• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Berserk TV 01-03

This was really good, like other said the OST and voice acting are glorious.. the pacing also tight. The chara design look great too, Casca look smoking hot in here compared to 4c movie, shame the limited budget hindering here and there.. At least there's no crappy CG lol.
I know this is sacrilege but I actually prefer the design of Griffith in the series to his incarnation in the manga.
Btw its seem there's a lot self-aware censoring in this TV series version, the "eclipse" moment still gonna deliver despite this, right?

The discs with the Eclipse on them are 18+ rated in the UK, which gives you an indication of the kind of material that you'll be witnessing.

MCD

SAO 25

I don't get it...

Why was Kirito with his
sis/cousin
at the end? What the fuck is the author trying to start? A love triangle thingy even after everything that happened?

TERRIBLE ANIME

Jex

I'm very interested in this new Gundam, i always wanted to get into the original series but i can't stand movies and i'm to lazy to retrieve 24 volumes of the mango.

Am I the only one who found this comment really odd?

Why can't you stand movies, Keiichi?

Mitsuho

Banned
Not to pick on otaku USA or anything but I like how they source Crunchyroll, which sources a twitter which links back to the original story whose only source is the website that relates to the twitter account in question. I don't see where they got their info from.

In addition, 2014 seems like a million years away. I guess the only reason it would be so far out is so that it could start coming out once they finish with Unicorn as I've completely forgotten when that is supposed to end I am probably wrong.

Someone's drinking the juice maybe. Googling "ガンダム ORIGIN アニメ化" reveals speculation really far back about this.

BBppfwNCQAExcDe.png

Edit: Some 2ch chatter say because some new model kits say アニメ版. I have no idea if the models they are talking about are time period relevant though or if they are sufficiently different from the older 0079 models.

Edit2: Tineye says it's an old art piece too. Gundam II.

THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke 04

ZA CHILDREN.

Probably the most action packed episode of the show. Pretty entertaining seeing them fight ZA CHILDREN and nice to see the new guy actually do something. Of course, I expect this episode basically blew up their budget now.

SAO 25

I don't get it...

Why was Kirito with his
sis/cousin
at the end? What the fuck is the author trying to start? A love triangle thingy even after everything that happened?

TERRIBLE ANIME

Nothing .. the author is starting NOTHING. You guys are just so afraid of incest that you see things when there is nothing.

Kirito x asuna is a pairing that resist incest, hurricanes and other natural disasters ....

This scene is just familly flying in the sky together.. Even suzuha knows that she stand no chance in front of asuna (stated several times in the anime by the character herself ).

Kazzy

As a side note, I really approve of the Gunbuster fever that seems to be spreading throughout this thread. All I can say regarding that is: fuck yeah.

If something becomes prevalent within the thread, I will generally be moved to check it out. For good (Girls und Pazner) or bad (Sword Art Online), it certainly helps to diversify what I watch. I definitely see it as one of the advantages of a catch-all thread.

Yes, consider the Idolmaster onslaught successful!

cajunator

Banned
Late but I just wanted to say that you're a comrade. Team Inami is the bestest team. Manager is awesome too, the sisters are whatever, Yamada is okay but fuck Poplar.

WUT
OH hell no you didn't!

Some stuff is available on download-sale if you work around territory restrictions.
It can be significantly cheaper for OP/ED singles when you just want the one song, although it's not as big a difference fd=or full albums.
But in Chihayafuru's case it looks like only the vocals are sold via download and not the background music.

Thats why I went ahead and purchased them. Its such a gorgeous soundtrack. I must have it.

[Ginga e Kickoff!] 33

That was fucking awesome. Like they actually had people animating stuff. Holy fuck. Best episode of the entire show.

That is some mighty fine looking soccer animu.

Are they sitting on a photo of a soccer field?

Looks that way. Hard to tell from that pic.

Reading Heartcatch doujins and I just discovered that Aoki Ume of Hidamari Sketch and Madoka fame did a book on TsubomiXErika. I wonder if she was the one that put forth the idea for Madoka's finale too. lulz

She makes everything better. That art style is the joy of miracles.

Nevermind, this is better.

Exhibit #1

My problem with heartcatch has more to do with the extreme lankiness of the characters.
She inflates herself just like a balloon, this crazy Cure just digs this tune!
Do-Re-Mi looks fine.

I agree. The ankiness is what I don't like about them. Its obviously stylistic and its not ugly, but its just a bit odd looking to me. Especially the pointed appendages and alien looking faces.

Yeah, now that you mention it, it doesn't even have that super ugly ''value package, look we are cheap'' label. Seriously, Manga UK is doing an amazing job. Other companies do this ''Anime Legend'' for their re-printing of older Animes and it looks daft.

51kMA5CVShL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beautiful!

Thats a nice looking boxset. It isnt asking a whole lot for companies to put a slight bit of care into these packaging designs.

DAMN MY HEART

Well everyone knows that 30 years old is the otaku expiration date.

I'm expired :(

Now I really want a Precure designed by Ume Aoki and animated by SHAFT. Surely their budgets aren't that different from Toei's.

I would watch this day 1. Would literally put everything else aside for this.

Ume-sensei drawing anything is just wonderful.

Yes. She is a goddess and her works divine.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
As a side note, I really approve of the Gunbuster fever that seems to be spreading throughout this thread. All I can say regarding that is: fuck yeah.

I'm actually a little surprised about how positive the reception has been to it. I mean, I really love it but it's extremely dated and has some pretty noticeable pacing issues but apparently that's not stopping people from enjoying it.
Dated in what sense? Gunbuster is a timeless classic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nothing .. the author is starting NOTHING. You guys are just so afraid of incest that you see things when there is nothing.

Kirito x asuna is a pairing that resist incest, hurricanes and other natural disasters ....

This scene is just familly flying in the sky together.. Even suzuha knows that she stand no chance in front of asuna (stated several times in the anime by the character herself ).
Yeah. AnimeGAF is just full of filthy minded individuals. Truly sickening.

K-ON 2-4

Yui, Ritsu and Mio really stand out especially compared to Mugi. Ui and Nodoka seem to fit their roles.

Highlight so far has been Yui first night with the guitar.

In the first season Mugi doesn't really get much time devoted to her, so you're probably not going to change your mind about her any time soon.

MCD

I don't even see them as bro/sis but their whole relationship is ZZZ but no more boring and forced than Asuna.

WOW BABY YOU STOOD GUARD FOR ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING? I FUCKING WANT YOUR BABIES

derp art online.

/XX/

What's causing this? Don't really keep up with exchange rate activity.
As other have said here this was mainly a wanted situation but, as I am understanding it, with a much more pronounced long-term effect. The refuge currency status of the yen has been hurting the country's economy too much, and Shinzō Abe has been lately the face asking (threatening its key members even) Bank of Japan for an ambitious re-buy of internal assets to lower money's interest rates and bring again to a beneficial reference change price the yen (http://www.boj.or.jp/en/announcements/press/koen_2012/ko121205a.htm/#p04) trying to avoid such acute deflation. As every of their exports companies that has been blaming the strong yen on their reports for their lackluster performance knows, this is crucial to remain competitive coupled with the stimulus plan to be approved.

The other side of the coin is this:

But I get paid in yen!
And yeah, that can be a pretty bad situation right now... but the alternative of wages caught on a continuous and severe deflationary spiral would have been even more catastrophic.

Okay. Based on the responses I'll see if I can take a look at the manga sometime and maybe just slowly make my way through it whenever I get time and am in the mood.
The most sensible decision. :)

Yeah,
if you like manipulative bitches.
So it's a good thing I do!
Seriously though, I did like her knocking Oreki off his pedestal, and the ensuing drama. It pretty much marked the turning point in my overall opinion on him.
A pedestal where she herself put him in! It really was a COMPLETE bait-and-switch job. Nicely done...

I'm talking about NicoNico views, sillybun.
Well you didn't post a NicoNico link, poopyhead. :<
It was in the 'About' information from the YouTube link posted:

&#12450;&#12452;&#12489;&#12523;&#12510;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#25163;&#25551;&#12365;MAD&#12300;&#12471;&#12499;&#12428;&#12373;&#12379;&#12383;&#12398;&#12399; &#35504;&#65311;&#12301; &#8208; &#12491;&#12467;&#12491;&#12467;&#21205;&#30011;(&#21407;&#23487;)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4538955

With a more recent high-quality version available:

&#12450;&#12452;&#12489;&#12523;&#12510;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#25163;&#25551;&#12365;MAD&#12300;&#12471;&#12499;&#12428;&#12373;&#12379;&#12383;&#12398;&#12399; &#35504;&#65311;&#12301; HD&#21270;(&#40658;&#24111;&#21066;&#38500;&#29256;) &#8208; &#12491;&#12467;&#12491;&#12467;&#21205;&#30011;(&#21407;&#23487;)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19411482

And the other one had duplicates in YouTube, so the viewcount is also dispersed.

Anyway, you blinded by your favorite OTP 7Th, please don't go so quickly over the Chihaya & Yayoi pairing always touted as well by hebo-peanut-P (not so much by Lyot) with other videos and illustrations, hinted also in the one you posted! That Haruka &#10005; Chihaya &#10005; Yayoi triangle is the best thing to take from it:

&#12450;&#12452;&#12489;&#12523;&#12510;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540; &#25163;&#25551;&#12365;MAD&#12300;&#12385;&#12399;&#12420;&#12385;&#12419;&#12435;&#12301;&#12402;&#12414;&#12388;&#12406;&#12375;&#12395;&#12393;&#12358;&#12382; &#8208; &#12491;&#12467;&#12491;&#12467;&#21205;&#30011;(&#21407;&#23487;)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3439870

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
WUT
OH hell no you didn't!

Thats why I went ahead and purchased them. Its such a gorgeous soundtrack. I must have it.

That is some mighty fine looking soccer animu.

Looks that way. Hard to tell from that pic.

She makes everything better. That art style is the joy of miracles.

I agree. The ankiness is what I don't like about them. Its obviously stylistic and its not ugly, but its just a bit odd looking to me. Especially the pointed appendages and alien looking faces.

Thats a nice looking boxset. It isnt asking a whole lot for companies to put a slight bit of care into these packaging designs.

DAMN MY HEART

I'm expired :(

I would watch this day 1. Would literally put everything else aside for this.

Yes. She is a goddess and her works divine.

Holy shit that's one hell of a multiquote.

I don't even see them as bro/sis but their whole relationship is ZZZ but no more boring and forced than Asuna.

WOW BABY YOU STOOD GUARD FOR ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING? I FUCKING WANT YOUR BABIES

derp art online.

Typical reaction from someone who didn't pay attention.
Yes it's derp for you..maybe next time you'll watch anime you'll focus on the details provided.

SAO is not without problems ( in pacing for the first part for example ) but when they provide context and reasons for things you are just ignoring them JUST BECAUSE.

Ridiculous.
You're free however to provide the "why" and the "hows" that made you reach this decision in the SAO thread..

Dresden

Chihayafuru S2 2
I am slowly learning that big foreheads make for some of the best girls.

No better sign for purity of heart.

Anyway, you blinded by your favorite OTP 7Th, please don't go so quickly over the Chihaya & Yayoi pairing always touted as well by hebo-peanut-P (not so much by Lyot) with other videos and illustrations, hinted also in the one you posted! That Haruka &#10005; Chihaya &#10005; Yayoi triangle is the best thing to take from it:

&#12450;&#12452;&#12489;&#12523;&#12510;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540; &#25163;&#25551;&#12365;MAD&#12300;&#12385;&#12399;&#12420;&#12385;&#12419;&#12435;&#12301;&#12402;&#12414;&#12388;&#12406;&#12375;&#12395;&#12393;&#12358;&#12382; &#8208; &#12491;&#12467;&#12491;&#12467;&#21205;&#30011;(&#21407;&#23487;)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3439870
Never paid attention to the fandom, but I always figured Yayoi's main yuri pairing would be Iori.

MCD

Typical reaction from someone who didn't pay attention.
Yes it's derp for you..maybe next time you'll watch anime you'll focus on the details provided.

SAO is not without problems ( in pacing for the first part for example ) but when they provide context and reasons for things you are just ignoring them JUST BECAUSE.

Ridiculous.
You're free to provide the why and the how that made you reach this decision in the SAO thread..

I prefer subtle and mature love like Hei and Yin or Yang Wenli and Frederica to the kids crap in here.

And I posted some mini impressions way back. I was mostly pissed at the let's get married and DAD MOM plus RAPE guy but it's all over now.

I will just move to something better and pretend that I didn't watch this.

/XX/

Never paid attention to the fandom, but I always figured Yayoi's main yuri pairing would be Iori.
Yeah, it is. That was mainly an author's preference.

For example, using pixiv as a comparison framework, this:

&#12420;&#12424;&#12356;&#12362;&#12426; (&#12420;&#12424;&#12356;&#12362;&#12426;)&#12392;&#12399;&#12304;&#12500;&#12463;&#12471;&#12502;&#30334;&#31185;&#20107;&#20856;&#12305;
http://dic.pixiv.net/a/やよいおり

Is more popular than this:

&#12385;&#12399;&#12420;&#12424;&#12356; (&#12385;&#12399;&#12420;&#12424;&#12356;)&#12392;&#12399;&#12304;&#12500;&#12463;&#12471;&#12502;&#30334;&#31185;&#20107;&#20856;&#12305;
http://dic.pixiv.net/a/ちはやよい

Narag

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 4

Mini-Yukimura was pretty cool. Episode in general was surprisingly good too what with the visual gags and seemingly better consistency with the humor, art, and animation. There was some "Suddenly, fanservice" though but hey, if the show can maintain this level going forward, it'll be a winner in the end.

Jex

Someone's drinking the juice maybe. Googling "&#12460;&#12531;&#12480;&#12512; ORIGIN &#12450;&#12491;&#12513;&#21270;" reveals speculation really far back about this.

BBppfwNCQAExcDe.png

Edit2: Tineye says it's an old art piece too. Gundam II.
Well yeah it's pretty clear that they just slapped the 2014 on in photoshop or whatever. I'm saddened that people aren't automatically familiar with the Gundam movie posters, they're pretty sweet.

Media blasters got Juden Chan! (Charger Girl Ju-den Chan)

The anime adapts the Fight Ippatsu! J&#363;den-chan!! science-fiction comedy manga from Bow Ditama, who previously drew the art for Bunjuro Nakayama's Mahoromatic manga and created the Kiss×sis manga. The story revolves around Plug, a mysterious woman who came to our world from a parallel world with the ability to "charge" up dejected people.

Jex

Hataraki Man 4

hataraki4.jpg

I can't remember the last time I've watched something so depressing before, Jesus Christ.
[Hataraki Man] 04

This episode hit me hard because I've had these same feelings about work/study before. :( Also makes me feel bad about all the shit I've said about boyfriend-kun before, but that doesn't mean he isn't faultless:

Seriously dude, get your shit together.
Hataraki Man 4

You guys are right. This was depressing. Not in a maudlin way, but most of the episode is spent watching Shinji have a generally terrible day.
Ha ha, I'm glad y'all enjoying this series.

Well yeah it's pretty clear that they just slapped the 2014 on in photoshop or whatever. I'm saddened that people aren't automatically familiar with the Gundam movie posters, they're pretty sweet.

It is really cool art. The kind of stuff I would actually frame and hang up.

Media blasters got Juden Chan! (Charger Girl Ju-den Chan)

I keep forgetting Media Blasters still exists.

cajunator

Banned
Picture, when done.

Oki dokey!
HA35g66.jpg

Its pretty fragile! I didnt know these Figmas were so fragile!
It is fun posing her and stuff. You can take her dress off too apparently. Filthy otakus.
She even has a little Haru. Its so fucking adorable!

Chihayafuru S2 2

I am slowly learning that big foreheads make for some of the best girls.

You might have something here...

But Ritsu is the best girl...

The larger the forehead the better the girl.

Except for Anne. Fuck Anne.

Yes. Ritsu is the best K-On.
Its true.

jbug617

Banned
In the first season Mugi doesn't really get much time devoted to her, so you're probably not going to change your mind about her any time soon.

Oh ok. They way they portrayed her these first couple of episodes is nice girl who is also well off and can give the rest of the club things that would be hard to get.

Dated in what sense? Gunbuster is a timeless classic.

Damn right. Should be required viewing.

Oki dokey!
HA35g66.jpg

It is fun posing her and stuff. You can take her dress off too apparently. Filthy otakus.

Very cool! She does look like one of the better figmas I've seen. Their fragility is one reason I've moved away from collecting them somewhat.

Oki dokey!
http://i.imgur.com/HA35g66.jpg[/IM]
.[/QUOTE]

I love the Haru there, if only they had one of CyanPile and Haru, or even Crikin, or Dusk Taker and Taku.

cajunator

Banned
These things require assembly?! (Note: I really know nothing of anime figure collecting and whatnot)

Aside from the whole figure having moveable parts there are items like two umbrellas, pig haru, the detachable wings with 4 parts, the base, some pegs, and another set of pantsu, and two more faces. I will take more pictures with her and the umbrella and stuff with a better camera in the future. Shes going to sit on my shelf by the computer where Bunnygirl Charles is.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hataraki Man 4

Before watching this episode I was sure that Hiro's boyfriend was just a jackass, but now I feel for the guy. He's suffering from a serious case of the biggest sickness of our time: lazy ass depression. I think we've all been there at one point.

Still, character development! Nice.

lol

cajunator

Banned
I also have a much bigger figure of KYH that apparently ships out in February, so I'm super excited for that one. It isn't poseable though. That one will go in my Curio (and necessitate removal of another older figure)

Jex

[Smile Precure] - 3

I don't get what these girls are seeing, Yaoi is a rubbish artist. She better not quit her day job or being doujin-bait.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oki dokey!
HA35g66.jpg

You might have something here...

Yes. Ritsu is the best K-On.
Its true.

Need HD picture Cajun!!!

cajunator

Banned
Need HD picture Cajun!!!

I dont have an HD camera. I have a better resolution camera at home but not here.
This was my cellphone and since my phone usb is fucked up and I cant charge it, I had to make a quick photo. I'll take more pictures when I get to my house and I'm off work on Wednesday.

(also I have the wrong set of hands on her for holding Haru but I havent really messed with that part yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom