• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Sorry, guess I didn't spot them on my secret cameras.

I'd keep my door closed out of respect. Not to keep others out, but to keep the noise in. I know full well what's it's like to be irritated by unwanted music.

Well, for one thing they have headphones and are quite engrossed in computer games, so they usually dont hear anything. not to mention they watch anime in the living room and I can hear whatever show it is through my wall. I have just learned to tune the noise out while sleeping though. They do the same thing. Not that I turn my TV up that loud to begin with.

Well we are a Novid approved community.

Yes. we are truly blessed to have both gracing our humble community.

That makes 2 "Series is awesome enough but I don't know" replies so I guess series it is. On the season backlog it goes!
i told you so.

Serious question - outside of First Gundam, have any of the Gundam compilation movies (or any Sunrise complication movie, for that matter) actually done a good enough job of encapsulating what is good about the respective series?

i don't think so.

Highschool of DxD 1-12+OVA

I think I can summarize this show to one word: oppai. Show was surprisingly enjoyable though. Dumb fun.

Also:

boobsn.png

best dying line of the year.
You haven't seen nearly enough oppai .. ..what you got for this season 1 was just a teaser ... get ready for season 2.
and season 3 with
Oppai dragon !

So you haven't seen nearly enough oppai

Metrotab

Banned
Highschool DxD had remarkable good cast chemistry for what's basically an ecchi harem. Too bad it still falls into the usual harem traps, which is what makes the genre for me a frustrating watch.

Syrinx

Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito 13

I've spent the last hour squeezing my head and crying in a corner in the fetal position trying to figure out what the fuck I just saw. No dice. None at all. The best explanation I can come up with was that the whole thing was a set-up to
that random yuri scene at the end that still doesn't make any fucking sense when juxtaposed against the rest of the episode.
I give up. Those who attempt to uncover the secrets of this world are fools suffering existential crises.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order a Sailor Mercury love pillow and then hold a viking funeral for it while downing an entire bottle of Jack Daniel's. Then, I'm going to go punch a rhinoceros in the face. After that, I'm going to run naked through the streets of Hamburg. Then I'm going to go to the tailgate of the BCS title game and find the oldest, most racist looking Alabama fan I can find and give him the biggest, hottest kiss he's ever received. Why am I doing these things? If Yami has taught me anything, it's that nothing can ever be rationally explained. Therefore, our existence is pointless and therefore doing anything but the ridiculous random shit that pops into your head is deluding yourself.

Maedhros

One Piece 54

Worst filler is off to a good start so far! Hadn't laughed this hard at this show in a while. I can see how this might annoy some folk from the outset given the premise changed from "To the Grand Line!" to "Well, we're in no hurry."

Lol... that's not the reason people here think it's bad... Aspis... wait for her. She is the worst fictional character IN THE ENTIRE EXISTENCE!

---

Anyway, my shitty list is up on the AOTY topic.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45995414&posted=1#post45995414

So obvious I would put Jojo up there. :)

cajunator

Banned

I've spent the last hour squeezing my head and crying in a corner in the fetal position trying to figure out what the fuck I just saw. No dice. None at all. The best explanation I can come up with was that the whole thing was a set-up to
that random yuri scene at the end that still doesn't make any fucking sense when juxtaposed against the rest of the episode.
I give up. Those who attempt to uncover the secrets of this world are fools suffering existential crises.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order a Sailor Mercury love pillow and then hold a viking funeral for it while downing an entire bottle of Jack Daniel's. Then, I'm going to go punch a rhinoceros in the face. After that, I'm going to run naked through the streets of Hamburg. Then I'm going to go to the tailgate of the BCS title game and find the oldest, most racist looking Alabama fan I can find and give him the biggest, hottest kiss he's ever received. Why am I doing these things? If Yami has taught me anything, it's that nothing can ever be rationally explained. Therefore, our existence is pointless and therefore doing anything but the ridiculous random shit that pops into your head is deluding yourself.

NOW THIS IS A QUALITY REACTION :D

Narag

Did you watch after the credits too?

Theonik

Gundam SEED Desiny movies are better version of the story than the series. Less is more when it comes to Destiny....
I know that all too well. Such a waste of time whatever I watched before I dropped Destiny was.
I am told I made it just about to where it turns awesome though so I may give it a shot. It did have some OK I can watch this moments before that too!

i told you so.
You told me to ask for a second opinion too! But yeah series it is. Better be good!

Highschool DxD had remarkable good cast chemistry for what's basically an ecchi harem. Too bad it still falls into the usual harem traps, which is what makes the genre for me a frustrating watch.

Well the author isn't done , the new cast in season 2 will enhance and prefect this chemistry even better than before .

It has an AMAZING ED too.
Made some great gifs.

The second season better not disapoint on that aspect ..

Steroyd

Space Brother - 36

Aw shit, Serika, this shit hit too close to home. :(

Good thing I watched this out of season otherwise I'd definitely be bawling like a bitch right now.

Fuck, I need some alcohol.

DiGiKerot

I know that all too well. Such a waste of time whatever I watched before I dropped Destiny was.
I am told I made it just about to where it turns awesome though so I may give it a shot. It did have some OK I can watch this moments before that too!

Eh, it's the last 30-40% of Seed Destiny that's bad - it's the opening of the series that's awesome, and it's progressively downhill (with a few minor bumps) from there.

You haven't seen nearly enough oppai .. ..what you got for this season 1 was just a teaser ... get ready for season 2.
and season 3 with
Oppai dragon !

So you haven't seen nearly enough oppai

Well I am definitely still newbie when it comes to understanding the greatness of oppai. Will definitely watch second season too (and probably third...if I remember right first season sold damn well). I have thought about starting Manyuu Hikenchou though as the idea behind the plot sounds so amazingly stupid that it could be great fun. Ultimate oppai series.

Steroyd

Well timed, I needed a pick me up.

Eh, it's the last 30-40% of Seed Destiny that's bad - it's the opening of the series that's awesome, and it's progressively downhill (with a few minor bumps) from there.

i think you've made a mistake ..the last 30% of destiny is when it gets good ... it's when kira reincarnate for the 2nd time and lacus decides that she can stop the war by herself ..
it's clearly the best part ..
Seeing shiin crying was just a bonus.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Theonik

I felt it was pretty uninteresting from the start with some bumps of it being watcheable tbh. I ended up watching it till somewhere around
Giblartar I think.

Well I am definitely still newbie when it comes to understanding the greatness of oppai. Will definitely watch second season too (and probably third...if I remember right first season sold damn well). I have thought about starting Manyuu Hikenchou though as the idea behind the plot sounds so amazingly stupid that it could be great fun. Ultimate oppai series.

Manyuu is a oppai series , but aside from some episodes it's really poor.
case in point :

but it reaches sometimes a deep hole of nothingness everytime they try to be serious :

But this anime does have the best animated oppai of the decade ..
runner-up is to-loveru darkness

Steroyd

Well I am definitely still newbie when it comes to understanding the greatness of oppai. Will definitely watch second season too (and probably third...if I remember right first season sold damn well). I have thought about starting Manyuu Hikenchou though as the idea behind the plot sounds so amazingly stupid that it could be great fun.

Ah Manyuu Hikenchou. Oppai ninja's stealing oppai, oppai monks, tit mountain, ninja oppai techniques, the way of the oppai.

Yeah it was amazingly fun in it's own sick way.

DzV37.gif

Kurita

Space Brother - 36

Aw shit, Serika, this shit hit too close to home. :(

Good thing I watched this out of season otherwise I'd definitely be bawling like a bitch right now.

Fuck, I need some alcohol.
Yeah that episode was... Yeah...
:(
All these feels.

cajunator

Banned
K-On!! 03

Ritsu is the best K-On.
Do not argue with me, its true.
Anyway, so she decides that being the drummer is a bit of a background job and wants to share some of the spotlight. Ritsu tries the other instruments, but nothing really seems to fit her. Then she listens to a tape of Keith Moon the batshit crazy drummer from The Who and remembers how much she loves the drums. Then everybody eats cake. The end.
Ritsu is THE BEST K-ON.
Sawako is THE BEST EVERYTHING.

OceanBlue

I don't think there's much shame in not watching too much anime!
The problem is that I think I could watch 6 episodes and finish 4 anime at this point.

NHK's Top Heroine Poll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-01-02/nhk-top-anime-heroine-vote-results-announced

Code:
1. Haruka Amami (The IDOLM@STER) - 44%

Man, how did those Idolm@ster fans managed to vote stuffed.

All the votes Go Her Way.
lol
Haruka is lovely though, so I approve of this result!

Would it be bad if I voted for iDOLM@STER again? There was totally (a) new episode(s) of that broadcast this year, even without counting the Shiny Festa OAUs.
There was never an answer to this, so I guess I'm voting for iM@S!

Mangirl! 1

It's alright but it's definitely the weakest not-really-5-minute show of the season although I'm sure the worst has yet to come.
I can't believe we're at a point where this is actually a category of shows.

Narag

Ah Manyuu Hikenchou. Oppai ninja's stealing oppai, oppai monks, tit mountain, ninja oppai techniques, the way of the oppai.

Yeah it was amazingly fun in it's own sick way.

DzV37.gif

It grew on me in the end. Too stupid to hate and I had fun with it.

Metrotab

Banned
Manyuu Hikenchou was great fun if you can get over the oppai madness. I liked the historical setting a lot, even if it was a bit barbarised.

survivor

Banned
Well at least people read your posts and dont have you on ignore lists
I read every single post of yours DTL

stay strong nakama

Ignore lists are for the weak. When you use GAF you accept all of GAF.
Plus no one in the anime/manga thread really say anything offensive that pisses me off to the point of ignoring them. The worst thing that can happen is someone calling my favourite series shit.

You should watch Touka Gettan :D

:lol

Metrotab

Banned
K-On!! 03

Ritsu is the best K-On.
Do not argue with me, its true.
Anyway, so she decides that being the drummer is a bit of a background job and wants to share some of the spotlight. Ritsu tries the other instruments, but nothing really seems to fit her. Then she listens to a tape of Keith Moon the batshit crazy drummer from The Who and remembers how much she loves the drums. Then everybody eats cake. The end.
Ritsu is THE BEST K-ON.
Sawako is THE BEST EVERYTHING.

Ritsu rediscovering her love for drumming was one of the best scenes in all of K-On!.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hmm, the voting has been pretty interesting the thread so far. It's not really following a really specific pattern so far, which is nice.
What's interesting is the lack of Kids on the Slope votes. It's possible Tsuritama might beat it at this point.

Go_Ly_Dow

Nekomonogatari -2

Well at least I won't go to jail for watching this one.

I dedicate the watching of this episode to jman2050. May he find peace during his ban and accept Tamako Market in to his heart.

Ignore lists are for the weak. When you use GAF you accept all of GAF.

Indeed.

Steroyd

Manyuu Hikenchou was great fun if you can get over the oppai madness. I liked the historical setting a lot, even if it was a bit barbarised.

That's the most hilariously depressing thing about Ninja Tits, take out the :Chet and you've got a more watchable ninja/samurai show which has been virtually none existent for years.

Awe shit I forgot Brave 10... yeah my point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom