• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

How the fuck is the frog girl in Sasami-san@Ganbaranai supposed to be in elementary school?

There are two apparent problems here.

First, apparently you've gotten all the terrible anime shows that have featured similar designs in the past.

Secondly, you're watching Sasamisan.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Secondly, you're watching Sasamisan.
The sakuga at the end of episode one looked promising. Of course, I forgot that SHAFT was SHAFT and therefore episode two had none of that.
What's wrong with Nanoripe? (Honest question because that was my first time listening to a song from them)

I thought the song went well with the openings presentation and its quirky dance routine
The singer is what's wrong with nanoripe. I wanna pull my eardrums out every time I listen to her.

What's wrong with Nanoripe? (Honest question because that was my first time listening to a song from them)

I thought the song went well with the openings presentation and its quirky dance routine

From my prior experiences watching Hanasaku Iroha and Sankarea, it's the singer's voice causing eardrums to rupture.

Steroyd

Ixion Saga DT 15

Darn I miss the old ED, this one just not as good, lacking scenes of my favorite characters, like Variation. Funny episodes though didnt catch most of the references, never played Ico (it has no resets or something), or Spelunker, or Dig Dug, but have played one Zelda last year (oot3d). I feel as if the location names were references too.

Cant wait for next episode, tons of variation screentime I hope

An Ico reference... in an anime!? Never thought I'd see the day.

Syrinx

K-On!! 6

Yui episode here.It's rain season in Japan and Yui doesn't want her guitar getting wet. So she gets soaked on her way to school and is wearing a maid outfit in homeroom. Then when she dries her clothes she wears her gym pants under her skirt till Sawa-chan tells her to get rid of them. She grabs them and then she's embarrassed by Yui getting startled cause she's making it sound like she's assaulting her. Though I'm pretty sure telling someone to lose the pants and then grabbing them does indeed qualify as assault. At least this incident wasn't motivated by her being creepy.

Then there's an adorable scene between Yui and Ui where they sing some song about moms and umbrellas with Yui's guitar.

The next day, it's pouring, so Yui has to leave Geeta at school overnight, which makes her sad. She's so happy to be reunited with it the next day she has it out during homeroom. Yui seems to have infected Mio, who now calls her bass Elizabeth, a name Yui gave to it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be fair, Junrui's ED is easier on the ears if you've already been acclimated to Oranges and Lemons by means of Azumanga Daioh.

Once you've aquired a taste for the voice of Masumi Itou though, it's wonderful.

Soma

The singer is what's wrong with nanoripe. I wanna pull my eardrums out every time I listen to her.

Yup. Terrible.

That said, Reg, you should at least try to skip the OP for Jinrui because it's an awesome show (I remember you saying you couldn't watch it because of it or something)

Jex

[JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] - 15

When manga-readers see their favourite work transfigured into an anime I often here that the adaptation wasn't faithful enough. I understand, or rather I am led to understand, this adaptation is extremely faithful. This is, presumably, a good thing because the source material is extremely beloved. However, I can't give this kind of episode a pass simply because of such factors - the art looked rather bad with the CG being especially atrocious and more importantly the pacing really didn't make any sense for an animation. Things that should be happening at the same time or that should have already finished happening don't because the episode itself is cut really awkwardly. More over, the 'action' scenes are really quite atrocious - they resemble a series of manga stills except that they make less sense than those stills because you don't have anytime to focus on what's supposed to be going on in the frames.

This series has certainly managed better than this in the past and I expect them to do so again in the future but this episode was fairly disappointing.

Narag

[JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] - 15
More over, the 'action' scenes are really quite atrocious - they resemble a series of manga stills except that they make less sense than those stills because you don't have anytime to focus on what's supposed to be going on in the frames.

Imagine my feelings when I saw the Holy Sandstorm, realized it was in the OP too and only just then could I perceive it for what it was, then the rush of knowing the mess in the OP looked better than the episode itself.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
To be fair, Junrui's ED is easier on the ears if you've already been acclimated to Oranges and Lemons by means of Azumanga Daioh.

Once you've aquired a taste for the voice of Masumi Itou though, it's wonderful.

I've never seen Azumanga or Haibane and I still immediately thought it was amazing. Some people are just born with good ears I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jex

Imagine my feelings when I saw the Holy Sandstorm, realized it was in the OP too and only just then could I perceive it for what it was, then the rush of knowing the mess in the OP looked better than the episode itself.

It's not even like it's just poorly animated, which it undoubtedly is, it's that I can't even tell what's going on in the action scenes: who is attacking who, who is attacking what, what's moving where, wtf is going on.

K-On!! 6

Yui episode here.It's rain season in Japan and Yui doesn't want her guitar getting wet. So she gets soaked on her way to school and is wearing a maid outfit in homeroom. Then when she dries her clothes she wears her gym pants under her skirt till Sawa-chan tells her to get rid of them. She grabs them and then she's embarrassed by Yui getting startled cause she's making it sound like she's assaulting her. Though I'm pretty sure telling someone to lose the pants and then grabbing them does indeed qualify as assault. At least this incident wasn't motivated by her being creepy.

Then there's an adorable scene between Yui and Ui where they sing some song about moms and umbrellas with Yui's guitar.

The next day, it's pouring, so Yui has to leave Geeta at school overnight, which makes her sad. She's so happy to be reunited with it the next day she has it out during homeroom. Yui seems to have infected Mio, who now calls her bass Elizabeth, a name Yui gave to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNU78Y-9o_U
Not one of my favorite episodes, but it sure is cute. And it's all worth it for the last scene.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's not even like it's just poorly animated, which it undoubtedly is, it's that I can't even tell what's going on in the action scenes: who is attacking who, who is attacking what, what's moving where, wtf is going on.
You gotta admit Sugita bullshitting the shit out of everyone was great though.

Biggest complaint for me has to be the time dilation shenanigans going on. That was way longer than one minute.

arkon

Second person voicing in Hidamari Sketch, I'll watch it. Yakitate was hillarious, I stopped watching at some point for some reason (they were trapped inside some cave with some clown). Hmmmm, it's been long time, maybe I'll start watching it again from the beginning.

First half off the anime was really good I thought. Starts to lose some of its luster after that though and was wearing a little thin towards the end. Still an enjoyable anime overall though.

Ixion Saga DT 15

4AIO2o0.jpg
14qNSgn.jpg

8MDUSPZ.jpg
J5Ayfq2.jpg

This episode went heavy with the RPG references which made it awesome. It also showed the suppression of the minority by the empire.

Narag

Code:Breaker 12-13

Pj5uPG9l.jpg

That fuckin' dog :lol

mYGSgo3l.jpg

sogood.gif

What a finale.
Hitomi filled that Magneto role magnificently. It was sort of depressing to see the regret he carried during the Code:End process that seemed split between his plans failing and realizing he should have never cut the important people out of his life. It was also really nice to see the culmination in the characterization of the Code:Breakers themselves. Those cold blooded killers had just enough heroism about them that I like to think was inspired by Hitomi himself given their hero worship until the bitter end.

The conflict in these last two eps was so good too. One aspect of this I appreciate is you have the characters with a (mostly) full grasp of their powers so the fights end up interesting. The ice wielder vs the darkness wielder (whose names both escape me) just seemed creative in their execution in particular. The finale as a whole had a great sense of escalation too. Just when you thought it was over, nope, something else was afoot. It didn't feel forced either aside from possibly Ogami's final burst. I lost it when it looked like Hitomi was about to win by broadcasting a trigger to the bombs and darkness enveloped the tower out of nowhere and the calvary arrived.

I should have seen that prime minister thing coming too. It was a magnificent sell on the notion he'd be saved when the Code:Breaker's interrupted Hitomi's final assault that I never once considered the body manipulation Hitomi had demonstrated in the past would be present one more time. I think a lot of that had to do with the Yuki scene with him on the rooftop that gave him a sense of being untouchable.

You're going to love the finale. X-Men to the max.

You were so right.

cajunator

Banned
How the fuck is the frog girl in Sasami-san@Ganbaranai supposed to be in elementary school?

I was wondering this also, but...you know...ANIMU.

Rideback 1-12 (END)

Surprisingly enjoyable, especially given that it was effectively mecha. After what feels like years (i.e. 9 months), I finally watch something that held my attention so consistently I didn't fast forward once. My only real disappointment was that the signs of mania which the MC exhibited didn't develop into full blown psychosis or anything like that, which would've made things even more entertaining
to me.

Anyway, interest in anime somewhat revitalised.

Rideback was a unique idea but I guess it wasnt memorable enough to be discussed much. Its a cool show IMO. I got the blurays.

Nothing is wrong with Nanoripe!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJWUj-MMGs

K-On!! 6

Oh this episode was sooo adorable. Especially the way Mio was with her own bass.

orrrrr the opening to Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gx643z58gw

I've never seen Azumanga or Haibane and I still immediately thought it was amazing. Some people are just born with good ears I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whaaaaat? WHATWHAT WHAT WHAT?
Watch Haibane right now!!!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Ages are flipped. Sister who's youngest physically is oldest mentally. Sister who's oldest physically is youngest mentally.

Either it's some kooky bodyswap or SHAFT is working with the FBI to profile pedophiles.

Jex

You gotta admit Sugita bullshitting the shit out of everyone was great though.

Biggest complaint for me has to be the time dilation shenanigans going on. That was way longer than one minute.

The only reasoned I enjoyed the episode at all is down to the source material and the strength of the voice acting, everything else was average to bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ixion Saga DT 15:

So if
Ecarlate is several dozen positions back in the line of succession then why is the enemy faction so intent on killing her
?

Man, just imagine the kind of insane political parties that would form if St. Piria became a democracy. The new ED is pretty boring (it'll probably get better once there's a translation for the song as it's probably subversive and raunchy) but at least we got this one piece of amazing symbolism :lol Somehow it never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom