• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I have good news for fans of Psycho-Pass who dislike the new OP sequence. The OP seems like it was indeed a placeholder, because those who have seen ep14 in the regular noitaminA preview screenings every weekend have confirmed that ep14 has a brand new actual OP. It is monochrome like the first OP, and it begins with the new cut of Kogami pointing the gun at the screen which was added to the end of the makeshift OP in ep13. This new OP should be the one storyboarded by the director Shiotani.

Good news. The song deserves better. Get hype.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
people here arent active in their fandoms and been on blogs and podcasts?Even ive done some in the ssx fandom

You're an SSX fan? Good man.

Maybe as a junior, my opinion doesn't really count, but this sounds like it'd be pretty neat.

Your opinion counts just as much as our own. :)

Getting caught up on the thread and seeing Fatalpulse again among other things, kinda pissed I went to bed early and missed out on the fun. :lol

Ishida & Asakura 3
tumblr_mgatefhE6i1qzk4cro1_500.png

Mindblown that reveal.
The girl is actually a dad and has a trunk, I cant even

At least no flowershop joke.

Mr.Jeff

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 10-13
What. The. Fuck

So when Hazuki has a child, presumably through either having either a normal relationship with a man or some kid of immaculate inception, she gives birth to her own lover?! How does that even work?! Then what was the point of that stupid Hatsumi/Strange man subplot in Hazuki's world in the first place?!

Mitsuho

Banned
SAO S01E17

俺のいもうといとこがこんなに可愛いわけがない。

Theonik

AKB0048 NEXT STAGE 03
I see they are going even deeper on the :sadlife that is AKB fandom. This was entertaining. Also more faux :SDBurton and fanservice. "Aitakata YES!" :lololol
Sort of saw that one coming.
That ending was such a tease... Pretty nice surprise though.

Syrinx

Sailor Moon SuperS 138:

and motherfuck could the villains in this season be any more despicable douchebags?
Not only does Hawks-Eye get off to widows (seriously, just think about it for a minute), but he disguises himself as a widowed woman's dead husband to seduce her and the shock hurts her so badly that she ends up fucking hospitalized because of it.
Just die, villains. Just. Die.

I love the trio. They're so hilariously flamboyant.

Mitsuho

Banned
Sooo... he's got a cute cousin. Good for you.

Take it to facebook instead? Haha. SAO seems a bit cookie cutter but not enough to drop it. I enjoyed the .hack first half but the second is pretty much just + oreimo. It must suck to be stuck in a birdcage for over a year.

cajunator

Banned
So Crunchyroll is letting me stream My Little Monster episode 1 in 1080p without being a member or using the 14-day free trial. This is not the first time this has happened. This seems to only apply to the first episode since I just tried to load episode 2 and it is streaming in SD. I wish this would happen more.

How much is CR per month? I dunno if it would be worth it to me. I dont watch that much currently airing stuff.

whyisthisnotonpbskids
whyisthisnotonpbskids
whyisthisnotonpbskids...

Nobody would watch it
Nobody would watch it
Nobody would watch it

Junior bans are only always perma for real juniors. Dunce-hat juniordom follows the same rules as normal bans in essence. So depends on offence, past bans etc.

Yeah I dont think what he did is perm-bannable, but it was still stupid.
Probably a month.

AnimeGAF rarely gets permanent dwellers.

I have posted on another forum continuously since 1998. I will be on Gaf a long time.

Rofl. I'd be interested to hear how some of you sound.

I sound like a girl sometimes I have been told.
Over the phone anyway.

what?

wait for that sony TV service son. why you waiting for those failures.

meanwhile, while certain motherfuckers who say that they are conserned about the western part of the animation industry are out fucking there girlfriends - ill be working making sure those excutives dont sleep well at night.

watch and learn anime gaf, a pissed off thundercats fan isnt somebody you mess with.

*hugs Novid

So far this season I've tried:

Good as Expected
Chihayafuru 2
Sasamai-san@Ganbaranai
Tamako Market

Unexpectedly Good
Problem Children
Kotoura-san

Mediocre/IsWhatItIs
Vividred
OreShura
Maoyuu

Is there anything I haven't given a shot that's risen above it's chart description/artwork? None of the rest looked particularly interesting.

Mondaiji!

The K-ON EDs are always better than the openings.

This is very true. Especially S2.

We can jot this up on the list of ideas that will never be.

We could always force him to put on that voice. Actually my problem with recording my voice is that I can't help but put on voices. Guess I find it hard to talk straight when I'm not face to face with someone.

Well no one took up my "What do you think Cajun sounds like?" challenge which was Cajun approved.

Hey, I put some effort into my gifs. I know, lets make a tumblr instead. DTL is already on board I'm sure.

OH GOD! The Plan™ has been set into motion. It's starting!
iVIyzVfnIZv0A.gif

I still wonder what yall think I sound like.
Perhaps One day I shall reveal what I look/sound like. Or would that ruin the mystique?

I would listen to a podcast of just cajun making sounds while he watches anime that makes him nearly die.

I dunno man...

The problem with "hnnnnnnnnnng" is that if you recorded Cajun making that noise you wouldn't be able to tell if he's having a moe attack or just struggling with a really bad shit.

This is true lol. I don't sound like that though when I react to cute. Its an online thing.
I do have to pause sometimes and just rock back and forth going "Oh my god that was so cute holy fucking shit".

I'm not sure I'm ready to witness cajun's, erm, distress the day after jambalaya night.

Jambalaya doesn't affect me like that. Neither does Taco Bell for that matter.

Syrinx

I have posted on another forum continuously since 1998. I will be on Gaf a long time.

So, wait, not only do you completely dominate AnimeGAF, but you also regularly post on another forum as well? Have you trained yourself to post in your sleep or something?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have good news for fans of Psycho-Pass who dislike the new OP sequence. The OP seems like it was indeed a placeholder, because those who have seen ep14 in the regular noitaminA preview screenings every weekend have confirmed that ep14 has a brand new actual OP. It is monochrome like the first OP, and it begins with the new cut of Kogami pointing the gun at the screen which was added to the end of the makeshift OP in ep13. This new OP should be the one storyboarded by the director Shiotani.

So even they knew it was shoddy. My expectations are still low.

A bit like the flight I'm waiting for that has been delayed by two hours.

Steroyd

Space Brothers 37 - 41

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Why did I have to catch up now, these constant cliffhangers are naughty. T_T

Calling on Brian to save the day and provide oxygen.

I wonder if Bisket was where they got the idea for Tsunade in Naruto
Kind of like the akatsuki and uchiha seemingly inspired by the phantom brigade and kurta clan...
so much flattery

Yeah, Naruto copies Hunter x Hunter in a number of places.

The Akatsuki = the Phantom Troupe
Sasuke = Kurapika
Tsunade = Biscuit
Chuunin Exam = Hunter Exam
Forest of Death = Zevil Island
Chakra test with a piece of paper = Nen test with a piece of paper (this is possibly the most shameless thing in the history of manga)

Steroyd

Yeah, Naruto copies Hunter x Hunter in a number of places.

The Akatsuki = the Phantom Troupe
Sasuke = Kurapika
Tsunade = Biscuit
Chuunin Exam = Hunter Exam
Forest of Death = Zevil Island
Chakra test with a piece of paper = Nen test with a piece of paper (this is possibly the most shameless thing in the history of manga)

Wow, never thought of it like that, then again I did read Naruto before Hunter x Hunter so it probably never registered.

And to think Naruto is inferior in every single area even though it could have improved on the concepts.

Jex

What. The. Fuck

So when Hazuki has a child, presumably through either having either a normal relationship with a man or some kid of immaculate inception, she gives birth to her own lover?! How does that even work?! Then what was the point of that stupid Hatsumi/Strange man subplot in Hazuki's world in the first place?!

What was the point in anything? Ever?

Hellraider

Come on, guys, you like sasami? I love Shaft but this must be their worst work I have watched so far.Excluding art and animation of course, it's not funny, it's not crazy in an awesome shaft way but in a retarded way and the girls are annoying.
It always takes me a couple of episodes to really like a shaft anime but no other has had as bad first two episodes.

Syrinx

What. The. Fuck

This series made me have an existential crisis that resulted in me discovering the absurdity of all our lives. That last episode completely ruined any delusions I had about such petty concerns as "sense".

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 2

[...]

Additionally, the ending stretch had an above-average, casual focus on mythology. I enjoy reading about that type of material and wonder how/if it'll pertain to the story at large. The episode was alright, but it has me more looking forward to what happens next and what new revelations will unfold (with questions).

In a word: hugely.

Jex

I wanted to believe there was no yuri in Tamako Market 2 as much as anyone, but I think this sequence was pretty unambiguous. I mean, look at the montage after Midori repeats (in Japanese) her grandfather's slogan "Everybody loves somebody."

It's pretty obvious where Midori's focus is.

I like how it's handled in this episode, though. She has a crush on a friend, but it doesn't turn into some sort of idolatry, an excuse for groping, or a debilitating disease that keeps her from forming complete sentences. Her feelings are shown through editing and through her reactions to some of Tamako's comments, but she still tries to maintain their normal friendship. It rings pretty true to me.

There's also the sequence when they're all watching the commercial - they certainly aren't being subtle about her feelings.

Katawa Shoujo got #45 on the GotY list. Well deserved. I should probably make this related to anime...if there was ever an anime adaption of KS it would probably suck.

I wish we didn't have to wait so long of the AotY awards to finish.
The fact that it got beat by Journey ruins the whole list.
Ishida & Asakura 3
tumblr_mgatefhE6i1qzk4cro1_500.png

Mindblown that reveal.
The girl is actually a dad and has a trunk, I cant even

At least no flowershop joke.

Wait, are you saying she has
a penis?

Syrinx

From last night:

Cowboy Bebop 15

Pretty good to see some background on Faye. Not sure I would have gone with the whole,
been in a coma for 54 years and doesn't remember anything about herself
route, as that doesn't go a long way to explain why she is the way she is. What does, however, is how she
got conned by that lawyer dude into assuming all of his debts after he faked his own death and led her to believe he loved her.
Would have liked more discovery into Faye's background, but I suppose this way keeps her more interesting.

Great Ein episode too.

Faye: "Would you like to hear a story about my past?"
Ein: *yawns* (Translation: "I don't give a shit about your past. I'm a dog.")

Cowboy Bebop 16

Old nemesis from Jet's past appears and has hijacked a ship full of death row inmates headed for Pluto. Jet confronts him and he reveals that
it was actually his partner who betrayed him and was responsible for losing his arm. Results in a bittersweet bro scene with Jet's partner dying and Jet lighting him a cigarette.

One similarity I noticed between these two episodes, and a theme that seems to be arising amongst all of the characters, is that
the characters involved seem to be overly attached and sappy toward figures from their past. Not that this is such a bad thing, but it even extends to people who lied to them, betrayed them, stabbed them in the back, etc. Nobody seems to be able to put their pasts or the people in their pasts behind them.

duckroll

I wanted to believe there was no yuri in Tamako Market 2 as much as anyone, but I think this sequence was pretty unambiguous. I mean, look at the montage after Midori repeats (in Japanese) her grandfather's slogan "Everybody loves somebody."

It's pretty obvious where Midori's focus is.

I like how it's handled in this episode, though. She has a crush on a friend, but it doesn't turn into some sort of idolatry, an excuse for groping, or a debilitating disease that keeps her from forming complete sentences. Her feelings are shown through editing and through her reactions to some of Tamako's comments, but she still tries to maintain their normal friendship. It rings pretty true to me.

There's also the sequence when they're all watching the commercial - they certainly aren't being subtle about her feelings.

There are also the scene where they casually point out that Midori attracts attention from both boys and girls, and she gets pretty embarrassed about it, but gets more serious when she asks Tamako if she's giving any chocolate to anyone, but Tamako doesn't seem to "get" what she's saying.

Another scene is when Tamako plays with her hair, and she's hesitant but doesn't resist, but when Kanna comes at her she actively fights her off.

So much evidence. The :sdburton goggles are real! They actually work!

Kurita

Any good sport animes that are not written by Adachi and are not Slam Dunk, Judo Girl, Hajime no Ippo?

Well I'd love to recommend Eyeshield 21 but the anime version is just so inferior compared to the manga.
You can still watch it but read the manga if you like it.

CiSTM

Banned
Well I'd love to recommend but Eyeshield 21 but the anime version is just so inferior compared to the manga.
I actually did watch some of it but I didn't get it. After the truck pushing part I just started to skip episodes and I don't even remember if I finished the show.

BTW, GAF what's your go to feel good anime? I'm kinda bored watching Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku and Azumanga Daiho over and over again. I guess K-on has found place in my heart too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Well this is good. Let's see how it is this weekend then.

BTW, GAF what's your go to feel good anime? I'm kinda bored watching Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku and Azumanga Daiho over and over again. I guess K-on has found place in my heart too.

Whenever I'm feeling depressed, I turn to Martian Successor Nadesico. It always manages to pick my spirits up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You mean this Thursday? :p

Uhh... Yeah. I just woke up. I wasn't thinking.....

I actually did watch some of it but I didn't get it. After the truck pushing part I just started to skip episodes and I don't even remember if I finished the show.

I watch all the funny scenes in Sakurasou. lol.

CiSTM

Banned
Whenever I'm feeling depressed, I turn to Martian Successor Nadesico. It always manages to pick my spirits up.
Is it Mech heavy anime? Sounds kinda interesting but I'm bit shy to pull the trigger on Mecha animes since they are usually hit or miss with me... Usually miss. Especially after the whole Macross 7 debacle.

Seitokai Yakuindomo when I need a laugh at something inappropriate to cheer me up. Hidamari Sketch for general relaxation.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If we are gonna do the podcast thing I'm demanding a full segment on Thoraxes and cajunator discussing cute things just to hear the heart attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom