• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
My mom did enjoy Sora no Woto, Haibane Renmei, Fruits Basket, Millennium Actress, Ponyo, Spirited away, and a small part of Full moon O Sagashite.

Shakugan no Shana 09

u5wYL.jpg
Q6QG5.jpg

After our amazing action filled episode, we get a pool episode.

Pool antics, more Kugiloli outbursts, more one-sided love, this is definitely a LN adaptation.

MCD

@BGBW I don't mind good changes, heck the first 4 to 5 episodes were mighty better but it pretty much stopped there.

@wonzo

Showing X character moves - all his moves - in the starting arc - is a big WTF if I ever saw one. I can't spoil much but most of his actions here is conflicting with later events in the manga. Just a big mess.

Look, it's a shonen anime and I've got plenty of issues with it already but inserting characters that appear pretty much later in the anime and cutting scenes left and right isn't the right way to adapt a manga. Should have made an OVA then, that I might understand since they tend to be short and more creative.

Basically this is a quick cash in and not something they will continue with anytime soon because god help them if they ever wanna connect it to the next arc.

Theonik

Series is awesome all the way through. Don't know how well the movies encapsulate it though as I'd been meaning to watch them to see just that.
That makes 2 "Series is awesome enough but I don't know" replies so I guess series it is. On the season backlog it goes!

Narag

Gintama 54

SZufSl.png

Suddenly a higher quality closeup?

nLD8ol.png

Hey look, a postcard. That's how you know it's a classy ep.

Legendary afro in this ep. Hilarious at that. It had just the right amount of stupid going on and even the country mother came across as endearing towards the end.,

Kurita

BECK Volume 1 Ep 1-5

Really cool show. Lots of fun characters, cool music and a really good dub. I'm interested in how different the dub is in japanese with such a heavy focus on music, so I'll definitely be going through it a second time once I watch the whole thing.

Side note: Maho is SOOOOOOOOOO cute.
One of the best openings ever by one of the best J-Rock bands ever. Thank you based BEAT CRUSADERS.
I should read the manga...

DiGiKerot

That makes 2 "Series is awesome enough but I don't know" replies so I guess series it is. On the season backlog it goes!

Serious question - outside of First Gundam, have any of the Gundam compilation movies (or any Sunrise complication movie, for that matter) actually done a good enough job of encapsulating what is good about the respective series?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well it has been two decades since I've seen it, but I remember it more as the sort of self-deprecating humor otaku are known for loving. Not criticism that paints otaku as detrimental to society or potential criminals, but rather the "we're a bunch of losers lol" kind of thing, with the feeling of camaraderie that comes with that.

I remember chuckling at the erogamer guy. "Don't you think Hiroko-chan is cute?"
I had just gotten into eroge myself around the time Otaku no Video came out.
I'll always remember the first one I played: Tenshi-tachi no Gogo III Bangaihen (NSFW images toward the bottom of that page).
I was in college at the time and didn't own my own computer to play it on, so wound up staying up all night in my dorm's small computer room after everybody else left.
It was a heart-pounding experience in more ways than one.

iPEO35u50mBSc.png

Don't you think Ruri-chan is cute?

Oh man first eroge I played? True Love '95 baby!

Oh memories...

Oh fuck yes.

Yama no Susume - 01

I'm sure SDBurton can work with this.

Also in contention for second worse use of 3D perspective in the opening minute, Outdone by yours truly Girls Und Panzer.

Did this just premier? I may check it out. :D

Yama no Susume 01

Five minutes of :SDBurton drama and friendship.

But besides that, pretty slow and kinda dull. I guess I need my :SDBurton to be flinging jokes at me.

Yeaaaah I'll be checking this out real soon.

NOTE TO GAF

To all of you pretending to hate SAO and not voting for it because you think it's soooooooooooooooo popular, I'll have you know that if it loses HERE on GAF and the producers lose the interest to make more then the series death is on your hands! I've done my part.
[/spoiler]

sounds like wishful thinking

I know right?

Highschool of DxD 1-12+OVA

I think I can summarize this show to one word: oppai. Show was surprisingly enjoyable though. Dumb fun.

Also:

boobsn.png

best dying line of the year.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito 12

OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE MOST RANDOM THING EVER! IT CAME OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE! I'M FUCKING DYING AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHA!

The best part was, it was such an emotional scene! Hatsuki was finally reunited with Hatsumi only to then learn that she really is Eve and has to leave forever. There was lots of crying and Hatsuki even tried to fucking kill her but broke down. And then as she was ascending Eve says they'll always be together in spirit and they will reunite one day. And oh yeah, IMMA BE YO BABY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE! WHAT REASON IS THERE FOR THIS?! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

And to think that
SDBurton hates the yuriception twist. What the hell, dude?

survivor

Banned

Theonik

Serious question - outside of First Gundam, have any of the Gundam compilation movies (or any Sunrise complication movie, for that matter) actually done a good enough job of encapsulating what is good about the respective series?
That is something I wonder as well. I know about the first Gundam but I hear little discussion about the other compilation films, so it seems most people don't bother with them making the call inconclusive.

Yeah, Kuroko might crack the top 20, which makes me happy.

Too bad most people seem to be ignoring HxH.
I hold back on choosing long running stuff however, I think I picked gAge last year so Ill probably update my list for HxH and boot that off.

I didn't think hxh had that many viewers and someone put bleach on theirs.

I wish more people put commentary, better than lists, always looking for more stuff to watch.

That is something I wonder as well. I know about the first Gundam but I hear little discussion about the other compilation films, so it seems most people don't bother with them making the call inconclusive.

Gundam SEED Desiny movies are better version of the story than the series. Less is more when it comes to Destiny....

Narag

I've wondered the same. I thought the Zeta movies were received well enough but on their own rather than series replacements though.

NOTE TO GAF

To all of you pretending to hate SAO and not voting for it because you think it's soooooooooooooooo popular, I'll have you know that if it loses HERE on GAF and the producers lose the interest to make more then the series death is on your hands! I've done my part.

1 love you Yui!

I didnt vote for sao cause first half had numerous flaws...but I think its good enougg to buy, so Ill do my part to ensure it sells enough to get more arc releases.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, watching anime with your figurines doesn't count as watching with others.

No. I like to keep up the reputation of being a very serious poster.

I have roommates you know :p
They like anime though so its no big deal watching anything with my door open.

Novid

Banned
going to nba gaf and seeing NTR banded like candy... must be the lakers age pissed that they lost to the sixers. only explation.

Narag

One Piece 54

4LR8zl.png

Superior show above.

Worst filler is off to a good start so far! Hadn't laughed this hard at this show in a while. I can see how this might annoy some folk from the outset given the premise changed from "To the Grand Line!" to "Well, we're in no hurry."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have roommates you know :p
They like anime though so its no big deal watching anything with my door open.

Sorry, guess I didn't spot them on my secret cameras.

I'd keep my door closed out of respect. Not to keep others out, but to keep the noise in. I know full well what's it's like to be irritated by unwanted music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom