• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Digimon Tamers 1 (Rewatch)

Man, The Biggest Dreamers is such an awesome opening.

xxxAqgX.jpg
ffd9LtP.jpg

I've decided to watch this for the first time in, what, eight years? Time sure flies. I've watched the first three seasons back then, and this one is definitely my favorite. I love the different atmosphere it has when compared to the first two because it gives a feeling similar to the Tokyo episodes from the Adventure all the time.

Also, it has Terriermon and Juri. Good times.

Syrinx

Nuuuuuu.
Not even close XD

Then Christ dude, how much anime do you buy?! With all those anime figurines you have at the exorbitant prices due to the dollar sucking duck against the yen plus those high shipping costs...that's like a couple hundred per figure, right?

I'll probably never even consider purchasing a figure. Unless there was one that looked SUPER awesome and tempting...and even then, I'd only consider it, before I'd decide to spend my money on something more...practical.

cajunator

Banned
When you have a week off, what exactly do you do? I am off for a week as I have finished my semester on Friday, and I don't know what to do. I am gonna catch up with few Animes I have missed, but Surely I can't just rely on Anime for a Week :/
I have the week off work every other week. When Im off I clean my room, watch animu, play WiiU a bit, go fishing, go to the movies, go out to eat, visit the parents, and occasionally draw.

cajunator

Banned
Then Christ dude, how much anime do you buy?! With all those anime figurines you have at the exorbitant prices due to the dollar sucking duck against the yen plus those high shipping costs...that's like a couple hundred per figure, right?

I'll probably never even consider purchasing a figure. Unless there was one that looked SUPER awesome and tempting...and even then, I'd only consider it, before I'd decide to spend my money on something more...practical.
Hmm. Usually 100 or 200$ worth of stuff every order about 5 or 6 times a year, so $1000+ I would guess.

Bakuman 3 - 17
tumblr_mh9zyadeYK1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Well I guess they could actually fully wrap up the rest of Bakuman in this season. They lost major cool points from me for completely skipping my second favorite arc with my favorite non Saiko character, why....That arc was like just about the entirety of a whole volume even.
Nanamine's company arc

Anyway I like Eiji's proposal as well as Ashirogi Muto, the chapter this episode ended on was the last one Viz released so now I have no clue what even happened next anymore. I guess I like their proposal too though it gives me Zetman feelings, somehow.

faridmon

You're on GAF, you've gotta have a huge backlog of video games, right?

My PSP broke as it won't read the UMDs so its useless. I haven't bought anything for my DS for a while, and while I am replaying FFT A2, I have no desire to go through my backlog, since I have finished the game I have enjoyed. I can't afford 3DS nor Vita at the moment and my consoles are in another city.

so no :/

I have the week off work every other week. When Im off I clean my room, watch animu, play WiiU a bit, go fishing, go to the movies, go out to eat, visit the parents, and occasionally draw.

Yeah, I have to clean my room and also, yeah, a movie or two is the plan, although this week is terrible week for movies (here in UK). I am going to 3 gigs, but they aren't happening until Thursday. I'll probably get myself a book or two to read.

Maedhros

I don't know the details because I haven't played the game, but I sure as hell hope so. Best girl by an infinite margin.

Yup, she's fucking great!

Also... Psycho-Pass is going on the route most of us predicted huh? Sibila being the "evil" that needs to disappear.

Jintor

I've decided to watch this for the first time in, what, eight years? Time sure flies. I've watched the first three seasons back then, and this one is definitely my favorite. I love the different atmosphere it has when compared to the first two because it gives a feeling similar to the Tokyo episodes from the Adventure all the time.

YES

YES

YES

Gintama 1
tumblr_mhbiug3Scg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This was like vintage crunchyroll, the subtitles style they employed and only being in like 480 and sd.

Tommy Heavenly OP, and hearing Roronoa Zoro's voice was the best part, I can only hope Hijikata of the Shinsengumi shows up more and more as easily best character so far, and the one with him (above), that mans that gun is good too. Comparing this to Sket Dance, I like that setting more and the characters more in that, I guess these just feel slightly less well designed than they did, like Gin is no Bossun :( Though he does have some occasionally god moments so I think Im a fan already anyway. Shin too. The girl feels too angry and borders on being a bit annoying at times and kind of clueless.

Though kind of a dull first episode :/

Cwarrior

Since the footage shows the skullknight that means there going further then the tv anime with the story but I don't think by much.

I expect part 3 to have more manga content then the final parts of the anime but not sure on how much more.

especially The rescue arc should be a lot more like the manga but I don't expect the giant apostel dude to show up in the movie

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 24

Poor Haruka.
All she wanted was to hang with all of her fellow idols like the good 'ol days.
Leave it to
Chihaya to help her girl out.

Oh, and
Producer-san looked like shit at the hospital.
:lol

Chronoexe

Smile precure! - 48

Nooooooooo I want moreeeeeeee

This was my first Precure series and only watched it because I saw images of Yayoi and didn't expect anything but in the end it was a good show, I liked the end and I cried a little but it feels rushed maybe an ova or another movie can fix this but with doki doki starting next week I don't think so.

I'm going to miss the girls so much even Candy but only in her loli form ;__;

Now I will continue with HeartCatch because I rushed Smile so hard that I need a daily dosis of precure.

My list:

Nao - Yesterday I discovered her seiyu was Marina Inoue now I love her.
Yayoi
Akane
Miyuki
Reika

Narag

The first or second, no idea how Crunchy labels this are pretty bad since there's no real plot and instead just gives you a brief introduction of all the characters in the show.

Afterwards, they get going on actually introducing the characters and such.

Aren't they like bits and pieces of the first Jump special?

12 episodes in and still enjoying Space Brothers. I think I spoiled myself reading this thread, but the anime is good enough that I don't mind too much. Looking forward to catching up!

Ixion Saga DT 16

Kon scenes was best scenes especially in the window and bed scene in his underwear, and Variation commenting about it. Variation also had good scene too especially that ending one. I guess Incognito wont be around much more?

Moonlight

Banned
The Idolm@ster Episode 11

Looks like things are approaching something of a climax, at least, for the first half of this show. So, of course, the idols begin training for it. Honestly, it started off fairly middling - Yukiho is still one of the worst characters in the show, and the best thing she's done for much of its' run is stay out of it, but she certainly did not stay out of this one. Still, by the second half, the quality jumped immensely. I've been saying this since episode four, but it hasn't stopped being true. The show gets much better when it cuts the fat and focuses entirely on two or three characters. In particular, Haruka and Chihaya. I think they're the only real friendship the show has invested any time into, and it just works really well. I'm fond of their contrast and the way Haruka tries to engage Chihaya. The scenes with them were just really great in general. There was a lot that's foreshadowed in regards to Chihaya's situation (and her sudden question as to why Haruka has chosen to be an idol) in a fairly deft manner.

And I have to say, the more of the spotlight that Haruka gets, the more and more I like her. She doesn't exactly have the deepest motives for being an idol or anything, but her enthusiasm about it all is just very infectious. She's a very fun, earnest character.

Looks like the next episode is gonna feature Miki, not that I'm surprised. I couldn't have imagined they wouldn't return to her confusion over how eligibility for Ryuuguu Komachi. It looks like the bubble has finally burst, and what happens next will be about salvaging that mess.

Gonna take a break from Idolm@ster for the rest of today, I think.

tl;dr

S Tier
Chihaya
Makoto

A+ Tier
Azusa

A Tier
Haruka
Miki

B Tier
Hibiki
Iori
Takane

D Tier
Ami and Mami
Yayoi

F Tier
Yukiho

Syrinx

The iDOLM@STER 7

Why is Yayoi on everybody's shitlist again? This episode made me fell way better toward her. She takes on a lot of responsibility for a poor family with lots of children, and she manages to be cheerful while doing it. Her brother's a stupid wiener going through puberty, though.

Hell, I even felt better about Iori and Hibiki in this episode. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this ep as much as I did with that trio. Though, why is Iori's dog named Jean Valjean?

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLM@STER 7

Why is Yayoi on everybody's shitlist again? This episode made me fell way better toward her. She takes on a lot of responsibility for a poor family with lots of children, and she manages to be cheerful while doing it. Her brother's a stupid wiener going through puberty, though.

Hell, I even felt better about Iori and Hibiki in this episode. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this ep as much as I did with that trio. Though, why is Iori's dog named Jean Valjean?
Because her dog is miserable.

Moonlight

Banned
The iDOLM@STER 7

Why is Yayoi on everybody's shitlist again?
I would describe it less as being part of my shitlist and more total apathy. She's just not that interesting, in my opinion. I don't think I'm asking (or expecting) for an exceptional amount of depth given the kind of show this is, but her character quirks never really grabbed me, and her voice and delivery is pretty irritating. She's not the absolute worst, but I really don't care for her.

Novid

Banned
0pafCh9.png

Keep on truckin'.

Of course you'd react to the proper edit, so would I, it just felt like your comment on quoting me was along the lines of "anyone want to actually do what I asked instead of this loser?"

Anyway, whatever. I'm just doing to drop this before it gets stupid.

i think stewie from family guy said it best...

"were not falling were crashing!"

trejo

Another 6-12

Eh, it was alright. Things got a lot less interesting once explanations started coming in but the Final Destination-styled deaths and, more importantly, the
ridiculous mass breakdown that took place once the class got to the lodge in the mountains
never failed to provide some entertainment. Also, a lot of trouble could've been saved if Misaki had just disclosed
who the dead person was
a lot sooner.

Ali Project still sucks ass.

Ultimadrago

The iDOLM@STER 3-4

Yukiho is now in last place.

Finally, we got something out of Chihaya. It doesn't make me think any better of her though.

The iDOLM@STER 5

"Beach episode!", etc. It would seem focusing on the group as a whole is the way to go with this series. The character-centered episodes thus far have been non-good. The beach antics were, well...beach antics and I was quite alright with that. Chihaya's envy was mildly amusing. Of course,
drinking
Azusa was the MVP.

Another 6-12

Eh, it was alright. Things got a lot less interesting once explanations started coming in but the Final Destination-styled deaths and, more importantly, the
ridiculous mass breakdown that took place once the class got to the lodge in the mountains
never failed to provide some entertainment. Also, a lot of trouble could've been saved if Misaki had just disclosed
who the dead person was
a lot sooner.

she could have but it must have been difficult to find someway to tell sakakibara that it was his aunt...even if she did, I dont think they would have killed her that early

Moonlight

Banned
The iDOLM@STER 3-4

Finally, we got something out of Chihaya. It doesn't make me think any better of her though.

The iDOLM@STER 5

It would seem focusing on the group as a whole is the way to go with this series. The character-centered episodes thus far have been non-good.
IT81WQw.png

It appears we've come to the opposite conclusions over this show.

Except for Yukiho.

Syrinx

Wonder what I'll kwatch this week. I have more schoolwork than usual, but I've gotten a pretty good start on that, so it shouldn't be too distracting. I don't want to burn myself out on The iDOLM@STER like I've been prone to do lately. Was thinking of checking out Soul Eater.

I'll think more about this tomorrow.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Kotoura-san episode 3

Wow I haven't seen an anime this charming in a LONG time. I can't believe how a "random" episode can have so much development and made me tear up again.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The iDOLM@STER - 25 [END]

Quite the finale! Really had a blast with this marathon and to be honest I'm pretty sad that it's over already. Every girl by the end of the show proved their worth and unleashed some outstanding performances whether it was through singing, dancing, or tv personality. It was quite the pleasure watching them all start off as rookie idols and progressing to the top of stardom. Looks like I need to check out the specials next!

Final Ranks:

1. Azusa
  2. Ritsuko
  3. Makoto
  4. Haruka
  5. Chihaya
  6. Yukiho
  7. Miki
  8. Takane
  9. Ami&Mami
  10. Hibiki
  11. Iori
  12. Yayoi

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Another 6-12

who the dead person was
a lot sooner.

Ali project did get the Noir opening right at least.

The first Ali Project song you hear is the one you'll look back fondly on. All the others will just sound like copies of that first one in your head, so they'll all suck.

Another was amusing, but it was definitely one of those shows where shit happens solely because of one character's unnecessary negligence or stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom