• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Well, the Gurren Lagann BD-BOX might be super expensive, but it's certainly packed to the brim with stuff: the entire TV series, both movies, all the Parallel Works shorts, the Sweet Stars music video, even the OVA episode that came with the DS game -- and all of it re-filmed in HD under Imaishi's supervision. It also throws in a few drama CDs and two illustration books for the hell of it.
Hmm, re-composited for HD, subs, plus all the ancillary visual works..

I might buy it...lol

Jex

Well, the Gurren Lagann BD-BOX might be super expensive, but it's certainly packed to the brim with stuff: the entire TV series, both movies, all the Parallel Works shorts, the Sweet Stars music video, even the OVA episode that came with the DS game -- and all of it re-filmed in HD under Imaishi's supervision. It also throws in a few drama CDs and two illustration books for the hell of it.
Well that's the least they could do considering the asking price! Well, actually I suppose the could basically do nothing but that wouldn't work out very well for them in the long run.

Come on! Those can be shared with everyone here instead of been secluded to one thread... the same happens with all the posters there! We aren't that bad... right?
Hahahaha
Time to add another AnimeGAFfer. So you don't feel embarrassed on your lonesome here's my terrible attempt at the japanimation style.
iOYa7zgtPDnyz.jpg

Actually the button's text changes to reflect the mood of the poster so you can get "Yeah..." "Yeah♥" and "Yeah?" for example.
Yeah♥
I have to add you now. And yeah, I'm not good at it either, drawing on the Super Wii tablet thing takes a lot of getting used to. :/
I think I'm getting the hang of it now.
You guys are all better at this than I am...
I like it!
You're all too self-deprecating, I like these!

If I'm not, who will be?

Maoyu 1
tumblr_mg41s2h3AE1qanuvko2_500.gif

The concept is alright but I think they could have had a more exciting and interesting first episode. Yuusha has a cool and epic sword, but why we not see him fight with in the episode instead of just sitting and chatting, not that I dont mind hearing his voice (sounds like K's Yata Misaki, or Arcana Famiglia's, Liberta). I liked the medieval body pillow. Also wish there was a less focus on oppai.

Milamber

Maoyu 1

The concept is alright but I think they could have had a more exciting and interesting first episode. Yuusha has a cool and epic sword, but why we not see him fight with in the episode instead of just sitting and chatting, not that I dont mind hearing his voice (sounds like K's Yata Misaki, or Arcana Famiglia's, Liberta). I liked the medieval body pillow. Also wish there was a less focus on oppai.

But it is prevalent across all the media it's been in. You can't just remove one of the charm points of this series.

cajunator

Banned
Hahahaha

Yeah♥

I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

I like it!

If I'm not, who will be?

Add me if you haven't yet.

cajunator

Maoyu 1

This is already airing? I like how he's all "your boobs shall not sway my decision"

survivor

Banned
Maoyu 1

Well the other main female character has no boobs. Is that better for you? Also there will be a bro male character that will show up eventually so that might be something to look forward to.

Maoyu 1

2FWby.gif

Articalys

One of my problems is that, for most of his lines as Hero, Fukuyama is using almost the exact same voice he was just using for Yuuta. I get that Hero is supposed to be young, but it's still slightly distracting.

Also, I'm immensely worried for the production values of this show. Why couldn't it have gone to someone besides ARMS?

Theonik

Honestly, I wouldn't even like to be remotely associated with the show. I just find it stupid pointlessness.
kayon90 indeed

I suck at this.

Am I the only one who found this fight hilarious. That red bloke was pulling some of the most ridiculous faces I've seen in a long time. He didn't even look human half the time.

Aren't some radio dramas based off of manga chapters they never animated. I suppose you could show the relevant panels to give some visual feedback.

Time to add another AnimeGAFfer. So you don't feel embarrassed on your lonesome here's my terrible attempt at the japanimation style.
http://i.minus.com/iOYa7zgtPDnyz.jpg

Actually the button's text changes to reflect the mood of the poster so you can get "Yeah..." "Yeah♥" and "Yeah?" for example.

You guys are all better at this than I am...
Damn you guys and your art. ;_;

Articalys

Hiroaki Karasu, Masashi Kudo, studio ARMS: congratulations. You've come close to nearly ruining an enjoyable show with your character designs and cheap background CG.
Koshimizu did a good job with her role though, and we got cameos of all the major characters including Sawashiro's Female Knight, so it's not all bad.
The pastel-y backgrounds are okay too.

edit: fine, never mind. Apparently text macros are more disgusting than exaggerated breasts.

Maoyu 1

I like how they didn't properly animate her entering the frame. She just kind of slides into it.

Syrinx

Maoyu 1

What do you think she has to do to make sure her back doesn't snap like a twig?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
May have to take up this show just to make gifs.

Or I can hand over the pleasure to my new student.

Go_Ly_Dow

Someone get a doctor in here, I don't think Chet can survive another .gif!

Rich Man, Poor Woman 2
Great episode.
Sawaki is cute as hell.
Hyuga is a swag mofo.

Woop. Glad you're enjoying it!

On the few occasions people actually listen to me they don't regret it!

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 01

WORDS. LOTS OF WORDS.

But I liked it. The Demon King is adorable and quite a fun character. The Hero is quite a DT. All the dialogue was fun and I like this spin on a typical hero saving the world etc story. This is also much more interesting than when I took Economics 001A.

Soma

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 01

iuLEs1P6AhuWz.jpg

Medieval bodypillow!

Man I should not have watched the last few episodes of Chuunibyou last night because all I hear is Dark Flame Master as Hero. The character designs are noticeably a step-down from the manga but they're definitely acceptable as far as an anime adaption goes. The CG backgrounds in some scenes were pretty unfortunate though (all I could think of was "man wonzo is gonna go to town on these scenes").

Not a bad first episode for me though. I like Demon Queen and the chemistry between her and Hero is pretty entertaining. As a fan of the manga I'm looking forward to seeing more of the world and really looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast.

Man I should not have watched the last few episodes of Chuunibyou last night because all I hear is Dark Flame Master as Hero. The character designs are noticeably a step-down from the manga but they're definitely acceptable as far as an anime adaption goes. The CG backgrounds in some scenes were pretty unfortunate though (all I could think of was "man wonzo is gonna go to town on these scenes").

Not a bad first episode for me though. I like Demon Queen and the chemistry between her and Hero is pretty entertaining. As a fan of the manga I'm looking forward to seeing more of the world and really looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast.

You aren't the only one. I'm hoping next week it won't feel as bad. Aside from that, fun episode.

survivor

Banned

The picture you posted has been bothering me. Why are there two Demon Queens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom