• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Wonder what I'll kwatch this week. I have more schoolwork than usual, but I've gotten a pretty good start on that, so it shouldn't be too distracting. I don't want to burn myself out on The iDOLM@STER like I've been prone to do lately. Was thinking of checking out Soul Eater.

I'll think more about this tomorrow.
If you haven't seen it already, I recommend Code: Breaker. I finished it a few days ago and it really blew me away.

zeroshiki

There's a misunderstanding among some people that the Yen crashing is a BAD THING.

Its a bad thing if you like imported stuff and travel alot, sure, but for nearly everyone else, the Yen going down is a good thing. They want a weak yen because the biggest Japanese industries are export based. Sony, Toyota, Panasonic, etc are all probably jumping up and down with joy because with the weak yen, they are able to compete in the global marketplace better against the Chinese and Koreans.

Risette

A Good Citizen
There's a misunderstanding among some people that the Yen crashing is a BAD THING.

Its a bad thing if you like imported stuff and travel alot, sure, but for nearly everyone else, the Yen going down is a good thing. They want a weak yen because the biggest Japanese industries are export based. Sony, Toyota, Panasonic, etc are all probably jumping up and down with joy because with the weak yen, they are able to compete in the global marketplace better against the Chinese and Koreans.
Right, it's a good thing. Novid is so silly!

cajunator

Banned
Kotoura-san episode 3

Wow I haven't seen an anime this charming in a LONG time. I can't believe how a "random" episode can have so much development and made me tear up again.

I know. Kotoura is such an adorable little sweetheart. Love her to death.
At least episode three didn't drag her through the mud.

The first Ali Project song you hear is the one you'll look back fondly on. All the others will just sound like copies of that first one in your head, so they'll all suck.

Another was amusing, but it was definitely one of those shows where shit happens solely because of one character's unnecessary negligence or stupidity.

I think Copperia's casket was one of the first opening songs ali project did to begin with.
The Rozen maiden opening fucking sucks, although the show was alright.

Jarmel

Banned
Rewatched the new Psycho-Pass OP.
iw5kgfipd49zW.jpg
It's truly great.
Everything about it(other than that slightly wonky Kogami vs Kogami bit) is fantastic. The colors, music, shots, camera work, transitions, storyboarding and the character animations themselves are all top notch. The OP just pops.
Even the way the visuals narrow to a certain ratio and display the staff stuff then pop up again. It's really fantastic. I mean no matter how the show turns out in regards to the shitty writing, this is straight up legit.
In short, this is the best work I've seen from Shiotani by far(I haven't seen the Blood-C movie though). Even if you dropped the show or aren't watching the show, you should still take a look at the 2nd OP.

trejo

she could have but it must have been difficult to find someway to tell sakakibara that it was his aunt...even if she did, I dont think they would have killed her that early

I think just a quick "yo dude, uh, your aunt's looking a little dead of late just thought you should know" once people started dropping like flies all around them should be considered a common courtesy.
But I guess that would've made for a much shorter show.

Ali project did get the Noir opening right at least.

Kirei na Kanjou is such a much better song it's not even funny.

Another was amusing, but it was definitely one of those shows where shit happens solely because of one character's unnecessary negligence or stupidity.

Yeah, definitely. I think would've been raging a lot more at my screen by all the stupidity on display during those last couple of episodes had I cared more about any of the characters. Instead I was just wildly amused.

edit: By the way, Idolm@ster sure has taken this thread by storm lately, huh?

Well at least it's not more Hyouka/SAO as per usual.

Man, what caused this Idolmaster marathon explosion? I'm out of the loop.

IIRC, random late night idolmaster waifu talk -> kayos ends up watching it
and overshadows other people who were watching it already
-> kayos starts ranking the girls -> everyone follows causing we all must rank stuff.

I'm probably missing something inbetween waifu talk and kayos watching.

Yo AnimeGAF first time in this thread.

Watching Maoyu and HXH mostly nowadays with a rerun of Digimon Tamers in the background. Trying to expand to new animes while trying to drop bad ones.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yo AnimeGAF first time in this thread.

Watching Maoyu and HXH mostly nowadays with a rerun of Digimon Tamers in the background. Trying to expand to new animes while trying to drop bad ones.

I've just started mine today! Good times.

Welcome to the thread. Try not to let the mess scare you.

Ezalc

I'm glad that you people are seeing the greatness of Azusa while also being enlightened by how horrible Iori, Yukiho and the twins are. At least most of you anyways.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
IIRC, random late night idolmaster waifu talk -> kayos ends up watching it
and overshadows other people who were watching it already
-> kayos starts ranking the girls -> everyone follows causing we all must rank stuff.

I'm probably missing something inbetween waifu talk and kayos watching.

Oh, well in that case allow me to enter the fray because it's the cool thing to do now and my account was still in limbo when I watched the show:

S-tier

Ritsuko, Makoto

A-tier

Takane, Chihaya, Kotori

B-tier

Hibiki, Azusa, Miki

C-tier

Haruka, Iori

F-tier

Yayoi, AmiMami

Yukiho-tier

Yukiho

The iDOLM@STER 3
fMxQwun.jpg

People shouldn't hate her so much, it's not her fault her eyes are crooked.
First gig and it's out in the middle of nowhere. I usually like shy characters, but I thought Yukiho's extreme shyness was a little overdone. So this episode didn't make me like her anymore than I already do. Her singing voice sounds a lot different than her normal talking voice.
  1. Azusa
  2. Takane
  3. Makoto
  4. Ritsuko
  5. Miki
  6. Yukiho
  7. Chihaya
  8. Haruka
  9. Hibiki
  10. Kotori
  11. Yayoi
  12. The Twins Ami & Mami
  13. Producer
  14. Iori

wonzo

Banned
kotori > ristuko = chihaya > makoto = miki > azusa > hibiki > iori = yayoi > takane = haruka > ami & mami > yukiho > punpunp-san

cajunator

Banned
I think just a quick "yo dude, uh, your aunt's looking a little dead of late just thought you should know" once people started dropping like flies all around them should be considered a common courtesy.
But I guess that would've made for a much shorter show.

Kirei na Kanjou is such a much better song it's not even funny.

Yeah, definitely. I think would've been raging a lot more at my screen by all the stupidity on display during those last couple of episodes had I cared more about any of the characters. Instead I was just wildly amused.

edit: By the way, Idolm@ster sure has taken this thread by storm lately, huh?

Well at least it's not more Hyouka/SAO as per usual.
i only saiid it was ali project's best opening song, not Noir's best track.

These are better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O3-ohtxxsw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjgqjiE8eMk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKUluxt8QGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4IJ55MoLI

And a dozen others.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm just going to wait a couple of weeks to watch anything else from this season and then catch up all at once. Considering how often I fall behind, this is pretty much my default method of seasonal watching at this point anyway.

I'm just going to wait a couple of weeks to watch anything else from this season and then catch up all at once. Considering how often I fall behind, this is pretty much my default method of seasonal watching at this point anyway.

That's usually how I do it, there's usually only about like one or two shows that I feel like staying current with.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's usually how I do it, there's usually only about like one or two shows that I feel like staying current with.

I'm watching fifteen things that are currently airing, even though it's backlog season. How the hell did that happen?

Well, half of it is from fall, but damn, I think I was only watching 19 or 20 simultaneously in the supposedly-stacked previous season. That two-cour stuff sneaks up on you.

I'm watching fifteen things that are currently airing, even though it's backlog season. How the hell did that happen?

Well, half of it is from fall, but damn, I think I was only watching 19 or 20 simultaneously in the supposedly-stacked previous season. That two-cour stuff sneaks up on you.

And I mean, there are quite a few shows that I like this season. I just don't have the drive to keep up with them. Not to mention I should be busy with school work anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom