• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen / Samurai X Trust and Betrayal

I've seen this a couple of times already, but I was much, much younger. It's probably been ten or twelve years. I wanted to see if it still held up, and for the most part I think it does. However some of it has soured in my eyes as do many things when you get a little bit older. The plot, while sincere, is pretty superficial and straight forward. There are no surprises that you can't see coming, and the dialog gives away pretty much everything, leaving us with little to think about. There are also some rather embarrassing scenes, especially in the latter half... not embarrassing content wise, but more in the sense that they feel like a fourteen year old kid wrote the story "trying" to be serious. However it isn't all bad. The score was above average, and the pacing and story bits proceed at an elegant pace, and are given space to breathe when necessary. It's simplistic and earnest in its approach, and I think it still makes for a fairly enjoyable viewing, even though I do not plan to watch this again any time soon.

Sayonara Kenshin...

Plawres Sanshiro episode 1

tumblr_m7d3l1Iti21r9l7xlo1_500.jpg

Robot wrestling. It's not as good as Medabots, but it's still pretty well made; fun 80s-as-hell music, good animation, Urusei Yatsura-esque 80s cartoony design and art, stylish color use and Yoshinori Kanada poses all over the goddamned place. Try it out if you're into this sort of thing.

cajunator

Banned
I like it when she pulls her hair up like that. She's definitely the girl with the most styles through out the show.

Mainly for more Palutena.

I definitely like all her hair styles. She kind of had that "Madoka in Rinne no Lagrange" hair thing going and that was working so well. She seems to me like the most fun K-on girl. The one who will do crazy off the wall stuff and get in trouble for it.

survivor

Banned
Plawres Sanshiro episode 1

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7d3l1Iti21r9l7xlo1_500.jpg[img]

Robot wrestling. It's not as good as Medabots, but it's still pretty well made; fun 80s-as-hell music, good animation, Urusei Yatsura-esque 80s cartoony design and art, stylish color use and Yoshinori Kanada poses all over the goddamned place. Try it out if you're into this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Ooohh, I remember watching this when I was a kid. It always made me sad how my toy robots weren't as cool as theirs and the best they could do was make dumb sounds and random flashing lights :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You should do that instead of...whatever it is you are doing right now.

I just finished KC and Btooom! so Tsuritama is definitely next on my list. Any other stuff I shouls watch for the AOTY thread? Jinrui is also on the list.

Oh, I just realised what a new episode of a -monogatari show means. It means a review on here: http://blogsuki.com/

Glorious.

Glorious indeed.

urusai urusai urusai !!!

do watch the mini shana episodes afterward ( shanatan ) ..it makes things into perspective ..and a comic way to see all of this ..

Is it bad that I'm waiting for a shakugan no shanatan of the last season?

It warms my heart to see so many votes for Jinrui in the AOTY thread. ^_____^

I definitely like all her hair styles. She kind of had that "Madoka in Rinne no Lagrange" hair thing going and that was working so well. She seems to me like the most fun K-on girl. The one who will do crazy off the wall stuff and get in trouble for it.

The 'ole pineapple hair! She gets even more later in the series.

Instro

Yama no Susume 1

gYD02.jpg

Some neat art in this. Seems like a pretty decent little show, and for 5 mins an episode I wouldn't mind sticking with it.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka 1-3

Not really sure what to think so far. I'm enjoying it but it's not really gripping me yet. I like the art style though. Hopefully it gets
crazier
from now on, which I'm guessing it will. Surely Shaft will not let me down!
I look forward to your responses to the following episodes.

Milamber

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Polar Bear's Café 38

I'll never get tired of these dumb jokes.

It's criminal how this show is getting overlooked in the AOTY thread.

I'll eventually watch it. Next year we could have a category like they have in the GotY thread for stuff from the previous year you missed out on.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 28

Fuck you and go away, Sayoko. You only want Keiichi cause he's the one guy you can't have it's all a fucking game to you he means nothing to you and you know it. I hope a fat, greasy truck driver moons you and farts in your face.

Don't like the new OP nearly as much as "Open Your Mind", but that's one of my favorites ever, so it's not necessarily a slight against it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Apparently Fate/Apocrypha's Saber is Mordered who by the way looks exactly like F/Z Saber. So... we'll see two Saber lookalikes in F/A. LOLOLOLOL.

Soma

Nekomonogatari Episodes 1-3

Kinda stumbled a bit with a slow start but I think this is shaping up to be one of my favorite -monogatari story arcs. Really interested in seeing how this concludes and hopefully on a good note.

Milamber

Nekomonogatari Episodes 1-3

Kinda stumbled a bit with a slow start but I think this is shaping up to be one of my favorite -monogatari story arcs. Really interested in seeing how this concludes and hopefully on a good note.

Eh? Didn't you watch Bakemonogatari episodes 13~15?

Soma

Eh? Didn't you watch Bakemonogatari episodes 13~15]?

Well I know what happens after this arc but not necessarily the details of how it reaches the conclusion. On that note my memory is a bit hazy since it's been a few years since I've watched Bakemonogatari and don't remember anything about Nisemonogatari other than toothbrushes and bathtubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom