• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Hausu

SoFsxl.jpg

Sakuga!

I thought this would be far easier to handle after going through the experience that is Kenya Boy but nothing could've been farther from the truth. Equal parts idiotic and brilliant this is a film I would have no qualms describing as indescribable seeing as any attempt to do so would only serve to ruin the many surprises it has in store for the viewer.

Nobuhiko Obayashi is not content with merely skirting the line between illogical insanity and meticulous genius. He puts a goddamned saddle on that line and rides off into the sunset atop it. It is glorious.

wonzo

Banned
door locks are for scrubs

Hausu

I thought this would be far easier to handle after going through the experience that is Kenya Boy but nothing could've been farther from the truth. Equal parts idiotic and brilliant this is a film I would have no qualms describing as indescribable seeing as any attempt to do so would only serve to ruin the many surprises it has in store for the viewer.

Nobuhiko Obayashi is not content with merely skirting the line between illogical insanity and meticulous genius. He puts a goddamned saddle on that line and rides off into the sunset atop it. It is glorious.
Hausu's pretty much the most insane movie I've ever seen. It owns.

NEKOMONOGATARI: KURO EPISODE 3

Good stuff so far. Now I get what Oshino meant about Hanekawa complimenting the cursed cat so well. They make a deadly combination and it perfectly explains why they'd end up needing a Vampire to finish the job. I kinda wish it were six episodes instead of four, though. An extra episode consisting solely of the cat's trolling against Oshino would have made for some great action sequences. This arc definitely does Hanekawa a lot of justice as a character.

I liked Araragi's Kawarimi no jutsu too. There was just the right amount of dialogue with the sisters this time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Nekomonogatari [Kuro] - 03

This is turning out to be a really solid arc. Wow.

And got damn did Hanekawa (or should I say Cat) move up in the tier list. I'm usually not down with the catgirls but making an exception on this one. Fuuuuuuuck!

Jex

Nekomonogatari [Kuro] - 03

This is turning out to be a really solid arc. Wow.

And got damn did Hanekawa (or should I say Cat) move up in the tier list. I'm usually not down with the catgirls but making an exception on this one. Fuuuuuuuck!

Sounds like a personal problem.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
K-ON! : The Movie

This was pretty damn good. It does a good job of capturing everything I love about the series in a nutshell - charming character interactions, a great setting for laid-back slice-of-life moments, concert sequences, and in traditional K-ON!! fashion it ends the whole thing with a lot of :firehawk
If I have one complaint, is I feel the movie loses a bit of it's momentum after the
last london concert
and while the extraneous stuff afterwards was kind of necessary for the :firehawk, I wasn't a fan of the pacing compared to the rest of the film.

Bring on Tamako Market!

Soma

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 11-12

Hot damn. Joseph Joestar is no joke. As much as I liked Part 1, this story is already miles ahead of it in pretty much every way. The new OP is great too. I think it has better visuals than the first but Sono Chi no Sadame just can't be beat.

Jex

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 11-12

Hot damn. Joseph Joestar is no joke. As much as I liked Part 1, this story is already miles ahead of it in pretty much every way. The new OP is great too. I think it has better visuals than the first but Sono Chi no Sadame just can't be beat.

The main reason I didn't vote for Jo Jo in the Anime of the Year thread is because I've only really started to love the story with Part 2/Battle Tendency, and we haven't had many episodes of that yet.

jbug617

Banned
So I have been watching some old time wrestling from the 80's lately and was wondering if there any wrestling anime other than the kickstarter one?

wonzo

Banned
The main reason I didn't vote for Jo Jo in the Anime of the Year thread is because I've only really started to love the story with Part 2/Battle Tendency, and we haven't had many episodes of that yet.
Fortunately we can vote for it next year alongside more Polar Bear Cafe! *wink wink*

Jex

OK GAF serious question time. Is there any reason to watch the Turn A Gundam series over the movies or are they pretty much on equal footing?

I've never heard anyone recommend the movies over the series, or the movies at all, period. I don't think the story would work very well compressed, either.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Space Brothers 33
We did it guys! We made it to OT-4!

If I were about a decade younger I would stop playing video games and start studying science shit right now. This show is a great reminder of what it was like to have dreams once.

cajunator

Banned
I've never heard anyone recommend the movies over the series, or the movies at all, period. I don't think the story would work very well compressed, either.

Why do those movies get made if they are just abridged versions of series? Seems kind of pointless. unless it caters to lazy otaku.

Jex

Wow, 10 pages in 12 hours. Is that normal or did AOTY voting increase posting? Anime haven't even started airing yet!

We have to start off at a brisk pace because once we start actually watching shows from this season we might all lose our motivation!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Here is my current 2013 AotY list so far:

1. JoJo
2. Polar Bear Cafe
3. Shinsekai Yori
4. Ixion Saga DT
5. Zetsuen no Tempest
6. Psycho-Pass
7. Aikatsu!
8. Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan
9. Puchimas
10. Robotics;Notes

Solune

:D awesome! do you know how I can buy this track?

I love the shows opening so much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTcUTuqMvc

...and now I have a new Rich Man, Poor Woman nakama!
If you mean the remix, the link is on the right in the comments box, but here's the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4o4toeihto38uvq

If you mean the actual OP, PM me.
Such is life! Think you are starting to know someone and... poof... changes of name overnight leaving you confused (although in the case of Haly its seems to be the same reference all along). Don't do this to me you too, Nafe! Please...

However, now that you mention it... maybe it is a good idea to make some kind of list of those who changed of username, right? So everyone here (including newcomers) could keep track and understand callbacks or similar. These are some whom I remember now of those posters that are, and were, habitual people here:

• Halycon -> Haly
  • Aigis -> pizzaroll
  • Miri -> Miizy F Baby
  • Ulysses -> Mad Pierrot
  • Dance In My Blood -> dimb
  • slopeslider -> Jim E. Rossler
  • ninj4junpei -> Femmeworth
  • Billychu -> Billiechu -> Emitan

Is there anyone else I'm missing (sorry if I do)?
Azure Jericho -> Azure J
I'll have to drop by more often.

I knew you'd come around!

cajunator

Banned
We have to start off at a brisk pace because once we start actually watching shows from this season we might all lose our motivation!

So is that what happened to OT2?

Here is my current 2013 AotY list so far:

1. JoJo
2. Polar Bear Cafe
3. Shinsekai Yori
4. Ixion Saga DT
5. Zetsuen no Tempest
6. Psycho-Pass
7. Aikatsu!
8. Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan
9. Puchimas
10. Robotics;Notes

Definite downgrade from 2012.

Jex

Serious question - outside of First Gundam, have any of the Gundam compilation movies (or any Sunrise complication movie, for that matter) actually done a good enough job of encapsulating what is good about the respective series?

Zeta movies, because that way you can less watch Zeta while still being 'up to date' on the UC timeline.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I have been watching some old time wrestling from the 80's lately and was wondering if there any wrestling anime other than the kickstarter one?

I personally can't think of any realistic ones, but I guess there's Kinnikuman. Though, I don't think it's fully available translated, legitimately or otherwise.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
NEKOMONOGATARI: KURO EPISODE 3
This arc definitely does Hanekawa a lot of justice as a character.
What justice really needed to be done? Tsubasa Cat was the longest arc in Bakemonogatari. Some of the scenes in Nekomonogatari are very similar to that arc, but not quite as strong.

Jex

Yami To Boushi To Hon No Tabibito 13

I've spent the last hour squeezing my head and crying in a corner in the fetal position trying to figure out what the fuck I just saw. No dice. None at all. The best explanation I can come up with was that the whole thing was a set-up to
that random yuri scene at the end that still doesn't make any fucking sense when juxtaposed against the rest of the episode.
I give up. Those who attempt to uncover the secrets of this world are fools suffering existential crises.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go order a Sailor Mercury love pillow and then hold a viking funeral for it while downing an entire bottle of Jack Daniel's. Then, I'm going to go punch a rhinoceros in the face. After that, I'm going to run naked through the streets of Hamburg. Then I'm going to go to the tailgate of the BCS title game and find the oldest, most racist looking Alabama fan I can find and give him the biggest, hottest kiss he's ever received. Why am I doing these things? If Yami has taught me anything, it's that nothing can ever be rationally explained. Therefore, our existence is pointless and therefore doing anything but the ridiculous random shit that pops into your head is deluding yourself.

Recentgifs2.gif

duckroll

Didn't the recent Zeta movies kinda retcon stuff from ZZ? Seems like there would be continuity problems if they ever made ZZ movies. Not that I think they are ever planning to... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom