• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nekomonogatari End
wxirl.jpg
I don't think anyone is about to accuse you of this Nisio. I still don't think this was very helpful or meaningful as an arc. It is inferior to Bake in every way without feeling very fresh.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 21

Wow, Sword Art Online really is the smartest anime in years! A tentacle rape scene without censorship? That's true genius if I've ever seen it. It was so amazing I couldn't even focus on the hilarious cousincest dialogue or sudden furry paedophilia!

Truly a modern classic.

You bet!

cajunator

Banned
Nekomonogatari End

I don't think anyone is about to accuse you of this Nisio. I still don't think this was very helpful or meaningful as an arc. It is inferior to Bake in every way without feeling very fresh.

How long was Neko supposed to be?
Bake is still my favorite in the monagatari line.

People have different tastes in what they want to watch. I don't really care if someone watched it and didn't like it, at least they gave it a try!

How can anyone not want to love THIS:
W0qqy.jpg

Edit: At this point, it's just fighting nature ;_; Yui is like fried chicken... if you don't love it then something's wrong with you!

IIRC Index
can use a little bit of magic but St Georges Holy Sanctuary wasn't her using magic but the emergency protection spell the church put in her
. It has been a while since I watched the anime/ read the first novel though.

Thanks. Yeah that was it, they addressed it in the next episode.

A certain magical index 6
tumblr_mg37hvF8aF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Finally finished the first disc, pretty good dub. Anyway loved the whole battle and trio teamup, hope theres more.
All my wasted tears when the dragonbreath/feather touched touma and then he was hospitalized and lost his memories, then fooled Index...but then I guess he did lose them even though he told her he didnt. Sneaky. Wonder how he and Stiyl will handled the Deep Blood thing

firehawk12

Subete no aware
9NuYM.jpg

For anyone interested, the Sentai release of Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is strangely packed with many Japanese exclusive features that typically don't make it to western releases. Specifically, the big "feature" for this set (beyond the soundtrack CD) is the inclusion of 2 hours of subbed radio dramas/interviews that came with the original Japanese releases. It's one of the first times I've seen what is an audio-only bonus feature make it over in this manner.

I have no idea how Sentai decides which series will get the "premium" treatment, but at this point they are probably the best anime licensor in America and if you like a series, you want them to pick it up. They get stuff that even NISA and Rightstuf can't get on their releases.

duckroll

Some updated box office results for anime:

Box office totals for films which opened from Nov 2011 to Nov 2012:
Evangelion 3.0 - 4.78 billion yen (7th week, current estimated total takings by the end of the run is 5.3 to 5.5 billion yen)
Wolf Children - 4.22 billion yen (total)
Doraemon 2012 - 3.62 billion yen (total)
Pokemon 2012 - 3.61 billion yen (total)

December 2012 films:
One Piece Film Z - 4.71 billion yen in 19 days
Blue Exorcist - 0.16 billion yen (first weekend)

Sources:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2020317/
http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/special/page/339/2/#movie
http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/movie/1357180148/

Nafe

goddamnit Nafe I think I love you too.
Also, the opportunity to see Sailor Venus and her awesomely pretty and elegant attacks is going to spur me on to keep watching. She has not shown up yet.

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if you did. Do you remember around what episode you have watched up to? As a little bit of trivia, you'll technically hear Sailor Venus before seeing her as her seiyuu,Rica Fukami, does the voice of another character just a few episodes beforehand. We'll see if you can guess who when you get there.

http://i.imgur.com/9NuYM.jpg[IMG]

For anyone interested, the Sentai release of [B]Ikoku Meiro no Croisée[/B] is strangely packed with many Japanese exclusive features that typically don't make it to western releases. Specifically, the big "feature" for this set (beyond the soundtrack CD) is the inclusion of 2 hours of subbed radio dramas/interviews that came with the original Japanese releases. It's one of the first times I've seen what is an audio-only bonus feature make it over in this manner.

I have no idea how Sentai decides which series will get the "premium" treatment, but at this point they are probably the best anime licensor in America and if you like a series, you want them to pick it up. They get stuff that even NISA and Rightstuf can't get on their releases.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's pretty interesting and sounds like a good deal for the English speaking audience. I wonder how subtitled audio only will work though. I guess in this case they'll just put up static pictures of whoever's talking or something?

Some updated box office results for anime:

Box office totals for films which opened from Nov 2011 to Nov 2012:
Evangelion 3.0 - 4.78 billion yen (7th week, current estimated total takings by the end of the run is 5.3 to 5.5 billion yen)
Wolf Children - 4.22 billion yen (total)
Doraemon 2012 - 3.62 billion yen (total)
Pokemon 2012 - 3.61 billion yen (total)

December 2012 films:
One Piece Film Z - 4.71 billion yen in 19 days
Blue Exorcist - 0.16 billion yen (first weekend)

Sources:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2020317/
http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/special/page/339/2/#movie
http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/movie/1357180148/

Cwarrior redeemed.

Jex

Wait, there's a timetable we're sticking too!? I figured it was when the new year ticked over.

Well it's not in the OP so I can see why people would be confused. For reference:

Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Mouryou no Hako - Wednesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

Starting Monday next week (January 7th)

I'll be posting this again in the coming days in case anyone who was interested missed it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, that's pretty interesting and sounds like a good deal for the English speaking audience. I wonder how subtitled audio only will work though. I guess in this case they'll just put up static pictures of whoever's talking or something?
There are no pictures at all. Just a generic background with the yellow subtitles in the middle of the screen. It's not necessarily the most elegant thing ever, but it's really the best anyone who does radio dramas can do. lol

cajunator

Banned
K-On! 05

This episode was quite cute despite having Azunyan in it.
While the older girls are away on senior trip, Azu and her friends ui and Jun hang out together. to Azu's credit she is much less panderbait in this episode and more of an actual person. Still not fond of her though. Jun likes to read manga. She cant find that damned volume 6. My roommate is a manga fiend so I know all about that sort of thing. Thats why I stick to anime. I like how this episode was timed to the previous one with the seniors on the trip with that little phone call where they get lost. Neat little touch. then they all get bored and try playing some music. At this point, the other girls are back and everything is happysqueejoy. They give Azu a souvenir which is
a pendant with part of the phrase "Light music Club"
. D'awww. *hugs the show

Also, Sawako > all for obvious reasons, but amongst the girls:

Ritsu > Mio > Ui > bedhair Jun > Jun > Mugi > Nodoka > Yui > Azunyan

9NuYM.jpg

For anyone interested, the Sentai release of Ikoku Meiro no Croisée is strangely packed with many Japanese exclusive features that typically don't make it to western releases. Specifically, the big "feature" for this set (beyond the soundtrack CD) is the inclusion of 2 hours of subbed radio dramas/interviews that came with the original Japanese releases. It's one of the first times I've seen what is an audio-only bonus feature make it over in this manner.

I have no idea how Sentai decides which series will get the "premium" treatment, but at this point they are probably the best anime licensor in America and if you like a series, you want them to pick it up. They get stuff that even NISA and Rightstuf can't get on their releases.

Strangely, you might be right about that.
First Infinite Stratos with that bonus stuff and this too. I was pleasantly surprised to get the Croisee set and notice it was heavier than a typical set, and then find that CD because I thought it was just going to be a barebones typical Sentai release but...NOPE! Instead I have my uber cute Croisee show and swag along with it. Sentai you confound me, but I shall keep supporting you!

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind if you did. Do you remember around what episode you have watched up to? As a little bit of trivia, you'll technically hear Sailor Venus before seeing her as her seiyuu,Rica Fukami, does the voice of another character just a few episodes beforehand. We'll see if you can guess who when you get there.

Huh? I didn't know she voiced other characters in Sailor moon. Well I'll keep an ear out.
I'm on episode 28 I'm pretty sure.

Nafe

There are no pictures at all. Just a generic background with the yellow subtitles in the middle of the screen. It's not necessarily the most elegant thing ever, but it's really the best anyone who does radio dramas can do. lol

Oh, so you actually have the set then? I thought this was some kind of announcement they posted about on their site or something. Yeah, it doesn't sound the most elegant but it's definitely better than nothing, plus being audio only, it's not like there were pictures in the first place anyway.

Huh? I didn't know she voiced other characters in Sailor moon. Well I'll keep an ear out.
I'm on episode 28 I'm pretty sure.

She actually voices two more characters technically. I won't give anymore away yet.

OceanBlue

The 8-bit avatars are a ManGAF thing. A very nice person is making tons of avatars for people there. They're really impressive.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, so you actually have the set then? I thought this was some kind of announcement they posted about on their site or something. Yeah, it doesn't sound the most elegant but it's definitely better than nothing, plus being audio only, it's not like there were pictures in the first place anyway.

She actually voices two more characters technically. I won't give anymore away yet.

I have it as well but haven't opened it yet. I've seen the show so its a matter of when I want to watch it again but I had to own it because its another one of those little happyjoy soulfood shows I love so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom