• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The fact you didn't continue sounds even more shameful.

Those were the happiest days of their lives.

Now it's just sleep->work->drink

Why did you kill it off? I was hoping the puns would K-Ontinue.

I wonder how common it is in Japan to actually live like that.
No wonder there's an obsession with youthfulness. Being an adult in Japan sounds like a shitty drag.

I got a shipping confirmation on Bodacious Space Pirates finally, along with BLoodC and Denpa Onna. Life is good.

K-On! 06

Its rainy season! (what is this, Louisiana?)
Ui wakes up Yui, and they walk to school in the rain.
Yui is very careful not to allow Geeta to get wet (even though its safe inside a case) but manages to fail in Yui-esque fashion and ends up flat on her butt soaking wet in the rain.
She gets to school and has to dry off. Her clothes being soaked, she has to wear a maid outfit until her clothes dry. I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH THIS. But then Nodoka comes in with an extra change of clothes and then ruins the moment. Thats why you're low on my tier list, Nodoka. Anyway, the girls help her iron out her clothing and they go home before it rains again.
Then Yui and her sister sing the cutest rain song in the world.
It rains again the next day, and Yui has a very ridiculous way of waterproofing her Geeta, so she reluctantly decides to leave it alongside Mio's Bass in the music room overnight. Naturally she cant sleep because she misses it.
The next day they retrieve their instruments.
The other girls catch Mio in the act of talking her Bass, Elizabass.
D'awwww.
This show is so hnnnnnngh.

And the best part is you still have a ways to go. Wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again. hnnnnnnnngh indeed :).

Got my Denpa Onna on the way as well. This will be my first time watching it...pretty excited.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just got a package from my buddy in Japan! :D We're exchanging New Years gifts. I sent him a 19 inch Galactus figure, some comics, and a Vita memory card, and he sent me the below! :D

IMG_0365_zpsdac33cb9.jpg

IMG_0366_zps3305f74f.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Just got a package from my buddy in Japan! :D We're exchanging New Years gifts. I sent him a 19 inch Galactus figure, some comics, and a Vita memory card, and he sent me the below! :D

I wish I had a buddy in Japan :(
Luck did not deem me fit for a buddy in Japan.

And the best part is you still have a ways to go. Wish I could go back and watch it for the first time again. hnnnnnnnngh indeed :).

Got my Denpa Onna on the way as well. This will be my first time watching it...pretty excited.

Its more quality hnnngh for the discerning customer. Erio is a miracle. Meme might be even more of a miracle. Sabababababababa Sababababababa

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 1

This episode felt like reading a one-shot manga, which is pretty faithful to how ch1 of most manga adaptations read... it looks like instead they banked on making the premise appealing via presentation(CG lol aside) rather than trying to spin the validity of it. I think this was probably a good idea, because my suspension of disbelief for the initial premise does seem to be a lot lower just from watching Demon Queen trying to sell it over the course of an episode. Honestly, the script probably wouldn't have been kept afloat if it wasn't Holo and YuutaLawrence driving it.

It also came off as kind of a one-shot sell in showing a lot of characters and flashbacks referencing events you normally don't even know about until much later. I guess there's some additional uncertainty about whether people will be interested in watching this or not.

All that being said, the beginning was definitely going to be one of the more awkward parts to adapt, and it ended up being far from terrible, so I'm looking forward to the rest of this adaptation. (Especially can't wait for more Female Knight.)

RurouniZel

Very nicely done! That Azunyan on the right in particular looks very cute.

Yeah, apparently he found them for super cheap too, which is awesome. :D

I wish I had a buddy in Japan :(
Luck did not deem me fit for a buddy in Japan.

I met him through a friend on Facebook, so it was just super lucky. And even then we're lucky in that we just happen to love most of the same things. ^^;

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of things looking worse than Kirito, have you seen his figma? Manages to make him look worse than boring. And somehow it's the most preordered item in its category on AmiAmi.

I noticed it on the front page before. I can understand the popularity of a lot of shows, but Sword Art Online seriously baffles me. Unless people just REALLY connect with MMO style anime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Speaking of things looking worse than Kirito, have you seen his figma? Manages to make him look worse than boring. And somehow it's the most preordered item in its category on AmiAmi.

Didn't one of the Asuna figures sell out on AmiAmi within an hour or something. Like Jedward one will never know why it's popular. Then again the Link figma sold well (and is sought after on GAF) and his face looked derped as hell.

And because I forgot yesterday.
ib1jaMP6qe01Sr.gif

cajunator

Banned
Didn't one of the Asuna figures sell out on AmiAmi within an hour or something. Like Jedward one will never know why it's popular. Then again the Link figma sold well (and is sought after on GAF) and his face looked derped as hell.

And because I forgot yesterday.
ib1jaMP6qe01Sr.gif

Damn, they even managed to make Miki look cute.

I noticed it on the front page before. I can understand the popularity of a lot of shows, but Sword Art Online seriously baffles me. Unless people just REALLY connect with MMO style anime.

And even if they do, there is more to the show than just the MMO backdrop, so they must be seeing something that we're not. But to each their own *shrug*.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Miki seems to be the Marmite of the iDOLs. Seems people either have her as their favourite or they despise her.

And like Marmite the latter camp is the correct one.

Defuser

Its perfectly acceptable to want the weapons, because those were pretty cool (and lovingly crafted by best girl)

Sucks to be a 1/6 scale weapon collector. I know Capcom and Koei sold miniature weapons of their games but I don't see any merchandise for 1/6 scales anime weapons.

I already got a shitload of katanas, rifles, pistols but no anime weapons.

cajunator

Banned
Sucks to be a 1/6 scale weapon collector. I know Capcom and Koei sold miniature weapons of their games but I don't see any merchandise for 1/6 scales anime weapons.

most folks seem to make their own for cosplay and events.
The truly dedicated will find a metal shop somewhere and get a real blade.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If the sword's worth $50~ish to you, of course not. I've bought a figma/nendo here and there more for the accessories than the actual figure.

I'm new to this whole world of Nendo, but are there people out there who stock up on loads of them and then sell the parts separately? This happens in the LEGO community as a way to stock up on individual pieces.

-Minsc-

Dragon Ball Absalon 01

Well the music wasn't total arse! Just mostly arse.

Why did I watch this in the first place? Curiosity is a bad thing.

I think it's good for what it is, a fan animation. A lot of work obviously went in to it so I give them props for that. And hey, the story so far is no worse than anything in GT.

Syrinx

Sailor Moon 29

Both Usagi and Makoto have the hots for Motoki. At least Makoto can cook and clean though. thats why she's a much better waifu than you, Usagi.
They don't realize he's already with Reika. Too bad your love quadrangle just fell apart before it started girls. Meanwhile, those pesky henchmen named after minerals muddle up things as usual by turning Reika into a youma. The youma gets the jump on Sailor moon as usual and Makoto bails her lame ass out because she is awesome like that. Except this youma has a little trick that captures her attack in a bottle and returns it. Man I want one of those bottles.
Then tuxedo Kamen comes in with his absurdly effective rose and the episode resolves itself.
Reika goes off with Motoki and the senshi cry moar. The end.
Of note, this series despite its age looks fantastic on my TV. Why aren't there SM blurays? what kind of fucked up world is this?

Somebody like Hitokage would obviously be the guy to get an assuredly correct answer, but from what I understand, the people in charge of the Sailor Moon license over the last ten years have the mental capacities of a monkey with a screwdriver stuck in his eye. I don't think they've done a release of any sort since, like, 2003. But ask Hitokage, cause I'm ignant.

Hopefully the new series will cause them to release the old ones on BR just to get people hyped. If that happens, the show could suck more dicks than the universe could handle and still have its existence justified. But maybe it can't happen. Ask Hitokage.

Pooya

From The New World - 14

I love it when my guesses become true, pretty good somewhat info dump episode again, I really enjoy their conversations.

It's been a while, not sure I have the time line right in my head. so it goes like this?

First demon appears in modern times -> War -> feudal like empires -> community of scientists, death feedback etc, and other warrior tribes that was mentioned -> 200+ years -> Now

Recalling what adult Saki said
about Maria and how she's the reason many died? IIRC
in earlier episodes, you can tell how the next arc is going to be from this episode.

this is getting interesting but I think the mystery part is over, I think we know pretty much everything about the current community of this town, things are just going to happen now.

K-On! 06

Its rainy season! (what is this, Louisiana?)
Ui wakes up Yui, and they walk to school in the rain.
Yui is very careful not to allow Geeta to get wet (even though its safe inside a case) but manages to fail in Yui-esque fashion and ends up flat on her butt soaking wet in the rain.
She gets to school and has to dry off. Her clothes being soaked, she has to wear a maid outfit until her clothes dry. I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH THIS. But then Nodoka comes in with an extra change of clothes and then ruins the moment. Thats why you're low on my tier list, Nodoka. Anyway, the girls help her iron out her clothing and they go home before it rains again.
Then Yui and her sister sing the cutest rain song in the world.
It rains again the next day, and Yui has a very ridiculous way of waterproofing her Geeta, so she reluctantly decides to leave it alongside Mio's Bass in the music room overnight. Naturally she cant sleep because she misses it.
The next day they retrieve their instruments.
The other girls catch Mio in the act of talking her Bass, Elizabass.
D'awwww.
This show is so hnnnnnngh.
15P6e.gif

Episode was worth it for that scene alone.

He didn't get you the Yui to go with that Azusa? Some friend he is.
I don't even think I need to watch K-On! I think I've seen the whole show just through Chet's gifs.

There are whole episodes that I haven't used a single gif from. And not because they're ungiffable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Extras seem to depend on cost of a license, the companies connections in the industry, and the popularity of the property in question. Some licenses have more extras probably because it was dirt cheap to procure them, or if you have the deep pockets of Aniplex maybe its affordable anyway.
So far I haven't really seen any rhyme or reason to releases with special features though. It just seems so arbitrary.

OceanBlue

Most people here say it takes twelve episodes to get going.
I liked it since the beginning, but in his case maybe it might take him until the end of the movie arc or until the festival arc I guess. It's true that the characters don't really hint at depth until the movie arc anyway.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

Delicious. What is that from? I love how her body sorta bounces and squishes, especially in the middle. Plus - seeing a swimsuit under shorts is just <3

Instantly became one of my all time favourites last year. It was quite convenient as well as that was when the limited edition blurays from aniplex came out. Can't believe it's priced as high as $100 now on Amazon by independent sellers.

Did you see my impressions after the show? Unfortunately I don't think the story holds up anymore, but the pacing, presentation, and soundtrack definitely do. I've had the main theme stuck in my head for a day or two now. So good.

Those horns look excellent to grab onto. For stability you know.

...for sex, right?

trejo

Spice & Useless Meat 1

The CG in this show offends my sensibilities. That scene where the camera spins around the mage girls? Worse than GuP's first episode by a long shot.

Characterization and exposition dumping didn't fare much better so for the most part I'm not too impressed with what's on offer here.

I'm still gonna give it a couple more episodes, at least. Because of reasons.

Pooya

Delicious. What is that from? I love how her body sorta bounces and squishes, especially in the middle. Plus - seeing a swimsuit under shorts is just <3

Sakurasou - it has pretty solid animations imo, not just here >_> overall looks pretty nice.

RurouniZel

D: I'll find a Yui to go with her! :D At least Azu-Nyan is beside my Mio as a consolidation. ^^;
Less telling, more showing.
I heard there was art in this show - or talk of art. Worth watching?

All I'm watching right now is GuP and Birdy. Birdy is fucking rad, so much sakuga, delicious half naked heroine!

I haven't caught up with it, but I thought it was ok. The main girl, not the one in the gif, is like an artist savant or something like that.

Narag

Thank you :D
It's nice to know someone actually watches them.

Good lord at that Anno clip. I never appreciate how talented he is until I see one of these. I think the majority of the shots to advertise Honneamise in the old Manga Entertainment trailer from back in the day were his work if this is anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom