• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
0pafCh9.png

Keep on truckin'.

Of course you'd react to the proper edit, so would I, it just felt like your comment on quoting me was along the lines of "anyone want to actually do what I asked instead of this loser?"

Anyway, whatever. I'm just doing to drop this before it gets stupid.

I think you misinterpreted my post. When I am in the pursuit of Cute I have a one track mind.
I didnt mean it to come across in that way.
*hugs Arti

Cwarrior

Berserk Golden Age part II Battle for Doldrey: CG blades will clash and eye's will bleed

These movies needs to be longer, I could already tell when starting the movie I was going to have the same gripes with this one I did the last one after seeing it's only 1h30mins,Who makes these stupid decisions when it comes to anime movie length, it's ridiculous how bloated anime movie's are in general for the storys they tell(tons of wasting time on nonsense like skyshots and shots of telephone poles&cicadas) but when a rare occasion like this comes along a story that justify a decent length to fully adapt they decide to be conservative with the length all of a sudden.
Last movie Gut 's bonding with the band of the hawks was cut this time Gut's great speech about the bonfire of dreams was cut.

The movie could of used an extra 10-15mins but alas I should be glad not much was cut this time and the core story remains, it's berserk baby.

Some random changes
nosferatu doesn't show up to help guts
caska's fight

Extra's who knows why
-ball room dancing - I got this instead of bonfire of dreams :'(, I hear gaf likes ball room dances scenes
-extended sex scene - why, could of shorted this and cut ball room dance and maybe got bonfire of dreams scene in maybe :'(
holy knights girl & fox dude make a cameo -wait aren't they only doing three movies those two don't show up till much later.
Visuals
Well it looked better then the last movie that's not saying much, it jumped from good looking 2d to eye bleeding anime cg back &forth.

Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOliVhbBo8,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lds0GGk7WgM,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3Edb1g_6c
yes it's excellent and hype as fuck

Overall
This movie was pretty good for an anime movie thanks to the story, pacing and dialogue being vastly better than your typical anime movie but still it's a large disservice to the source material, berserk deserves much better than this ugly thing.

Go read the Manga if you want to experience berserk, if you really want to see this movie make sure you get better protective goggles then I did.

RIP Bonfire of dreams

Hakuouki Hekketsuroku 14 - 22(end) (eng dub - Record of the Jade Blood)
tumblr_lh7kf32oVC1qcd7huo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lzs4r4g5JS1r8clxxo1_500.gif

Really good story though I wonder what compelled the writer of I guess the games and anime to go this route. A bit too realistic for my tastes but I guess it is how life was back in the day. Really emotional and intense ride and essentially I was on the wrong team the whole time.
Any of my favorite characters just killed off

And at the end
death for even Hijikata, but at least he got the winning kiss

I cant wait for the OVA dubs and then the Reimeiroku prequel to get dubbed. Favorite part of this season was everyone wearing western clothes, Heisuke (second favorite) had a huge upgrade and turned out the best while Harada and Okita for second favorite. Okita, still suffering from what came in season one did have a big nice moment and has my second favorite english voice in this, and Harada is just a real good personality.
--

Next is gintama and junjou romantica (dvd)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just feel like they probably could have used even one extra episode to have a more satisfying ending. I guess there's probably an episode in the Smile run that they could have cut to make that happen, but I can't really think of one.

Episode 18 was probably the worst (the marathon episode) because it was purely serious business and babby's first teamwork/ganbare aesop. It had nothing that could satisfy an older audience, so I'd scrap it immediately :lol

Anyway, the endgame would have worked fine in the amount of time it was given if only it was more cohesive. Going from
Joker curbstomp -> Bad End Precure -> SSJ Pierrot -> Gigyas Pierrot
in four episodes was straight-up ADD with the pulling twists and escalations out of their asses without any sense that the events naturally flowed in and out of each other. Hell, even Suite had a more cohesive endgame, even if it was just
the final boss and the Precure engaged in an endless loop of alternating powerup/beatdowns until Rhythm finally says fuck it and unleashes the power of love
:lol Sometimes simpler is better.

Did mad pierrot lose his avatar again?

Had a few bad days/made a couple of posts in OT that I needed answers to.

cajunator

Banned
Episode 18 was probably the worst (the marathon episode) because it was purely serious business and babby's first teamwork/ganbare aesop. It had nothing that could satisfy an older audience, so I'd scrap it immediately :lol

Anyway, the endgame would have worked fine in the amount of time it was given if only it was more cohesive. Going from
in four episodes was straight-up ADD with the pulling twists and escalations out of their asses without any sense that the events naturally flowed in and out of each other. Hell, even Suite had a more cohesive endgame, even if it was just
the final boss and the Precure engaged in an endless loop of alternating powerup/beatdowns until Rhythm finally says fuck it and unleashes the power of love

Had a few bad days/made a couple of posts in OT that I needed answers to.
Do you take the avatar down when posting in OT? Man, when I post elsewhere people see catgirl Komugi AND THEYRE GONNA FUCKIN LIKE IT.
Dont feel ashamed to have an anime avatar. Be proud of it. Embrace your fandom!

One Piece 581
tumblr_mh180cYKEn1r7xd5jo1_500.gif

Could have used a bit more action but at least big food was involved. Probably slowest episode thus far in the arc, but still entertaining.

I wonder how long will the Film Z clips stay in the OP, they really are quite a bit more exciting than the episode contents...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Chihayafuru 2] 02
Maybe it's just the fact that I've been reading Heartcatch doujins since my little talk with SDBurton a few pages back, but I'm starting to see yuri everywhere.

Is it bad that I find Creepy Stalker-chan moé? I had the same feelings for Ringo in Penguindrum.

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 6

Damn, the producer really sucks at his job. He tries to overwork in order to get the girls work after Ritsuko puts together a successful project (which has Ami in it. Eww). And he keeps fucking up, like giving the girl with a fear of heights the stand-in in an action movie.

However, over the course of the episode, he learns an important lesson: that the girls aren't a bunch of children incapable of doing things on their own. If he gets them the right work, they can take it from there. That's all he needs to do; he doesn't need to be everywhere at every time to be present when the girls are doing their thing.

Nafe

Oh yes, she is! And in a way so joyful it captures really naturally that child-like vision of the world. Yotsuba&! is something any person can wonder with, and with its detailed while clean style and foremost visual language even the very same infants it is inspired in can appreciate it (more easily with cool picture books destined to please every audience like this one; http://www.yotuba.com/sirokuro.html).

Okay. Based on the responses I'll see if I can take a look at the manga sometime and maybe just slowly make my way through it whenever I get time and am in the mood.

Ice Cream 7
Finally, the character I've been waiting for is in the next episode!

It will be interesting to see what you think of her based on your impressions of the show so far.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The iDOLM@STER - 20

I blame Smile for softening me up, because this episode got me right in the feels. I don't know whether I should be more blown away by Chihaya's powerful, emotional performance or her
smile
. Wow.

And yeah, #1 OTP at this time is HarukaxChihaya.

Glad you changed your opinion of her <3

Chihaya x Kincaido OTP

cajunator

Banned
[Chihayafuru 2] 02

Maybe it's just the fact that I've been reading Heartcatch doujins since my little talk with SDBurton a few pages back, but I'm starting to see yuri everywhere.

Is it bad that I find Creepy Stalker-chan moé? I had the same feelings for Ringo in Penguindrum.

Hnnnngnano is pretty great but Kana is still best girl.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Isnt that better for importing goodies?

Yes it totally is. It means each dollar equals more yen! :D So instead of 1 dollar just being say, 75 yen, now it's worth 91. It's hopefully going to go back to the days of 1 to 100 like it was in the good days! :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Kazzy

From what I've read about her so far, I can see myself liking her a lot.

Yeah,
if you like manipulative bitches.
So it's a good thing I do!
Seriously though, I did like her knocking Oreki off his pedestal, and the ensuing drama. It pretty much marked the turning point in my overall opinion on him.

faridmon

When you have a week off, what exactly do you do? I am off for a week as I have finished my semester on Friday, and I don't know what to do. I am gonna catch up with few Animes I have missed, but Surely I can't just rely on Anime for a Week :/

Andrew J.

When you have a week off, what exactly do you do? I am off for a week as I have finished my semester on Friday, and I don't know what to do. I am gonna catch up with few Animes I have missed, but Surely I can't just rely on Anime for a Week :/

You're on GAF, you've gotta have a huge backlog of video games, right?

GINTAMA 232-236 RENHO INVASION ARC

I wasn't anticipating an arc that looked so weak at the start to become so fun to watch in the end.

Gintama%20-%20233.jpg

you know that they have a good taste!

Star wars , star trek , gundam , actraiser, UNO .. those should be the main keywords of this arc.

Seriously , everything was stupid , yet everything made sorta sense .. what's cool is the dark vader parts that were trully inspired with some cool moments overall.

I must admit the gundam section aka 3/4 of 235 were trully beautifully animated ..gundam AGE take notes ! EVEN better the super robot parts in 236 were still excellent ...and were an excellent way to up the climax to the appropriate levels.

in short , except the stupid fake ending , gintama style , kudos to sunrise !

There was a good amount of jokes and a nice deal of action. i write this being totally satisfied .

VERDICT (RENHO ARC) : EXCELLENT

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think they felt bad for snubbing Bigelow's immortal classic Point Break.

Plus, they weren't exactly gonna give it to Jim Cameron again, were they?
That was a weak year... I guess Basterds could have won it.

I liked the marathon episode. Ah well. :p

Honestly, I didn't mind the constant escalation inasmuch they had to top the end game off. But given that the ending was inevitably going to be a
fake out, I would have preferred if the final gambit of using the heart stone thing didn't happen and they just defeated Depression in 47.
I just wanted a more fulfilling closing episode for the characters anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom