• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea it could be that your tastes have changed since then, but it is more likely that the show just doesn't appeal to you.

That's probably the case, as many of those shows I can go back and still enjoy very much so my tastes haven't changed that much. Not everybody likes the same things, I suppose.

Go_Ly_Dow

Rich Man, Poor Woman - Episode 8

Oh my gawd! This show is a joy to watch, some of the best entertainment I have experienced in a long time!

A moment that would bring even the great DTL to his knees!

cg8DD.jpg
F0a59.jpg

Everything from this point onwards was just crazy. The drama was so damn delicious!

It's not the end of the world when you have a Waifu by your side!

The soundtrack once gave made each scene very powerful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLncMKhcD795UEnsruNRR_p2RUVG4YRlst&v=YUFQgstkW8g&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s

3 episodes remaining + a special this Spring, bring it on!

I hope you're happy, Jexhius. I had been planning on waiting for some miraculous price drop on one of the various Nadia dvd sets on amazon, but I decided to just buy it today. Why? Why do I do this to myself?

The spiral of self-loathing continues.

On a semi-related note, it's time to work on my first substantial animeish post for the first time in months.

cajunator

Banned
I hope you're happy, Jexhius. I had been planning on waiting for some miraculous price drop on one of the various Nadia dvd sets on amazon, but I decided to just buy it today. Why? Why do I do this to myself?

On a semi-related note, it's time to work on my first substantial animeish post for the first time in months.

Are there any copies left? I really want it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You truly have the perfect life

I dunno. I mean it's true that I do sit around drawing naked girls and drinking alcohol while my wife makes dinner, but it would be nice get outdoors a little more often. I live in downtown LA of all places.

Huh. When I started watching anime, this was one of the first recommended to me along with Raphxenon and Cowboy Bebop. Of all the early classics/masterpieces I watched, I hated the hell out of this one. I disliked the narrative and the characters in particular and found nothing of note about it as a whole. I should rewatch it one of these days to see if my earlier impressions are in line.

I think one of the most satisfying things in life is overcoming your previous positions, of course, where and when it's beneficial. I've managed to practice self improvement by vowing not to necessarily be beholden to any previous opinions, predispositions or ideologies. Because of this, I reserve the right to change my opinion as I receive new information or character evolution. I've transcended myself and have become an amorphous blob.

cajunator

Banned
I dunno. I mean it's true that I do sit around drawing naked girls and drinking alcohol while my wife makes dinner, but it would be nice get outdoors a little more often. I live in downtown LA of all places.

I think one of the most satisfying things in life is overcoming your previous positions, of course, where and when it's beneficial. I've managed to practice self improvement by vowing not to necessarily be beholden to any previous opinions, predispositions or ideologies. Because of this, I reserve the right to change my opinion as I receive new information or character evolution. I've transcended myself and have become an amorphous blob.

Are you now an amoephous blob?

jbug617

Banned
Kokoro Connect 14-17

This arc really puts this show in my Top 3 of 2012. Everything was great and when I thought they went too far with
Iori's problems
they pull back just a little so they wouldn't go overboard with it.

I know Sentai has the rights for it and have no faith that this will see a bluray release but this is an instant buy for me.

Best couple of 2012:
Inaba X Taichi

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

I like drawing girls, but they're not naked, and I don't have a wife that makes me dinner. If I draw them naked, will I get a wife who makes me dinner?

No I am not serious.

Are there any copies left? I really want it.
Yeah, I grabbed the two complete editions thing on amazon for $50. There should be one left that's new, still. If not that, righstuf had complete 2 for $15 new and complete part 1 was like $25 new on half.com.

I'm sure there's more options, but I just went with the amazon one because it was easier than messing with buying from two separate places and hoping it comes in before I leave for school again. Also, it didn't have tax on the amazon one, so that was nice.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I grabbed the two complete editions thing on amazon for $50. There should be one left that's new, still. If not that, righstuf had complete 2 for $15 new and complete part 1 was like $25 new on half.com.

I'm sure there's more options, but I just went with the amazon one because it was easier than messing with buying from two separate places and hoping it comes in before I leave for school again.

Appreciated much.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think it's the voice he uses in One Piece that grates on me as it was the same as in that SM ep. I swear to god if he ruined YYH when I haven't finished it yet, I'mma cut a buggy. I saw he was Raditz too but for some reason I don't recall him hamming it up as much in the other roles.

If you haven't seen Soredemo yet you're going to absolutely hate the episode with the policeman. He's beast mode Buggy.

Rich Man, Poor Woman - Episode 8

Oh my gawd! This show is a joy to watch, some of the best entertainment I have experienced in a long time!

A moment that would bring even the great DTL to his knees!

Everything from this point onwards was just crazy. The drama was so damn delicious!

It's not the end of the world when you have a Waifu by your side!

The soundtrack once gave made each scene very powerful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLncMKhcD795UEnsruNRR_p2RUVG4YRlst&v=YUFQgstkW8g&feature=player_detailpage#t=27s

3 episodes remaining + a special this Spring, bring it on!

Yuk! 3D!

Kokoro Connect 14-17

This arc really puts this show in my Top 3 of 2012. Everything was great and when I thought they went too far with
Iori's problems
they pull back just a little so they wouldn't go overboard with it.

I know Sentai has the rights for it and have no faith that this will see a bluray release but this is an instant buy for me.

Best couple of 2012:
Inaba X Taichi

I'm so happy they ended up together but I have to say
Inaba
was sexier as an
ice queen

Uchip

Banned
You're clinically insane.

One random episode of Bebop is better written, directed, animated, and voice-acted than probably everything I saw last year except Wolf Children.

its really a shame because if anyone actually takes him seriously (despite the avatar being a big giveaway) people will miss out on such a great show

Appreciated much.
The only thing I'm not entirely sure of is the consistency between the sets of the complete part 2 stuff when it comes to the movie. Some of the part 2 information I saw listed on some sites made mention of the film being included, but I'm not entirely sure if the one I purchased came with it or not. I assume it did, but I am only assuming. Additionally, the complete sets should come with soundtrack cds, I think, but I'm not entirely sure either.

That's one of the reasons I had been holding out- hoping someone would do a re-release like everything else has been getting recently and I wouldn't have to mess with this headache.

You're clinically insane.

One random episode of Bebop is better written, directed, animated, and voice-acted than probably everything I saw last year except Wolf Children.

I just don't see what others see in Bebop, perhaps its nostalgia factor and one had to be there with it or something or maybe my tastes are not aligned with the target market...but Cowboy Bebop was a type of story most comparable to one of the most odd and janky experiences of 2012; that is to say, Cowboy Bebop was most comparable to Sengoku Collection (possibly worst anime of the year).

trejo

So judging by some of these posts I think it'd be more advantageous for me to hold off on Nekomonogatari until I'm able to watch it all in one go.

Syrinx

I'm about to watch Yuri Yuri. Is it mainly just focusing on the characters all the way through?

Yeah. There are times, though, when they focus too much on a certain pair of fairly insignificant and uninteresting characters. Biggest complaint with otherwise a very enjoyable show.

jbug617

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 6-12

This show is fantastic. Miya and Yuno really stood out and changed my perception of them from the start. Yoshinoya continues to be great and my only complaints are lack of development of Sae till the end and not enough focus on Hiro.

Rankings

Miya
Yoshinoya
Yuno
Hiro
Sae

Uchip

Banned
I just don't see what others see in Bebop, perhaps its nostalgia factor and one had to be there with it or something or maybe my tastes are not aligned with the target market...but Cowboy Bebop was a type of story most comparable to one of the most odd and janky experiences of 2012; that is to say, Cowboy Bebop was most comparable to Sengoku Collection (possibly worst anime of the year).

the target market? as in, people who appreciate a well produced tv show?
its a genuinely good show that appeals to most people because its well written, has a great soundtrack and doesn't fall into the pits of anime obscurity.

Instro

Code:Breaker END

Great end to a great show. Really exciting, awesome animation and action, and some nice character drama to bring it home. I have to say that this ended up being the surprise of the year for me. I had expectations for the other shows that I thought were top quality this year, but Code:Breaker really caught me by surprise. It started well, and continued to impress me throughout its run. I wasn't sure how the cheesy storylines would work out in the long run, but the staff did a great job working with the material and presenting it in such a way that it never became a turn off for the viewer. It seemed like they had a good grasp of how to pace everything to make sure the tone was consistent between the serious and comedy moments, giving the entire show a decidedly old school action feel, and never letting it dwell too much on one particular piece of drama. The great music, cool characters, and awesome visuals really helped as well. I think a lesser group of people could have completely mishandled it.

Definitely the best action show of the year along with Fate/Zero and Jojo.

I'm about to watch Yuri Yuri. Is it mainly just focusing on the characters all the way through?

the jokes are "in characters"

So yes for yuru yuri , the characters make the show.

i really don't understand why you don't like beebop opening

Narag

They were like $34 total earlier in the year on rightsuf. Worth checking their discount stuff from time to time!

Kikarian

They lose focus on the main character by the second episode.

Yeah. There are times, though, when they focus too much on a certain pair of fairly insignificant and uninteresting characters. Biggest complaint with otherwise a very enjoyable show.
Alright, I'm going to watch it. I was just hoping it wouldn't be focusing on the same few characters all the time.

I'll just have to enjoy the other parts of the anime.

Go_Ly_Dow

Also Yu-neko, everyone changes and goes through the natural progression stages with regards to girls:

2D > CG > Body Pillow > 3D > 2D (post break-up)

Syrinx

Alright, I'm going to watch it. I was just hoping it wouldn't be focusing on the same few characters all the time.

I'll just have to enjoy the other parts of the anime.

Oh yeah, there are definitely enough characters to support the show fine.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think the next animes on my list are Code Breaker, Yuru Yuri, Cowboy Bebop, or the rest of Kokoro Connect.

survivor

Banned

I would have never expected to see a day where Sengoku Collection and Bebop are being compared to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom