• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can be interesting
I totally didn't get this idea from a doujin.
not on-screen, it's more about passing the baton to newer generations really
But I was thinking more on the lines that the baton comes back to them like 15 to 20 years later.
The target-audience should have answered that question. That, or I'm just horribly out of touch with the youth of today.
Is it not every little girls fantasy?!?
no.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure shit
I totally didn't get this idea from a doujin.

But I was thinking more on the lines that the baton comes back to them like 15 to 20 years later.
This is getting into heavy spoiler territory, but
a Precure from the past has to come back at one point because the girls are being shite. It is not the focus of the show, but it acknowledges the difficulties of calling said character out of retirement (and by that I mean she's like 70 years old)

Taruranto

I'm very interested in this new Gundam, i always wanted to get into the original series but i can't stand movies and i'm to lazy to retrieve 24 volumes of the mango.

Heartcatch Precure shit
This is getting into heavy spoiler territory, but
a Precure from the past has to come back at one point because the girls are being shite. It is not the focus of the show, but it acknowledges the difficulties of calling said character out of retirement (and by that I mean she's like 70 years old)
Yeah, I guess that's sort of what I was thinking
only with them being a little younger where they still have to have a job, raise young kids, pay the bills, etc.
I guess we'd really be stretching the definition of a children's show at that point!
Or just straying into Madoka territory, whatever.

When a mommy and daddy love each other very much...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I seem to get ads once in a blue moon on GAF and they are usually always for an anime release in the UK. That would explain why they are so infrequent.

Syrinx

Well, people are making me seriously want to start Heartcatch Precure. Not sure I want to start right when I've just started Utena, even though I know the two are very different beasts.

faridmon

Manga UK is set to release Eden of the East: The definitive collection in about 2 weeks. That is really cool since I have lost my DVD collection of the series. Now I can re-buy it plus the movies and the OVA for only £20.

Anime companies are improving and I hope they reap their reward. Now I have to rebuy, the other DVDs as well :(

Manga UK is set to release Eden of the East: The definitive collection in about 2 weeks. That is really cool since I have lost my DVD collection of the series. Now I can re-buy it plus the movies and the OVA for only £20.

Anime companies are improving and I hope they reap their reward. Now I have to rebuy, the other DVDs as well :(

If Funimation would do the same instead of repackaging the tv series (again) and selling the two movies separate. Though Ill get the tv series before it gets that ugly Super Amazing Value Edition labeling.

faridmon

If Funimation would do the same instead of repackaging the tv series (again) and selling the two movies separate. Though Ill get the tv series before it gets that ugly Super Amazing Value Edition labeling.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it doesn't even have that super ugly ''value package, look we are cheap'' label. Seriously, Manga UK is doing an amazing job. Other companies do this ''Anime Legend'' for their re-printing of older Animes and it looks daft.

51kMA5CVShL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beautiful!

Jex

Tsuritama 2-12

A good show with a great art style and effective direction. The dramatic and apocalyptic final arc worked pretty well, but I think I liked the earlier stuff with slice-of-life fishing adventures and family troubles more. It felt a little more authentic and relatable.

It's coming of age, not slice-of-life!

Syrinx

Need more Utena impressions, I am sure your 4 episodes have enticed everyones appetite.

Last year there were a lot of first time watchers. It was a feast.
Sadly I'm at school right now and I don't have Utena with me. It's part of an effort on my part to keep myself from burning out on the show like I've been prone to doing as of late. I can't wait to get back to it though!

Mitsuho

Banned
And now you've heard most of them. Funny how that works.

Hmm, speaking of themes where the artist credited appears to have sprung preformed and single use from some producer somewhere when the song was released... does anyone else listen to les5-4-3-2-1? (Cutey Honey Theme.)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Azumanga Daioh 15

Pretty good episode (Chiyo having to find
an idiot for the scavenger race and choosing Tomo
was hilarious), though with the previous episode being Chiyo's summer home again, this episode being the sports fest again and the next episode being the cultural fair again, I have to wonder if they're just rehashing the entire first season here. Not that I mind that much since it's still so good.

jbug617

Banned
K-ON 2-4

Yui, Ritsu and Mio really stand out especially compared to Mugi. Ui and Nodaka seem to fit their roles.

Highlight so far has been Yui first night with the guitar.

Jex

That's it I'm going to watch Gunbuster after work.
As a side note, I really approve of the Gunbuster fever that seems to be spreading throughout this thread. All I can say regarding that is: fuck yeah.

I'm actually a little surprised about how positive the reception has been to it. I mean, I really love it but it's extremely dated and has some pretty noticeable pacing issues but apparently that's not stopping people from enjoying it.

Jex

I seldom post here, but I saw on my Twitter feed that Gundam: The Origin (0079 manga) will be getting an adaptation on 2014.

I wonder if they will keep Furuya and Ikeda, while they still sound good, they don't have the young voice anymore.
Not to pick on Otaku USA or anything but I like how they source Crunchyroll, which sources a twitter which links back to the original story whose only source is the website that relates to the twitter account in question. I don't see where they got their info from.

In addition, 2014 seems like a million years away. I guess the only reason it would be so far out is so that it could start coming out once they finish with Unicorn as I've completely forgotten when that is supposed to end I am probably wrong.

Steroyd

I'm actually a little surprised about how positive the reception has been to it. I mean, I really love it but it's extremely dated and has some pretty noticeable pacing issues but apparently that's not stopping people from enjoying it.

Some things were jarring
the red headed girl's 180 from glaring bitch to best friend within 10-15 minutes
, some things actually benefited from it.
when they got emotional at the wrong times
and everyone falls in love with Wakamoto so it's understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom