• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Tetsuwan Birdy 12 - 13 - End

*folds arms*

Well alright Birdy. You gave me a decent end. You wasted a lot of my time getting there, but I will accept this ending.

Shyamalan's death was the best part of this finale. During the Ryukan's awakening, while Shyamalan was gushing on about the chosen people, there was a short montage of citizens (and other living objects) dying around the city. One of the shots in the montage was of Shyamalan himself dead. He was allowed no death sequence or dialog of any sort and I thought it was perfect. Normally we'd suffer through some trite monologue from the villain about how "it couldn't possibly be", and "if it weren't for those meddling kids", etc... instead in one brief and passing moment we are told all we need to know. Shyamalan was simply a human pretending that he could be more; he was intelligent but lacked humility. He was a fool for thinking he could control the Ryukan, and all we needed was a silent passing shot of his dead and frozen face to understand this. The delivery was more shocking because of the fact that it wasn't entirely expected either! Further proof that execution really does count for more than anything else.

What now? Well, on to S2 I suppose!

Make sure you watch the one-episode OVA that bridges the two series first.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - This show is mildly amusing, but I hope the plot goes somewhere. Sasami reminds me of Nagi from Hayate the Combat Butler. This reality altering sounds like it came straight from Haruhi.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Haganai is too generic to be offensive. SAO is purposefully exploitative and destructive.

Same with Haganai. I don't get how you can differentiate SAO and Haganai when they're basically trying to pander to the otaku audience. They're doing the same thing. Both are exploitative and destructive.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vividred Operation - 02

LROPJ.png

More fingersex, more lovely embracing, and more yuri powaaaaa. Anime of the season.

Same with Haganai. I don't get how you can differentiate SAO and Haganai when they're basically trying to pander to the otaku audience. They're doing the same thing. Both are exploitative and destructive.

So we're back to this argument again?

SAO is basically a bait and switch. Promises an action filled MMO quest and we got worthless pandering.

Haganai is basically a harem of an unpopular guy with unpopular girls. There's pretty much no different way that premise would go besides some psychological thriller or something.

It's all about expectations. That's why I don't mind Haganai's pandering while SAO is just bleh.

zeroshiki

So we're back to this argument again?

SAO is basically a bait and switch. Promises an action filled MMO quest and we got worthless pandering.

Haganai is basically a harem of an unpopular guy with unpopular girls. There's pretty much no different way that premise would go besides some psychological thriller or something.

It's all about expectations. That's why I don't mind Haganai's pandering while SAO is just bleh.

Its also about presentation. Haganai is setup as a comedy and it remains one all throughout. The pandering is also played off for laughs.

zeroshiki

firehawk, I take back what I said about SSY having shit sales/ratings because of the timeslot.

Vividred Operation registered an astounding 3.7% rating in its 25:55 (1:55 AM) timeslot. Its the highest rating ever registered on the timelslot and is an incredible number for late night anime.

Wtf is a Vividred?

firehawk, I take back what I said about SSY having shit sales/ratings because of the timeslot.

Vividred Operation registered an astounding 3.7% rating in its 25:55 (1:55 AM) timeslot. Its the highest rating ever registered on the timelslot and is an incredible number for late night anime.

Wtf is a Vividred?

Pretty damn great.

NNJWQ.gif

Wtf is a Vividred?

It's the dimension that contains the red plain that mankind has built generators to tap unlimited clean energy. The clean energy has led to a long period of peace on earth and humanity has become more connected on an emotional and spiritual level than ever because of the harmony. People made allusions as to how this was like everyone on in the world were one as though they were tied together by the red strings of faith. Turns out that this energy wasn't only being used to power electronics but was streaming energy from the vividred dimension and now the inhabitants of that realm want to tap on the happiness of the peaceful earth realm to force the energy back into theirs by altering the entropy constant of earth by causing massive destruction and chaos.

EDIT:
I could be full of shit though :(

zeroshiki

It's the dimension that contains the red plain that mankind has built generators to tap unlimited clean energy. The clean energy has led to a long period of peace on earth and humanity has become more connected on an emotional and spiritual level than ever because of the harmony. People made allusions as to how this was like everyone on in the world were one as though they were tied together by the red strings of faith. Turns out that this energy wasn't only being used to power electronics but was streaming energy from the vividred dimension and now the inhabitants of that realm want to tap on the happiness of the peaceful earth realm to force the energy back into theirs by altering the entropy constant of earth by causing massive destruction and chaos.

but it contains yuri, right?

OceanBlue

Vividred Operation 2

This is the show that Takamura was born to make.

On a serious note, it's kinda funny where some of the more elaborate movements are in this show (transformation scenes aside). The animation is really good overall though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
wait... then what have AnimeGAF been posting that's yuri all this time?

Shouldn't you know a little more about this for someone who has an avatar of two chicks gazing lovingly into each others' eyes?

I kid, I know it's Xillia guy

OceanBlue

Wtf is a Vividred?

Holy crap. That's almost prime-time levels, isn't it? I hope it keeps up, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom