• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

I think we will agree to disagree with that. She does have some horrible personality, but Ami just acted like a bitch throughout. I don't care how OK she was in the inside, but you don't act like a drama queen just because you could. She is more Tsundere than Taiga in some cases!

She was venting because she knew she never had a chance.

jbug617

Banned
any of you guys are PC gamers? I have Mark of the Ninja and I want to give it away since I own it on 360. I post over here the most so I rather hook one of you guys up.

JCG

Gundam UC is like.. the only thing that have hand-drawn mech sakuga right now, its very deserved. and they're goddamn beauty.

It's usually very good, but I don't think that means no other anime has ever had equal or better. Not at all.

Narag

Finally organizing my screenshots and throwing them up on dropbox. I wish I'd done this sooner as going through 13 months worth of stuff is taking forever.

Space Brothers 42:
That cliffhanger.
All I can say is 'what?'

This story arc continued with another really intense episode.
Seeing Hibito preparing for his death and going about his final moments was really well done. These last few episodes have done a lot for his character, after me not caring about him at all for the first 39 or so episodes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Makes me sad to see Chihaya so low.

Haha yeah I don't know man. I just don't see anything particular noteworthy of her. I mean yeah she's a stellar singer and she's quite passionate about it, but beyond that I just don't see anything appealing about her. Maybe it's her serious nature that's keeping me from connecting with her. Though it did seem from the latest episode that's she's starting to open up a bit more.

You like Yukiho...squeally, infantile Yukiho...more that Chihaya? And have Ami/Mami that high?

SDBurton respect -10

Though I'm not nearly as far as you are so maybe you know something I don't.

I forgot, what episode are you on? I don't want to say anything that may be spoiler-ish, but keep watching and if your opinion still hasn't changed by the time you reach episode 13 I'll explain why I have Yukiho so high.

Syrinx

Haha yeah I don't know man. I just don't see anything particular noteworthy of her. I mean yeah she's a stellar singer and she's quite passionate about it, but beyond that I just don't see anything appealing about her. Maybe it's her serious nature that's keeping me from connecting with her. Though it did seem from the latest episode that's she's starting to open up a bit more.

I forgot, what episode are you on? I don't want to say anything that may be spoiler-ish, but keep watching and if your opinion still hasn't changed by the time you reach episode 13 I'll explain why I have Yukiho so high.

I'm only up to 4. So my most recent impression of her is the unthinkably awful 3.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I know we are nerds and all but this trend of ranking idols after every episode is trying too hard.

This is the first time I ever did rankings actually. :lol

Last time I made a guess on who my best girls would be was during the pilot.

I'm only up to 4. So my most recent impression of her is the unthinkably awful 3.

Oh yeah definitely understandable. I wasn't a fan of her at first and that episode especially didn't help. Keep watching though and hopefully you'll see her improvements!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally organizing my screenshots and throwing them up on dropbox. I wish I'd done this sooner as going through 13 months worth of stuff is taking forever.
Curious as to why you'd need to keep a bunch of screenshots.

Jex

[From the New World] - 17

I'm genuinely impressed that all this world building stuff that they've been unwinding over the course of the series has all actually paid off in tangible ways. We've only got this far on the back of stuff that was revealed earlier - I consider this to be quite surprising. Most sci-fi/fantasy shows have world building just to show off, or because the author just couldn't stop himself where as here it all serves a higher purpose.

Maedhros

It started three weeks ago. Airs on Wednesdays in Western timezones. Are you planning to use it as a springboard for one of your "KyoAni sucks!" rants? :p

Yes!

Actually, I'm watching it already. It's pretty, have a interesting cast, but nothing really happens. So I'm watching it by osmosis.

Narag

Curious as to why you'd need to keep a bunch of screenshots.

Usually it's something I've noted as I liked or found amusing I want to hold onto. They also double as mnemonic devices that let me recall a show easier.

Other times they remind me of sinful indiscretion in show selection. Like so:

vlcsnap-2012-07-29-02h36m25s89.png

Cardfight!! Vanguard ep 60 (eng dub)
tumblr_mharg3XcfB1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_m3v72d90NZ1qifdalo1_500.png

Dark Soul Conductor is a pretty cool designs for a grade 2, best card in Tetsu's deck. Once again the duel has gone the way I hadnt anticipated.
Kamui ought to have won then Misaki could lose, in order for us to get the Aichi Sendou Ren Suzugamori win...she has to win by default...
. Love the friendship and team loyalty discussion, Kamui really has grown over the course of these 60 episodes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 03 or The Not-So-Be-Papas Marathon of Madness 03
Wapiko's one-mindedness surely betrays her ability to manipulate Chitose around.
Still keeping it PG-rated!
Also shenanigans. Not an SDBurton-approved episode.

The music in the flashback with that Asaba-jerk was amazing. But of the eponymous goldfish? Only like five seconds. I want my money back.

duckroll

Looks like the final two episodes of Girls und Panzer will air sometime before March 23. That's the date where they'll be holding a full marathon of the series at Kadokawa's Mito Cineplex. All 12 episodes. So the broadcast of the final two episodes will likely be before that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Looks like the final two episodes of Girls und Panzer will air sometime before March 23. That's the date where they'll be holding a full marathon of the series at Kadokawa's Mito Cineplex. All 12 episodes. So the broadcast of the final two episodes will likely be before that.
Well that's not a bummer at all.

Wouldn't they just wait until then so that people will actually remember what happened before those episodes?

nny

Uchurei! 12

It's over; time to move on, go home...

...a 200 million-year trip?! Poor Uchurei.

uchurei.png

I'm glad he was not forgotten and stayed around.

Jex

[Mōryō no Hako] - 3

MnH31.jpg

Wherein the mysteries that entwine these characters becomes more pronounced and nothing is made clear. The series is still very clearly in the 'set up' phase but it's a little hard to tell because the chronology can be a little hard to follow, especially when we switch protagonist from Kiba to Yoriko and suddenly we're looking at events that took place days ago. Still, if you've got your head screwed on you might be able to pick up some clues that will help you later on.

MnH32.jpg

Firstly, I'd just like to note that this episode contains a smattering of great shots, as seen above but is nevertheless plagued by crappy looking off-model characters. It's a real shame because I really like the character designs in this series, largely because they look considerably more realistic than the majority of designs that are common in the medium.

Anyway, I won't talk about what we have or haven't learnt from the course of the episode because I don't want to give anything away accidentally. I will just briefly look at something of note: the characters of Detective Kiba and Yoriko. I'll talk about Kiba first.

Kiba is your straight talking, straight thinking, traditional detective. He seems to see the world in pretty simple, black and white terms. It's hard to see what he does or has outside of his job because all we see him doing is thinking about the case. This seems to sum up his character pretty well:

MnH34.jpg

He's happiest when he's classified things under these kind of terms. He clearly wants to be the hero from the movie saving the damsel in distress and protecting the weak. In contrast to Yorkio most the time that we're seeing the world through his perspective the directing is very standard and traditional, he's clearly connected to a grounded, understandable world:

MnH33.jpg

Yorkio is different. We're already aware that she's a troubled, sometimes difficult to understand girl who is prone to fights of fancy and introspection. In credit to the director her scenes actually mirror who she is, in other-words the direction becomes more fanciful and unreal:

MnH35.jpg

MnH36.jpg
MnH37.jpg

A number of her scenes start off fairly normal but when she becomes emotionally agitated things start to get weird. Consider the scenes with her move - the camera becomes canted signifying the world is off-balance. The editing becomes more rapid, suggesting a kind of nervous panic attack. Most obviously there's a heavy red filter suggesting her dark tone of mind. Alternatively consider the direction when she remembers Kanako: the pacing is much slower, the shots are over saturated and filled with cherry blossom, Kanako herself moves like she's unnaturally light. The scene at the end in the hospital is a classic example of this - where as everyone else is horrified Yorkio views the world through a skewed lens and thinks what has happened was beautiful and moving. In other words, she's clearly not someone who's observations and views can be trusted, even though she's the only one (as far as we know) who was present at the incident that set this whole thing in motion.

Having the different characters scenes shot in different matters really helps to make them feel different, just like when different characters are written in different styles within a single book.

duckroll

Wouldn't they just wait until then so that people will actually remember what happened before those episodes?

Yeah I would guess that the marathon is the first time they show the last 2 eps.

No. This is just a single paid event at one cineplex. It is extremely unlikely that a TV series, especially one with great word of mouth and fan support, will limit the final episodes to a limited screening like this. It will be boardcast on TV first because that's what they promised.

As for the marathons, they've actually been holding them in different venues rather frequently. There was one just this weekend, with ep1-10, and a PV preview of ep11. So I don't think fans are going to "forget what happened" anytime soon. :)

No. This is just a single paid event at one cineplex. It is extremely unlikely that a TV series, especially one with great word of mouth and fan support, will limit the final episodes to a limited screening like this. It will be boardcast on TV first because that's what they promised.

As for the marathons, they've actually been holding them in different venues rather frequently. There was one just this weekend, with ep1-10, and a PV preview of ep11. So I don't think fans are going to "forget what happened" anytime soon. :)

oh, I guess I missed that part about it being a cineplex showing. I should read more carefully next time.

Jex

In all honesty, I had actually forgotten that Guilty Crown ever existed.

At all. Such a complete swing and miss from Production I.G.

Noir 15-16

Slowly figuring out who/what the Soldats are and what their objective seem to be.
I hope Kirika's question of "Who am I?" to Chloe is foreshadowing the answer coming up soon.

Mitsuho

Banned
I know other people have already voiced their concerns regarding Star Driver but, in general, I don't think the series as a whole is worth your time. It only has a handful of good episodes across it's 25 episode run. I really would not recommend it to anyone.

If you like the action sequences, watch the last episode and look up other fights on Youtube,

Agree, but I'm not watching for the fights tho. It's not in my top 100.

OK I am watching Sword Art Online for the first time just to see what the whole hype is all about and I am on Ep. 4. Does this Anime know what 'Pace'' means?

SAO is a bit over-discussed so LTTP posts might get under appreciated. My biggest problem with SAO is that it could betray your expectations heavily. Depends on what your expecting and the breadth of genres you're comfortable with. Sometimes it's okay to like troublesome things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom