• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Musashi Gundoh TV: Making Kingdom look good
i1WGfAhZG8Jvy.gif

OceanBlue

Speaking of Working!!, I do hope there's a third season for it. I'm pretty sure sales for the previous 2 are good.

If I remember correctly, season one sales were in the 20k range while season two sales were around 16k-18k. If anything keeps another season from being made, it won't be poor sales.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, I know that there are hipster rental stores around Toronto at least.
"Excuse me mate. I need to rent a hipster since I'm going over to Brick Lane and don't want to look out of place. What kind of hipsters do you have in stock?"

Ixion Saga DT 16

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/ixionsagadt16.jpg

Look at the face of the worlds most ineffective sadist snowman turned hitman. I'm looking forward to how they're gonna troll us all next week.
Waluiigi's gal pal?

The first Ali Project song you hear is the one you'll look back fondly on. All the others will just sound like copies of that first one in your head, so they'll all suck.

Oh, so that's why I was the only one that liked the Another OP. I had never heard any of their songs before.

Branduil

Tsuritama 2-12

A good show with a great art style and effective direction. The dramatic and apocalyptic final arc worked pretty well, but I think I liked the earlier stuff with slice-of-life fishing adventures and family troubles more. It felt a little more authentic and relatable.

The CGI in Tsuritama is better-integrated than most, most likely because the art direction is so stylized. Everything has a cohesive look to it.

Character rankings because that's the cool thing now:

Yamada>Natsuki>Yuki>Haru

mAcOdIn

Planetes
Nice! Planetes is a pretty enjoyable realistic space story with some interesting twists and turns and great characters. I think Ai Tanabe is the sweetest, cutest thing, but others here disagree.
Huge Tanabe fan here too.

Kotoura-san
Yeah brutal is a good word to describe it. I didn't expect that kind of whiplash. Its interesting though. The show has a strange balance to it that keeps me hooked and kotoura is a sweetheart.
Yeah, I think of everything I watched this season Kotoura-san's the best. I also have no fucking clue what to expect which made it all the more awesome to me. The only new shows this season I had any foreknowledge of was Maoyu Maou Yuusha and Minami-ke Tadaima, Minami-ke's good too by the way, and some of the things I had tried out were really short webcasts, so Kotoura-san episode 1 ends, or I think it ends, and I'm just like "Jesus Fucking Christ!" and then it turns into a romcom. Then episode 2 happens and the girl shares that memory of
her mother hanged
and I'm just like, "wait, what the fuck!" Then episode 3 ends and frankly, I still didn't know how long the show was or how many episodes and I'm seriously wondering if it ends right there, luckily there was a next episode preview. I still know nothing about the show but what I like the most is that, in a way, I don't know what the fuck will happen at all.
Franchises don't work... or at least, you can't keep the same writers and producers on for a show's entire run and expect quality by year 10.
I don't think it's so much that I think it's just certain genres and the "modern day humans fight off super advanced aliens" is one of the stories that's just hard to pull off.
Inami>Yamada

tumblr_lv516cAlXM1qfv1mso1_500.png
Seconded.

Branduil

The first Ali Project song you hear is the one you'll look back fondly on. All the others will just sound like copies of that first one in your head, so they'll all suck.

Another was amusing, but it was definitely one of those shows where shit happens solely because of one character's unnecessary negligence or stupidity.

I don't know if it's necessarily the first song, but they definitely wear out their welcome quickly because all of their songs are variations of the same thing and that thing is pretty bad. The only thing of theirs I find tolerable is the second Rozen Maiden OP but that might just be because of the great OP direction and storyboarding from Sayo Yamamoto.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The iDOLM@STER - 20

And yeah, #1 OTP at this time is HarukaxChihaya.
Knew this was coming. What about
MakotoxYukiho?

Crash is like the definitive Oscar-bait movie. Unless you mean the David Cronenberg film about people with car crash fetishes, ofc.
Oh dear, that film. Teacher once spoke of it giving all the gory details. By coincidence it was broadcast on television that week. I taped it but didn't dare watch it. I wonder if that tape is still lying around.

A lot of the fun of posting in OT is having a blatantly cute anime avatar and watching people recoil in horror.
I've lost the power.

The iDOLM@STER - 21

just about everyone from 765 pro is a talented individual in some way. Talk about being surprised!
And that's why she's one of the best.

The most popular IM@S MAD of all time?!?! Oh wow! A whole 50,000 views!
YouTube isn't the best measure of popularity in this case. When it comes to Japanese centric things you're better off with NicoNico. Also YouTube takes down videos all the time so the view count is thus reset.

Where do you think all his figures come from?
Santa.

And this is exactly why I will never buy an anime figurine in my life.
That is a massive exception. Can can cost just £5 to ship for a Nendo.

Cheeky monkeys broke their own rule!

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven 36

Okay, so several notes.

1)FINALLY WE FIND OUT ABOUT DIANE THURSTON AND IT ONLY TOOK YOU KNOW MOST OF THE SERIES TO DO IT.

2)AWWWWWKWARD man-to-man between Renton and Holland in the showers.

3)BWAHAHAHA at Eureka's makeup.

4)Thank you, cruel mecha God, for giving back Eureka's eyebrows.

5) . . . I admit GAF, you were right, and I was wrong. That the crew of the Gekko were such awful people in the first ten episodes and well beyond that has finally paid off in there coming together this last while. Holland, Talho, and even Gidget have turned out to be cool people.

That said, much as I am enjoying this show, it does not trump Martian Successor Nadesico.

The sad thing is that the more I branch out in mecha shows, the more I realize that . . . well, most of the Gundam I've seen is . . . pretty meh in comparison. I mean, in SEED I came to like Athrun, Mu, and Murrue, and to a lesser extent Kira and Lacus, but I confess that in Eureka Seven the principle characters have developed a lot more nicely. No one in SEED is as repulsive as Eureka's inexcusably awful children, but Renton is still a much more enjoyable hero than Kira for me, and I like Kira. Kira would've been better if his break-down had focused more on killing people like Amuro's and less on goddamn Flay Allster.

To that end, Full Metal Panic! remains my unshaking favorite, and Martian Successor Nadesico the uncontested king, but I admit, once more and most completely, that I was entirely off-base about this show, and that it does live up to the hype, and is as good as I was told it would be.

But Eureka's children are still horrible and should be forced alive through a meat-grinder. I imagine their screams would sound something like the 3rd OP*.

This last part is for comedic effect. I don't think the 3rd OP is as horrible as Eureka's children.
I miss Ray and Charles

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smile precure! - 48

Nooooooooo I want moreeeeeeee

This was my first Precure series and only watched it because I saw images of Yayoi and didn't expect anything but in the end it was a good show, I liked the end and I cried a little but it feels rushed maybe an ova or another movie can fix this but with doki doki starting next week I don't think so.

I'm going to miss the girls so much even Candy but only in her loli form ;__;

Now I will continue with HeartCatch because I rushed Smile so hard that I need a daily dosis of precure.
You are a good man Chronoexe.

sonicmj1

The japanese rent CDs?! What the hell?

Better than spending $30 on them.

0pafCh9.png

Keep on truckin'.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It's better for everything. Japan is an export nation, so that means more stuff for us!

But I get paid in yen!

Soul Eater 22

I gotta say the whole madness bit was really well done. Extremely suspenseful, gave me the chills.

The madness stuff is one thing the show does really well. It gives characters a fighting chance when they'd normally lose, but you can tell that there's a heavy price associated with it.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 48 END

smileprecure48.jpg

Kinda underwhelming compared to the previous episode but I'm really gonna miss this show. :( I guess there's always the movie to look forward to and I can start watching Heartcatch again but still... ;___________;

There's nothing more relaxing than a good lighthearted tale about teenage fisting.
moe fisting, the next big thing?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Eva already did it.

Imagine if it became mainstream, though. Stuff like Fisting Art Online, Fisting Hearts, Fisting Brothers, and Girls und Fisting would bring in the fun for all ages. We could even get light novel adaptations like My Little Sister's-- ok, this is where I draw the line.

cajunator

Banned
Better than spending $30 on them.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

But I get paid in yen!

The madness stuff is one thing the show does really well. It gives characters a fighting chance when they'd normally lose, but you can tell that there's a heavy price associated with it.
I just spent $130 on two Chihayafuru cds and two Allison and Lillia.
I suppose it might be a little steep but how else would I get the music?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Minori > Maya.

I don't think it's so much that I think it's just certain genres and the "modern day humans fight off super advanced aliens" is one of the stories that's just hard to pull off.
Naw, SG-1 seasons 2-5 were pretty good. 6-7 were decent. Then it slowly starts going downhill once they try to extend it even more.

Is she looking backwards or forwards?
Technically, sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom