• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Second episode of Windy Tales was pretty nice. I'm not a huge fan of the countryside so some of the scenery was lost on me, to be honest.

cajunator

Banned
People liked to boohoo about communities not being found when moved when in reality folk would go looking for them if they had any interest in participating.

I was never worried that the community would stay strong. If people like anime they will seek out threads about it. This one has a pretty huge footprint. most people find it quickly.

Looks like the halftone effect.

Thanks.
when I get a tablet I'll need to figure out all this stuff.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well I felt kinda drunk, but I suppose that's because I actually drank hard alcohol from the bottle while watching Ep 1 and 2, so yes I'd say so!

Girls und Panzer 7 - 10

Oh I also drew you guys a pic of Saori:

You can safely ignore the Circle Erotibot thing in the corner. I put that there just for fun, so it's not like it even exists or anything ^^;

Oh man you got me hype for a sec. I was like "Oh shit we got circle debuts!"

Your stuff would sell like hotcakes.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Extollere, how do you achieve the "doujin" effect? Is that a filter?

For the character it's textured brushes on subtract with different depth percentages - depends on what I want. Sometimes I use transfer and sweep lightly for softer areas. Sometimes I will use a multiply layer. I usually block my shadows with an opaque tone, pixel lock them, or make them into a channel, and brush over it. It's a variety of things really.

On the background it's the halftone filter and layer mask. I use a spherical gradient to dither the edges. It's okay to use on a flat pattern because you only get one type of effect, but on the character I like to have more control. I'm still experimenting with this ^^

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 160

iQ0vYl.png

0HFLil.png

T7aiFl.png

Aw yeah, Masahiro Ando (not that one) ep. If I remember what I read right, he was an animation director on Sailor Moon that had his own rather unique look. Characters were cartoonier and tended to have rounder faces, coming across as a bit younger visually among other things.

LOBQRl.png

Ok, so maybe he needed reined in a bit this ep. I think Usagi has a lazy eye.

Amazoness Quartet's existence was sort of vindicated with this ep.

It's marred by shitty aftereffects, and the first op is boring even without them. Second OP has porpoise.
The shitty ripples ruin what is already a boring OP.
For the character it's textured brushes on subtract with different depth percentages - depends on what I want. Sometimes I use transfer and sweep lightly for softer areas. Sometimes I will use a multiply layer. I usually block my shadows with an opaque tone, pixel lock them, or make them into a channel, and brush over it. It's a variety of things really.

On the background it's the halftone filter and layer mask. I use a spherical gradient to dither the edges. It's okay to use on a flat pattern because you only get one type of effect, but on the character I like to have more control. I'm still experimenting with this ^^

You're gonna have to teach me some of this stuff. It's a neat look.

Psycho-Pass 13

Masaoka being Ginoza's dad isn't that surprising since I remember lots of talk about it weeks before.

Wasn't a very eventful episode, but I'm interested in where the Shougo investigation will go from here.

wonzo

Banned
It's marred by shitty aftereffects, and the first op is boring even without them. Second OP has porpoise.
The aftereffects look much better in the Clean 1080p one that comes with the BD's and I'm pretty sure there weren't any porpoises in the 2nd OP!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Thank you for a drawing of my favorite GuP girl, and with the glasses no less!

Of course, and now I will chug a beer boot to you and your fine taste.

Oh man you got me hype for a sec. I was like "Oh shit we got circle debuts!"

Your stuff would sell like hotcakes.

I wish. If I had some actual way to make money off of making doujinshi I would definitely love to try it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how that's possible...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

I've been painting on a computer for around 10 years now.

I have no idea what you just said. Man I suck. >>;

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon SuperS 160

Amazoness Quartet's existence was sort of vindicated with this ep.

Whoa. Does the art really change that much?
Speaking of Sailor moon, I'm gonna resume some of it tonight.

I've been painting on a computer for around 10 years now.

I have no idea what you just said. Man I suck. >>;

Yall both put my lineart to shame. I need to learn this computer drawing stuff and get with the times.

Moonlight

Banned
Inferno Cop Episodes 1-4

This might be one of the worst shows I've seen seen. It's lazy and childish and offensive and I don't know why I didn't feel like I wasted my time watching it. It's bad enough to wrap around itself and starts becoming entertaining. Like a snake eating its' own tail and then pooping into its' mouth. It's vulgar, but this is exactly the description that Inferno Cop deserves.

As an aside, I thought the first opening to Hyouka was pretty good. I've certainly seen far better ones, but I always felt that it had a pretty clear theme to it. For Oreki, everything is monochrome and dull, then 'Hyouka' (the mystery) escapes from his notebook and starts creating huge ripples of colour. More ripples are creating by his friends. I might be reading too much into it, but that's pretty much how it felt to me the first or second time I watched it.

cajunator

Banned
I'd imagine a lower cost to produce allows more creative leeway rather than having to embrace the market but what do I know.

Thats what I think is the case too, although there are a LOT of stupidly adorable manga out there.

I've always wanted to make a doujin, but I just draw too damn slowly. :(

Same here.
Would love to see my N.Y.A.N. idea come to life.
Or any idea of mine really. the problem is I suck at writing and any other part of manga creation other than drawing.

BluWacky

Why is there more moe stuff in animes than in mangas?
Maybe that's not true but it seems like it.

I think it's more that there's a greater variety of manga than there are anime. The vast majority of shows that could be described as having moe elements are based on manga of some kind anyway - or at least there's usually a manga version of the same story in the case of light novel adaptations.

Manga has an audience that will read stories about the meals a gay couple share after work every day, or the rise of a salaryman to run an electronics corporation, as well as 4-koma shorts about girls doing nothing much but drink tea and eat cake. The greater the audience, the larger the variety of titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom