• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Glad you enjoyed it :)

The show gets better as it goes along and the later developments are very entertaining.

theres a actually good j-drama that hollywood will soon copy and make millions of dollars and win a bunch of emmys that it never really deserves? *shocked*

Joe Molotov

Hm... interesting Smile Pretty Cure spoilers.

http://ca3.blog76.fc2.com/blog-entry-1436.html#more

In episode 45, a group of girls similar to them, the "Bad End Pretty Cures" appear before Pierot and fight against the Smile Cures.

It seems oddly late for a twist like that...
I wonder if they'll be straight clones of Miyuki and co or if their design will have somewhat original designs at least?

Edit: Hey, found an image already:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/BadEndPC_zpsf69b4b16.jpg

Obvious evil clones, but at least they aren't just recolors.

Epic drill hair is epic.

Go_Ly_Dow

theres a actually good j-drama that hollywood will soon copy and make millions of dollars and win a bunch of emmys that it never really deserves? *shocked*

Let's not forget the unnecessary Old Boy adaptation that is currently being made....

I'll need another drama when I'm done with Hungry! (one episode left), any recommendations?

I would highly recommend, Freeter, Ie o Kau :)

Synopsis

Take Seiji (Kazunari Ninomiya) is a young man who quits his job after working for only 3 months. He has no dreams, no will and zero money. He also fights with his father over his ways and then becomes a "hikkimori" - a recluse who never leaves his room. When his mother falls ill due to depression, Seiji is then forced to take a part time job at a construction company. He believes his job is just temporary and acts distant with his co-workers. Seiji then meets on site-supervisor Manamai Chiba (Karina) whose personality is the polar opposite of Seiji's. They have disagreements at first but become more understanding of each other. Through his work Seiji's outlook on life starts to change and he starts to rebuild his life.

Recognitions
2011 Tokyo Drama Awards: Grand Prix
2011 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Actor - Ninomiya Kazunari
2011 Tokyo Drama Awards: Best Producer - Hashimoto Fumi
67th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Drama
67th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Actor - Ninomiya Kazunari
67th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Theme Song
14th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Oct-Dec 2010): Best Drama
14th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix (Oct-Dec 2010): Best Actor - Ninomiya Kazunari

10 episodes + 1 special.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 18 (engDub)
tumblr_mg24hrEtPR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

What creative team names, Q4, Team Handsome, Team Chemistry Club, Team Martial Arts, Team Hot Noodles. Not much cardfight as it was just first turn of the match then fast forward to last time against these low. So much hilarious Kamui moments though, and Morikawa/Miwa too.

Steroyd

Ai Mai Mi - 01

Oh look another show about drawing manga but it's with highschool girls this time.

I knew there was a disturbance in the force with Mangirl's post-highschool characters, but everything in the universe is back in balance now.

Edit: I'm a sucker for pixel'd shit so I enjoyed the ED.

cajunator

Banned
Ai Mai Mi - 01

Oh look another show bout drawing manga but it's with highschool girls this time.

I knew there was a disturbance in the force with Mangirl's post-highschool characters, but everything in the universe is back in balance now.

Edit: I'm a sucker for pixel'd shit so I enjoyed the ED.

I still like Comic Party the most out of all these comic/doujin artist animes (hidamari doesn't count because its not really the same thing). That was one of the first to deal with the subject as well.

Jacob

If length is a big problem, I'd recommend reading the manga if you're a manga reader. If not, well I guess you'll have to deal with the anime, which is definitely not bad if you have the patience for it, and it definitely gets a lot better all around when the Arlong arc happens and stays that way mostly all the way up to the present story outside of filler and a few rough spots here and there.

You're honestly better off just sticking with the manga and checking out some of the movies/specials (like the utterly fantastic Movie 6).

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm not the biggest manga reader but I might make an exception for One Piece since I've heard from a lot of people that the manga is better. I might give the anime a bit longer but I'll be sure to see if I can find the manga too.

Syrinx

Girls und Panzer 02

Panty shots? Banned. Gratuitous bikini action? Don't mind if I do!

Whoever justified this is a sick bastard.
Fluffy hair-chan next please!

Yeah, I watched this yesterday and that was just, "wat". Everyone's cleaning their tanks and she's just wearing this bikini. Where did she even get that?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just watched some of that girls and tanks show for pedophiles that you all love so much. Pretty hot tank action. Will continue.
You are confusing it with the show with girls and guns. That's the naughty one.

Lol. yeah he should. And to think he devoted time to SAO instead of watching Tsuritama. There are terrible things going on in this world :(
So glad only Kayos gets beef for watching SAO.

The fate of turning into Novid. I guess Hitokage better watch out. This could be a reflection of him in a year! :(
Prehaps it is Hitokage from the future! He changed from a pony avatar to a cat and what is the opposite of a Little Pony? A Thunder Cat. It all makes sense.

This cartoon also taught me that high school girls are among the most manipulative and corrupt beings on Earth when left to their own devices.
Guess it's a good thing I went to an all boys school then. Though some would say I was missing out.

boys school
( `ー´)ニ◯◯ニ(`一´ )

Girls und Panzer 02

Panty shots? Banned. Gratuitous bikini action? Don't mind if I do!

Whoever justified this is a sick bastard.
Fluffy hair-chan next please!
And that is why she is one of the best characters.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 19 (engDub)

Loved the grade school love thing mixed with battle for Kamui, havent laughed so much in awhile but wow the ending.
Awful, he should have won, he's just too good to lose to her

Ai Mai Mi - 01
In a season of short episodes, this one was the worst so far. Why are there so many of these this season? What exactly is the business model behind these?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Prehaps it is Hitokage from the future! He changed from a pony avatar to a cat and what is the opposite of a Little Pony? A Thunder Cat. It all makes sense.
Um, no? Why would I suddenly develop a raging hatred for it and a desperate need for American localization or market success?

duckroll

Um, no? Why would I suddenly develop a raging hatred for it and a desperate need for American localization or market success?

We're still working on that part of the script. Hopefully the twist will come off as natural instead of an ass-pull. I'm currently consulting with Damon Lindelof on ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom