• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You forgot his Thundercat alarm clock.

"BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!"

Not even the alarmclock companies respect the property.

Steroyd

(thanks again nameless author)

I wonder what my cape and mask look like. That said I'd have to have N/A plastered on my chest, which would be mistaken for Not Applicable.

Love Live - 04

For a minute there I thought
they were going to have 1 character per episode join
considering they all have a story to tell, good thing they didn't.

Also twin tailed small character that looks a bit psychopathic called Nico next week... that sounds familiar.

8mP16KK.jpg

fertygo

Berserk TV 01-03

This was really good, like other said the OST and voice acting are glorious.. the pacing also tight. The chara design look great too, Casca look smoking hot in here compared to 4c movie, shame the limited budget hindering here and there.. At least there's no crappy CG lol.

Still image fest >>> CGI abuse.

Why Berserk not getting better treatment T____T

Btw its seem there's a lot self-aware censoring in this TV series version, the "eclipse" moment still gonna deliver despite this, right?

sonicmj1

why this will never air in the states?

because the dubbers are fucking dumb, racist and stupid...

doom song if you please mastro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcn_TPu4qQ

I'd love to live in a world where this would get picked up and dubbed. But that'd have to be a world where this kind of thing had a shot at success. Even in Japan, Hataraki Man couldn't succeed. The show never even charted.

What market is there in North America for an 11 episode relatively-serious cartoon series aimed at adults, filled with incredibly culturally-specific material, that has no possibility of continuing if it succeeds? Who would show it? When? Why? Given licensing and dubbing costs, they could probably produce something they have actual control over for almost the same price.

If you're talking about the market for children's cartoons, I agree that a short-term focus on immediate returns completely blunted the anime wave, due to the same forces that killed quality products like Sym-bionic Titan. That kind of thing happens all over the place, and you don't have to look much further than Gaming-side to see it.

But this? There's barely a market for this show in Japan, and that'd be true no matter what era of anime it was released in. A company would have to be suicidal to dub this.

At least Bunny Drop got a pretty nice release, even if NISA didn't spring for a dub.

What exactly makes it west unfriendly? I'd certainly argue that Chihayafuru is much more west unfriendly than Hyouka and its been licensed.

Just at the point I'm at in Hyouka, they've had a lot of focus on the Japanese language. Whether it's more or less friendly than Chihayafuru, I wouldn't know.

Theonik

I wonder what my cape and mask look like. That said I'd have to have N/A plastered on my chest, which would be mistaken for Not Applicable.
Probably a much less awesome version of Tuxedo Mask
I am still bothered by the mats of it implying that more boys or action = less DTL

You forgot his Thundercat alarm clock.

"BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!"

Not even the alarmclock companies respect the property.
That's why he set his own alarm sound. The alarm clock goes like "Thunder, Thunder, thunder, Thundercats" and at that point he pops out of his bed yelling "hooooooooo"

SENGAN KAGURA - 04

The team that was in charge of adapting the game into anime is definitly having fun with their source material...

Congrats for the new ED and the episode was intresting ..

Kagami

I just spent $130 on two Chihayafuru cds and two Allison and Lillia.
I suppose it might be a little steep but how else would I get the music?
Some stuff is available on download-sale if you work around territory restrictions.
It can be significantly cheaper for OP/ED singles when you just want the one song, although it's not as big a difference for full albums.
But in Chihayafuru's case it looks like only the vocals are sold via download and not the background music.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
KyoAni will be so desperate to licence Hyouka that you could just shoot them an email pretending to represent some anime licensing firm and they give you it. Of course you'll need a fair few bob and some blank DVDs to spare, but better than nothing eh.

Kagami

Unfortunately, those only come bundled with the BD volumes boxes. Which go for about 20,000 yen... each.

Interestingly enough there's been a trend of selling the contents of these BD/DVD-packaged CDs separately in download form, just not CD form.
In the case of Space Brothers, there's 25 tracks on sale at
http://recochoku.jp/artist/30215258/song/?narrow=0&sort=01
I'm not sure if that's the entire contents of the CDs or just part of it. (25 seems kind of low for a soundtrack, but maybe more is coming later.)
Didn't bother to check itunes (don't have it installed) but usually it's the same stuff there.

Articalys

Interestingly enough there's been a trend of selling the contents of these BD/DVD-packaged CDs separately in download form, just not CD form.
In the case of Space Brothers, there's 25 tracks on sale at
http://recochoku.jp/artist/30215258/song/?narrow=0&sort=01
I'm not sure if that's the entire contents of the CDs or just part of it. (25 seems kind of low for a soundtrack, but maybe more is coming later.)
Didn't bother to check itunes (don't have it installed) but usually it's the same stuff there.
Oh yeah, I remembered hearing that there was part of the soundtrack being sold digitally, but I'd forgotten where. Looks like it's about half from the first OST CD and half from the second.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Ginga e Kickoff!] 33
0jeSAYJl.jpg

If DTL is allowed to post caps of sweaty shoutas then I can post some sweaty Erikas and Reikas.
That was fucking awesome. Like they actually had people animating stuff. Holy fuck. Best episode of the entire show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reading Heartcatch doujins and I just discovered that Aoki Ume of Hidamari Sketch and Madoka fame did a book on TsubomiXErika. I wonder if she was the one that put forth the idea for Madoka's finale too. lulz

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Reading Heartcatch doujins and I just discovered that Aoki Ume of Hidamari Sketch and Madoka fame did a book on TsubomiXErika. I wonder if she was the one that put forth the idea for Madoka's finale too. lulz

Maybe its because of my absence from HeartCatch but at the moment I'm not really feeling the TsubomixErika pair. Maybe that will change when I get back into it later today.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
She certainly makes the characters look more appealing.
I like the wideface o'vision on Umakoshi's designs, but the originals are still the best. I wonder what you think of Do-Re-Mi btw.
Maybe its because of my absence from HeartCatch but at the moment I'm not really feeling the TsubomixErika pair. Maybe that will change when I get back into it later today.
You need to do that stat.

Articalys

We've known about Gundam Origin getting an anime for a while now, but this supposed date is new, even though there's not a shred of proof for it; apparently this is the same blogger who first leaked Seed HD, so we'll have to see what happens. It's definitely not an official announcement of any sort, that's for sure.

Steroyd

Smile Precure - END & Gunbuster - END

urESv.jpg

While Smile Precure's end didn't hold a candle a Heartcatch, the fact that there's no more Nao being scared of bugs, no more Yayoi being a nuke of :cajun in everything she does, and Akane's Osaka hotbloodedness every week is going to leave a vortex where my heart used to be.

Gunbuster... what can I say other than reposting the image.

urESv.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Probably not. You should join me in watching Sailor Moon when I finish Goldfish Warning! for that magical girl talent.
Smile Precure - END & Gunbuster - END

While Smile Precure's end didn't hold a candle a Heartcatch, the fact that there's no more Nao being scared of bugs, no more Yayoi being a nuke of :cajun in everything she does, and Akane's Osaka hotbloodedness every week is going to leave a vortex where my heart used to be.
I like how nobody laments the fact that we won't have any more of Reika being perfect or whatever.

Probably not. You should join me in watching Sailor Moon when I finish Goldfish Warning! for that magical girl talent.

I've been thinking about it for a while now, but the high number of episodes has put me off from jumping back after all these years. The new series coming soon has really sparked my interested again.

But just think, some magical girls since graduate, maybe get married and have kids, then they get called upon again to become magical girls. And they have to juggle between the duties of being a magical girl and those of being a contributing member of society.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But just think, some magical girls since graduate, maybe get married and have kids, then they get called upon again to become magical girls. And they have to juggle between the duties of being a magical girl and those of being a contributing member of society.
Pro-tip: Heartcatch addresses this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom