• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Minori > Maya.
Aww hell naw.

akb4983.png

fuckin hardcore as shit

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Hataraki Man] 04
The season of lewd continues, even in the backlog season.

This episode hit me hard because I've had these same feelings about work/study before. :( Also makes me feel bad about all the shit I've said about boyfriend-kun before, but that doesn't mean he isn't faultless:
Seriously dude, get your shit together.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Space Brothers for me is a show you watch while being broadcast. There's not much incentive to buy the boxset. But I feel this about many shows I watch on TV.

zeroshiki

Didn't know that they bombed, but I think it makes sense. Even more so if the live action movie didn't do all that well either.

Space Brothers is also kind of aimed at kids too (it airs Sunday mornings) so looking at BD sales is not seeing the whole picture I would think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Brothers is also kind of aimed at kids too (it airs Sunday mornings) so looking at BD sales is not seeing the whole picture I would think.
Yeah, I was thinking that it's both a kids show and heavily serialized, which contributes to the set only appealing to super nerds.

----

Random Precure image:
8R9tLG7l.jpg

Tsuritama 2-12

A good show with a great art style and effective direction. The dramatic and apocalyptic final arc worked pretty well, but I think I liked the earlier stuff with slice-of-life fishing adventures and family troubles more. It felt a little more authentic and relatable.

The CGI in Tsuritama is better-integrated than most, most likely because the art direction is so stylized. Everything has a cohesive look to it.

Character rankings because that's the cool thing now:

Yamada>Natsuki>Yuki>Haru

Interactions among the crew and fanarts make it hard to rank them...At this early morning hour Id have
Natsuki + Yuki > Yamada > Haru

Akira Agarkar Yamada is probably the best old character Ive encountered in the genre.

Articalys

Sure, but then who are they even trying to sell the BD boxes to? Or do you think they only made a few thousand copies and figured "well, if anyone buys these that would be nice".

zeroshiki

Sure, but then who are they even trying to sell the BD boxes to? Or do you think they only made a few thousand copies and figured "well, if anyone buys these that would be nice".

Yeah, I think this is it. Alot of normal non-anime shows sell DVDs of their episodes too so I don't think this show is anything different.

It also even has sponsors and everything (JAXA has some kind of connection to the show) so its not your typical anime production.

BluWacky

Didn't know that they bombed, but I think it makes sense. Even more so if the live action movie didn't do all that well either.

It grossed nearly US$20mil at the box office, which isn't a lot internationally but isn't too awful in Japan (one of the top 40 grossing films of the year). Anyone got access to the Oricon charts from December when the film was released on disc? I'm not saying it was a smash hit because it really wasn't - it's no Umizaru or Thermae Romae - but I don't think it was a megabomb. I guess it depends on the film's budget.

zeroshiki

It grossed nearly US$20mil at the box office, which isn't a lot internationally but isn't too awful in Japan (one of the top 40 grossing films of the year). Anyone got access to the Oricon charts from December when the film was released on disc? I'm not saying it was a smash hit because it really wasn't - it's no Umizaru or Thermae Romae - but I don't think it was a megabomb. I guess it depends on the film's budget.

I actually looked this up when firehawk talked about it before. The movie was not a bomb but it was a disappointment. Considering the promotion, the actors and the budget it probably didn't make enough to justify it being made.

Kurita

First week :
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/mv/w/2012-12-31/
Second week :
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/mv/w/2013-01-07/more/2/
Can't find sales figures though.

sonicmj1

Hataraki Man 4

iy7qAVuzF4AJk.jpg

Speaking of renting music, today's episode is brought to you by Japanese media rental chain Tsutaya! Their name appears in the background on three separate occasions in this episode.

You guys are right. This was depressing. Not in a maudlin way, but most of the episode is spent watching Shinji have a generally terrible day.

His relationship with Matsukata really sucks. When they're together, they barely seem interested in each other. But perhaps even evaluating that relationship would take energy both of them would rather spend on work.

ib1C7qGaK2ZYH2.jpg

There were a lot of shots like this in the episode. It really wears you down.

I can definitely empathize with his insecurities. It's especially rough because you can see just how isolated he is at his job. And just as Matsukata won't burden him with her troubles, he can't seem to open up to her either.

I guess it just shows you why so much stuff is set outside of the workplace.

iOF4CgkqaFSYe.jpg

With that kind of attitude, the waiter could have been the protagonist of a harem anime.

Novid

Banned
Hataraki Man 4

You guys are right. This was depressing. Not in a maudlin way, but most of the episode is spent watching Shinji have a generally terrible day.

His relationship with Matsukata really sucks. When they're together, they barely seem interested in each other. But perhaps even evaluating that relationship would take energy both of them would rather spend on work.

I can definitely empathize with his insecurities. It's especially rough because you can see just how isolated he is at his job. And just as Matsukata won't burden him with her troubles, he can't seem to open up to her either.

I guess it just shows you why so much stuff is set outside of the workplace.

why this will never air in the states?

because the dubbers are fucking dumb, racist and stupid...

doom song if you please mastro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

Theonik

Do you wake up lamenting the status of anime licensors in the West every day?
He wakes up, makes coffee, throws a few darts on a picture of a sellected 4kids executive then continues his productive day by reading GAF. After preparing the day's Saban effigy to be burned he posts on animeGAF about how anime in the west is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom