• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haganai NEXT 02

mSHvg.jpg
RAU63.jpg

Battle of the game names, go!

Also, best onee-san enters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kotoura - 02

Haha holy shit, this show keeps balancing the stupid love comedy part, with the pretty damn grim aspect of it, and it makes an overall entertaining package because of it.

owE35l.jpg

I took the same cap too. :p
It's SDBurton looking at every female pairing ever. lol

But wow, that DORAMA.

Gintama' 258

God damn. That was a good episode. This arc is delivering and then some.

You know, maybe I'm turning more into a fan girl as I age, but I really am at the point where I'm thinking of "ships" and Tsuki x Gintoki is basically the only pairing that makes sense in the Gintama franchise. lol

cajunator

Banned
I think it's more that there's a greater variety of manga than there are anime. The vast majority of shows that could be described as having moe elements are based on manga of some kind anyway - or at least there's usually a manga version of the same story in the case of light novel adaptations.

Manga has an audience that will read stories about the meals a gay couple share after work every day, or the rise of a salaryman to run an electronics corporation, as well as 4-koma shorts about girls doing nothing much but drink tea and eat cake. The greater the audience, the larger the variety of titles.

What a terrible idea. Would be total failure.

You know, maybe I'm turning more into a fan girl as I age, but I really am at the point where I'm thinking of "ships" and Tsuki x Gintoki is basically the only pairing that makes sense in the Gintama franchise. lol

Only a fangirl so far. The next step is evolving into a fujoshi and shipping everyone together.
And hating on Tsuki

duckroll

I think it's more that there's a greater variety of manga than there are anime. The vast majority of shows that could be described as having moe elements are based on manga of some kind anyway - or at least there's usually a manga version of the same story in the case of light novel adaptations.

Manga has an audience that will read stories about the meals a gay couple share after work every day, or the rise of a salaryman to run an electronics corporation, as well as 4-koma shorts about girls doing nothing much but drink tea and eat cake. The greater the audience, the larger the variety of titles.

Manga is also 3-5 bucks for 200-300 pages worth of content, and anyone can buy them at bookstores and read them on the train, in the office, at school, at home, etc. Anime airs at 2am in the morning, and costs 80 dollars for 2-3 episodes, which can only be played on a laptop with a BD drive or a BD player at home.

Not surprising which industry has millions in the general demographic and which one has less than 500k.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Your inability to arrive at a unified definition of moe shared by everyone is proof of a coordinated pedophile conspiracy to obfuscate the issue and dodge having to admit to every last one of you secretly having rape dungeons full of little girls.

STOP HIDING BEHIND SEMANTICS YOU GIRLY BOYS

K-On was actually not popular at all before the anime. Kakifly probably wakes up everyday and says a prayer to his KyoAni shrine.

It certainly got me to check out the manga, so I guess this is the perfect example as to how anime adaptations are supposed to work. Or at least should work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Magi 14

Alibaba = the
French Revolution.
Fastest character development ever.

The random cuts during the episode are still freaking ridiculous, and the song that played while Alibaba was making his announcement was disgusting.

Now hopefully
Cassim will die.

Narag

Magi 14
The random cuts during the episode are still freaking ridiculous, and the song that played while Alibaba was making his announcement was disgusting.

I still can't shake the idea they make sense if they're leading into a couple minutes of commercials!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, I finished K, and I don't even know why. What a fucking mess this show was. GoHands is without a doubt the single worst studio in the industry.

Branduil

Manga is also 3-5 bucks for 200-300 pages worth of content, and anyone can buy them at bookstores and read them on the train, in the office, at school, at home, etc. Anime airs at 2am in the morning, and costs 80 dollars for 2-3 episodes, which can only be played on a laptop with a BD drive or a BD player at home.

Not surprising which industry has millions in the general demographic and which one has less than 500k.

Manga can also be made by a group of losers in their apartment as opposed to dozens of trained animators in an expensive studio. Cheap to make, cheap to sell.

Continuing Jojo this morning withe 3~4

It's really like the mange, and I love everything of it. I only read the first arc of the manga, so I guess I'll be seing new things soon enough. I love this show so far.

But now it's time for
pretending to be
working

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetsuen no Tempest 14

I have to say: this is a million times more interesting than Talking in the Forest Arc.

New OP's pretty neat too.

I still can't shake the idea they make sense if they're leading into a couple minutes of commercials!

I hope that's the case.

wonzo

Banned
Your inability to arrive at a unified definition of moe shared by everyone is proof of a coordinated pedophile conspiracy to obfuscate the issue and dodge having to admit to every last one of you secretly having rape dungeons full of little girls.

STOP HIDING BEHIND SEMANTICS YOU GIRLY BOYS
Sounds like something a pedophile with rape dungeons would say! I'm onto you!!!

Well, I finished K, and I don't even know why. What a fucking mess this show was. GoHands is without a doubt the single worst studio in the industry.
sorry for you lots

madp

The Light of El Cantare
it's only 13 eps. how bad can it be? famous last words

Any 13-episode series is 6-7 times the length of Eiken. Plenty of time for your soul to die several deaths.

K's definitely not something I'd rank with the worst of all time because it's clearly making an effort to be interesting, it's just so hellaciously sloppy about everything that I thought it ended up being a poor story.

OK so let me get this straight .. i do not visit animegaf for 24 hours and when i come back :
-new blood has arrived ( hi junior people )
-cajun made another cute overdose
-kayos feels weird about his popularity even when he knows we all love him
-Another MAL exchange ?
-Yet another neotare discussion ( seriously what the heck guys )
-And i saw people who do not understand why gundam age is worst gundam ever made.

Never change #ANIMEGAF

732 posts to read was kinda hard

Narag

Any 13-episode series is 6-7 times the length of Eiken. Plenty of time for your soul to die several deaths.

K's definitely not something I'd rank with the worst of all time because it's clearly making an effort to be interesting, it's just so hellaciously sloppy about everything that I thought it ended up being a poor story.

Time to get on the SuperS bandwagon. We shall succeed where others have failed and honor hito's memory appropriately.

OK so let me get this straight .. i do not visit animegaf for 24 hours and when i come back :
-new blood has arrived ( hi junior people )
-cajun made another cute overdose
-kayos feels weird about his popularity even when he knows we all love him
-Another MAL exchange ?
-Yet another neotare discussion ( seriously what the heck guys )
-And i saw people who do not understand why gundam age is worst gundam ever made.

Never change #ANIMEGAF

My intro was not as apparent. One day I'll climb the ranks of AnimeGAF!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Haganai S2 02:

In this episode, we awaken Yozora's inner fujoshi and revel in the glory and superiority of :dtl.

A while :chet nun appears. However I bet she smells like crazy. Would not.

Tell me the time and place, and I'll be there. I'm not good at being a team leader or coordinating things...

Hm, I don't know how to set up an IRC chat, but are you people free Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom