• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Manyuu Hikenchou. Oppai ninja's stealing oppai, oppai monks, tit mountain, ninja oppai techniques, the way of the oppai.

Yeah it was amazingly fun in it's own sick way.

DzV37.gif

I remember that scene.

Edit: lol new page, however this can stay here

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Also the thread is the first time I heard about One Piece Episode of Nami special. Isn't it basically just a abridged version of the nami flashback? what makes it so good? :eek:

Narag

That's the most hilariously depressing thing about Ninja Tits, take out the :Chet and you've got a more watchable ninja/samurai show which has been virtually none existent for years.

I think that helped it to a degree as the core story is simple and familiar. It's just that special technique is a little bit more out there than usual.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would it be fair to say Kids on the Slope suffered slightly because of the hype for it?

EDIT: I just noticed I'm already on the wall. Wut?

Also the thread is the first time I heard about One Piece Episode of Nami special. Isn't it basically just a abridged version of the nami flashback? what makes it so good? :eek:

they redid the nami arc in hd and reanimated the fights ?

it's much much better now

wonzo

Banned
What's interesting is the lack of Kids on the Slope votes. It's possible Tsuritama might beat it at this point.
All is right with the world.

It's one of the best bits of One Piece with better animation and pacing and without all the crappy episodes to get through first.

Go_Ly_Dow

Nisemonogatari votes are very far and few between. I guess people weren't suckered in with all the extra smut service.

As it should be.

Yeah, the final few episodes left it on a sour note for me personally.

The show should have ended with Kaouru and Sentaro running out of that performance together :(

Uchip

Banned

HD, with nice animation, for one of the better One Piece arcs
whats not to like?

duckroll

It's one of the best early stories of One Piece, and it was done really well.

This is what happens when you go so long without checking the thread. It was a little big thing for a while.

jgminto

Ahhhh. Mangirl is manga/girl! I would have been much, much more interested in a series about incredibly manly women. Oh well. Let's just hope Jojo is extremely successful and that dream may come true.

Theonik

Distilled version of respectable One Piece. Can actually enjoy it now in a more refined version without having to contemplate suicide to get to it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito 12

OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE MOST RANDOM THING EVER! IT CAME OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE! I'M FUCKING DYING AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHA!

The best part was, it was such an emotional scene! Hatsuki was finally reunited with Hatsumi only to then learn that she really is Eve and has to leave forever. There was lots of crying and Hatsuki even tried to fucking kill her but broke down. And then as she was ascending Eve says they'll always be together in spirit and they will reunite one day. And oh yeah, IMMA BE YO BABY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE! WHAT REASON IS THERE FOR THIS?! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Life is great.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Would it be fair to say Kids on the Slope suffered slightly because of the hype for it?

EDIT: I just noticed I'm already on the wall. Wut?
If anything its pedigree is the reason people still pull for it.

Kokoro connect - 15
the drama continues featuring iori going into "bitch mode":

Kokoro%20Connect%20-%2015%20-1.jpg

Translation: Go away b*tch . i can make any boy in this college cry if i want .DEAL WITH IT

I'm actually quite surprised by how all of this turned . the situation is not as intense as we would have expected from the previous episode but we still got some nice moments.

However ..say hello to the winner of R_Thanatos IOTY ( Imouto of the year )
Kokoro%20Connect%20-%2015%20-2.jpg

it was a tough choice
Sorry Momo , but well i have to admit that everything about this character is great.

Congrats

Nice cliffanger for this episode ... off to see the next one !!

Nafe

Ha! I thought Trejo was duckroll there for a quick second because of that avatar.

--

Dead or Alive was already a big fighting game franchise when they released the spinoff Xtreme titles. Senran Kagura is a bit different there, being an original IP and also having heavy anime influence which isn't exactly a driver of game sales in the West. Who knows, if the anime ends up being successful they might consider a localized release.

But DAO was a franchise that was already known as being a competent fighter, one which that wasn't entirely predicated on boobs (don't laugh), long before it became infamous.

Yeah, those are good points. I suppose I was focusing too much on the presentation of the girls in this case and not looking at other factors.

Personally I'd say to skip reading my impressions. They are frankly pretty crap and it's best to keep going almost blindly in the show. I sorta did that as well! Also I haven't read the novels just read about them. Lafiel may have but I don't know. I am half tempted to read the last novel but the lack of continuation for the arc it starts is pretty lame.

Well, if you say so, but I'm sure they weren't THAT bad, haha. Well, I'm really liking the show so far, so maybe when I get done I might check out the novels myself.

Such is life! Think you are starting to know someone and... poof... changes of name overnight leaving you confused (although in the case of Haly its seems to be the same reference all along). Don't do this to me you too, Nafe! Please...

However, now that you mention it... maybe it is a good idea to make some kind of list of those who changed of username, right? So everyone here (including newcomers) could keep track and understand callbacks or similar. These are some whom I remember now of those posters that are, and were, habitual people here:

• Halycon -> Haly
  • Aigis -> pizzaroll
  • Miri -> Miizy F Baby
  • Ulysses -> Mad Pierrot
  • Dance In My Blood -> dimb
  • slopeslider -> Jim E. Rossler
  • ninj4junpei -> Femmeworth
  • Billychu -> Billiechu -> Emitan

Is there anyone else I'm missing (sorry if I do)?

Haha, I think I'll probably be sticking with Nafe so there shouldn't be any worries there. I didn't realize Miri changed names to Miizy F Baby though. I think the ones you have listed are all the names I can think of as well.

I guess for the sake of completeness, even though I'm not sure if they will return, there are some like Tiff who used to be Legendary_Warrior about a couple of years ago. Lurky was originally named something else when first getting here but I can't remember what it was now and it was only for a few posts as well so I suppose it doesn't matter.

That reminds me. I see there is an anime that goes by the title of Di Gi Charat. I wonder if that's where DiGiKerot comes from?

That illustration was made by onineko (おにねこ), and samples of a batch of drawings he did with a similar theme were once featured on a dedicated pixiv account (http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3952), not anymore though.

Anyway, Hatsune Miku's popularity and attraction makes it the focus of many artists, and therefore the quantity of quality works (or what I think are quality works) is very, very big. Precisely, onineko was (and is still) one of the collaborators from a special event I liked that reunited a good amount of recognized illustrators; the SNOW MIKU for SAPPORO 2011 event, for the 62th Sapporo Snow Festival, and the Hatsune Miku pixiv×Kaikai Kiki Gallery (http://dev.pixiv.net/archives/1367357.html and http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/033/33625/) showrooms that were presented there. Of course, I liked it because some other people I appreciate also contributed there, as are NaBaBa (http://bananabona.com/yukimiku.html) or JNT (http://meiblog.fullmecha.com/Entry/128/).

Bonus amazing illustration of Miku by JNT (JNTHED) to share here given this opportunity. Be advised; the following link could lead to slightly explicit content... careful!

GADGADGET / JNTHED, I Shall Break You In by JNTHED [Return to...
http://gadgadget.fullmecha.com/post/15917859063/i-shall-break-you-in-by-jnthed-return-to

Oh, OK, thanks! I had seen the one Touhou Project artwork there in that Pixiv page before but I wasn't sure where it had originally come from either. I'll have to take a look at that NSFW link sometime later.

What's your name, icarus?

Haha, we do seem to share that in common, don't we? I've kind of always liked that exaggerated motion of hair in anime.

You'll know when you've watched too much anime because you won't need to check anywhere. You'll see designs and instantly recognise which decade they originate from. It's truly one of the lamest super-powers around.

Haha, yeah true. Sometimes I get thrown off though. I think Fantastic Children, for example, came out in 2004 but the character designs and general aesthetics of the show kind of reminded me personally of slightly older shows. Until all the CG in the latter episodes anyway. Even some of the latter Sailor Moon episodes looked like they could have been more recent instead of the mid nineties to me too.

My Dad's typical reaction to my anime.
(except I'm skinny and dont live at home)
That reminds me that my parents asked me last night why I dont watch my anime with them; itd be kind of awkward watching junjou romantica with them. I considered certain magical index but then index clothes got shredded off in the episode so thatd be just as bad :/

Mahou Shoujo Madoka 1-3

Well that escalated quickly...

Not really sure what to think so far. I'm enjoying it but it's not really gripping me yet. I like the art style though. Hopefully it gets
crazier
from now on, which I'm guessing it will. Surely Shaft will not let me down!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Syrinx finishes Yami and someone else starts Madoka? This is the thread that just keeps on giving.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Execution. Same reason the people calling for Code: Breaker's anime being somehow inferior due to "changing things" are nuts!

Well I am definitely still newbie when it comes to understanding the greatness of oppai. Will definitely watch second season too (and probably third...if I remember right first season sold damn well). I have thought about starting Manyuu Hikenchou though as the idea behind the plot sounds so amazingly stupid that it could be great fun. Ultimate oppai series.

DO IT!! DO IT!!!
But this anime does have the best animated oppai of the decade ..
runner-up is to-loveru darkness
The Qwaser of Stigmata is really good with animated breasts. Done by the same studio as well.
Ah Manyuu Hikenchou. Oppai ninja's stealing oppai, oppai monks, tit mountain, ninja oppai techniques, the way of the oppai.

Yeah it was amazingly fun in it's own sick way.

DzV37.gif
Manyuu Hikenchou is the best!

DO IT!! DO IT!!!

The Qwaser of Stigmata is really good with animated breasts. Done by the same studio as well.

Manyuu Hikenchou is the best!

third place for qwaser.

They took a lot of liberty for some angles .. to love ru doesn't discriminate against oppai ...but qwaser had some great ( oppai ) moments .. i should watch season 2

-------------
kokoro connect 16

Ladies and gentlemens ..the drama continues
but we got 2 things:

- A great class president
Kokoro%20Connect%20-%2016-1.jpg

you don't think...

- the BEST GIRL
Kokoro%20Connect%20-%2016-2.jpg

waouh .. that's embarassing alright !
inaba ...reached levels of awesome ..... continue in that path !!!
taichi confessing was really fun to watch ... and kororo connect continues to hit all the right notes ...

screw drama ..please have more drama !

K-On!! 03

Ritsu is the best K-On.
Do not argue with me, its true.
Anyway, so she decides that being the drummer is a bit of a background job and wants to share some of the spotlight. Ritsu tries the other instruments, but nothing really seems to fit her. Then she listens to a tape of Keith Moon the batshit crazy drummer from The Who and remembers how much she loves the drums. Then everybody eats cake. The end.
Ritsu is THE BEST K-ON.
Sawako is THE BEST EVERYTHING.

TJNsG.gif

-Minsc-

On the advice of Duckroll, I am requesting aid remembering an old Anime movie I watched when I was young.

It aired on a Canadian TV station called "Space", during the late 90s. I can't remember if it was dubbed or subbed.

Vague description from memory:
Most of it took place in the desert, a group of mercenaries or ex-military(at least two females in the group). They did not wear formal military wear, was sort of like Cowboy Bebop dusters and survival gear. Seems like a post-apocalyptic setting with a mix of high and low tech(akin to Nausicaa).

This small group is wandering the desert with a tank, and find this old ruined city with a giant metal tower/castle at its center. City is mostly mud huts, but get progressively more advanced the closer to the tower, with many being built out of salvaged metal.

They find this place, and after wandering into the city all hell breaks loose. Flying things from the tower attack, they are not typical machines, they look something akin to an Eva or something out of guyver. Shoot-out proceeds while they try to flee to the tower to hide.

Animation style was very close to Dominion Tank Police movies.

What it's not:
Eat Man
Spriggan
Big Wars
Crystal Triangle
Venus Wars
Desert Punk
MD Geist

Well now, you have certainly piqued my curiosity. I do remember some anime airing on Space back around that time. The only titles which come to mind are Galaxy Express 999, Grave of the Fireflies, and New Dominion Take Police. Teletoon may have aired some anime as well at that time so I may be mixing them up.

I sent off an email to somebody I believe will have the answer. Hopefully I get a response, I'm curious to know just as much as you are. :)

Shakugan no Shana 10

Blah, blah, my feelings, your feelings, etc.

New incest friendly villains? Sure, why not?

urusai urusai urusai !!!

do watch the mini shana episodes afterward ( shanatan ) ..it makes things into perspective ..and a comic way to see all of this ..

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Inaba is easily the best girl in that show. She's pretty awesome. Taichi on the other hand is a piece of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom