• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
And I mean, there are quite a few shows that I like this season. I just don't have the drive to keep up with them. Not to mention I should be busy with school work anyways.

At least you have an excuse for not being current. Being a NEET and still not having the motivation to just sit down and watch shit is the ultimate shame.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_luecdxIJfw1r1f9bbo1_400.gif

Hnngh to her rhythm Cajun, you know you want to.
YAMADA YAMADA!!

You left before I could compliment the .gif, Chet.

Oh right, I did leave, didn't I?
At least you have an excuse for not being current. Being a NEET and still not having the motivation to just sit down and watch shit is the ultimate shame.
I have this problem where if I have time off, I don't feel like doing much, but when I have school work to do, I want to watch/draw/play a bunch of stuff.

Defuser

Gintama 1
tumblr_mhbiug3Scg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This was like vintage crunchyroll, the subtitles style they employed and only being in like 480 and sd.

Tommy Heavenly OP, and hearing Roronoa Zoro's voice was the best part, I can only hope Hijikata of the Shinsengumi shows up more and more as easily best character so far, and the one with him (above), that mans that gun is good too. Comparing this to Sket Dance, I like that setting more and the characters more in that, I guess these just feel slightly less well designed than they did, like Gin is no Bossun :( Though he does have some occasionally god moments so I think Im a fan already anyway. Shin too. The girl feels too angry and borders on being a bit annoying at times and kind of clueless.

Though kind of a dull first episode :/

1st episode is a filler.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Best idol.

I'm a little afraid of slaughtering a possible sacred cow here, but Minmei was pretty insufferable on the whole. Maybe less so in DYRL, but I can't remember.

If we're talking Macross idols, Sheryl >>> *

OceanBlue

Character rankings aside, Inami really grew on me in season two. If I remember correctly, she does a better job keeping her androphobia in check in season two and regrets her actions more frequently.

Thoraxes

Nazuna > Yamada > Drunk Nee-san > Poplar > Frail Nee-san > Yachiyo > Manager > Mob Sister > Writer Nee-san >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inami

If only season 1 didn't exist to influence my rankings, things would be mixed up more.

8lZwjRY.png

trejo

I'm a little afraid of slaughtering a possible sacred cow here, but Minmei was pretty insufferable on the whole. Maybe less so in DYRL, but I can't remember.

If we're talking Macross idols, Sheryl >>> *

Away from the spotlight? Sure. But as an honest to goodness legit idol? Sheryl ain't got shit on her.

wonzo

Banned
Musashi Gundoh TV 10

ibhx7Ggqyl4A4F.gif

Welp, this was without a doubt the most poorly animated full length episode of anything I've ever seen (MOVE OVER YASHIGANI). It's ridiculously poor even by this show's incredibly pathetic standards. The single worst offender in this episode isn't the woefully inconsistent art or the bad animation but the fact that there are entire sequences NOT EVEN ANIMATED IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE. You can tell thanks to the truly hideous still frames and zoom-ins like the one above complete with the sound effects of what's supposed to happen played in the background. The worst thing about that is that you can't help but imagine just how badly animated it would've been if they actually did bother to animate it, essentially giving you a massive headache in the process. It doesn't help they don't even bother to animate the FUCKING LIP MOVEMENTS half the time and repeat the already shit animation over and over again like some long running Toei series.

imQIU9etVyuKT.gif

ibhzL6JuxclRfA.gif

FUCK

Oh dear, we're ranking Working! now?

Yamada > Nazuna > Yachiyo > Izumi > Kozune > Maya > Haruna > Inami > Poplar > Kyoko > Kazue > Mitsuki

Yamada > Soma > Otoo > Sato > Yohei > Inami's Father > Takanashi

jbug617

Banned
Nazuna > Yamada > Drunk Nee-san > Poplar > Frail Nee-san > Yachiyo > Manager > Mob Sister > Writer Nee-san >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inami

If only season 1 didn't exist to influence my rankings, things would be mixed up more.

Okay I can accept Nazuna because she was pretty good when she was on the show but how is Inami low tier. She tries to fix her problems.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 35

This was a really good episode. Filled to bursting with revelations.
Dewey is Holland's brother, Talho used to date Dewey.
, Dewey starts to chew the scenery and lose his cool a bit, quoting from the Bible, delivering the nearest to "A God Am I" speech to Holland he could without actually declaring himself a God. Anemone finally realizing what Dominic has so completely failed to understand for the entire show: that both of them are expendable. Holland getting one truly excellent "The Reason You Suck" line to Dewey after his grandstanding. Lots of good action sequences. Eureka and Renton having a meaningful conversation about killing people that was, in many ways more genuine than what I normally see in mecha shows and anime in general.

Really, this was just all around a very solid episode. Still can't stand Talho's new outfit/hairdo, though.

Ezalc

What was the greatest waifu war? I think when im@s started there was some bannings. We should remember them and learn from our past.

Thoraxes

Okay I can accept Nazuna because she was pretty good when she was on the show but how is Inami low tier. She tries to fix her problems.

It's more the reliance on her problem in season 1.

I was totally OK with her in season 2 and she was just done way better that season, but the first season she was kinda droning and like a broken record despite being adorable.

I want to put her higher, but I just can not forget the existence of the skewing of season 1.

OceanBlue

Tamako Market episode 4 preview is now up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKjTgklNB90

High quantities of Anko detected.

Irresponsibly staying up despite needing to wake up early paid off! I guess.

As expected, the episode will be about Anko. If I remember correctly, her character description said she doesn't especially like the mochi store and wishes it were more modern. Lol, she's probably going to be all tsundere for the mochi shop at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom