• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next - 02
Boku%20wa%20Tomodachi%20ga%20Sukunai%20Next%20-%2002.jpg

Panty shot attempt missed!
Mother kate was nice ..they should use her more so that i can judge her character properly.

But what's with the goddamn uniform ? Did nobody told them that this isn't the proper standard uniform for a sister ? 15 ? what the heck ?
farting ?
WTF.

i guess i'll watch ep 3 then.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
First watching of anything in about a week.

Smile Precure 46 - So much in this ep, and it was great. Fights, plot movement, the lot... although recycling one of Fresh's big final section BGMs just managed to make me want to watch the last 5 or so eps of that again too, seen as I only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. Only just starting to hit there's only 2 episodes left of this, considering it's the first Precure I've watched while it was airing after getting into the franchise around Ep5 it's going to be really weird without it to look forward to every week.
DokiDoki Precure is starting immediately after. It's gonna suck crap but that doesn't mean we don't have anything to wait for every week!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sakurasou 14:

Man, this is one of the most epic nosedives I've ever seen a show take. A great 12 episodes followed by this shit? Not even regular shit, this is shit that's been rotting for a week in the summer on a rusting boiler plate while being shit on by passing ravens.

Okay, that's hyperbolic bullshit about bullshit, but man oh man is this disappointing.

cajunator

Banned
Sakurasou 14:

Man, this is one of the most epic nosedives I've ever seen a show take. A great 12 episodes followed by this shit? Not even regular shit, this is shit that's been rotting for a week in the summer on a rusting boiler plate while being shit on by passing ravens.

Okay, that's hyperbolic bullshit about bullshit, but man oh man is this disappointing.

Watch Kotoura-san. You will hnnngh for days at Haruka.

Blast of Tempest 14
tumblr_mgsg4sfOw11rn98vpo3_r3_250.gif
tumblr_mgsg4sfOw11rn98vpo4_r3_250.gif

The OP is nice with the new characters and some Mahiro and some Yoshino, could have had scenes together. Hanamura is a really funny character and such determination.
Fantastic scene with his ability with Hakaze in that duel. Like how it looked and prefer his exodus driven powers over hers. Though to think that he cant kill rules him out of being a Mage of Exodus but Yoshino still qualifies. Would be incredibly mindblowing if he was, though he is pretty unawares, unless he really isnt? For the whole dialogue and that I hope we hear more of what Mahiro wants, I liked how he agreed though we heard that he said it was his turn to protect Yoshino, so I wonder what he will do, or what can he do considering he is an outlier or maybe outsider among everyone there

She did get me, actually thought she did lose her arm for real. Nice.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 46 - So much in this ep, and it was great. Fights, plot movement, the lot... although recycling one of Fresh's big final section BGMs just managed to make me want to watch the last 5 or so eps of that again too, seen as I only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. Only just starting to hit there's only 2 episodes left of this, considering it's the first Precure I've watched while it was airing after getting into the franchise around Ep5 it's going to be really weird without it to look forward to every week.

Join me and be a Dokidoki True Believer™. I need a couple of people who are committed to enduring the entire thing with me no matter how bad it gets.

cajunator

Banned
The dream...

... the dream is coming back!! :D

You're assuming I won't want to kill myself before I get that far... ;_;

It does get pretty rough at first. You will totally want to hug Haruka and never let go. Reminds me of the shit Chise went through in Saikano in terms of so much horrible shit to a ridiculously cute innocent girl.

Be still my beating heart.

does this mean I can import even MORE anime figures?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that good? Will Nintendo stop losing money?
It means weebs like us can start importing without losing an arm and a leg.

I blame the art style.
Needs more infodumps.

It airs after the infomercials.

You're more likely to find broadcast test patterns rather than anime on during that time.
Do they still do test patterns in Japan? I miss those here. That and the random national anthem that would come out of nowhere. lol

I wonder why they cheaped out though, but oh well. :p

---

RurouniZel

It does get pretty rough at first. You will totally want to hug Haruka and never let go. Reminds me of the shit Chise went through in Saikano in terms of so much horrible shit to a ridiculously cute innocent girl.

But see, it was for that reason I couldn't even bring myself to watch Saikano. My heart is too fragile for that. ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So whens more Hyouka coming out?
I assumed that the light novels ended and the anime ending is the ending that was intended for the series?

---
Haganai
m802Sl.jpg

You know, since this is Japan, I have no idea if this is supposed to be a positive or a negative.

Also, as people have posted in the form of caps already, for some reason the artists like to make it appear as though all of the female characters do not wear underwear. Japan, etc.

---

Vividred Operation

raZsql.jpg

Ah, so there's the name drop. This seemed rather inoffensive, but once they introduced the
mysterious girl with the bow
the cynicism meter started going off. I know it's a trope that happens in tons of these magical girl shows, but the
misunderstood villain turned hero
is just boring and in recent years, they all come off as
Homura
ripoffs.

I'm hoping it's somehow subverting that trope, in the same way that I hope the "Alone" are explained in an more interesting way than the "Noise" in Symphogear or the "Neroi" in the show that this thing is drawing from, but I assume that this will play it as safe as a nerd bait magical girl action show can play it. lol

Hell, even the fake/SDBurton yuri is just... there. It titillates in that boring way that everyone pretended that the Britney Spears/Madonna kiss was scandalous all those years ago. Might as well check off that box too. :p

Vividred Operation 2

UKXvn.jpg

Did someone call for anime of the season?

Jesus Christ it really IS like Strike Witches mixed with Nanoha. That flashback was sort of dumb, but the fight against the Neuroi Alone was still awesome thanks to science-made mahou shoujos and next week TOSHINOU KYOUKO makes her appearance. I don't think my body will be ready.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, you people are out of control.
Anyway, the full sales list for last week mostly had small numbers since the threshold was low anyway, nothing really important, but the new extended BD lists helped fill in some temporal numbers, so the list got a slight update:

Though I guess the only real change is that K leapfrogged over Psycho-Pass into 7th place.

K.....ode:Breaker, right? RIGHT?!?

fuc
K.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I assumed that the light novels ended and the anime ending is the ending that was intended for the series?

---
Haganai
m802Sl.jpg

You know, since this is Japan, I have no idea if this is supposed to be a positive or a negative.

Also, as people have posted in the form of caps already, for some reason the artists like to make it appear as though all of the female characters do not wear underwear. Japan, etc.

---

And you call SAO shit. SHAME!!!!

Soma

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Episode 02

Love the ritzy feel of the OP.

Man what is up with all the crotch/pants shots in the first half? Second half was a bit better with the whole sign skit. Fun and lively episode overall but kind of a chore to get through since I wasn't feeling some of the comedy (partly the reason I took so long to continue this show since I keep getting distracted).

Episode 03

Much better episode, imo. The absurd little mystery in the first half and the dialogue between Hotori and the new character was pretty great.

Episode 04

And an even better episode! Moriaki-sensei is becoming one of my favorite characters in this show and his scenes in this episode were amazing. From his random childhood flashback to the conversations between him and Hotori made this my favorite episode so far.

This show is really growing on me.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, me too.

Also, I always watch any OP with music by Yoko Kanno. It's why I will rave to my grave about all of Macross Frontier's music.

Yeah Outlaw Star has an amazing intro and of course I watched the CCS openings 70 times. Some openings are just too masterful to skip.

It means weebs like us can start importing without losing an arm and a leg.

Needs more infodumps.

Do they still do test patterns in Japan? I miss those here. That and the random national anthem that would come out of nowhere. lol

I wonder why they cheaped out though, but oh well. :p

---

I wasnt bothered by import costs or anything, although they did seem rather high. 50 bucks just to ship Ultimate Madoka. thats kind of crazy isnt it?

But see, it was for that reason I couldn't even bring myself to watch Saikano. My heart is too fragile for that. ;_;

Saikano is really tough to watch. Its not bad, its just BRUTAL. It will leave you crying in despair in a corner. I marathoned that because Im a thick skinned unfeeling bastard...well sometimes.

Vividred Operation 2

Jesus Christ it really IS like Strike Witches mixed with Nanoha. That flashback was sort of dumb, but the fight against the Neuroi Alone was still awesome thanks to science-made mahou shoujos and next week TOSHINOU KYOUKO makes her appearance. I don't think my body will be ready.

that is an interesting mix right there. I agree though.

jgminto

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 2
I...uh well...hmmm...uh what just...? Uh...

O9X6p.png

g9rtk.png

I don't...huh?

what?

Do I like this show? Maybe? I don't really know. I think I might. That episode was certainly the best anime to revolve around an MMO I've ever seen. The characters are funny...I think? Brother is an amusing idiot and the sisters are pretty funny. I just don't know anymore.

...wuh?

shawnmelo

Neo Member
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 2
I...uh well...hmmm...uh what just...? Uh...

what?

Do I like this show? Maybe? I don't really know. I think I might. That episode was certainly the best anime to revolve around an MMO I've ever seen. The characters are funny...I think? Brother is an amusing idiot and the sisters are pretty funny. I just don't know anymore.

...wuh?

just admit it you like the show. I have come to that conclusion its just a fun stupid show that I enjoy.

Vividred Operation - Not quite the DOCKING scene I was expecting.

The Alone reminds me of the mechs in Bokurano, what with the random exposed weak spot.

The Hammer weapon reminds me of Graf Eisen from the Nanoha series. I was waiting for someone to scream EXPLOSION during the final attack.

Also, Blue Loli is best Loli (thus far).

vividred operation 2

It's so weird, this show has them yuri undertones, beautifully crotch shots, pretty decent visuals, good action... yet it feels so... soul less?

hmmm...

Psycho Pass 13
tumblr_mgsjujFJ9b1rnyvcro1_500.gif

I thought the big moment was that reveal.
To think that Masaoka would be Ginoza's father, though I wonder what else happened in their past if his mother isnt currently living, I think, based on that conversation about relatives he could talk too.

Would hope Kogami gets to Shogo and they do their thing before these people do. Also Akane would make for a terrible enforcer.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai 02

Ok, show, you hooked me. I love them Japanese mythology.

Not a bad episode. I was mostly just enjoying all the references as well as the whole Orochi thing going on. While it was much less visual wackyness going on expect for Sasami's faces, it was still pretty fun.

Yamatano Orochi SNS is a better MMO than SAO.

Also, no rankings cause they were all bad in this episode.

Cardfight!! Vanguard s1 43 and 44 (engDub)

Good fights, I prefer this Aichi Sendou to the early cardfight Aichi. Something about his confidence, lines, and strategy makes him more fun and compelling, and even now perfect with Ren Suzugamori who has him in the palm of his hand waiting for him to fully succumb and be reliant on his every bidding. Anyway with 44 think I know how they can finally achieve the fights teased in the op.
Kai Aichi has to be the final fight, though who would take down Ren, Kai could but then Aichi has no big boss. Also Kai not on any team for Nationals.

RurouniZel

Saikano is really tough to watch. Its not bad, its just BRUTAL. It will leave you crying in despair in a corner. I marathoned that because Im a thick skinned unfeeling bastard...well sometimes.

I just can't do brutal. I'd rather watch a bad show than a brutal one. / _ ;

The Melancholy of Haruhu Suzumiya 15
tumblr_mgt0bcEXyX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Get all sorts of excited when new moments play out, which has often been at the very start. but then slowly get all disappointed, Im now able to even say the exact lines that will be uttered. Like Kyon said, I must be clairvoyant. Actually get disappointed when certain ones arent shown
like no longer discussions with Kyon and Koizumi have been taking place in this loops. I wish they could brainstorm earlier to figure out just what has been hinted. If the observer can stop observing and tell them from the start so that get more than one day. The scenes focusing on the clouds and planes almost made it look like Kyon had thought of something, then when the moment came, almost but he let her go and missed his chance. She even stares at him as if expecting him to say something, I just noticed. Hopefully the next episode they do stumble upon it. I like the clothes changes and even some longer dialogue at times and some different focus of the camera

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Melancholy of Haruhu Suzumiya 15
tumblr_mgt0bcEXyX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Get all sorts of excited when new moments play out, which has often been at the very start. but then slowly get all disappointed, Im now able to even say the exact lines that will be uttered. Like Kyon said, I must be clairvoyant. Actually get disappointed when certain ones arent shown
like no longer discussions with Kyon and Koizumi have been taking place in this loops. I wish they could brainstorm earlier to figure out just what has been hinted. If the observer can stop observing and tell them from the start so that get more than one day. The scenes focusing on the clouds and planes almost made it look like Kyon had thought of something, then when the moment came, almost but he let her go and missed his chance. She even stares at him as if expecting him to say something, I just noticed. Hopefully the next episode they do stumble upon it. I like the clothes changes and even some longer dialogue at times and some different focus of the camera

I'm just curious, have you figured out what they need to do to get out of the loop yet?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Tetsuwan Birdy 12 - 13 - End

*folds arms*

Well alright Birdy. You gave me a decent end. You wasted a lot of my time getting there, but I will accept this ending.

Shyamalan's death was the best part of this finale. During the Ryukan's awakening, while Shyamalan was gushing on about the chosen people, there was a short montage of citizens (and other living objects) dying around the city. One of the shots in the montage was of Shyamalan himself dead. He was allowed no death sequence or dialog of any sort and I thought it was perfect. Normally we'd suffer through some trite monologue from the villain about how "it couldn't possibly be", and "if it weren't for those meddling kids", etc... instead in one brief and passing moment we are told all we need to know. Shyamalan was simply a human pretending that he could be more; he was intelligent but lacked humility. He was a fool for thinking he could control the Ryukan, and all we needed was a silent passing shot of his dead and frozen face to understand this. The delivery was more shocking because of the fact that it wasn't entirely expected either! Further proof that execution really does count for more than anything else.

What now? Well, on to S2 I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom