• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

That's pretty cool. I'm usually too lazy to watch commentary tracks, but I guess this time I'll do it.

Which reminds me, I really need to sit down with my Nausicaa BD and watch it with the Hideaki Anno commentary track on. I just find it hard to make time to sit down with a movie I've seen so many times before.

Minami-ke Tadaima ep 4

gxbpf8R.png

Hosaka Overload. Oh Hosaka, why are you so stupid yet stupidly awesome?

I've been waiting for this episode!!!!!

fertygo

The artwork for the eclipse all looks really promising but I know that, because it's Studio 4oC and because of what they've done in the other Berserk movies it's just going to be a horrible CG mess. This would be a real shame because I think that, despite the TV series obvious animation problems the eclipse was done really well in that adaptation.

Berserk TV series were legitimately good? now I'm interested, or the manga still the best?

Articalys

I just realized that for the first time in who knows how long, none of the shows I'm currently watching are going to carry over to the next season, mostly because virtually every single show that started in Winter is only one cour.

OceanBlue

I just realized that for the first time in who knows how long, none of the shows I'm currently watching are going to carry over to the next season, mostly because virtually every single show that started in Winter is only one cour.
There were a surprising amount of 2+ cour shows in 2012. Who knows, it might have been indicating a trend! At least, I thought it was, lol.

To be honest, I'm really surprised Vividred isn't 2 cour.

Assuming Space Bros ends at 52 episodes, I've still got Chihayafuru.

Jex

Berserk TV series were legitimately good? now I'm interested, or the manga still the best?

I will openly admit that I am somewhat of a heretic when I say that I prefer the TV series version of events to the manga. Most people will say that the manga version is the one to experience, but I really prefer the pacing in the TV series.

mAcOdIn

Holy crap there's gonna be a second season of Samurai Girls?!

I couldn't give two shits about the show but if there's even a slight possibility of some more mAcxABF wall of text arguments out of this then consider me fuckin' HYPED.
It's what I live for.
I'm going on the record to state that I currently have NO plans to watch anything Samurai Girls related ever again.

Sorry guys.

fertygo

It was awesome with that fab soundtrack by Susumu Hirasawa. Low budget at times though and notorious for it's lack of conclusion.

What this mean? I thought its end at right of the end of Golden age arc, its should be fairly concluded right?

CorvoSol

Majora's Mask isn't even in the top 3 3D Zeldas.

Majora's Mask was the last great Zelda game. I just cannot forgive him for what came afterwards.

You're both saying words and its hurting me.

Wind Waker was fantastic, though. And I was quite fond of Skyward Sword as well.

But you're making it better.

ALSO has anybody watched Zeorymer of the Skies? I haven't, and I'm not going to, because I saw it in SRWJ, and the mecha have the dumbest names EVER.

ROSE C'EST LA VIE OF THE MOON? REALLY?

Eureka Seven 33

HOW DARE YOU TAUNT ME WITH TEN SECONDS OF AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE IN WHICH
RAY AND CHARLES ARE STILL ALIVE AND TALHO IS A REDHEAD!

Remember kids, strawberry candy is a cure all to relationship issues! Golly, Talho, get OVER HOLLAND. Move on, sister! You can find a guy who doesn't have gray hair already! And New Talho is waaaaaay nicer, even if she is uglier.

UGH FINE I CARE ABOUT HOLLAND X TALHO.

Also, the entire end of this episode I saw at the end of disc 2 in FF7.

And it is criminal that I only see Anemone in the ED these days.

Jex

Still the best SOS quote.

I prefer:

Boycotts are busywork and nonsense, but what can’t continue, won’t. If otaku had actual families and businesses and obligations, then they wouldn’t have as much surplus wealth which could be wasted on nonessential nonsense like figurines and BDs and so on.
Anime thrives in the penumbra between societal despair and disposable income.
On average, otaku are like homosexuals - they seem richer than they are, because their lack of a future leaves them with an unusual ratio of expenses to disposable income.

Steroyd

That's a lame excuse because DS games are region free.

Semi-lame, I completely skipped the DS altogether and is catching up on DS games through my 3DS.

So far 2 DS games don't work, so not too keen on importing. :|

Oreshura 4

This show is detestably bad. Dropped.

Considering that you hate everything, why did it take 4 episodes for you to realize this?

Little Busters 15 - 16

Episode 15 was just silly dismissive stuff.

Episode 16 - Did not see that coming!
I-i-it's not like their hair was colour coded or anything!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Some Lunar game that I bought for £5, and New Super Mario Brothers.

NSMB was the one that cut me the deepest.
That's weird. I can't think of any possible explanation for NSMB, especially since that was released way before Nintendo went nuts on region locking. In fact I was playing Ouendan 1 on my 3DS the other day and that worked fine despite being released before NSMB.

wonzo

Banned
Space Ghost! (Uchurei!) 12 END

uchurei12.jpg

poochie'd ;_;

That was a pretty neat series messing around with all kinds of fun nonsense like cryptozoology and spiritual myths. Good stuff, definitely worth checking out this series of 3min shorts for the awesome postcard bits alone.

I haven't even played 999.

I will now remove my shirt as GAFers prepare their spiked whips.

Haven't played it either, and with my backlog being what it is I probably won't be able to for awhile yet.

The iDOLM@STER 1

Hey, that wasn't bad.

Too early for me to make rankings unfortunately, but I know who won't be ranking favorably: Chihaya (seems pretty lame) and Yayoi (that terrible voice, my poor ears).

Seems like everyone's getting on the iDOLM@STER bandwagon lately. Guess I'll give it a try just to have a frame of reference for discussion. And stuff.

Yup.
Im so excited for Wind Waker HD it is ridiculous.
One of my all time favorite games given an overhaul. Its perfection.

Wind Waker is still in my pile of shame as well. And I even preordered it so I could get the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc. Wondering if I should just wait for WWHD at this point.

Actually, I have so many unplayed Zelda games that it's kinda ridiculous. I'm a horrible person, I know.

mAcOdIn

Wind Waker is still in my pile of shame as well. And I even preordered it so I could get the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc. Wondering if I should just wait for WWHD at this point.

Actually, I have so many unplayed Zelda games that it's kinda ridiculous. I'm a horrible person, I know.
It's ok, they were all downhill after A Link to the Past anyways.

Articalys

So, once again Biglobe had a poll, and only 4300 people showed up. Probably because it wasn't about waifus or seiyuu or anything like that, but in fact a topic much closer to all of your hearts. The question this time was:

What anime series do you feel has the best sakuga?

The top ten from the limited results, such as they were:
1. Gundam UC
2. Ghost in the Shell
3. Evangelion 2.0
4. Macross Plus
5. Fate/Zero
6. Break Blade
7. Guilty Crown
8. Code Geass R2
9. FMA Brotherhood
10. Cowboy Bebop
So, what would be on your list?

wonzo

Banned
So, once again Biglobe had a poll, and only 4300 people showed up. Probably because it wasn't about waifus or seiyuu or anything like that, but in fact a topic much closer to all of your hearts. The question this time was:

What anime series do you feel has the best sakuga?

The top ten from the limited results, such as they were:
1. Gundam UC
2. Ghost in the Shell
3. Evangelion 2.0
4. Macross Plus
5. Fate/Zero
6. Break Blade
7. Guilty Crown
8. Code Geass R2
9. FMA Brotherhood
10. Cowboy Bebop
kramerwhoa.gif

How on earth is it possible for one series to be oozing with so much creativity, style and story. I sometimes shiver at how amazing One Piece is. To be this good for this long (albeit it has its lows and fillers) has to be a crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom