• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Psycho-Pass ep 13

What a shyamalan twist after the ED credits.

My theory :
Touma Kouzaburou and Shougo Makishima are the same person. Because the old lady head knows Shougo the way she address him not to mentions she said that Touma Kouzaburou just disappear.

I'm pretty sure your theory is wrong.

If you listened to her speech you would know that people NEED to believe that these special types of people don't exist and that the system is absolutely perfect. In order to avoid that these special people need to disappear. They wouldn't let them roam free on the streets. She might indeed know Shougo but as for Touma being Shougo or him not really being gone, I doubt it.

image.php

Where does this avatar come from? I've been restraining myself to ask, but Ican't hold it anymore.

Theonik

The 2009 showing of Laputa on TV killed Japanese twitter when everyone decided to tweet "Pulse" all at the same time.Twitter crashed.

The 2011 version registered the highest tweets per second in Japan ever at 25,088.
Now imagine it in terms of scrolling niconico comments.

Kazzy

The 2009 showing of Laputa on TV killed Japanese twitter when everyone decided to tweet "Pulse" all at the same time.Twitter crashed.

The 2011 version registered the highest tweets per second in Japan ever at 25,088.

Sword Art Online should have taken a similar approach. It could have been "The glop that shook the world".

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 43

The random stuff that happens to Marller in this episode was hilarious as hell. First Banpei blows the shit out of her again. Then The Fucking Who (or some Who cover band who stays in character even when they're out on a stroll) bashes their instruments on her. Then random shit falls on her as the French fairy dude keeps sneezing. Then Banpei the shit out of her again. She is hilariously incompetent. Becoming manager at the convenient store really is all she can take pride in at this point.

Then Hild devises a plan to capture Belldandy by making a pot that traps you if you kiss it look like the cutest thing in the world to each people. For instance, if Chet Rippo came across it, he would see Mio looking totally moe. If cajunator saw it, he'd see...frankly he's seen so many cute things I don't even know what would show up. They manage to trap everybody except Belldandy. What the hell were all those people doing at his house anyway? How did Chihiro even know where he lived, anyway? But Belldandy is able to resist, and ends up accidentally saving everyone. Hild punishes Marller by putting her in a fighting game and having her subordinates (who, by the way, Hild was cooking earlier) beat the shit out of her.

To Aru Majutsu no Index

Now having watched To Aru Kangaku no Railgun being an excellent series and a spinoff to this one at that, I dived into this with high expectations, and left a little disappointed but still interested.

My main gripes with this series is the lack of character development and disconnected story arcs.

With the two main characters of Touma and Index, I saw no development throughout the 24 episodes, if there was it was very little. From the beginning Index was attached to Touma and at the end, still attached. Touma on the other hand stayed as the same dude and it became repetitive with each villain he had to save someone and make a heartfelt speech. The only character I believed that had actual character development was Accelerator and that took only 2 episodes!

As for the multiple story arcs, they're very disconnected compared to Railgun. Where in Railgun you had multiple arcs hinting at the final one in the end, the arcs in Index was literally "beat a villain, move on to the next!"

In the end, Railgun > Index, but the universe that it established is enough (I think) for me to be invested in to continue in watching Season 2 (plus the upcoming Railgun sequel!)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Psycho Pass 13
Projectile vomit moe. I want to post that picture with the girl throwing up on the cat but I'll refrain I guess. Technology in this world is stupid. They can plumb a persons mind for visuals from their memories but they don't attach cameras to their police guns or use them for police work? There were some "big" revelations but they were without much value or merit, so it's kind of whatever. Because the episode hinged on them mattering the whole thing was sort of shot.

Ultimadrago

Man, you people are out of control.
Anyway, the full sales list for last week mostly had small numbers since the threshold was low anyway, nothing really important, but the new extended BD lists helped fill in some temporal numbers, so the list got a slight update:

Though I guess the only real change is that K leapfrogged over Psycho-Pass into 7th place.

From the New Bomb

Give it a try even if you don't have time!

(As you can tell, I'm the only one ever to push this show here.)

Well I hardly have 2 hours in a row, but maybe I'll cut it in small pieces and watch in 3/4 times.

Being alone doesn't necessarily means being wrong. Anyway, count on me to complain after I saw it.

I love to complain.

Naruto Shippuden 296

Finally after weeks of filler were back to the main plot. The broadcast in the beginning I could do without, though I did laugh at Sakura's interview. Seeing Naruto's attacks animated was nice but they were still all pretty dumb, yet powerful, versions of rasengan and rasenshuriken. Thankfully we got some action vs the Kages which I'm looking forward to.

Kotoura-san 02
The tales of suffering continues ..
Kotoura-san%20-%2002.jpg

I wonder what the 2 guys have as painfull memories..
Kotoura is really a nice character. This episode was a nice watch but i don't feel like i'm satisfied with the way the characters are.

it feels like something's missing .. hopefully the whole setting of the show won't be the school.
it feels like they are bursting all the stéréotypes out of the way first so they can tackle "new stuff" later.

Nafe

Idolm@ster Puchimas!

Episode 14

i8lcn2px3iQnU.gif

We've gone about 5 episodes now with Yayoi and I don't think I've heard a single "Un Un!" :(

Man, you people are out of control.
Anyway, the full sales list for last week mostly had small numbers since the threshold was low anyway, nothing really important, but the new extended BD lists helped fill in some temporal numbers, so the list got a slight update:

Though I guess the only real change is that K leapfrogged over Psycho-Pass into 7th place.

Girls und Panzer sales make me :)
Shin Sekai Yori/From the New World sales are really disappointing though. :(

Kagami

Kotoura-san 2

Wow, I was expecting to dismiss this show as something similar to GJ-bu, but it's been pretty interesting so far.
Only thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the dynamic nature of the first two episodes quickly powers-down and it turns into a mild-mannered episodic comedy ala My Little Monster.

Quasar

Haganai NEXT 2

I really hated the first season but I'm actually enjoying this second season. Two things annoyed me. 1.) The ass/ecchi shots. They're stupid and I don't like them. 2.) It felt like the episode didn't really contribute much in the grand scheme of things and nothing really happened. Idk why but this is starting to become a pet peeve of mine. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Glassless Rika looks really nice.

Well. It introduced Kate which was awesome. Retreading the same ground of yozora and sena reading out stuff from a game/book/anime though was a waste though.

Varion

First watching of anything in about a week.

Smile Precure 46 - So much in this ep, and it was great. Fights, plot movement, the lot... although recycling one of Fresh's big final section BGMs just managed to make me want to watch the last 5 or so eps of that again too, seen as I only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. Only just starting to hit there's only 2 episodes left of this, considering it's the first Precure I've watched while it was airing after getting into the franchise around Ep5 it's going to be really weird without it to look forward to every week.

Tamako Market 1&2 - Wasn't going to watch this
even though part of me wanted to just for Anko
but it being fairly well liked in here gave me an excuse, and I actually ended up really liking it. Didn't find anything to really dislike - the bird was... interesting, funny providing he doesn't take over the whole show and actually lets the other characters get plenty of screentime.

Robotics;Notes 13 - At least squashing the whole of Chapter 6 into one episode (it was probably the weakest chapter in the game anyway) meant they seem to be giving Chapter 7 the two it needs. The first of the big plot chapters got handled pretty well, the characters are still great as they should be. Music's still forgettable though, and I wish they'd actually let you hear or see the content of the Kimijima reports instead of just flashing them up for a few seconds and then that's it, but oh well.

To Aru Majutsu no Index
Just how the different mediums end up translating to anime, I guess. Index is a very villain of the volume light novel, especially earlier on (it's not until series 2 they start having two volume long story arcs), whereas Railgun as a manga doesn't really have any constraints like that, and the second of the anime is original material that isn't in the manga to begin with. It's definitely an issue though, as is
Touma's lack of character development. I like him and all, but as far as male characters in the franchise go I found Accelerator a whole lot more interesting (even though I didn't like him at all at first). Crazy, yes. But interesting.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 2
tumblr_mgm0psqdBK1qkgj66o1_r1_500.jpg

There are so many pairs in this show, I guess the combo they have of the characters harboring some god and having a companion and then some other partner character makes it really interesting. Shino is hilarious
though how old is he if he has had it but it has stopped him from aging, though he still seems childlike until he launches that power and he gets all epiciss
. Rio is good, Genpachi has potential
if he can be freed
and then with Kobu. Rio and Kaname leading in the looks department but Kaname is funny and needs more time. The standoff scene was probably the best moment if only Sousuke didnt interupt.
Though how did he lose his memory and I wonder why they are keeping it secret from him, and on that same line, for the Hamaji too

Really good.

Thoraxes

Why skip OP/EDs? Unless they are bad, I always watch them too.
I always wanna just get into the action. There's some i'll always watch like TTGL, Hidamari, or Rinne's, but if i'm marathoning something that's 12 episodes, i'd save nearly an entire episode's worth of time when I finish, and that's just putting them both at 1 minute each.

I'm weird when it comes to time management though, so I always feel like I need to max out and optimize my usage whenever i'm doing something and for me OP/EDs fall into the category of being able to cut out.

Not to mention a lot of them don't have good music most of the time, and if the music's boring, I don't wanna watch them.

Of course, and now I will chug a beer boot to you and your fine taste.

Hell yes.

cajunator

Banned
Kotoura-san 2

Wow, I was expecting to dismiss this show as something similar to GJ-bu, but it's been pretty interesting so far.
Only thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the dynamic nature of the first two episodes quickly powers-down and it turns into a mild-mannered episodic comedy ala My Little Monster.

I doubt that. The drama looks like the main meat of the show instead of the other way around. There will probably be an episode every now and then thats mostly light hearted comedy but there's way too much going on here to sweep aside. This show's strength seems to rely on putting characters in bad situations and then extracting emotion and hnnngh from the audience. AND IT FUCKING WORKS.

Articalys

I don't even get this.
It's an analogy. I suppose if you wanted to write it in a more SAT-proper form, it would look like

duckroll : Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai :: RurouniZel : Sasami@Ganbaranai

Basically, similar to how Chuuni repulsed duckroll to the point of dropping it, so did Sasami-san repulse RurouniZel to immediately drop it as well.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
It's called an "analogy". I suppose if you wanted to write it in a more SAT-proper form, it would look like

Basically, similar to how Chuuni repulsed duckroll to the point of dropping it, so did Sasami-san repulse RurouniZel to immediately drop it as well.

I formatted it the wrong way because I thought it'd be easier to read on a message board, but I guess that was silly of me. :/

But yes, nailed it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's called an "analogy". I suppose if you wanted to write it in a more SAT-proper form, it would look like

Alright hakase.

Articalys

To be fair, I guess that notation isn't really commonly used outside of tests and stuff, so the confusion was somewhat justified this time.

First watching of anything in about a week.

Smile Precure 46 - So much in this ep, and it was great. Fights, plot movement, the lot... although recycling one of Fresh's big final section BGMs just managed to make me want to watch the last 5 or so eps of that again too, seen as I only finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. Only just starting to hit there's only 2 episodes left of this, considering it's the first Precure I've watched while it was airing after getting into the franchise around Ep5 it's going to be really weird without it to look forward to every week.

Tamako Market 1&2 - Wasn't going to watch this
even though part of me wanted to just for Anko
but it being fairly well liked in here gave me an excuse, and I actually ended up really liking it. Didn't find anything to really dislike - the bird was... interesting, funny providing he doesn't take over the whole show and actually lets the other characters get plenty of screentime.

Robotics;Notes 13 - At least squashing the whole of Chapter 6 into one episode (it was probably the weakest chapter in the game anyway) meant they seem to be giving Chapter 7 the two it needs. The first of the big plot chapters got handled pretty well, the characters are still great as they should be. Music's still forgettable though, and I wish they'd actually let you hear or see the content of the Kimijima reports instead of just flashing them up for a few seconds and then that's it, but oh well.

Just how the different mediums end up translating to anime, I guess. Index is a very villain of the volume light novel, especially earlier on (it's not until series 2 they start having two volume long story arcs), whereas Railgun as a manga doesn't really have any constraints like that, and the second of the anime is original material that isn't in the manga to begin with. It's definitely an issue though, as is
Touma's lack of character development. I like him and all, but as far as male characters in the franchise go I found Accelerator a whole lot more interesting (even though I didn't like him at all at first). Crazy, yes. But interesting.

Agreed, Accelerator ftw.

BTW would you happen to know if the manga or light novel series are worth it?

^^^^ Articalys wisdom !!!

Reading "articalys wisdom" give you "Knowledge +1".
You cannot read "articalys wisdom" twice to get the same effect
"articalys wisdom" gives you an additionnal "knowledge +1" if used with the "Anime sales data" card.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Speaking of Eva,

There was a recent interview with Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki and he mentions how he thinks Hideaki Anno is brilliant etc.

According to him, he says that sometimes when he meets Anno, Anno asks whether he could shoot a sequel to Nausicaa. Apparently Anno is a big fan.

Imagine that, an Anno Nausicaa sequel. How would you guys like that? :lol
CGI MECHS
CGI GOD WARRIORS
CGI NAUSICAA

cajunator

Banned
Sailor moon 35

When we last left off, it was just revealed that
Usagi is Princess Serenity. The Senshi witnessed her transformation along with Mamoru
. As Usagi
kneels besides the wounded Mamoru
, ZOicite attempts to attack her. She's like Bitch, please and deflects the beam effortlessly. I like this new Usagi already.
Her tears awaken Mamoru, who suddenly remembers that he is Prince Endymion. suddenly a flashback to the pair standing before a palace aflame. endymion draws his sword and charges toward it as Serenity screams. Back to the present, Serenity utters endymion's name before turning back into Sailor moon and collapsing.
Kunzite spares the Senshi but teleports away with Zoicite, taking Mamoru with him.
Back in their lair,
Queen Beryl says that ZOicite has failed. Kunzite tries to take responsibility but Beryl fatally wounds Zoicite anyway
because she's a horrible bitch.
Beryl beckons Queen Metallia's spirit forth using Endymion.
Zoicite says he loved Kunzite and wishes to die beautifully in his arms.
Kunzite obliges.
Back with the Senshi, Artemis lays the whole story out.
The Princess is from the Moon. There was a peaceful kingdom there that prospered until an evil force threatened to destroy the Earth. the Senshi were created to fight this force and return peace. When the spirit was banished again, the girls were brought to Earth to a time when they could live out normal lives.
However, somebody overturned the apple cart and the evil spirit returned.
The senshi realize they must fight this force in the present to restore order. Sailor Moon does her cowardly thing again and Mars quite literally slaps some fucking sense into her because thats what needs to be done.
The senshi find the exit with the help of Mercury's computer. Kunzite confronts them before they can escape.
The Senshi approach him one by one but their attacks do nothing. they are all defeated. Unconscious, they express their faith in Sailor Moon to fight Kunzite. She uses some of the silver crystal power to send Kunzite back to Beryl's lair. Beryl still has some sort of plan for Endymion.
Meanwhile Sailor Moon looks out over the ocean through what remains of the tower. The senshi thank her for being useful for a change.

I always wanna just get into the action. There's some i'll always watch like TTGL, Hidamari, or Rinne's, but if i'm marathoning something that's 12 episodes, i'd save nearly an entire episode's worth of time when I finish, and that's just putting them both at 1 minute each.

I'm weird when it comes to time management though, so I always feel like I need to max out and optimize my usage whenever i'm doing something and for me OP/EDs fall into the category of being able to cut out.

Not to mention a lot of them don't have good music most of the time, and if the music's boring, I don't wanna watch them.

Hell yes.

I agree normally, but sometimes I just can not bring myself to skip an OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom