• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Come on, guys, you like sasami? I love Shaft but this must be their worst work I have watched so far.Excluding art and animation of course, it's not funny, it's not crazy in an awesome shaft way but in a retarded way and the girls are annoying.
It always takes me a couple of episodes to really like a shaft anime but no other has had as bad first two episodes.

There are some very devoted SHAFT lovers in AnimeGAF.

nisemonogatari-02-nadeko-friend-quiet-cute.jpg

Nisemonogatari Karen Bee Arc 1-3

It was nice seeing almost everyone again. Mayoi still teasing Araragi name was good and we even had some nice fanservice courtesy of Kanbaru. Nadako was my favorite from Bake and seeing her new appearance was cute, but I am going to miss her hat. Twister scene was enjoyable too. Glad to see Hitagi's threatning again and it was amusing when she chained up Araragi. Didn't know she was scared by Hanakawa though.

Openings were okay with Ep 3 being the best so far.

jinrui_wa_suitai_shimashita-06-watashi-fairies-dancing-opening.jpg

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 1

Good episode. Loved the opening song, though not much of a fan of the ending

The story immediately dropping how mankind is on verge of exticintion would have made this really depressing if it wasn't for the art style and the characters themselves anyway. The Mediator herself definitely does look alot better with long hair and I enjoy her comments about everything so far. The faires themselves are adorable. If I ever find a plushie of them while out shopping I would definitely pick one of them up.

The bread scene completely caught me off-guard. Laughed when the receptionist asked them to eat the bread.

Is it Mech heavy anime? Sounds kinda interesting but I'm bit shy to pull the trigger on Mecha animes since they are usually hit or miss with me... Usually miss. Especially after the whole Macross 7 debacle.

It's a mecha anime, but it's very funny and parodies a lot of the typical tropes of the genre and melodramatic stuff. It's far more interested in telling stories with the characters and making jokes than with typical mecha action.

cajunator

Banned
With Chihayafuru and TWGOK both getting new seasons, I'm not really sure of anything anymore. Both of their anime series were supposed to be dead.

Sometimes fortune smiles upon us all.

Why do guys have to post Fatal pulse :|

Because it exists!

What about sisters?

iz5jVTRkGZMxb.gif

sisterly love is pure and beautiful.

Heh, I didn't even notice until now that the girl on the left in the Mondaiji-tachi ED was doing the dance moves from Saturday Night Fever. Anyone know if there's a reference for the other girl?

I have no idea but god is that ED Cute!

I quite liked the first book but when it became clear the second book would deal more with the MC's relationship with that guy, I dropped it about 3 chapters in.
Interesting plot ideas = good
Shitty teen angst relationships = always bad

More on the subject of anime, I ploughed through to ep 9 of Yami last night. This show has so many problems, especially with the Milka story.
They set up two episodes around the kid and the resolution for it is basically "Hey, we're going to leave you all alone again. Why don't you go take your tiger across the sea to a place filled with people. That'll work well." You don't even find out if Lillith even repairs the book world. She just kinda says "Hmm, I need to fix this." The only thing that really came out of all this (excuse the pun), was we find out that Hazuki has been schlicking to her sister but has decided to keep everything secret.

All that did give me two great screenshots though:

School's motto: "Because god forbid they turn into men."

Moé!

And then the next arc with it's fucking useless
ninjas. What kind of (decent) ninjas go around with only a bra and pants on? As for being stealthy, they go around laughing all the time which surely must somehow alert someone? Aside from that, we learn that the main evil guy is actually just nuts instead of actually evil

Augh, still 4 more episodes.

Yamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

AKB0048 The Next Stage 16

Beginning to wonder if this series is going to be Chieri's story like last season was sort of Nagisa's. First of the election results was such a pleasant surprise too.

Wait....a girl dressed as a catgirl? Im interested. Well, its AKB0048 anyway. Of course Im interested!

Ah, apparently this is the first ending song for DokiDoki Precure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStrTMIgxgE

Not fond of it compared to the amazing endings that came before. Oh well.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 10-13
What. The. Fuck

So when Hazuki has a child, presumably through either having either a normal relationship with a man or some kid of immaculate inception, she gives birth to her own lover?! How does that even work?! Then what was the point of that stupid Hatsumi/Strange man subplot in Hazuki's world in the first place?!

Hahaha. What the fuck indeed. You will never know the answer to that question either!

So, wait, not only do you completely dominate AnimeGAF, but you also regularly post on another forum as well? Have you trained yourself to post in your sleep or something?

I'm not sure. What does sleep mean? Is that when you dream about aliens?

Come on, guys, you like sasami? I love Shaft but this must be their worst work I have watched so far.Excluding art and animation of course, it's not funny, it's not crazy in an awesome shaft way but in a retarded way and the girls are annoying.
It always takes me a couple of episodes to really like a shaft anime but no other has had as bad first two episodes.

I like Sasami and the idea behind it. Its not my favorite Shaft show by any means.

Any good sport animes that are not written by Adachi and are not Slam Dunk, Judo Girl, Hajime no Ippo?

Taisho Baseball Girls!

Chihayafuru
Yakitate Japan
Girls und Panzer

Yakitate Japan is...baking competitions. I dunno if it could be considered a sport?

Is it just me or is this season crap.

Its just you definitely.
Plenty of fun stuff this season, including a couple of surprises.

I actually did watch some of it but I didn't get it. After the truck pushing part I just started to skip episodes and I don't even remember if I finished the show.

BTW, GAF what's your go to feel good anime? I'm kinda bored watching Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku and Azumanga Daiho over and over again. I guess K-on has found place in my heart too.

Hidamari Sketch, Galaxy Angel, good Aria, Acchi Kocchi.

CiSTM

Banned
Yakitate Japan is...baking competitions. I dunno if it could be considered a sport?

Hidamari Sketch, Galaxy Angel, good Aria, Acchi Kocchi.
Second person voicing in Hidamari Sketch, I'll watch it. Yakitate was hillarious, I stopped watching at some point for some reason (they were trapped inside some cave with some clown). Hmmmm, it's been long time, maybe I'll start watching it again from the beginning.

It's a mecha anime, but it's very funny and parodies a lot of the typical tropes of the genre and melodramatic stuff. It's far more interested in telling stories with the characters and making jokes than with typical mecha action.
I'll add it to my list.

Clannad After Story (17-end)

Much better than Clannad, however I really hated how the resolution and such was handled.
Made it feel as if all my tears and watery eyes were wasted. I was much rather intrigued to see how Tomoya would handle losing both Nagisa and then Ushio. Going back on it with the time reset made it feel as if we saw him go through all that struggle and development only for it to be abandoned because they wanted some sort of Nagisa focused ending. That had some of the most memorable scenes in the series, talking to the grandma, the summer trip moments, talking and resolving things with his dad finally, the school stuff, stuff with nagisa's parents, etc. Five years of stuff gone. At least he keeps the memories but it was all so heartwarming and emotional that I wish they kept on that same path through the ending. Oh well at least they live happily ever after, but it could have sill been achieved I think seeing how Tomoya and the people with Nagisa coped and moved on after these back to back losses

Probably that rare exceptional case where I am against what type of vision I have for stories to be like. 8 / 10, glad I purchased and watched may revisit the anime again sometime. Solid arcs and focus and good emotions and such.

Steroyd

AKB0048 Next Stage - 03

When you do things like this and this it's no surprise that you'd get recognized for your effort.

Sket Dance - 64

I DID IT!!!!

I finally finished the school trip arc, while the show overall is an alright adaptation, I was sorely disappointed in the adaptation of one of the funniest parts in the arc, or should I say one of the funniest parts they didn't adapt. Now that I've recovered I can move on and not look back.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 63

Show continues to be awesome in every aspect, can't wait for the Chimera Ant arc (if they adapt it).

CiSTM

Banned
AKB0048 Next Stage - 03

When you do things like this and this it's no surprise that you'd get recognized for your effort.

Sket Dance - 64

I DID IT!!!!

I finally finished the school trip arc, while the show overall is an alright adaptation, I was sorely disappointed in the adaptation of one of the funniest parts in the arc, or should I say one of the funniest parts they didn't adapt. Now that I've recovered I can move on and not look back.
Sket Dance has story arcs? I thought it only had stand alone episodes, I might end up giving the show another shot.

cajunator

Banned
Second person voicing in Hidamari Sketch, I'll watch it. Yakitate was hillarious, I stopped watching at some point for some reason (they were trapped inside some cave with some clown). Hmmmm, it's been long time, maybe I'll start watching it again from the beginning.

I'll add it to my list.

Yes, adding Nadesico to your watch list is probably one of the best decisions you can make.

Clannad After Story (17-end)

Much better than Clannad, however I really hated how the resolution and such was handled.
Made it feel as if all my tears and watery eyes were wasted. I was much rather intrigued to see how Tomoya would handle losing both Nagisa and then Ushio. Going back on it with the time reset made it feel as if we saw him go through all that struggle and development only for it to be abandoned because they wanted some sort of Nagisa focused ending. That had some of the most memorable scenes in the series, talking to the grandma, the summer trip moments, talking and resolving things with his dad finally, the school stuff, stuff with nagisa's parents, etc. Five years of stuff gone. At least he keeps the memories but it was all so heartwarming and emotional that I wish they kept on that same path through the ending. Oh well at least they live happily ever after, but it could have sill been achieved I think seeing how Tomoya and the people with Nagisa coped and moved on after these back to back losses

Probably that rare exceptional case where I am against what type of vision I have for stories to be like. 8 / 10, glad I purchased and watched may revisit the anime again sometime. Solid arcs and focus and good emotions and such.

Yep. Ending of After Story is shit. Series was so damn perfect until that ending.

Steroyd

Hunter X Hunter - 63

Show continues to be awesome in every aspect, can't wait for the Chimera Ant arc (if they adapt it).

They will adapt it THEY WILL!!

They better had!!

Sket Dance has story arcs? I thought it only had stand alone episodes, I might end up giving the show another shot.

It's a bit like Gintama where the majority of the show is episodic, but they have story arcs thrown in now and again, except not nearly as long as Gintama arcs have been.

CiSTM

Banned
Yes, adding Nadesico to your watch list is probably one of the best decisions you can make.
I'll even pump it a bit in my priority list. I read few short reviews on it and it does sound good.

Gintama[/B] where the majority of the show is episodic, but they have story arcs thrown in now and again, except not nearly as long as Gintama arcs have been.
Ah, then I'll just skip it. :b

Kurita

Sket Dance - 64

I DID IT!!!!

You're talking about the
bath and all that stuff
? :p
I've been wondering how they managed to adapt (well, not adapt) it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
By the way, why do you have to brand a dude a "fairy fucker" so scornfully just because he's into them? You should know better.

The "exclusively interested in fairies" thing is far past the point of merely being "into them"!

don't remind me that this "thing" exist !

oh, you'll all be reminded as soon as it gets bomba price on amazon.co.jp and I can import/review it.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 10-13
What. The. Fuck

So when Hazuki has a child, presumably through either having either a normal relationship with a man or some kid of immaculate inception, she gives birth to her own lover?! How does that even work?! Then what was the point of that stupid Hatsumi/Strange man subplot in Hazuki's world in the first place?!

I never, ever, ever, ever get tired of reading new reactions to this. itadakimasu

I love the trio. They're so hilariously flamboyant.

oh, sure, they're great villains. They're just really fucking evil on a personal level that other villains weren't!

Good episode. Loved the opening song, though not much of a fan of the ending

ssg1-18eu4k.gif

Maedhros

Gym Battles are still the best part of the Pokemon anime, lots of great animation there!

Too bad the pokemon choices are still fucking stupid. Ash is the worst trainer EVER!

Steroyd

You're talking about the
bath and all that stuff
? :p
I've been wondering how they managed to adapt (well, not adapt) it.

Yes that, when the moment of that part was to come, Roman just fourth wall fast forwarded it, while talking about censorship.

It broke my heart.

Sket Dance - 64

I DID IT!!!!

There's good speculation that the Sket Dance OAV coming out next month is going to adapt that episode based off their wording.

The 29th volume of Kenta Shinohara's Sket Dance manga will bundle an anime DVD when it ships next February. The DVD will contain new anime that adapts "that particular" story episode from the manga that was not animated for the earlier television series. The official website for the anime will provide more information on the anime in production.

It honestly isn't a good ending guys. I'll admit the art style and what's its trying to represent with its "rise and fall" theme is decent. Song completely ruined it though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It honestly isn't a good ending guys. I'll admit the art style and what's its trying to represent with its "rise and fall" theme is decent. Song completely ruined it though.
Yeah, but, you like nanoripe. That's just wrong.
Perhaps with the same reasoning that the cast of Lucky Star are in High school?
Granted it's a slightly different art style but well, anything goes really.
Slightly.

Rideback 1-12 (END)

Surprisingly enjoyable, especially given that it was effectively mecha. After what feels like years (i.e. 9 months), I finally watch something that held my attention so consistently I didn't fast forward once. My only real disappointment was that the signs of mania which the MC exhibited didn't develop into full blown psychosis or anything like that, which would've made things even more entertaining
to me.

Anyway, interest in anime somewhat revitalised.

Ixion Saga DT 15

Darn I miss the old ED, this one just not as good, lacking scenes of my favorite characters, like Variation. Funny episodes though didnt catch most of the reference, never played Ico (it has no resets or something), or Spelunker, or Dig Dug, but have played one Zelda last year (oot3d). I feel as if the location names were references too.

Cant wait for next episode, tons of variation screentime I hope

What's wrong with Nanoripe? (Honest question because that was my first time listening to a song from them)

I thought the song went well with the openings presentation and its quirky dance routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom