• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because Buggy is so bad he actually retroactively ruined an episode of Sailor Moon SuperS for me that aired years before One Piece by virtue of the same VA being present.

Fortunately for you, Buggy very rarely shows up until MUCH later. Before that specific point, he shows up maybe once every 100 episodes if that.

Odd, since he's Oda's favorite character.

Also Yu-neko, everyone changes and goes through the natural progression stages with regards to girls:

2D > CG > Body Pillow > 3D > 2D (post break-up)

All I see is:

2D > ... > 2D

EDIT: I have to say that I much do prefer the sex-bomb older sister / mother type of 2D. Hopefully that makes me more respectable
;_;

Nafe

I had a good K-ON! one, but I used that in the K-ON! thread.

And I like busty girls in kimonos, for the same reasons you listed. The Senran Kagura anime is almost here, I can hardly wait!

Alright, I'll have to look for that one sometime later.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what the story for the show even is. I just like some different beat 'em up games and it looked like it might actually be pretty good despite it's aesthetics. I looked up one of the Ikki Tousen games which also seemed to feature busty girls whose clothes would get torn but the gameplay looked fairly average to poor from what I could see in different videos.

>>; Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Besides I'm not a fan of cosplay where I don't look like the character I'm cosplaying. Just feels wrong. >>;

Yeah, that's fair. I don't cosplay but if I did I would naturally want to look like the character I was trying to portray as much as possible. Unless I was doing some kind of spoof or something naturally.

There's actually some interesting fan art featuring Miku, such as this picture I screen capped off of a YouTube video. I don't know what the source is yet.

njOAY.jpg

I have the right kind of bodyframe to pull off a girls Kimono look...except I have no boobs.
It would look rather strange.

You could just wear a bra with some kind of padding to it to get a bust line. If it's under your clothes no one will know. ;)

Well then, my plan for the Backlog season of Winter is to check out some shows that've been on my to watch list since pretty much when I began a watch list so my plan is to watch atleast one episode of Windy Tales, Hataraki Man and Mouryou no Hako a week each for the next 3 months. Well... that and to finish of all the junk that's been sitting there unfinished. Anyway, without further ado:

Windy Tales 1

I really liked this episode. It has a very whimsical feel to it thanks to the really nice rough animation style and the gorgeous backgrounds. The writing also helps in making this a fairly charming laid-back experience. I'm definitely looking forward to what happens next.

I just love Windy Tales art style of what I've seen. Definitely want to give it a watch some time. It'll be interesting to read your thoughts on Mouryou no Hako. Personally I quite liked it actually.

wonzo

Banned
Oh I bought that during that rightstuf winter sale.

:(
He's Buggy but with a heart of gold. Dude's just misunderstood as deep down he truly cares. ;~;

I was considering watching this purely based on art style. Same thing with Tekkon Kinkreet.
I didn't really like TekkonKinkreet all that much but the art in that movie was definitely a head above most others.

It's been a very, very long time since I watched Windy Tales, but from what I remember, if you're enjoying it for how laid-back it is I think you'll probably enjoy the rest of the show. I don't know quite what I expected, but for whatever reason it wasn't what I got out of the show.
Sounds like I'm in for a real treat then!

I should probably join you all in the backlog watch as I never did finish it (same, actually, with Hataraki Man and Mouryou no Hako!).
As long as it stays a whimsical, laid-back experience, I feel like I'll love it. I'll definitely try to watch it with you all.
The more the merrier~

Not an anime but Tokyo Encounter is an amazing show. The dude who voices Gintoki is really like him in real life, that's hilarious.
That's because Sugita fucking owns!!!!

I just love Windy Tales art style of what I've seen. Definitely want to give it a watch some time. It'll be interesting to read your thoughts on Mouryou no Hako. Personally I quite liked it actually.
I'm definitely looking forward to Mouryou no Hako given the impressions I've read about it.

He's comparing Bebop to Sengoku Collection.

To be fair, Sengoku Collection has some truly fantastic episodes.

My tastes are definitely in the minority here but while I would say that I enjoyed SC more, CB is categoricaly better in just about every aspect except for jokes (though CB does bring the humor). That's not saying SC isn't amazing. But seriously, I'm not even ready to say that CB in all aspects is better than anything released in 2012.

I mean, SAO for example...
MINI-troll-face.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
My tastes are definitely in the minority here but while I would say that I enjoyed SC more, CB is categoricaly better in just about every aspect except for jokes (though CB does bring the humor). That's not saying SC isn't amazing. But seriously, I'm not even ready to say that CB in all aspects is better than anything released in 2012.

MINI-troll-face.png

That's it for me tonight, folks.

See y'all.

I really don't understand why you don't like the bebop opening

There's just nothing special about the opening at all. An opening should get you in the mood of the anime through both the words, the emotions through the song, as well as the scenes selected. Nothing that they did for the Bebop Opening did this, or at least cared to even spend time trying to make someone interested in watching the episode.

Consider the three best anime openings
Accel World - Burst Through Gravity
Guilty Crown - Everlasting Guilty Crown
Naruto Shippuden - Hero's Come Back

And compare any of them to Cowboy Bebop's - Tank and its very clear how it pales in comparison to even one of the weaker of the best OP's (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - Blaze). Like what is the OP even doing there for Bebop, its misleading making one think Spike is some epic character with epic gun skills, that there are tons of good space fights and what not and etc. What we got was far from that. And they could have honestly chose a better song.

Jintor

MINI-troll-face.png

1352860456269.jpg

you're a cruel neko-thing

Kurita

Honestly, I found that the most annoying part of the show. The laughs just feel so forced and lifeless.
Meh, I think they're genuine since I always laugh at the same time (yeah, I know that's a dumb argument :p).

The episode where they play the Yu Yu Hakusho game... I was in tears when they all took the same character while imitating him.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
There's just nothing special about the opening at all. An opening should get you in the mood of the anime through both the words, the emotions through the song, as well as the scenes selected. Nothing that they did for the Bebop Opening did this, or at least cared to even spend time trying to make someone interested in watching the episode.

And compare any of them to Cowboy Bebop's - Tank and its very clear how it pales in comparison to even one of the weaker of the best OP's (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - Blaze). Like what is the OP even doing there for Bebop, its misleading making one think Spike is some epic character with epic gun skills, that there are tons of good space fights and what not and etc. What we got was far from that. And they could have honestly chose a better song.

Are you talking about just the animation, just the song, or a combo of both.

Jintor

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, like I've slipped into some alternate dimension where left is right, up is down, America is a caliphate and water drains the human spirit of all will to live

Alright, I'll have to look for that one sometime later.

I'm actually kind of curious as to what the story for the show even is. I just like some different beat 'em up games and it looked like it might actually be pretty good despite it's aesthetics. I looked up one of the Ikki Tousen games which also seemed to feature busty girls whose clothes would get torn but the gameplay looked fairly average to poor from what I could see in different videos.

It's like on one of the latest pages, it's not hard to miss!

I think it's about like rival schools or something? I don't really know, I've been purposely keeping myself in the dark so I don't spoil myself when the game comes out here in the west. Of course, I guess that doesn't really matter now that an anime adaptation is airing soon...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch 6-12

This show is fantastic. Miya and Yuno really stood out and changed my perception of them from the start. Yoshinoya continues to be great and my only complaints are lack of development of Sae till the end and not enough focus on Hiro.

Rankings

Miya
Yoshinoya
Yuno
Hiro
Sae

Glad to see you're enjoying it!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I like drawing girls, but they're not naked, and I don't have a wife that makes me dinner. If I draw them naked, will I get a wife who makes me dinner?

No I am not serious.

Yes. I am not just saying that so I can see you draw more lewd females. But I do know that women like bold and brash displays of confidence. My suggestion is to masturbate in public.

You're soooo cute!
*glomps you

You're lovely - but your use of the word glomp is telling of your age darling. Aren't you just an innocent little girl? Come now... you are of age, aren't you? It is time you learned how to properly use a
mascara and blush set.

He's a married man cheeky!

The limitless depth of brotherly love knows no bounds... and recognizes no such legal contracts!

Narag

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here, like I've slipped into some alternate dimension where left is right, up is down, America is a caliphate and water drains the human spirit of all will to live

Can't wait for the anime adaptation.

Uchip

Banned

you just dont understand style

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I thought that Baccano's OP was clever and well done but I don't particularly like it. it's the same for how I feel about Durarara!!'s OP1. Idk... I recognized it for what it was. Just not my cup of tea.

I thought that Baccano's OP was clever and well done but I don't particularly like it. it's the same for how I feel about Durarara!!'s OP1. Idk... I recognized it for what it was. Just not my cup of tea.

Now there's a series I've been meaning to revisit. I enjoyed it so much. How can a herone be so cute without a head?

I think it's about like rival schools or something? I don't really know, I've been purposely keeping myself in the dark so I don't spoil myself when the game comes out here in the west. Of course, I guess that doesn't really matter now that an anime adaptation is airing soon...

I'm certainly looking forward to all the boobies :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom