• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I have a feeling that nostalgia will make some people fully hate the new show and others will embrace it and there will be infighting. Myself, I expect to watch it and find characters to hnnngh over anyway.

I just watched it up through Super S over the last year or so, so nostalgia isn't a problem for me. And I wouldn't expect you'd need anything more than that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I mean, I assume that if Kirtio had a stepmother, she's fall in love with him. Or rather I assume that all the ladies will fall in love with him because he's the best gamer that's ever lived.
The show only showed her briefly but we learnt she was a capable mother with a promising IT career. I hope they don't show anymore of her so that we know there is at least one likeable female on the show.

How does one even consider how to watch it.
While some may consider the series 1 broadcast order the only true way to experience the first time round I'd just recommend following the 2009 chronological order with both series 1 and 2 mixed up. And then you end it with the movie.

Emitan

iBqSEqPuWqBxH.gif

Yessss

Jex

Here's what I've dug up folks.

Hope this helps Motion. :) Even if it isn't the title you're looking for I'm going to have to check this out as it sounds and looks interesting.

Shit, I was going to recommend that movie but I'd never seen it myself. Darn.

Jex

The show only showed her briefly but we learnt she was a capable mother with a promising IT career. I hope they don't show anymore of her so that we know there is at least one likeable female on the show.

IT career huh? That definitely gives them enough leeway to have her play some kind of videogame!

Kazzy

The bad memories are already affecting your speech! ;P

Ignore me, I'm just spitting out Shakespeare references.

While some may consider the series 1 broadcast order the only true way to experience the first time round I'd just recommend following the 2009 chronological order with both series 1 and 2 mixed up. And then you end it with the movie.

I consider the chronological sequence to mess with the narrative (the irony, I see it), like causing the end of season one to be hilariously anti-climatic. But I guess it will at least offer a recovery period after "Endless Eight".

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Steroyd

If I had someone bludgeon me to give me amnesia so I can watch the next episode with a vague sense of de ja vu like Kyon, then It'd get the point across even more, the real trolling was that I watched 1 episode a week, instead of having it all available in one go.

The revelation at the end was stupid shit after all that to make things worse.

cajunator

Banned
I just watched it up through Super S over the last year or so, so nostalgia isn't a problem for me. And I wouldn't expect you'd need anything more than that.

To be honest, the whole concept of Sailor Moon is super exciting to me to find out what happens and how it builds up, but the slog through so many filler episodes is tiring.

Depends if you care about broadcast order for season one or not. It does give a fun view on stuff as it is a more interesting adventure with the ways the episodes were aired but it could get confusing with stuff out of sequence.

Otherwise, just watch in chronological order with all the season two episodes. Remember, watching all of Endless Eight is suggested otherwise what's the point?

I definitely plan to watch it all. no skipping!

Goddamn, cursed Hanekawa in underwear is purrfect!

Yes, I would have to agree just based on gifs alone.

a3z3j.png

Never stopped this guy.

Think it as buying 12 episodes for 4.

I've bought some things way overpriced before. Quite recently actually. Haruhi S2 seems like a decent investment.

When is there time for videogames? I thought the Japanese work cycle went:
Sleep -> Work -> Pub -> Sleep

Weak.

Thats like my work cycle when Im on my work week except without the drinking.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If I had someone bludgeon me to give me amnesia so I can watch the next episode with a vague sense of de ja vu like Kyon, then It'd get the point across even more, the real trolling was that I watched 1 episode a week, instead of having it all available in one go.

The revelation at the end was stupid shit after all that to make things worse.

Well I suppose I did have the advantage of watching it all in one go, but I did go in completely blind. I didn't even bother reading the title Endless Eight until the fifth episode HA HA HA.

Thats like my work cycle when Im on my work week except without the drinking.
So you still go to the pub but you don't drink? That's crazy!

Steroyd

Well I suppose I did have the advantage of watching it all in one go, but I did go in completely blind. I didn't even bother reading the title Endless Eight until the fifth episode HA HA HA.

Imagine being constantly trolled for 8 straight weeks, on a series I was looking forward to watching... the scar that will never heal, still haven't watched the movie. :(

cajunator

Banned

So you still go to the pub but you don't drink? That's crazy!

No I dont go to the pub XD

I just go straight home and sleep.
Its rather boring. the few hours I have between working and sleeping is not enough to really start watching anything except short 5 minute stuff and maybe a normal episode of something like Hidamari Sketch, because its standalone. I have to wait until times like now to marathon something.

Milamber

Oddly, now I kinda want to watch Queen's Blade out of the likely misguided belief that it couldn't possibly be like that. Curiosity, cats, etc.

Start with Asa Made Jugyou Chu! It's only a 1 episode OVA and it kinda eases you towards the other stuff.

Or you can just full barrel yourself down the waterfall that is Eiken!

trejo

When do we every troll people? Or rather, when have we ever trolled people so elaborately? It's just not the kind of thing we do! If everyone really likes it that's because they think it's good!

But it's not really that good at all. You just kinda sorta learn to cope with it eventually.

-Minsc-

Shit, I was going to recommend that movie but I'd never seen it myself. Darn.

It's hard to say if it's the one Motion is looking for. I just watched it and there are numerous aspects of his description which don't line up.

Some quick impressions, GoShogun: The Time Étranger

Different from what I was expecting. You would never know it was based of a mecha/giant robot TV series. Having not seen the GoShogun TV series didn't hamper my viewing. In a way it has some fairly graphic moments. It was a pleasant change of pace having an entirely adult cast. For anyone looking for a good female lead I say Remy fits the bill. While not the team leader she is certainly the focus of the movie. There just seems to be the right mix of independence and femininity. The movie gives me the impression she is a part of the team and not a token female character tacked on (watching the TV series my alter this, but hey it's the movie i'm talking about there :) ).

Anyways I'll leave it at that. If you have a hankering for something from the 80's I say give it a go.

jbug617

Banned
I think I might have o revise my top ten. Girls Und Panzer is hitting the rights spots or me right now. My top half will be unchanged but I'm going to shuffle the bottom half.

Shakugan no Shana 13

And here I thought we were going to go through an episode without an outburst.

Very nice action-y episode. Kinda surprising how quickly we're going through villains now though I guess my idea of arcs is getting skewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom