• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tsuritama 1

Visually this reminds me of something out of a Dr. Seuss book. I'm surprised that the show has no self-narration or anything like that. Rather, it embraces the idea of just taking things in and sticks with something rather simple. It's a nice and charming show.

cajunator

Banned
Tsuritama 1

Visually this reminds me of something out of a Dr. Seuss book. I'm surprised that the show has no self-narration or anything like that. Rather, it embraces the idea of just taking things in and sticks with something rather simple. It's a nice and charming show.

Even the grandmother is moe in Tsuritama.

OceanBlue

Girls und Pander 07

Am I weird that I find the tank geekery super cute and fun and hilarious but think the actual tank battles are hardly riveting? And I'm not talking just about the bad CGI.

P.S. No panty shots allowed, what a classy cartoon.

If that's weird, I guess I'm weird too. The tank battles aren't awful, but I haven't ever felt really excited for one. I just take them as a nice change of pace from the cuteness, which is why I'm watching the show.

Shakugan no Shana 21

PdQKP.jpg

WHY CAN'T YOU EVER TAKE A HINT YOU ARE NOT WANTED

Besides that, at least the plot is finally going places. I guess it is the normals time to shine or whatever.

Jex

[Nekomonogatari]- Final

Good end to a good arc. Good. Etc. It almost watches the stench of Nisemonogatari away but because it opened with that awful sister scene unfortunately it's still a tainted product. Still, it reminded me why I liked the series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, so you actually have the set then? I thought this was some kind of announcement they posted about on their site or something. Yeah, it doesn't sound the most elegant but it's definitely better than nothing, plus being audio only, it's not like there were pictures in the first place anyway.

She actually voices two more characters technically. I won't give anymore away yet.
Yeah, it was a blind buy for me. There's also a short behind the scenes promo thing and all the OVAs, but the radio dramas were what surprised me because there is no video content to go with them.

---

Speaking of radio dramas, I rediscovered the fanlation of ARIA the Origination - Fairies of Tomorrow from way back when:
Translation: http://yukibata.tumblr.com/post/31393355668/aria-of-continuation
Drama CD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efz8PHCil4

And oh my god:
Alicia: After I left Aria Company, there’ve been countless times when I’ve felt disheartened. At a time like this, it’d be nice if Akari-chan and President Aria were here, or…

Akari: Alicia-san did that…?

Aria-sachou: Punyu?

Alicia: But you see, at times like that I’ve made a habit of nostalgizing to my heart’s content.

Akari: Ah…

Alicia: The things that were fun and the things that surprised me back then are all connected to now, after all. Every single memory gives the me of now strength.

Akari: Nostalgizing.. to your heart’s content…

Alicia: Yes. That’s why, I think that the now that keeps changing is something you also have to treasure. So that your tomorrow’s self can keep smiling on.

Akari: Yes!

:firehawk... so damn :firehawk.

I want to rewatch Aria so hard.
(Speaking of which, Aria is probably the best Rightstuf/Nozomi release they've ever done in terms of extras).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tsuritama 2

This show is extremely easygoing but at the same time it's very serious. It's so pointless but it has meaning in many ways. In short, this show has many dichromatic descriptions accompanying it. Hell, why am I analyzing this show. It's just fun to watch.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, it was a blind buy for me. There's also a short behind the scenes promo thing and all the OVAs, but the radio dramas were what surprised me because there is no video content to go with them.

---

Speaking of radio dramas, I rediscovered the fanlation of ARIA the Origination - Fairies of Tomorrow from way back when:
Translation: http://yukibata.tumblr.com/post/31393355668/aria-of-continuation
Drama CD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efz8PHCil4

And oh my god:

:firehawk... so damn :firehawk.

I want to rewatch Aria so hard.
(Speaking of which, Aria is probably the best Rightstuf/Nozomi release they've ever done in terms of extras).

Aria was a blind buy for me (and I justp icked up all of it because it was on sale) but Croisee was a show I ended up watching solely because of a youtube vid of yune going nuts over cheese and coffee. Its one of the most insanely adorable things ever.

OceanBlue

Aria was a blind buy for me (and I justp icked up all of it because it was on sale) but Croisee was a show I ended up watching solely because of a youtube vid of yune going nuts over cheese and coffee. Its one of the most insanely adorable things ever.

I still need to finish Croisee. Does it keep the same pacing it had in the beginning of the show?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I still need to finish Croisee. Does it keep the same pacing it had in the beginning of the show?
For the most part, yeah. They introduce a final conflict to try to give the ending some energy, but it's really not that kind of show.

Croisee is basically Aria-light. Aria is where you go for the pure, uncut :firehawk.

OceanBlue

For the most part, yeah. They introduce a final conflict to try to give the ending some energy, but it's really not that kind of show.

Croisee is basically Aria-light. Aria is where you go for the pure, uncut :firehawk.

Pretty much. Its slow going. Its never overly exciting or anything. Kind of a rainy day cute show to relax to.

Sounds good to me. A weird tone shift would be more uncomfortable than welcome for me with this type of show.

Shakugan no Shana 22

YESSSSS!!! They kicked away the normals so some of the decent cast members can rush the final boss castle and save the princess.

Besides all this name calling, I'm ok with where this plot is going.

cajunator

Banned
So a little osmething silly I was wondering regarding japanese homes in winter. Ok so to keep warm they have heaters and kotatsus. What about when they have to step away, say to take a bath. Do they just freeze to death in there or do they have ways to warm the washroom too?

Pooya

[Nekomonogatari]- Final

Good end to a good arc. Good. Etc. It almost watches the stench of Nisemonogatari away but because it opened with that awful sister scene unfortunately it's still a tainted product. Still, it reminded me why I liked the series.

you mean washes? :p
I agree completely, felt the same after seeing it, maybe rest of the series lives up to Bake.

Narag

Rurouni Kenshin 19

Can someone please give me a list on whats cannon and whats filler, I swear the filler I've watched so far out weighs the cannon at least 4:1 I don't even remember what canon looks like anymore so am not sure.

I've never seen a shounen anime that starts with this much filler since fma 1.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=512283 Found this but cannot attest to accuracy. No filler listed in season 2 is probably why that was so good.

Uchip

Banned
So a little osmething silly I was wondering regarding japanese homes in winter. Ok so to keep warm they have heaters and kotatsus. What about when they have to step away, say to take a bath. Do they just freeze to death in there or do they have ways to warm the washroom too?

what do you mean?
its not that cold because its still part of the indoors, and the water is hot?
not entirely sure what you are asking

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's based off of the original story using designs from the first manga.

cajunator

Banned
what do you mean?
its not that cold because its still part of the indoors, and the water is hot?
not entirely sure what you are asking

Because a lot of japanese houses arent centrally heated so it can be warm in the central room and fucking freezing everywhere else. so I wondered what its like to take a bath in those conditions. I found an answer though.

He's cajun, he doesn't know what it's like to live in the cold.

Well, thats true, but also in Japan they do things quite a bit differently from the west with regards to heating homes. I found out some of the differences last year and have been kind of researching about it now and then out of curiosity.

Because a lot of japanese houses arent centrally heated so it can be warm in the central room and fucking freezing everywhere else. so I wondered what its like to take a bath in those conditions. I found an answer though.

Well, thats true, but also in Japan they do things quite a bit differently from the west with regards to heating homes. I found out some of the differences last year and have been kind of researching about it now and then out of curiosity.

Can't be any worse than having to use an outhouse in the winter.

cajunator

Banned
Can't be any worse than having to use an outhouse in the winter.

They dont insulate houses or use double paned glass. Drafts and cold air just flows through the house. I'd actually like to experience what thats like to sleep in for just one night in dead of winter in Japan. The coldest I ever was personally was in Boy Scouts I had to build a survival lean-to shelter out of palmetto leaves and branches in 20 degree weather to sleep in. My feet were super cold, the edge of my sleeping bag was frozen. Its not fun.

Uchip

Banned
They dont insulate houses or use double paned glass. Drafts and cold air just flows through the house. I'd actually like to experience what thats like to sleep in for just one night in dead of winter in Japan. The coldest I ever was personally was in Boy Scouts I had to build a survival lean-to shelter out of palmetto leaves and branches in 20 degree weather to sleep in. My feet were super cold, the edge of my sleeping bag was frozen. Its not fun.

In Osaka we had electric blankets, it was not cold at all, and it snowed
In Tokyo, the small heater was enough to keep the smallish apartment warm enough

maybe if you went out to some farm house it would be freezing

I slept in the snow in bellow zero temperatures. It's actually warmer to sleep in the snow, than out of it. Imagine that.

fertygo

If that's weird, I guess I'm weird too. The tank battles aren't awful, but I haven't ever felt really excited for one. I just take them as a nice change of pace from the cuteness, which is why I'm watching the show.

yeah you are weird, moment like in eps 8 that what make the show special.

cajunator

Banned
In Osaka we had electric blankets, it was not cold at all, and it snowed
In Tokyo, the small heater was enough to keep the smallish apartment warm enough

maybe if you went out to some farm house it would be freezing

Theres a bunch of stuff on youtube with modern day people using many of the same things. It probably depends on where you live too. One dude said his house was a couple degrees C colder than THE INSIDE OF HIS FRIDGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom