• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't care that it is winter I'm having ice cream tonight. Doubt I'll find anything exotic though.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Green tea and red/black bean is good. But I prefer walnut ice cream, or seseme. Lychee is also nice. Living by Little Tokyo is amazing! They're opening a real maid cafe here in March!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Never tried it. Will make a note.
I would try this if I can find any.
It's delicious!

Green tea ice cream still trumps it.

As a topping for shaved ice though, red beans are the best.

e: mochi ice cream is so good too.

9KEJK.jpg

Red bean ice cream with red bean toppings!

And is that the thing where they put ice cream inside the mochi?

Steroyd

Ginga e Kickoff - 29

M99LB.gif

:wonzo'd

Good stuff going to hold out on watching the next one because I have no idea when the rest will get translated much like Tanken Driland. :(

Space Brothers 35

That one was easily one of the best episodes yet, or maybe I'm just biased because we've all been in that situation before. I only wish real life were as optimistic as here.
;_; Good job Makabe-san! Kappe!

Yeah, it was one of the best episodes of the show. Just about every element of it worked perfectly, and the narration was great. That ending
where Kenji trolls his wife, and then reveals that he passed, was such a beautiful moment
. I loved getting to find out a lot more about Kenji's relationship with his wife, because their interactions were great.

That's what you say now, but Novid was once normal too....

Was he? I really have no idea! Lol.

I have a hard time imagining Novid ever being normal. That just seems wrong.

Nafe

Crest of the Stars (Sekai no Monshou)

Episode 2

JCLAK.jpg

My new favorite leading lady, Lafiel.

Ok, I'm very quickly warming up to and really liking this show. I liked this second episode even more than the first. Lafiel is introduced and she's awesome! I think I'm beginning to see why Lafiel likes Lafiel so much, what an entrance there! Seeing how her name is spelled in Japanese now I would have gotten the pronunciation right away then and it is indeed Ayako Kawasumi as her seiyuu.

I just love the dialogue in this second episode! It really came across as just so natural and convincing in every way. From the way it was written, to the way the seiyuu deliver their lines with the appropriate tones and pauses, even the subtle bits of body language of the characters with their positions or animations. The episode is basically two talking sections partitioned by a bit of a chase scene in the middle and I wasn't bored one bit.

This episode has even more neat scene transitions, such as right at the beginning of the episode, you see Jinto sitting there with his head down and then someone calls his name but it's a bit distant and echo like and then suddenly a person moves by the screen and you now see Jinto slightly more grown up and the voice calling to him is more clear as his friend approaches him. It was just a nice reflection of the past to present.

After Jinto and his friend Dorin have a bit of a broment, some elderly lady gets her bag stolen, to which Lafiel enters the scene by catching Jinto's space baseball thing he got as a memento from Dorin after missing hitting the child thief. The way she smacks him with the ball and then the chase is on as she jumps over a ledge and down the stairs trying to catch a helper to the thief was great, really entertaining stuff.

I like how the show takes the time to do some visual world building when the characters are talking. Since large chunks of the episode are conversation pieces between characters, rather than trying to spend the whole time framing them from interesting angels, the camera will pan around the environment where you can see how the world operates. It might seem like minor things but just the fact that you can tell it's a busy spaceport(on that note, I like a lot of the details drawn into things too) or how people use the technologies they have, such as luggage now seems to be in slightly automated carry-on type of machines that hover alongside you. A lot of little things like that where they show you the world rather than telling.

YxZXa.jpg

There are no beautiful cabin attendants but the ship has a pretty good looking pilot,she says.

The latter conversation between Lafiel and Jinto was also really well written and delivered I thought. The way she states the above as so matter-of-fact and without any inference of being rude. That's just the way the Abh are and have been for a long time, it's a fact. I always like these conversations between two different people from different cultures and backgrounds.

Jinto mentions Lafiel shouldn't get so complacent by relying on machines all the times as they can make mistakes, to which she counters humans also make mistakes(with probably the same amount of error rates) so basically what's his point? Jinto finds the controls of the ship strange to what he's accustomed to and feels there is probably a better way, whereas Lafiel is used to them and thus she bluntly asks what would make for better controls? It was just these little back and forth exchanges that I found to be really interesting and amusing/entertaining. Jinto had to remind Lafiel that this was all new to him where Lafiel would apologize as it's just normal to her and has been this way for as long as she's known so she finds his reactions to seemingly rather ordinary things somewhat strange or confusing.

If this keeps up for the rest of the show, I think I'm not only going to really like it but it will turn into one of my favorite anime I've seen. I really look forward to the next episode now.

Was looking into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is it 28 episodes or 14 (second season listing on mal is confusing...)

A Certain Magical Index 4

Wanted a bit more action and answers but wow, Kamijo really needs a powerup or something for ep 5.

cajunator

Banned
What makes you so sure? You don't even like the old one that much.

Im being optimistic.
I like Sailor moon, just dont have huge patience to watch monster of the week for dozens of episodes before plot developments occasionally happen. I made it to 28 so far so now turning back. but its slow going.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was looking into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is it 28 episodes or 14 (second season listing on mal is confusing...)

The reason it is confusing is the set of episodes called Endless Eight. Some are too weak and can't cope with watching all eight of them so recommend watching episodes 1,2 and 8. Don't listen to these people.

That and series 2 was broadcast along with series 1 since the new episodes slotted in rather than followed on.

Then you have to consider the order to watch series 1. You have the broadcast order that it was originally broadcast in and the new order with the episodes in canonical order with series 2 episodes slotted in between.

Doesn't stop his sister-slash-cousin or his stepmother from falling in love.

Oi oi, don't degrade the step mother like that. She was one of the better characters.

Jex

Haven't watched them yet but I'm under the impression Kamille doesn't get mindfucked at the end of the movies.
That's certainly a departure.

That's, er, interesting. I can't say I'd mind that change, or any change that means I don't have to finish watching ZZ Gundam.

cajunator

Banned
The reason it is confusing is the set of episodes called Endless Eight. Some are too weak and can't cope with watching all eight of them so recommend watching episodes 1,2 and 8. Don't listen to these people.

That and series 2 was broadcast along with series 1 since the new episodes slotted in rather than followed on.

Then you have to consider the order to watch series 1. You have the broadcast order that it was originally broadcast in and the new order with the episodes in canonical order with series 2 episodes slotted in between.

Oi oi, don't degrade the step mother like that. She was one of the better characters.

That reminds me. I finally bought Haruhu S2 to see what this endless eight fuss is about. guess I will check that out later today after some K-On.
Still have until next tuesday off work so I can do whatever the fuck I want until then at any time. Its like being employed and a NEET at the same time!

Jex

Ignore him. He is being overly cheeky.

I mean, I assume that if Kirtio had a stepmother, she's fall in love with him. Or rather I assume that all the ladies will fall in love with him because he's the best gamer that's ever lived.

Azure J

Nekomonogatari 2

Powerpuff Shinobu out of nowhere was awesome. In regards to the main meat of the episode though, Hanekawa's Hindering Cat REAAAAALLY hates Koyomi huh? I mean I knew as much, but hot damn.

Here's hoping for more like this and less like episode one. :p

Steroyd

That reminds me. I finally bought Haruhu S2 to see what this endless eight fuss is about. guess I will check that out later today after some K-On.
Still have until next tuesday off work so I can do whatever the fuck I want until then at any time. Its like being employed and a NEET at the same time!

Unless you bought it for cheap you've been conned.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I mean, I assume that if Kirtio had a stepmother, she's fall in love with him. Or rather I assume that all the ladies will fall in love with him because he's the best gamer that's ever lived.

It'd be better if it were Asuna's mother. ψ(`∇´)ψ

How does one even consider how to watch it.

Jex

...Nobody told me about bad PSX-era FMV CGI with awful frame rate masquerading as tanks! And those ground textures are terrible! Are you guys trolling me?

When do we every troll people? Or rather, when have we ever trolled people so elaborately? It's just not the kind of thing we do! If everyone really likes it that's because they think it's good!

Syrinx

Long as people are talking about new Sailor Moon, I should ask; that show's coming in summer, right? When would you normally expect new information/hyping of a show coming out around then? Spring?

Ryuukan

That's, er, interesting. I can't say I'd mind that change, or any change that means I don't have to finish watching ZZ Gundam.

Do not watch the Zeta Gundam movies.

ZZ Gundam is great. Beecha and Mondo are shits for a while, but the show is very entertaining.

There is still hope for Kamille in ZZ

Jex

I've seen men in anime do the following:
  • Eat bowls of white rice while sniffing used female underwear for taste
  • Intercept the flem that disgusted women spit at them in mid-flight with their mouth and swollow it for sexual pleasure
  • Lick the drool of an attractive sleeping girl off the table she rested her head on because it was there

...sure you can argue this is fiction but these are ideas born out of the mind of real men and none of wish are outside of the realm of possibility. What would drive a man to do such a thing?
This is all pretty tame stuff, really. It barely raises my eyebrows.

cajunator

Banned
Long as people are talking about new Sailor Moon, I should ask; that show's coming in summer, right? When would you normally expect new information/hyping of a show coming out around then? Spring?

I have a feeling that nostalgia will make some people fully hate the new show and others will embrace it and there will be infighting. Myself, I expect to watch it and find characters to hnnngh over anyway.

How does one even consider how to watch it.

Depends if you care about broadcast order for season one or not. It does give a fun view on stuff as it is a more interesting adventure with the ways the episodes were aired but it could get confusing with stuff out of sequence.

Otherwise, just watch in chronological order with all the season two episodes. Remember, watching all of Endless Eight is suggested otherwise what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom