• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
#yeah

Gyrozetter 12

gyro12.jpg

Holy shit, these new Gyrozetter's FUCKING OWN.

gyro12.gif

Kazzy

The amount of K-On in this thread. ARG> I"M DYINGGGGGGGGGGG

Honestly, I wouldn't even like to be remotely associated with the show. I just find it stupid pointlessness.

You need to stop talking about it, then!

People have different tastes in what they want to watch. I don't really care if someone watched it and didn't like it, at least they gave it a try!

Shush, you should scorn those who don't appreciate the masterwork.

Speaking of Squid girl S2...why doesn't the US have it on Bluray yet?
We have S1. Dont leave us hanging!

Ah, so there was a season two. It was something I was wondering myself, as I almost bought the first blu-ray during the Rightstuf sale.

Well Media Blasters have the license so pretty much a crapshoot at this point.

They did have a DVD release part for part 1 of season 2 scheduled for 3/12/13 but removed that.

That's unfortunate...

Girls und Pander 07

Am I weird for thinking the tank geekery is super cute and fun and hilarious but find the actual tank battles are hardly riveting? And I'm not talking just about the bad CGI.

P.S. No panty shots allowed, what a classy cartoon.

What!? The tanks battles are probably my favourite part of the entire show, which is just as well, because they form the bulk of the episodes. And I thought they did a good job of keeping them interesting, and it's tanks, so I commend them for maintaining that.

I suck at this.

No, Chet, you're drawing on a tablet, a console one at that. I think that you can rest easy.

/XX/

This episode would have been a lot shorter had the girl from the Duck Team realised she only had to fire straight in front of her to win. Miho aside, these girls have very little in the realm of common sense.
We discussed this before, but one possibility is that at close range it wouldn't hit because of the height. Remember what happened in ep4? I agree they should have tried though! Lol.
By consensus and theoretically speaking; the short barreled Type 90 57mm tank gun of the Type 89 Medium Tank couldn't have possibly, even equipped with armor-piercing shells (AP), penetrate the approx. 50mm of solid steel angled at 5-degrees on the sides of the M4 Sherman. The Type 89 was a infantry combat vehicle and possibly the most inappropriate tank for this kind of 'panzerfahren' battle tournament thingy... and that is why, with their dedication even on the most difficult circumstances and with the most unfavorable equipment, the Team Duck is Team GUTS!

Or why do you think they rely so much on the PzKpfw IV Ausf. D & StuG III Ausf. F (a Tank Destroyer) as the "front-runners" of the formations?

Stop wasting your GIFs on this thread.
Come on! Those can be shared with everyone here instead of been secluded to one thread... the same happens with all the posters there! We aren't that bad... right?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online 20

The fight against red fairy man was pretty cool I guess. Probably the best in the series so far, but that isn't really saying much.
Am I the only one who found this fight hilarious. That red bloke was pulling some of the most ridiculous faces I've seen in a long time. He didn't even look human half the time.

There are no pictures at all. Just a generic background with the yellow subtitles in the middle of the screen. It's not necessarily the most elegant thing ever, but it's really the best anyone who does radio dramas can do. lol
Aren't some radio dramas based off of manga chapters they never animated. I suppose you could show the relevant panels to give some visual feedback.

I suck at this.
Time to add another AnimeGAFfer. So you don't feel embarrassed on your lonesome here's my terrible attempt at the japanimation style.
iOYa7zgtPDnyz.jpg

Only for the button, so it's both Yeah! and Yeah.

how devious
Actually the button's text changes to reflect the mood of the poster so you can get "Yeah..." "Yeah♥" and "Yeah?" for example.

Kazzy

Time to add another AnimeGAFfer. So you don't feel embarrassed on your lonesome here's my terrible attempt at the japanimation style.

As long as it's not a stick figure, I'll be impressed! I find drawing on tablets and the like to difficult, so you're producing better efforts than I could would.

Reknoc

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah boi

On an off-topic note; I found out the Gintama Movie is out here thanks to GAF ads. Not sure how I managed to miss it, guess manga ent are too busy tweeting about whatever other garbage they're releasing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah boi

On an off-topic note; I found out the Gintama Movie is out here thanks to GAF ads. Not sure how I managed to miss it, guess manga ent are too busy tweeting about whatever other garbage they're releasing.

GAF ads are acting strangely for me; they literally only appear to show me ads for new anime releases so basically I never see them. Apparently one year posting here has meant Google assumes it's the only thing I'm in to. No more Chinese dating sites for me then.

Cwarrior

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=512283 Found this but cannot attest to accuracy. No filler listed in season 2 is probably why that was so good.

Thanks a lot for this, I've just started comparing it to the manga the current episode am watching with some thunder god swordsman rich son arc/ep is very very different from it's manga counter part, lots of focus on the kid and minor filler characters.

Some updated box office results for anime:

Box office totals for films which opened from Nov 2011 to Nov 2012:
Evangelion 3.0 - 4.78 billion yen (7th week, current estimated total takings by the end of the run is 5.3 to 5.5 billion yen)
Wolf Children - 4.22 billion yen (total)
Doraemon 2012 - 3.62 billion yen (total)
Pokemon 2012 - 3.61 billion yen (total)

December 2012 films:
One Piece Film Z - 4.71 billion yen in 19 days
Blue Exorcist - 0.16 billion yen (first weekend)

Sources:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2020317/
http://www.oricon.co.jp/entertainment/special/page/339/2/#movie
http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/movie/1357180148/

Very close

Cwarrior redeemed.

I think I would require to be undeemed before I can be redeemed isn't that how it works?who knows anyways am expecting the new dbz movie to also post very big numbers.

fertygo

Nekomonogatari (Black)
That's really good, Hanekawa is the best girl indeed.
This also recover some bad taste that Nise left to me.. but man.. Oshino are the gaping hole, he give the show balance. I hope he back soon or other character can fill his hole, the creepy guy in nise not doing that. (yet?)
Shinsekai Yori today! :D

JoJo!

cajunator

Banned
Cross posting from AOTY thread:

What I'm saying is vote for Wasurenagumo.

I would...except
fuck that ending

Is Iori from Kokoro Connect the worst anime character since Suzuka?

Hell no. not even close!

Kizu and Kabuki are better as long as you're not a raving mad Hitagi fan.

But..I am a huge Hitagi fan ;_;

You guys are all better at this than I am...

Well for what its worth I can easily tell thats Madoka and Kyubey.

It's a post-New-Year's mini-miracle! A new OAD of Squid Girl is on the way in June, bundled with manga volume 14.

SkUkm.gif

jgminto

Sword Art Online 22

This episode was fantastic. Quick question, does anyone have a gif of Kirito getting impaled by all of those swords? It was amazing. For such a pro gamer, Kirito really needs to work on his health management. Pop a health potion, bro, you can't DPS solo any other way. So it finally happened, Suguha finally confessed her cousincestual desires for Kirito.
9Du24.png

"Dude, my own cousin!? I wonder if Asuna would mind?"
While Suguha is correct that they aren't truly brother and sister, she doesn't seem to grasp that they are still cousins and the risk of birth defects are still quite high. Well, as long as Kirito remembers to pull out everything should be fine. I really don't give a shit about any of these people. This bullshit fan service romance plot is so contrived and heavy handed that I should feel incredibly insulted, but then I remember I'm watching Sword Art Online.

Decided to look into Hyouka and Tsuritama after seeing the large amount of praise that those two shows were receiving in the AOTY thread. I've only started Hyouka so far.

Hyouka ep 1-2

When people said this show had great production values, they weren't kidding. This is my first KyoAni show so I guess you could say it came as a surprise to see how great the animation actually is for what kind of show this seems to be on the surface.
The framing and art direction both stood out to me, especially in the first episode. I definitely haven't seen many shows, but I was certainly "wowed" by some of the visual tricks they did, like with the various stories told within these two episodes.
The dialogue and characters seem to be a step above the usual stuff even after just two episodes. I'm not entirely sure where it's going, but reading about how it's not truly about the mysteries as well as the show being quite the slow burn certainly have me interested. Or maybe I should say I'm very curious instead!

Go_Ly_Dow

Sword Art Online 22
While Suguha is correct that they aren't truly brother and sister, she doesn't seem to grasp that they are still cousins and the risk of birth defects are still quite high. Well, as long as Kirito remembers to pull out everything should be fine. I really don't give a shit about any of these people. This bullshit fan service romance plot is so contrived and heavy handed that I should feel incredibly insulted, but then I remember I'm watching Sword Art Online.

:/

SAO is all kinds of trash.

Decided to look into Hyouka and Tsuritama after seeing the large amount of praise that those two shows were receiving in the AOTY thread. I've only started Hyouka so far.

Hyouka ep 1-2

When people said this show had great production values, they weren't kidding. This is my first KyoAni show so I guess you could say it came as a surprise to see how great the animation actually is for what kind of show this seems to be on the surface.

Enjoy. You will be surprised at how consistent the production values are.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 22

This episode was fantastic. Quick question, does anyone have a gif of Kirito getting impaled by all of those swords? It was amazing. For such a pro gamer, Kirito really needs to work on his health management. Pop a health potion, bro, you can't DPS solo any other way. So it finally happened, Suguha finally confessed her cousincestual desires for Kirito.

Bingo. Biggest problem with this show is that its hard to give a damn about anyone in it so I didnt care what happened anyway. (except Silica and Lisbeth. I totally gave a damn about them, and I kind of liked Klein's character too :/)
As for the others, if they disappeared they would just be replaced by another cardboard cutout. nobody would care.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sword Art Online 22

What's really funny is that despite the incestuous nature of Suguha's desire for Kirito she's STILL a better option than Blandsuna.

It's a post-New-Year's mini-miracle! A new OAD of Squid Girl is on the way in June, bundled with manga volume 14.

:D

Bingo. Biggest problem with this show is that its hard to give a damn about anyone in it so I didnt care what happened anyway. (except Silica and Lisbeth. I totally gave a damn about them, and I kind of liked Klein's character too :/)
As for the others, if they disappeared they would just be replaced by another cardboard cutout. nobody would care.

i really don't understand why you guys are so focused on lizbeth and silica . they're not bad characters but i don't get why you're all focused on those charactes. what did they do to deserve this praise ?

Westlo

i really don't understand why you guys are so focused on lizbeth and silica . they're not bad characters but i don't get why you're all focused on those charactes. what did they do to deserve this praise ?

Not be Asuna from the looks of it.

Phantom Bullet Girl >>>>> them.

jgminto

Sword Art Online 23

"Maybe that strange feeling of not fitting in was one of the things that drove me to online gaming." They really seem to be reaching with trying to connect to their target audience.

So Kirito really just leaves Suguha hanging? He still hasn't come back to the real world so he can't decide whether or not he wants an incestual relationship yet? What a non-committal bastard. He's just stalling for time! Lots of really shitty CG battling going on this episode, worse than any I've seen prior in the series. I couldn't even tell what was going on for a lot of it.
SYi1i.png

The fuck is this!?
Luckily cat loli and big boob lady arrived just in time to help deus ex machina their way through the unidentifiable mass and and Kirito was able to use his full dual wielding potential, which he wasn't using for some reason up until now.
G8ZnP.png

The fuck is that!?
QuT5o.png

What's wrong with your face!?
So using his special ability fucks up his face? So that's why he doesn't use it. Even Kirito's gaming prowess couldn't save him with that ugly mug. Asuna wouldn't even want him. I'm on the home stretch. I can feel it! I'll finally be rid of this horrible show!

Silica is total fan service/tentacle bait and Lisbeth was just an excuse for an early love triangle that lasted less than an episode. Klein is the only one I ever want to see again. EVER! But I don't really want to see him that much either.

And even then they really got the short shrift. Really irritating, especially in retrospect.

cajunator

Banned

They have a personality of some kind, even if it was a small minor one.
They at least felt more like real people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom