• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saprol

Didn't the P4 anime have a pimpin' Yu? I thought that was the reason everyone watched it when it was airing.

http://i.imgur.com/a8QYFgV.jpg

Just look at him exuding all that testosterone.
I liked what they did for his anime personality.

Edit: Whys his shirt open?
Because he's the king.

iCl2yvhfuiwIt.jpg
Also yay for Aika.

Soriku

Gintama 268

Gintama has the best action in Shonen. Seriously. I don't think many others can get to the level of quality Gintama does when it's at its best.

duckroll

Sounds like someone trying to be Yoko Kanno and failing badly.

Ichiko Hashimoto is actually way better than Yoko Kanno at the sort of music she does. I don't even think it's a good comparison. Kanno's take on Jazz is just way more mainstream and generic, which plays well to general audiences.

Branduil

Ichiko Hashimoto is actually way better than Yoko Kanno at the sort of music she does. I don't even think it's a good comparison. Kanno's take on Jazz is just way more mainstream and generic, which plays well to general audiences.

Looking at her other work, I generally like it, so I think it's just that particular song that annoys me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can accept Branduil's opinion if he refrigerates Milky Ways before eating them. They're pretty amazing frozen.

duckroll

Looking at her other work, I generally like it, so I think it's just that particular song that annoys me.

I don't think its pleasant to listen to, but I feel it achieves the tone its going for. The trailers of Akito always seem to be cut in a way to express inner conflict of the characters juxtaposed with scenes of fast and frantic mecha action. It's kinda cool.

Syrinx

Speaking of candy, does anybody actually buy Crunch bars? Crunch bars aren't bad, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen somebody choose a Crunch bar when there's so many better choices.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tamako Market 4

Cute girls doing cute things. And so
the kid with glasses was the one An was after! Ha! You got me there, KyoAni. Very nice.

I should try mochi one of these days.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Speaking of candy, does anybody actually buy Crunch bars? Crunch bars aren't bad, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen somebody choose a Crunch bar when there's so many better choices.

I bought the ten-packs of mini Crunches until they downsized them to eight-packs and then six-packs.

All this talk of candy and I can't even eat sugar anymore due to a medical issue. FUCK

Thoraxes

I won't go into specificity of genre definitions (because they're different in musicology), but I would say Hashimoto is a better modern jazz composer while Kanno is a better pop composer.

Syrinx

Can we at least agree that Mounds and Almond Joy should be eradicated and that people who eat them should have snotty comments made in their direction?

Jex

I don't think there was any bad reception really. It's more like, no reception. No one asked for a Zetsuen anime, and I think it's clear now that no one really wants one. Sadly, the same can be said for Code:Breaker, even though it turned out well.

Code:Breaker us truly the lone light shining in the howling darkness.

Dresden

tamako market - 04

It's just a hole on her face. Imagine the wind blowing in and out. They're like the Greys. Lip paint here just serves to emphasize the tiny dot-mouths, too. I'm usually desensitized to these things but the beginning of episode four was sort of a rude reminder as to the alienness of these designs. And then I started noticing the tiny hands again.

---

Otherwise, still enjoyed the episode--I wonder how long they'll keep up the episodic character introductions. I do enjoy how time moves in this show. I suppose they'll cover Mochizou and Kanna before dealing with the prince/dera stuff, and then wrapping up with DEAD MOTHER DRAMA.

Jex

I don't think they make pure garbage though. Most of the time it feels well intended but just ends up being shit for one reason or another. I think a lot of that also applies to Production IG. I would say a lot of the problem probably stems from wanting to create something they enjoy, but feeling the pressure to deal with market realities. In the end that combination usually pleases no one and ends up being a confused mess of shit. Studios which are more aligned with commercial tastes and trends tend to do much better.

Edit: Fuck, beaten by Dead. :/

And this is why Sunrise are secret geniuses. Look at how skilfully they've been able to directly appeal to multiple target demographics in their most popular shows! They even successfully cater to old-school fans with Unicorn and not just in a way where the fans are appeased, they actually buy a crap-ton of copies of Unicorn.

Shergal

I suppose they'll cover Mochizou and Kanna before dealing with the prince/dera stuff, and then wrapping up with DEAD MOTHER DRAMA.

I don't think the show is going into dead parents melodrama route; at least, I don't think it will be played up in a distasteful way like Chuu2 did. Everything in Tamako seems very subdued and laid-back.

Dresden

I don't think the show is going into dead parents melodrama route; at least, I don't think it will be played up in a distasteful way like Chuu2 did. Everything in Tamako seems very subdued and laid-back.

This being Yamada/Yoshida, I'm sure they'll deal with it by acknowledging the passage of time and about the internalization of grief in a, well, graceful way. The episodes so far have focused on how life moves and how Tamako has appropriated the people around her as her extended family, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom