• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Eureka Seven 34

UGH. When do I get a new OP? This one suuuuucks. Also, infinite death on Eureka's awful children, yadda yadda. Moon Doggy grows up into a man, and also I have to say that I enjoy the show not telling me right away what the history of Adrock, Diane, Holland and Eureka all is in one go, but over the course of the series. AW YEAH HOLLAND TELLS TALHO HER HAIR SUCKS. WHOA WAIT GO BACK TO THE PART WHERE TALHO IS---

Waaaaaaaaat. Also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat at Dewey's mini-golf course. There's still so much going on in the background of this show that I don't get!

But that alternate universe surfing scene still stings the most.
New OP at episode 40.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I felt bad about forgetting to mention Inferno Cop in my list of current shows I'm watching. So to make up for it I made sure to get a friend of mine to watch it and then I thought I'd spread the good word on Miiverse.

iWT6BqRkxuXMJ.jpg

Shergal

Is the upcoming precure (Dokidoki?) going to be a shit precure or does it have a chance to be a good precure like Heartcatch? What are the expectatives?

Please stop while you're still alive. It only gets worse from here. Also,
ladies and gentlemen this guy has guessed the end of Flit's arc after only 12 episodes.
it just show how predictable AGE is. ( this was indeed the most predicted outcome of this part when it was airing ) at least on the gundam fans foroms i was visiting.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is the upcoming precure (Dokidoki?) going to be a shit precure or does it have a chance to be a good precure like Heartcatch? What are the expectatives?
The trailers make it look lacklustre. I'm just a pessimist by default.

Also Shergal is a Heartcatch fan? You are my favourite junior.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

+ better MotWs
+ Takanashi is replaced with a far superior composer
+ default character relationships are similar to Fresh, which had strong chemistry

- busy costume design likely means bad battle animation
- stock art made the characters look beanface, though they're passable in the trailers
- all of the characters are completely well-adjusted perfect prodigies
- shitty Jewelpet mascots
- ughhhhhh Suite-like color palette

Doesn't Heartcatch have like 20 episodes before the third girl joins as well? lol

The first two carry the show effortlessly until that point. No, really!

IXION SAGA DT - 16
Now they are finally using their plot devices ?
Finnally they're trying to tell a story ?
Really ?

Still my "variation" approval went up ..i guess this was plot building ...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, firehawk, if quick character introductions matter that much to you, you should be on board for Dokidoki because the first four episode titles confirm that all four Cures will be introduced in immediate succession!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure - 48

Man.. my throat was tightening like crazy throughout the entirety of the episode. Episode was alright, but not the spectacular finale that I was hoping for. Now I have this empty void in my heart knowing that there will be no more opportunities to witness some touching moments between my OTP AkanexNao. I want to be excited for Doki Doki, I really do, but from what we've seen so far I don't know if I can. :(

With Smile over, guess the only thing I can do now is continue onward with HeartCatch. Thanks for the memories, it was fun while it lasted.

cajunator

Banned
I...

I... I can't believe I forgot Angelic Layer... oh god... kill me now.

*commits seppuku*
How could you forget such a great show? Silly Zel!

It's why the Japanese rent CDs!

Every time you bring that show up, I keep thinking about the other show with the puppies that people used to post that gif of all the time.
The japanese rent CDs?! What the hell?

It was an ADV license, and I'm not sure that anyone picked it up after ADV fell apart.
I know, and its majorly fucking criminal to neglect the license.it could still gain some interest.

I say something like Taisho Yakyuu Masume, kinda wanna say Ghost Hunt too but one arc may be a tad much.

Taisho baseball girls is another great one.
I considered listing it but its not great enough to be the sole entertainment.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eureka Seven 34

UGH. When do I get a new OP? This one suuuuucks. Also, infinite death on Eureka's awful children, yadda yadda. Moon Doggy grows up into a man, and also I have to say that I enjoy the show not telling me right away what the history of Adrock, Diane, Holland and Eureka all is in one go, but over the course of the series. AW YEAH HOLLAND TELLS TALHO HER HAIR SUCKS. WHOA WAIT GO BACK TO THE PART WHERE TALHO IS---

Waaaaaaaaat. Also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat at Dewey's mini-golf course. There's still so much going on in the background of this show that I don't get!

But that alternate universe surfing scene still stings the most.

All the background stuff comes together quite nicely at the very end.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smile Precure - 48

Now I have this empty void in my heart knowing that there will be no more opportunities to witness some touching moments between my OTP AkanexNao.

With Smile over, guess the only thing I can do now is continue onward with HeartCatch.
Get on that ErikaXTsubomi/YuriXMomoka bandwagon already!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure - 48

Man.. my throat was tightening like crazy throughout the entirety of the episode. Episode was alright, but not the spectacular finale that I was hoping for. Now I have this empty void in my heart knowing that there will be no more opportunities to witness some touching moments between my OTP AkanexNao. I want to be excited for Doki Doki, I really do, but from what we've seen so far I don't know if I can. :(

With Smile over, guess the only thing I can do now is continue onward with HeartCatch. Thanks for the memories, it was fun while it lasted.

I thought you'd be insulted that
Nao and Reika went into each other's arms for comfort at the finale
:lol Talk about trolling the Nissan Combination people.

But hey, man, some official art basically implies that Kenzaki Makoto/Cure Sword is Akane and Nao combined into one character! She even has a cool androgynous name. Don't give up hope just yet!

Narag

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 4

As anime, I'm sort of iffy on this still. I'd eat this shit up if I were reading the book though.

CorvoSol

New OP at episode 40.

6 more episodes of this terrible OP. In a show filled with good music, its jarring how bad it is. Especially right after the awesome Shonen Heart.

it just show how predictable AGE is. ( this was indeed the most predicted outcome of this part when it was airing ) at least on the gundam fans foroms i was visiting.

In Gundam AGE you only need to watch 2 episodes an arc, I'm thinking. The first so you can predict exactly how everything will play out, and the last so you can check and see and also adjust predictions for the next arc.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I thought you'd be insulted that
Nao and Reika went into each other's arms for comfort at the finale
:lol Talk about trolling the Nissan Combination people.

But hey, man, some official art basically implies that Kenzaki Makoto/Cure Sword is Akane and Nao combined into one character! She even has a cool androgynous name. Don't give up hope just yet!

Oh I was a little miffed at that scene no doubt, but I was too busy trying to hold back my tears to get worked up about it. :lol

Regarding Doki Doki and Cure Sword, she was the one Precure I was actually interested in. I just hate her casual clothes. Terrible.

cajunator

Banned
Doesn't it take like several seasons to introduce all the sailor senshi

Yes it does.
The iDOLM@STER - 19

Takane looked amazing
I think that is all that need be said.

Back when Heartcatch was airing only 7th and I were watching, a turn of events that I attribute to people's apparent disgust towards Umakoshi's character designs (...sigh). Smile's, on the other hand, are safer and cute enough to attract the cajunator/hnnngtastic audience in here.

I dont mind umakoshi designs, they just aren't my favorite. I prefer Smile.

I felt bad about forgetting to mention Inferno Cop in my list of current shows I'm watching. So to make up for it I made sure to get a friend of mine to watch it and then I thought I'd spread the good word on Miiverse.

iWT6BqRkxuXMJ.jpg

This is excellent. Wish I didn't let my art lax so much.
i must create more Cute.

Gunbuster 06: Awesome ending.

Vividred Operation 01: I didn't get attracted by this show in any way. Dropped. With the freed time, I'll take another shot at Senran Kagura, just in case.

Jojo 08, 09: Jojo is such a geat show. Can't wait to see how Joseph will face vampires and who-knows-what.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The japanese rent CDs?! What the hell?
Yeah, the same way that we used to rent movies. Given how expensive they are, it makes sense!

The first two carry the show effortlessly until that point. No, really!
That doesn't mean it's bad, and they do enough with the ancillary characters (Yuri, Dark Cure, Itsuki) until Cure Sunshine gets introduced that it doesn't get irritating.
I'll have to take your guys' word for it. I don't think I can go back to Heartcatch unfortunately.

Also...

Smile Precure 48

So yeah...

It was cheap, really really cheap. For a show that I thought was going to be based on story books, it's funny that the last episode looks about as animated as one!

But a lot of the beats I expected were there. The
crying
, the way that the final boss was defeated -
with a hug, of course
, the fact that SDBurton dies -
Beauty x March
, and of course the really cheap but understandable
post credits ending

And hey, it works for the most part.
I was hoping for a more substantial denouement with the girls actually interacting with each other and reflecting on the year, but I guess they just didn't have the time to do that.
(I still don't get why it's only 48 episodes when the previous ones were longer, but ah well).

Probably the only thing that surprised me was the fact that they moved the commercial break up so fast. There really was no other place they could have put it, but I think they wished that they didn't have to have a commercial at all. You work with what they give you!

Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I feel like this is going to be the the peak of the Precure franchise for me. I kind of get why Jeff Gerstmann says he never wants to play another Persona game again because the Persona 4 cast is the only cast he cares about now. lol
But hey, if some of the older Precure shows could get sequel series... maybe there can be... Smile Precure 2: Grinning Precures? Right? Riiiight? lol

I'll probably watch the new one for a few episodes at least to give it a chance, but I'm anticipating disappointment... through no fault of the show itself of course. But, that's just how it is.

Ice Cream 7
B2Ch06j.png

Nope, only classy stuff here.
Aki Toyosaki is in everything now, isn't she? She's probably going to end up doing a voice in Tamako too.
So after fantasizing about Chitanda in the hotsprings, Oreki passes out? I wonder what he was doing...
Apparently you can't have summer without ghost stories. I always associated ghost stories with winter instead, but that may be more of a northern climate sort of thing.
Finally, the character I've been waiting for is in the next episode!
U1hXfvU.png

Her legs are nice too I guess...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They still rent movies! Its a big industry.

I just rented a couple movies to watch last Saturday.

(wtf, J.Edgar Hoover was gay?!)
In Canada at least, there are no more rental chain stores. If you want to rent a movie, you have to go to a vending machine (or a local store that's probably a front for some crime :p).

And yes, of course he was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom