• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Puchimas! 14

i8lcn2px3iQnU.gif

worlds greatest escape plan

fingers crossed they turn this into an actual series

cajunator

Banned
Tamako Market 2

Show is amazing. I dunno why but it doesn't feel slow to me at all. Obviously it's slice of life, so the plot is going to take a laid-back pace, but I was still entertained the entire way. Tamako and her friends in those bunny suits was just amazing! So ridiculously adorably cute! By now it's obvious that the OP is incredible, but the ED is pretty dang catchy too!

Built up a tolerance my ass!

Oh trust me I have. Some of that is for dramatic effect. Seriously though, that K-ON episode was master-tier cuteness. As for Tamako Market, KyoAni has another hit as far as I'm concerned. Its almost like they don't have to try. And yet they still do. The OP has REALLY grown on me and I dance along with it.

I haven't killed anyone.

We know your motives, little mascot-kun.

AnimeGAF is more interesting than animes.

This might be true. Actually I think it is!

Definitely, animegaf has helped pass the time while ive been stuck on a bus for the past two hours in this swva snowstorm :/

What is this...."snowstorm"? It sounds alien and strange.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been lurking (and occasionally posting in) BritGAF for a while now. >.> But yeah, decided to get into anime a few months back, watched a bit of Gintama mainly and then got distracted by something else (probably a video game) and stopped. Trying to get back in, but eh. I spend too much time posting on forums and watching junk on YouTube tbh.

I feel shameful now. I have been skipping to the last post in that thread recently so that's how I must of missed you. Also my short term memory can be really bad if I don't take something on board.

I'm still pretty new to anime (well it's been more than a year now so I guess I'm now that new HA HA). I recommend catching up on Gintama. It is worth it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I mean, I watch 2 animes but I still come in this thread because it's fun to read.

Well if anything it's a good way to keep up with currently airing shows. There are a lot of experienced anime watchers in here, so paying attention to who likes what (or what kind of consensuses form), and then reading reviews and impressions can be a good way to build a back list, or avoid picking a show you won't enjoy. But everyone in here also has their own unique personality, so it can be a very entertaining place at times!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AnimeGAF is more interesting than animes.

Well it's like how NeoGAF (and message boards in general) are more interesting than videogames. This is why I think Miiverse is potentially a great idea (spam is a bit heavy for popular games)

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
As for Tamako Market, KyoAni has another hit as far as I'm concerned. Its almost like they don't have to try. And yet they still do. The OP has REALLY grown on me and I dance along with it.

I know, I love the OP so much, especially the beginning when she comes down with the balloons "papapapapapapaPAAHH~ papapapAAAAA papaPAAAHHH!!!" *dances with entire market* it's like happiness in a bottle!

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 159

I felt smart for catching the koi pun when it first came up. Chibiusa/Pegasus stuff to open the ep was beautiful. Comedy after was pretty good but did feel a little strange as a followup.
I did lose my shit at the guy they assumed was Chibiusa's love interest though looooool
Senshi speech was something special as was their projection onto Chibiusa.

I feel shameful now. I have been skipping to the last post in that thread recently so that's how I must of missed you. Also my short term memory can be really bad if I don't take something on board.

I'm still pretty new to anime (well it's been more than a year now so I guess I'm now that new HA HA). I recommend catching up on Gintama. It is worth it.

I do have a tenancy of being ignored on forums (for example, that was the first time anyone pointed out I have an avatar, for example*). On Gintama, I'm still at the stage where I consider the Nabeoleon episode to be the best one I've seen so far, but I imagine there's better to come. (And considering the series is at 250+ episodes and counting...)

*Provided by the Department for Redundency Department

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So Tamako Market is alcohol?

Well I felt kinda drunk, but I suppose that's because I actually drank hard alcohol from the bottle while watching Ep 1 and 2, so yes I'd say so!

Girls und Panzer 7 - 10

Caught up now - so glad I decided to check this show out! I love you, AnimeGAF. I think all of the girls in the Anglerfish team are interesting, but as the show went on I found myself being pulled more and more to the Saori side. Of course, Yukari is still a goddess and I can't deny that, but Saori has a lot of merits too! From her ginger hair to her thigh highs and perfect zettai ryouiki - Saori can also be a megane goddess! Below her seifuku she has a fit body and ample bosom to match her heavenly thighs. As if this weren't enough, she is also great at making dinner and knows a thing or two about taking care of a man. I love girls who make ideal wives, and Saori is no exception!

Oh I also drew you guys a pic of Saori:

You can safely ignore the Circle Erotibot thing in the corner. I put that there just for fun, so it's not like it even exists or anything ^^;

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

You can safely ignore the Circle Erotibot thing in the corner. I put that there just for fun, so it's not like it even exists or anything ^^;

That's awesome! :D

I need to get back to my work as well, I started too many drawings at once. >>;

Kotoura 01

First half was LOVELY. Second half was mediocre to crap. Total waste of the set-up. Just think of what they could of done with it if they had done it like Tonari no Kaibustsu, where we see characters act out their characterisations. This is a girl that is supposed to have gone through very damaging trauma over the course of her life and yet it doesn't play out in her Characterisation AT ALL. She's talkative and animated, she doesn't seem to be shy our guarded in any way. She tells her secret without reserve or caution. She's supposed to be someone who can read minds, which means that she will be aware of all the unguarded thoughts that people let out. Sexual, violent and criminal SURELY in some cases. Yet she invites this guy to her house where she lives alone (and she has a reputation for telling lies), yet we are supposed to believe this is likely behaviour? And his unguarded sexual thoughts about her do not trouble her in the slightest?

first op of hyouka owns. second one just owns 10 times as much
Chu-2's is better.
Well I felt kinda drunk, but I suppose that's because I actually drank hard alcohol from the bottle while watching Ep 1 and 2, so yes I'd say so!

Girls und Panzer 7 - 10

Caught up now - so glad I decided to check this show out! I love you, AnimeGAF. I think all of the girls in the Anglerfish team are interesting, but as the show went on I found myself being pulled more and more to the Saori side. Of course, Yukari is still a goddess and I can't deny that, but Saori has a lot of merits too! From her ginger hair to her thigh highs and perfect zettai ryouiki - Saori can also be a megane goddess! Below her seifuki she has a fit body and ample bosom to match her heavenly thighs. As if this weren't enough, she is also great at making dinner and knows a thing or two about taking care of a man. I love girls who make ideal wives, and Saori is no exception!

iNIp8pMoZywHa.jpg

That's Awesome, makes me want to draw some Girls und Panzer art.

cajunator

Banned
But think of how much time you'd save if you skipped the OPs and EDs. When marathoning, that saves you so much more time!

Kid fills in for a job at a pool and doesn't want to.

Why skip OP/EDs? Unless they are bad, I always watch them too.

So Tamako Market is alcohol?

I wouldn't know, but I suspect its a similar effect for him. Its like a happy drug to me.

Oh and I'd like to say the first OP for Hyouka is shit.

Its a classy OP but definitely not KyoAni's typical catchy tune.

Girls und Panzer 7 - 10

Caught up now - so glad I decided to check this show out! I love you, AnimeGAF. I think all of the girls in the Anglerfish team are interesting, but as the show went on I found myself being pulled more and more to the Saori side. Of course, Yukari is still a goddess and I can't deny that, but Saori has a lot of merits too! From her ginger hair to her thigh highs and perfect zettai ryouiki - Saori can also be a megane goddess! Below her seifuki she has a fit body and ample bosom to match her heavenly thighs. As if this weren't enough, she is also great at making dinner and knows a thing or two about taking care of a man. I love girls who make ideal wives, and Saori is no exception!

Extollere, how do you achieve the "doujin" effect? Is that a filter?

Kotoura 01

First half was LOVELY. Second half was mediocre to crap. Total waste of the set-up. Just think of what they could of done with it if they had done it like Tonari no Kaibustsu, where we see characters act out their characterisations. This is a girl that is supposed to have gone through very damaging trauma over the course of her life and yet it doesn't play out in her Characterisation AT ALL. She's talkative and animated, she doesn't seem to be shy our guarded in any way. She tells her secret without reserve or caution. She's supposed to be someone who can read minds, which means that she will be aware of all the unguarded thoughts that people let out. Sexual, violent and criminal SURELY in some cases. Yet she invites this guy to her house where she lives alone (and she has a reputation for telling lies), yet we are supposed to believe this is likely behaviour? And his unguarded sexual thoughts about her do not trouble her in the slightest?

My roommate seems to agree with you that the setup was wasted on a show that didn't need it. I think it works out alright. She Is still somewhat guarded, but in a way, being with Manabe may help her to open up more to people She was still totally quiet and withdrawn until she met him. She still seems pretty down in the dumps too. Definitely not genki. But people do move on from tragedy, even significant ones. Trust me, Ive lived it. You dont have to become a lifeless shell. That only makes it worse.

Cwarrior

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-01-16/one-piece-film-z-sells-5.04-million-tickets

One Piece Film Z surpassed the 6-billion-yen (about US$68 million) threshold as of January 14, four weeks after it opened in December. In the process, it has sold 5.04 million tickets and surpassed the box office totals of two other 2012 films, Thermae Romae and Bayside Shakedown The Final.

The film will open in Taiwan on January 25, followed by Singapore (February 1), Hong Kong (February 14), Thailand, and South Korea. Toei Animation is licensing the film not only in Asia, but also in Europe, the United States, and other regions.

The movie has already surpassed it's loftiest predictions

Otaka reports that the film distributor Toei is projecting a final box office of over 5 billion yen (US$60 million) or even 6 billion yen (US$70 million).

Nami_inquadratura.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom