• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh it'll definitely be on my list when I vote.
I'm still finishing up a few shows this weekend.
Speaking of which...

Queen's Blade Rebellion 4

I can't get enough of Mirim. She's so lovable.

ievO7TkC5rZRL.jpg

I always thought she was attractive in the artwork I'd seen, but I didn't know much about the character.
Now seeing her moving and talking, voiced by Toyosaki Aki no less (Yui in K-On!), I only like her more.
She's got this perfect balance of cute and sexy.

Previously I'd played around with Mirim a little in the browser game, Queen's Blade - The Conquest, and all of her weapons and equipment have "Super Vibration/Vibrating" in their names, e.g. "Super Vibration Sword" and such, and her move names as well, "Super Vibration Field," "Super Vibration Boomerang," etc.
So I knew going in to the anime that this "super vibration" power was a thing for her character. But now seeing how it actually works...well it never occurred to me it would work like that.
It even has a remote control.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, really, considering it's Queen's Blade. In any case, everything went better than expected.

I see people saying that Mirim feels out of place in Queen's Blade, both due to her big-eyed cute design and semi-deformed proportions, and also because of her timid personality. I see where people are coming from on that, but I still love her to pieces nonetheless.

Anyway, four episodes in, I'm still enjoying Rebellion.
I'm apprehensive after hearing so many negative opinions on it from fans of the previous Queen's Blade anime, but we'll see how it goes.

As of episode 4, my Rebellion ranking is:

1. Mirim
2. Annelotte
3. Liliana (mostly just on looks at this point)
4. Yuit
5. Ymir
6. Branwen (she hasn't appeared much either, but giving points for her VA)
7. Sigui
8. Elina
9. LunaLuna

These characters seem cute. Might have to watch a couple episodes.

Dagnabbit, Chuunibyou is going to make the top 10 list. Day ruined.

Justice is served :)

The iDOLM@STER 2
7tmNZHj.gif

My list doesn't really change after this episode. Despite thinking the flatter girls pretending to busty was cute, it doesn't really raise them up at all. All their voices are kinda annoying.

trejo

It's like the American version of fan death. If you sleep with an armed gun in your room smoke might come out of it and suffocate you.

The term refers to a nicotine-addicted firearm that is a generally malicious person who abuses his wife and is also an alcoholic currently attending AA meetings.

See now we have two different definitions for the term. Will Kayos90 be able to figure out the context?

Boobs vs DFC is now eggplants vs peas.

Team Peas all the way.

Lain

Moe Amnesiac Ghost Girlfriend 1-12 [END]

I finally watched this and had a really good time while doing so. The show looked pretty good most of the time, with nice backgrounds and nice animation, plus the characters were all interesting in their own ways, be it for their tomboyish act, be it for their dumbness, be it for their mischievous streaks.
The pacing was also good, going from episode to episode adding a little bit to the overall story while showing some everyday life in the club/at school of the gang.

The first twist in the story
our hero getting thrown down the stairs
was sort of predictable or at least I was expecting it. The second twist at the end though... I wasn't expecting it at all and turned my mood upside down.
Maybe it was cheap, some will say, but I love
happy endings like that, especially after they're getting me down beforehand.

All in all a really enjoyable show.

wonzo

Banned
Moe Amnesiac Ghost Girlfriend 1-12 [END]

I finally watched this and had a really good time while doing so. The show looked pretty good most of the time, with nice backgrounds and nice animation, plus the characters were all interesting in their own ways, be it for their tomboyish act, be it for their dumbness, be it for their mischievous streaks.
The pacing was also good, going from episode to episode adding a little bit to the overall story while showing some everyday life in the club/at school of the gang.

The first twist in the story
our hero getting thrown down the stairs
was sort of predictable or at least I was expecting it. The second twist at the end though... I wasn't expecting it at all and turned my mood upside down.
Maybe it was cheap, some will say, but I love
happy endings like that, especially after they're getting me down beforehand.

All in all a really enjoyable show.
There's a 13th episode you may wanna check out, even if it's basically a gag one.

OceanBlue

I dunno, I can definitely see what you mean when you say that. Takahashi Chiaki is skilled and her voice is pretty pleasant to listen to, especially relative to the usual quality of Idolm@ster singers, but after listening to both performances back to back a couple times, my vote still goes with Asami Imai. I think there's a certain quality of strength that Imai's vocals have over Takahashi's performance, and that makes up for some of the inconsistencies in her performance.

Ah, sorry. When I said "disagree", I meant that you might disagree with Takahashi being the best.

A lot of people have the same opinion as you, so there's probably something I'm missing since I'm not that big of a fan of Imai's singing. Then again, I don't mind Nigo Mayako's voice (Yayoi) and I love Kiramekirari (Yayoi's image song), so maybe my preferences are a bit skewed, lol. Well, I can't deny that Imai is probably top two or three as far as singing goes.

Edit: Oh, but if you're a fan of Imai's singing, definitely stick around. She definitely has the best musical moments in the anime.

Holy crap, lol. This is too hilarious.

cajunator

Banned
The next time an anime fans=pedos thread comes up, I'm gonna have a smoking gun to share with GAF.

Do your worst I guess.

The iDOLM@STER - 14

Welcome to the next stage ladies! New OP isn't bad, though I still prefer the first one. Maybe over time it'll grow on me a bit more. Anyways, I figured those arrogant boy band assholes
would be 765 production's rivals at some point.
No matter. They'll be crushed underfoot by the girls' awesomeness, with Makoto the swag leading the charge. Speaking of Makoto...

This is one HELL of a power couple! Makoto's dashing looks, Takane's elegant, refined nature.. together make for an awe-gazing pair.

Now if only they actually had interactions with each other on a daily basis we'd be getting somewhere. At this time Takane's OTP in my eyes is Yukiho. ^_^
Makoto and Takane are an amazing duo. Its truth.

So it's only in certain parts of the U.S. huh. Never knew. Well you learn something new everyday.

You are so naive sometimes and it really is precious. I'm serious.

OceanBlue

http://i.minus.com/iLjXnkWRWcMTR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the paint in the bird's wings made it too heavy to fly, after which it couldn't get food and either was eaten by a predator or starved to death? Or something. I don't know anything about animals.

Jex

It could be worse. I played it and didn't like it, that's tantamount to blasphemy.

OH GOD THE TEXT SO SLOW MAKE IT GO FASTER GO FASTER STUPID OVERLY VERBOSE VISUAL NOVEL

Look, words are hard to read. If they scroll too fast people get confused and nauseous, see also Skyward Sword.

Branduil

From the New World 17

This was a great start to the next arc. I love the new character designs. Some really good storyboarding and directing in this episode, I especially liked the closeups on the Queerat leaders as they reacted to the others' story.

Squealer is just the best. I hope he wins, he deserves the new world more than any of these human clowns. It takes massive guts to pull off what he just did.

I see that Saki has not lost her taste for stylish red shades:

And a new Maria-focused ED which obviously has some meaning that I'll have to think about later.

Saprol

Madoka Magica 05

Kyouko shows up to confront the others. I like her outfit and weapon, whatever the spear/chain/staff combination is supposed to be. Bit of an ass though. Showing some real disregard for life given her strategy for collecting seeds.

These face proportions are really distracting.

Branduil

Madoka Magica 05

Kyouko shows up to confront the others. I like her outfit and weapon, whatever the spear/chain/staff combination is supposed to be. Bit of an ass though. Showing some real disregard for life given her strategy for collecting seeds.

Yeah they need to be wider.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Top wo Nerae! - 06 END

Dat
time skip again.
Older Onee-sama
>*
R.I.P. Coach
T___T7, and now
Onee-sama is the new Coach.
That was awesome, I was at the edge of my seat(bed lol) when the last fight began and then
Gunbuster #3 didn't go off
and they decided
to go there and active it with Gunbuster, and Jung came because she wanted to be with them too.
T____T
Dat
time skip again.
Major props for
Jung, because in the end, 12000 years after, she kept her promise. Okaerinasai.

How much time must I wait before watching Diebuster?
Glad you liked it. Gunbuster is one of my favourite shows ever.

Diebuster should be held back as long as possible. It's not bad, but it's a very different experience from Gunbuster that I feel watching them in close proximity will only make you think bad of the former.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Glad you liked it. Gunbuster is one of my favourite shows ever.

Diebuster should be held back as long as possible. It's not bad, but it's a very different experience from Gunbuster that I feel watching them in close proximity will only make you think bad of the former.
You mean the latter.

...or whichever one is Diebuster.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I got all of them jumbled. Also I just woke up to watch Djokovic vs Murray so anime is not my priority.
I'm just waiting for the final episode ;__;

now tell me, why I must watch HeartCatch?
Heartcatch is a genuinely good show, and the finale is mightily more impressive than Smile's.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 4

I love how this show uses music. What stuck out to me in particular was the scene with Mickey in the library talking to Jury. The song during this part was fucking beautiful. Exotic, serene, yet mysterious. Awesome shit.
WHEN? WHERE? WHO? WHICH?

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica 05

Are you familiar with Ume Aoki character design from Hidamari Sketch?

Kyouko is actually a pretty awesome character.

wonzo

Banned
Little Busters! 16

lb16.jpg

BENCH-KUN BENCH-KUN

Okay. So, it turns out
the troublemaker Saigusa and Futaki, the head of the Disciplinary Committee are twins who grew up in the Saigusa family, a family with a longstanding tradition of Polygamy where each woman takes two husbands to ensure an heir is born. This seems to have something to do with the fact that her father was arrested for murder and attempted arson which we learn thanks to the pamphlets spread throughout the school by someone. This probably explains why Futaki constantly bullies her. It's also hinted that others members of the Saigusa family have done the same in the past.
Again, either child protective services don't exist in this world or they're just as incompetent as all the doctors and the psychologists that seem to exist in the shitty writings of Jun Maeda.

Moonlight

Banned
The Idolm@ster Episode 8

This episode definitely lived up to the hype. I can say with absolute certainty that this was the best episode since episode 4. The best yet, even. Once again, Azusa is the ostensible focal point for the episode, but serves more as a catalyst for everything else. Hence the episode's title (Detour to Happiness), I suppose. Azusa leaves misunderstandings, happiness, and fortune to everything left in her wake and the direction of the episode more or less follows that wake. It's cute, it's fluffy, and it leads to some absolutely fantastic moments. Of particular mention is the amazing
fight scene involving Makoto and the agents. I said god damn. I'm pretty sure that was better animated and directed than action scenes in actual action anime.
The resolution to the episode was really fantastic too, and it really put Azusa up there for me.

As for the characters, I really can't overstate how much better this show is when it cuts the fat in terms of characters, it does a much better job when it's not trying to balance the demands of an ensemble cast. Every character featured had a chance to shine, I think, especially Makoto, who is a boss. Seriously, she had so many awesome moments chasing after Azusa this episode, it's insane. And Miki, who I haven't quite figured out yet, but she still seems quite likable, and almost as photogenic as Azusa clearly is.

Not much else to say, really. The production quality is, as usual, quite great (again,
that fight scene
) and I think that character chemistry and interplay that I was looking for before is finally started to take some kind of shape.

The insert songs this episode were also alright, very far from spectacular, but definitely not nearly as bad as some of the others.

This 'inverse twin to quality' rule is still holding true.

tl;dr

S Rank
Chihaya
Makoto

A+ Rank
Azusa

A Rank
Haruka
Miki

B Rank
Hibiki
Takane
Iori

D Rank
Yayoi

F Rank
Ami and Mami
Yukiho

Jex

I feel strange because I virtually don't game. The only game I've ever taken somewhat seriously is DotA, but besides that (and football games in a social context) I haven't touched a game like... ever.

Then how did you come across this website, as it's primarily a gaming discussion board?
I only signed up because of the anime threads, to be honest.
I always find comments like this really strange because when I started reading NeoGAF and, eventually, posting in it there wasn't even that much discussion of anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom