• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I suddenly have this urge to watch Sailor Moon from start to finish, but I remind myself I'm thirty episodes away from finishing Slam Dunk and that I'm watching Dennou Coil and Nadia as well and all the shit from last season that carried over and all the haremshit from this season and I don't know when the fuck will I ever get around to doing that.

Did someone see Evangelion 3.0 (You can (not) redo, I think)? Any spoiler-less impressions?

I'd like to see it, but my level of Japanese was not enough to see it in theater.

zeroshiki

I suddenly have this urge to watch Sailor Moon from start to finish, but I remind myself I'm thirty episodes away from finishing Slam Dunk and that I'm watching Dennou Coil and Nadia as well and all the shit from last season that carried over and all the haremshit from this season and I don't know when the fuck will I ever get around to doing that.

How many of the last 30 episodes are the shitty allstar game? If you get to just the point before it, just stop watching. Its basically the Rurouni Kenshin Feng Shui arc.

Theonik

Try and get Nadia out of the way first or at least to the filler purgatory.

You were hesitant to give Inferno Cop a proper chance. I've seen the damage it's inflicted upon you.
I gave it a full episode! I only held back watching more because of pride!

zeroshiki

Did someone see Evangelion 3.0 (You can (not) redo, I think)? Any spoiler-less impressions?

I'd like to see it, but my level of Japanese was not enough to see it in theater.

I did. Here are some quick hits:

- All the CG made me very sad.
- The battleship is clearly SRW bait.
- There are some very pretty fight scenes when they get around to them.
- I still have no clue what Maaya Sakamoto's character is doing in this movie.
- Its a complete and total mindfuck.
- The DTL levels are off the charts.

Don't worry about your Japanese level. Native Japanese who watched it say it made zero sense to them too.

Don't worry about your Japanese level. Native Japanese who watched it say it made zero sense to them too.

Thank you.
Sounds very interesting. I'll grab when I find it subbed.
I guess I'll watch the twofirst episodes before though. Just in case wild meaning appears in the show.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but did the releases of the first two change at all from the theatrical versions? IE CG polishing, and the like?

zeroshiki

Thank you.
Sounds very interesting. I'll grab when I find it subbed.
I guess I'll watch the twofirst episodes before though. Just in case wild meaning appears in the show.

Just watch the original run and EoE :(

This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but did the releases of the first two change at all from the theatrical versions? IE CG polishing, and the like?

I saw the first 2 on BD so I wouldn't know to be honest. I doubt they did though.

Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan - 01 & 02

Boku%20no%20Imouto%20wa%20Osaka%20Okan%20-%2002.jpg

Really ?

i just feel like i've learned things about osaka that i don't care much about

Nafe

Senran Kagura Tits are Life, Ass is Hometown 2

I have a lot of fun watching this show. A fuwa fuwa time show that's humorous and never really takes itself too seriously. The art isn't always consistent, but it's got it where it counts. I just love this show to death, I can't get enough of it. Definitely my favorite so far this season. Can't wait for next week.
First ranking
Ikaruga > Katsuragi > Asuka > Yagyuu > Hibari

I looked at every single picture in your review. While I watched the episode I didn't make any comments this time as it all seemed rather straight forward enough. I guess I could have mentioned that I still like Ikaruga the best or that Katsuragi looks great in a bunny suit. Haha, did you notice Ikaruga looking at it with a subtle blush to her cheeks when Katsuragi was holding onto it before putting it on?

Soul Eater is the debut work of Chiaki Omigawa.

Best show ever.

I forgot you were on Team Omigawa. Me too. Although I've only really heard her in about three of the shows I've watched. Like you mention a few posts from this one, I liked her role as Minchi from Hanasaku Iroha the best as well.

People I have recommend the show to, have always found that episode to be a real highlight of the series. Or I might be confusing it with ep6.

Either way, the next few episodes should give you a good taste of why "I"m" so awesome.:D

Haha, I'm very much looking forward to it. :)

I thought the battle was pretty good, it was just unfortunate that
the ship got destroyed, as the characters introduced were starting to get interesting and I would have liked to have seen more from them.
Oh well, I guess that's the nature of war.

Looking really good. I think I can hear 7Th cheering from here too.

And nice writeup Nafe. Didn't really appreciate the themes of old vs news so it was an interesting read. Thanks.

Thanks for reading. :)

I'm really happy to get these in my hands as always, but still have a way to go before completion.
Also, these covers are so good.
imdONucjiigBg.JPG

Neat. Those covers remind me of some of the different types of drawings I would do when I was younger.

Hyouka 1

It was the fucking janitor. Then they troll Chitanda with a fake mystery. Life is good.
This show is kinda slow, just a bunch of words surrounded by a bunch of useless fluff. Still, it's not bad, but I don't like the main guy at all. Chitanda is ok so far, was expecting her to be more, I don't know, crazy? I guess I'll have to watch more before I come to a conclusion on her.

Alright, you've started to watch it! That part's not useless fluff though. :(
Did you at least think the visuals were pretty? Many people who like the show didn't really like Oreki at first either but I always liked him from the first episode. Hopefully you'll warm up to him and the show as well... Chitanda's antics might have been overblown a bit from some members impressions or descriptions of her,yeah.

Sailor Moon SuperS 159

I felt smart for catching the koi pun when it first came up. Chibiusa/Pegasus stuff to open the ep was beautiful. Comedy after was pretty good but did feel a little strange as a followup.
I did lose my shit at the guy they assumed was Chibiusa's love interest though looooool
Senshi speech was something special as was their projection onto Chibiusa.

This is such a good episode. The part with the girls at the Crown is awesome! Easily one of the best scene's in the whole entire series. I guess you'll notice that's where Hitokage got that gif of Minako blowing bubbles into her drink as well.

zeroshiki

Speaking of Eva,

There was a recent interview with Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki and he mentions how he thinks Hideaki Anno is brilliant etc.

According to him, he says that sometimes when he meets Anno, Anno asks whether he could shoot a sequel to Nausicaa. Apparently Anno is a big fan.

Imagine that, an Anno Nausicaa sequel. How would you guys like that? :lol

Speaking of Eva,

There was a recent interview with Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki and he mentions how he thinks Hideaki Anno is brilliant etc.

According to him, he says that sometimes when he meets Anno, Anno asks whether he could shoot a sequel to Nausicaa. Apparently Anno is a big fan.

Nausicaa is my favorite ghibli. I would like a sequel by anybody ^^

Branduil

Speaking of Eva,

Not really a surprise that Anno is a fan of Nausicaa considering he animated the god warrior.

wonzo

Banned
Speaking of Eva,

Only if he gets to animate more of the god warrior.

cajunator

Banned
I forgot you were on Team Omigawa. Me too. Although I've only really heard her in about three of the shows I've watched. Like you mention a few posts from this one, I liked her role as Minchi from Hanasaku Iroha the best as well.

another Omigawa fan? I knew you were totally fucking awesome Nafe!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Speaking of Eva,

The idea of Anno doing a 4-part Nausicaa movie series covering the entire manga sounds incredibly awesome.

Except, he recently made Rebuild.

Theonik

Only if he gets to animate more of the god warrior.
Nausicaa prequel of the 7 days of fire please. I would watch the shit out of that if done right and if t is consistent with Miyazaki's manga.
Edit: A 20-40 episode series based on the Manga (perhaps shorter) would be swell too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Haganai NEXT 2

I really hated the first season but I'm actually enjoying this second season. Two things annoyed me. 1.) The ass/ecchi shots. They're stupid and I don't like them. 2.) It felt like the episode didn't really contribute much in the grand scheme of things and nothing really happened. Idk why but this is starting to become a pet peeve of mine. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Glassless Rika looks really nice.

zeroshiki

The connection between Anno and Ghibli is really weird.

I mean, in theaters, Eva 3.0 is accompanied by a weird non-animation short from Ghibli titled Kyoujinhei Tokyo ni Arawaru or Giants Appear in Tokyo which is basically a monster movie where giants come in and destroy a very meticulously built Tokyo miniature. It was... weird.

I looked at every single picture in your review. While I watched the episode I didn't make any comments this time as it all seemed rather straight forward enough. I guess I could have mentioned that I still like Ikaruga the best or that Katsuragi looks great in a bunny suit. Haha, did you notice Ikaruga looking at it with a subtle blush to her cheeks when Katsuragi was holding onto it before putting it on?
Yeah, it's pretty much more of what was in the first episode, but I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!
And yeah, Ikaruga is amazing! I always enjoy the classier ladies in the more ecchi shows.

Alright, you've started to watch it! That part's not useless fluff though. :(
Did you at least think the visuals were pretty? Many people who like the show didn't really like Oreki at first either but I always liked him from the first episode. Hopefully you'll warm up to him and the show as well... Chitanda's antics might have been overblown a bit from some members impressions or descriptions of her,yeah.
Oh it's very nice looking, wish it wasn't so desaturated though. I haven't really seen many people praise the first episode much, so I'm under the assumption it will get better. I guess I should hold off judging the show until I see a little more of it
specifically episode 11.5

Kotoura-san 01
This was the most despressing first 10 minutes i've watched of a serie in a while .
Well... Seeing kotoura life gradually falling into the deeps of despair was unexpected ..and kinda hard..
this scene especially :

Kotoura-san%20-%2001.jpg

The father is more to blame than the mother but still ..that scene is ... well

The second half of the first episode was "different" but still good the dynamic between the duo was intresting even if it was predictable. I love how kotoura still have a hint of humanity despite what happenned to her because that was what made her to contoniue that unstable relationship with pervert-kun .

in short this is an anime i'll follow this season because ...well because !!

Theonik

Miyazaki hates CGI though... so if it happens while the old man is alive, it might still be hand drawn.
This is an Anno movie though. There would be no telling what would happen!
Yes I hope Miyazaki doesn't allow this then again plenty of Ghibli suff has used CG or other digital methods.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of Ghibli, I have both Arrietty and Castle in the Sky on blu-ray and haven't watched either. I should make an effort to watch at least one.

dude...DUDE.
Go watch. both of them. Like YESTERDAY.
Yesterday is over so go watch now! start with Castle in the sky.

Kotoura-san 01
This was the most despressing first 10 minutes i've watched of a serie in a while .
Man seeing kotura life gradually falling into the deeps of despair was unexpected ..and kinda hard..
this scene especially :

The second half of the first episode was "different" but still good the dynamic between the duo was intresting even if it was predictable. I love how kotoura still have a hint of humanity despite what happenned to her because that was what made her to contoniue that unstable relationship with pervert-kun .

in short this is an anime i'll follow this season because ...well because !!

You will fall in love with her. she is soooooo cute and sweet.

Articalys

Man, you people are out of control.
Anyway, the full sales list for last week mostly had small numbers since the threshold was low anyway, nothing really important, but the new extended BD lists helped fill in some temporal numbers, so the list got a slight update:
18,713 *4 Girls und Panzer
17,129 *4 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
12,674 *4 To LOVE-Ru Darkness
11,723 *2 Gintama' Enchousen
11,405 *3 Little Busters!
*9,928 *3 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
*9,079 *9 K
*8,043 *4 Psycho-Pass
*6,534 *1 Initial D 5th Stage
*6,249 *3 Kami-sama Hajimemashita
*2,497 *2 Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankenai yo ne
*2,494 *1 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
*2,392 *1 Jormungand Perfect Order
*2,184 *1 Busou Shinki
*1,759 *1 Ixion Saga DT
**,594 *1 Shinsekai Yori [Vol. 2 data]
Though I guess the only real change is that K leapfrogged over Psycho-Pass into 7th place.

Kazzy

Yeah, it's pretty much more of what was in the first episode, but I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!
And yeah, Ikaruga is amazing! I always enjoy the classier ladies in the more ecchi shows.

Oxymoron, surely?

That's true, although being inferior to Laputa is hardly a crime.

Yup, and Arrietty is built around fantastic looking backdrops. Though the narrative is serviceable enough, it's the eye-candy that you remember.

zeroshiki

The 2009 showing of Laputa on TV killed Japanese twitter when everyone decided to tweet "Pulse" all at the same time.Twitter crashed.

The 2011 version registered the highest tweets per second in Japan ever at 25,088.

Defuser

Psycho-Pass ep 13

What a shyamalan twist after the ED credits.

My theory :
Touma Kouzaburou and Shougo Makishima are the same person. Because the old lady head knows Shougo the way she address him not to mentions she said that Touma Kouzaburou just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom