• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Ixion Saga 9 - 12

Great stuff, possibly the best set of episodes this show has had, really funny shit.
Does this end at episode 13 or will it go on?

Dresden

I like how you can make a fine case for DtB 2 by posting selective gifs.

gvY7a.gif

Man that show
for a few seconds every few episodes
was good.

Too bad your opinion of good or bad is just an opinion and nothing more.

I'm always right. My middle name is Objective.

Narag

How could you not like the bara bara car Man what's not to like?

It's because Buggy is so bad he actually retroactively ruined an episode of Sailor Moon SuperS for me that aired years before One Piece by virtue of the same VA being present.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

- Watch more current anime
- Appreciate more dubs
- Attempt more Precure shows
- Insist on a 1 for 1 magical girl deal
- Search for Truth and become less sinful
- Don't ragequit

Ixion Saga 9 - 12

Great stuff, possibly the best set of episodes this show has had, really funny shit.
Does this end at episode 13 or will it go on?

THe show is funny but the main character kept grating on me. I didn't make it past episode 6. I hope to come back to it some day :(

duckroll

I like how you can make a fine case for DtB 2 by posting selective gifs.

gvY7a.gif

Man that show
for a few seconds every few episodes
was good.

That statement on its own isn't even really true.
Or you wouldn't pick a gif from the final episode!

Uchip

Banned
It's because Buggy is so bad he actually retroactively ruined an episode of Sailor Moon SuperS for me that aired years before One Piece by virtue of the same VA being present.

but... its like a perfect pun
his name is buggy, and he became a buggy @@

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, you could put on a blue/green haired, twin tailed wig and just claim you're cosplaying as Miku, haha.

>>; Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Besides I'm not a fan of cosplay where I don't look like the character I'm cosplaying. Just feels wrong. >>;

Uchip

Banned
That's what I'm doing next. I'm already aware that it's different, so I'm ready to judge it on its own merits.

I just feel that its necessary to let you know that it will most likely sour your views of Escaflowne
its similar to pocket full of rainbows in that regard

duckroll

I just feel that its necessary to let you know that it will most likely sour your views of Escaflowne
its similar to pocket full of rainbows in that regard

That's not true at all. I flew halfway around the world to watch the movie, and while it wasn't as good as the TV series, I'm still a huge fan of the franchise. The E7 franchise on the hand, is filled with hot garbage in every way after the TV series ended.

wonzo

Banned
Well then, my plan for the Backlog season of Winter is to check out some shows that've been on my to watch list since pretty much when I began a watch list so my plan is to watch atleast one episode of Windy Tales, Hataraki Man and Mouryou no Hako a week each for the next 3 months. Well... that and to finish of all the junk that's been sitting there unfinished. Anyway, without further ado:

Windy Tales 1

I really liked this episode. It has a very whimsical feel to it thanks to the really nice rough animation style and the gorgeous backgrounds. The writing also helps in making this a fairly charming laid-back experience. I'm definitely looking forward to what happens next.

cajunator

Banned
Well then, my plan for the Backlog season of Winter is to check out some shows that've been on my to watch list since pretty much when I began a watch list so my plan is to watch atleast one episode of Windy Tales, Hataraki Man and Mouryou no Hako a week each for the next 3 months. Well... that and to finish of all the junk that's been sitting there unfinished. Anyway, without further ado:

Windy Tales 1

I really liked this episode. It has a very whimsical feel to it thanks to the really nice rough animation style and the gorgeous backgrounds. The writing also helps in making this a fairly charming laid-back experience. I'm definitely looking forward to what happens next.

I was considering watching this purely based on art style. Same thing with Tekkon Kinkreet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have the right kind of bodyframe to pull off a girls Kimono look...except I have no boobs.
It would look rather strange.

There's a lot of clothing technology to get around that issue. I quote the advert, "Hello Boys".

or you could just resort of padding.

Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Mouryou no Hako - Wednesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

Starting Monday next week (January 7th)

I'll be posting this again in the coming days in case anyone who was interested missed it.

I've already seen Wandering Son, but I might join in for some of the others, depending on what my schedule permits.

My backlog watching for this season is currently looking like this:

Steins;gate
Baccano
Nana
TTGL
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

Seems like a good variety of anime to me.

Have fun. Baccano, Nana, and Madoka are all absolutely fantastic shows. Nana in particular is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I have the right kind of bodyframe to pull off a girls Kimono look...except I have no boobs.
It would look rather strange.

My wife is an expert in costuming, make-up, and even cross-dressing techniques. Come over, and we will transform you into the perfect girl.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 27

How does Belldandy have so much time to summon the spirit of wind to save Keiichi from falling? It takes, lik, have a second to fall to the ground when you begin your descent. Maybe he was exaggerating his fall to fall into Belldandy to try and cop a feel or something.

Also, lol at the temple owner at the beginning. I had completely forgotten about him.

Kurita

Not an anime but Tokyo Encounter is an amazing show. The dude who voices Gintoki is really like him in real life, that's hilarious.

cajunator

Banned
Ah! My Goddess 27

How does Belldandy have so much time to summon the spirit of wind to save Keiichi from falling? It takes, lik, have a second to fall to the ground when you begin your descent. Maybe he was exaggerating his fall to fall into Belldandy to try and cop a feel or something.

Also, lol at the temple owner at the beginning. I had completely forgotten about him.

Well, she is a goddess of course. She could slow his descent probably. but yeah he likely just wants to cop a feel. I totally would.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah! My Goddess 27

Dude was totally trying to cop a feel, wouldn't you? It's like that move Kramer stole from George's dad. Your making me want to watch it again, maybe I should I do have a lot of free time at the moment.

BluWacky

It's been a very, very long time since I watched Windy Tales, but from what I remember, if you're enjoying it for how laid-back it is I think you'll probably enjoy the rest of the show. I don't know quite what I expected, but for whatever reason it wasn't what I got out of the show.

I should probably join you all in the backlog watch as I never did finish it (same, actually, with Hataraki Man and Mouryou no Hako!).

Noirulus

I think i'm finally going to watch Macross 7.

Actually, I hardly remember what happened in SDF Macross so I may have to re-watch that first.

Uchip

Banned
That's not true at all. I flew halfway around the world to watch the movie, and while it wasn't as good as the TV series, I'm still a huge fan of the franchise. The E7 franchise on the hand, is filled with hot garbage in every way after the TV series ended.

its worth watching for the dancing cat ladies at least

OceanBlue

Windy Tales 1

As long as it stays a whimsical, laid-back experience, I feel like I'll love it. I'll definitely try to watch it with you all.

Syrinx

Well, she is a goddess of course. She could slow his descent probably. but yeah he likely just wants to cop a feel. I totally would.

Why didn't she just do that then? And she was able to get a whole prayer in before Kei hit the ground. Yep, dude was totally faking it.

Dude was totally trying to cop a feel, wouldn't you? It's like that move Kramer stole from George's dad. Your making me want to watch it again, maybe I should I do have a lot of free time at the moment.

Seinfeld or Ah! My Goddess? Can't really go wrong with either I suppose, though Seinfeld's pretty much on 24/7 on one channel or another.

Regarding the bolded, no comm...yes.

Cwarrior

Haha I can only imagine you watching fist of the north then, since the voice of buggy is the narrator, so buggy all the time :p.

Shigeru Chiba the voice of buggy is a really good voice actor imo his voiced some great & well known characters like Mothafucken Kuwabara (yu yu hakusho),Don Kanonji(bleach), Yotsuya(Maison Ikkoku) (3 of the best characters in there respective shows) dude been in anime since the 70s, his also the new voice of kefka(final fantasy).

Am guessing your issue with him probably has nothing to do with his voice but it reminding you of buggy?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why didn't she just do that then? And she was able to get a whole prayer in before Kei hit the ground. Yep, dude was totally faking it.

Seinfeld or Ah! My Goddess? Can't really go wrong with either I suppose, though Seinfeld's pretty much on 24/7 on one channel or another.

Regarding the bolded, no comm...yes.

Of course the bolded. Good job admitting you would, nothing wrong with that. Maybe a little bit....

Should I check out Campione? I dropped after the first episode because I didn't enjoy the first episode.

it's a bad ( read barely ok ) anime adaptation of a good LN.

A good ( but cluncky because they cut too much ) start and afterward they just crammed too much into the episodes .in the anime everything feel rushed and generic since they don't allow the character enough time to devellop themselves and then they finished with a filler arc ..

my verdict is that campione is barely "ok" and a real disgrace to the lns..

Jarmel

Banned
Let's do this...

The Vision of Escaflowne - End

Huh. When I started watching anime, this was one of the first recommended to me along with Raphxenon and Cowboy Bebop. Of all the early classics/masterpieces I watched, I hated the hell out of this one. I disliked the narrative and the characters in particular and found nothing of note about it as a whole. I should rewatch it one of these days to see if my earlier impressions are in line.

Syrinx

Of course the bolded. Good job admitting you would, nothing wrong with that. Maybe a little bit....

Eh, he's been with the woman for almost a year now while making very little progress (though I suppose that's his fault for being as slow as a snail), so I can't totally blame him for going in and making a move in one fell swoop.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That probably just means you are slightly autistic, which I am.
Its not a big problem if you can control it.

I think it's less "autistic" and more just I have completely different priorities. I tend to think in a way most people would consider backwards. Like, things that bother other people don't bother me in the slightest, but things that bother me to no end no one else could give a rat's ass about. Like, I'll get irritated to no end over a fucking spelling error in an e-mail. Not because the word was misspelled, it's because I know for a fact that the e-mail program we use does that little squiggly line under misspelled words and they were too damn lazy to fix it.

But by the same token I'm pretty damn good at doing math in my head because my brain instantly breaks the problem into smaller chunks and does four separate calculations really quickly to get to the solution.

Yeah, I'm not helping myself here...

Narag

Haha I can only imagine you watching fist of the north then, since the voice of buggy is the narrator, so buggy all the time :p.

nononononoo

Shigeru Chiba the voice of buggy is a really good voice actor imo his voiced some great well & known characters like Mothafucken Kuwabara (yu yu hakusho),Don Kanonji(bleach), Yotsuya(Maison Ikkoku) (3 of the best characters in there respective shows) dude been in anime since the 70s.

I think it's the voice he uses in One Piece that grates on me as it was the same as in that SM ep. I swear to god if he ruined YYH when I haven't finished it yet, I'mma cut a buggy. I saw he was Raditz too but for some reason I don't recall him hamming it up as much in the other roles.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, he's been with the woman for almost a year now while making very little progress (though I suppose that's his fault for being as slow as a snail), so I can't totally blame him for going in and making a move in one fell swoop.

If they ever get to adapting the current manga arc that gets explained in a pretty interesting way.

cajunator

Banned
Huh. When I started watching anime, this was one of the first recommended to me along with Raphxenon and Cowboy Bebop. Of all the early classics/masterpieces I watched, I hated the hell out of this one. I disliked the narrative and the characters in particular and found nothing of note about it as a whole. I should rewatch it one of these days to see if my earlier impressions are in line.

Yea it could be that your tastes have changed since then, but it is more likely that the show just doesn't appeal to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom