• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Haganai Next 4

I don't know what to think anymore. Just I never saw that coming.
To quote the novels:

A high school boy that looks just like a beautiful girl -- Why on Earth did I ever believe something like that actually existed?

How many times did I tell myself stuff like "I just cannot think of him as a guy," or "He looks exactly like a girl, no matter how you look at it," I wonder.

If something looks exactly like a beautiful girl, then chances are pretty good it really is a beautiful girl.

Narag

Petit Eva: Evangelion@School 1

QGtXSt7l.png

G3kgpm7l.png

8lSORJel.png

I don't even fucking know.

Kazzy

Persona 4 The Animation may have terrible battles but the comedy and Broswagonist makes up for everything.

AIC knows how to do a silent protagonist. Look at this guy, not a single fuck is given.

That look of satisfaction on Yosuke's face is still amazing.

And I echo what every has said about the P4 anime, downright ugly, but yeah, there are a lot of details in there to let you know that there is affection for the source.

In summary:

It has two Chie's.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To quote the novels:

A high school boy that looks just like a beautiful girl -- Why on Earth did I ever believe something like that actually existed?

How many times did I tell myself stuff like "I just cannot think of him as a guy," or "He looks exactly like a girl, no matter how you look at it," I wonder.

If something looks exactly like a beautiful girl, then chances are pretty good it really is a beautiful girl.
Dropped.

mAcOdIn

Anything shorter than a year-long courtship period involving nothing lewder than hand holding and sheepishly asking for your partner's hand before the consummation of vows in holy matrimony is improper seduction.
I was thinking it sounded more like a British thing. Or something that Chiri from Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei would say, "Sensei, please seduce me properly!" But mainly it sounds British.
...I have no idea how to take this...
There's no way to really take it, just is, lol. Are you familiar with Triumph's skit? he basically says shit like, "Hugo's are great vehicles......
....For me to poop on!" So at the post I was reading it really came off like that, so and so's a complex character study, yadda, yadda, and then it was basically "for me to masturbate to," lol, totally Triumph. Then I went further backwards(Phone keeps skipping ahead to the newest page) in the thread and saw you had stuff that was like that all throughout and now the Triumph comparison doesn't work too well. :(

Reading those was amazing because I went through emotions I didn't know I had. Apparently there's stages of disbelief. Lots of them. Ultimately though I settled into the stage where, like Ohno from Genshiken, I want to come in and say "that's not what I masturbate too, this is what I masturbate to!"

It's not like she chose her nickname.
Then again, who does? On thing I can say for certain though is it either means you're silly and young or you're the crazy person who feeds all the neighborhood strays.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also, Ushiki draws Smile Precure fanart so you know he's a bro.
A Brocure.
FF VI is probably one of the best choices to make into an anime because it's not already a bad CGI anime with a video game mixed in, LOL.
Is that a dig towards FFVII? Or just towards all PSX/PS2/PS3 era FFs?
I'm playing P4 for the first time and I gotta admit, I'm morbidly curious about the anime. I get the feeling that I'd enjoy it despite how awful it is objectively.
True words. I only watched it for the Chie fsteak.
I beg to disagree. One of the things that made Kanji's arc in Persona 4 the video game was how tactfully it was handled in terms of showing his doubt over his sexual orientation, with little stereotypical comedy as possible. The anime completely missed the point there, reducing his character to the traditional sweet but funny "gay man".
WTF?! In what planet is Milky Way better than Snickers?
In the planet where I'm allergic to nuts/peanuts and I die from asphyxiation if I eat Snickers.
Fuck Snickers.
Mah man.
it's all about Znickers
I'm getting hot in my knickers.
BRS TV is worth it just for Imaishi doing CGI battles.
What's the point of watching a show for the sakuga when sakuga MADs are a thing now?

Defuser

New Biglobe Poll: Most Popular Fall 2012 Anime
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-02-01/biglobe-poll/most-popular-fall-2012-anime

Code:
1 	Sword Art Online 	1,082	
2 	Little Busters! 	1,060 	
2 	Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! 	1,060 	
4 	Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb 	1,050 	
5 	Kamisama Kiss	957	
6 	The Pet Girl of Sakurasou 	942	
7 	Psycho-Pass 	918	
8 	Robotics;Notes 	901	
9 	My Little Monster 	872	
10 	Blast of Tempest 	846	
11 	OniAi (Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne—) 	838	
12 	Kokoro Connect 	837	
13 	BTOOOM! 	805	
14 	Girls und Panzer 	777	
15 	Code:Breaker 	773	
16 	Bakuman. (TV 3) 	749	
17 	JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 	719	
18 	From the New World 	685	
19 	Ixion Saga DT 	662	
20 	Aikatsu! 	654	
21 	Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2 	589	
22 	Magi 	586	
23 	Jormungand Perfect Order 	582	
24 	Initial D Fifth Stage 	575	
25 	Say, "I Love You". 	534	
26 	Hiiro no Kakera Dai-ni-Shō 	508	
27 	Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life 	505	
28 	Monsuno 	503	
29 	Chō Soku Henkei Gyrozetter	502	
30 	Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 	490	
31 	Busou Shinki 	459	
32 	Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de 	435	
33 	Chitose Get You!! 	426	
34 	Litchi DE Hikari Club 	404	
35 	Haitai Nanafa 	402	
36 	Bottom Biting Bug 	382	
37 	K 	380	
38 	Gintama (Season 3) 	374	
39 	Medaka Box Abnormal 	373	
40 	To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness 	371	
41 	Teekyū 	360	
40 	Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You 	356

Branduil

I don't know why I thought of this, but does anyone know when Gothicmade might get a disc release? It already aired in theaters, right?

Kazzy

I beg to disagree. One of the things that made Kanji's arc in Persona 4 the video game was how tactfully it was handled in terms of showing his doubt over his sexual orientation, with little stereotypical comedy as possible. The anime completely missed the point there, reducing his character to the traditional sweet but funny "gay man".

A lot of that is down to the localization. The original Japanese dialogue leaves, *ahem*, a little to be desired.

duckroll

I don't know why I thought of this, but does anyone know when Gothicmade might get a disc release? It already aired in theaters, right?

It opened in November, but since then they've been slowly expanding the availability by opening in a few screens in different regions after other screenings stop. I think they're trying to achieve nationwide coverage, and based on what I can tell from the terrible official site, it looks like it's only opening in some screens in early Feb.

As such, I'll say the disc release probably won't happen until towards the end of the this year.

Branduil

It opened in November, but since then they've been slowly expanding the availability by opening in a few screens in different regions after other screenings stop. I think they're trying to achieve nationwide coverage, and based on what I can tell from the terrible official site, it looks like it's only opening in some screens in early Feb.

As such, I'll say the disc release probably won't happen until towards the end of the this year.

So it's just been showing in a few theaters around Japan for a few months now? That's kind of crazy.

Why hasn't zeroshiki previewed it for us yet?

Branduil

So why isn't there an Idolmaster episode where one of the girls gets caught in Producer-san's room and she has to shave her head and get demoted?

Branduil

It's Macaron lol.

Nevermind i was wrong.
Its been a long shitty night. Im exhausted and likely to fall asleep at the wheel driving home.

Since the English word macaroon can also refer to the macaroon, many have adopted the French spelling of macaron to distinguish the two items in the English language. However, this has caused confusion over the correct spelling. Some recipes exclude the use of macaroon to refer to this French confection while others think that they are synonymous.

You're both right.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Petit Eva: Evangelion@School 7

The creative process behind this show must've been like this:

"Hey I made some random shitty CG scene."
"Great, throw it in that Movie Maker project with all the others and hit 'render'."

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Jarmel

Banned
Robotics;Notes 15-

This is really boring. I'm having trouble articulating why this is poorly written. It's cohesive, which seems to be a rarity now, but the writing itself is dull and the whole story feels sorta cliche. There's really no spark to anything in this show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I Have No Idea Anymore TV 6

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

New Biglobe Poll: Most Popular Fall 2012 Anime
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-02-01/biglobe-poll/most-popular-fall-2012-anime

Code:
1 	Sword Art Online 	1,082	
2 	Little Busters! 	1,060 	
2 	Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! 	1,060 	
4 	Hidamari Sketch × Honeycomb 	1,050 	
5 	Kamisama Kiss	957	
6 	The Pet Girl of Sakurasou 	942	
7 	Psycho-Pass 	918	
8 	Robotics;Notes 	901	
9 	My Little Monster 	872	
10 	Blast of Tempest 	846	
11 	OniAi (Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne—) 	838	
12 	Kokoro Connect 	837	
13 	BTOOOM! 	805	
14 	Girls und Panzer 	777	
15 	Code:Breaker 	773	
16 	Bakuman. (TV 3) 	749	
17 	JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 	719	
18 	From the New World 	685	
19 	Ixion Saga DT 	662	
20 	Aikatsu! 	654	
21 	Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2 	589	
22 	Magi 	586	
23 	Jormungand Perfect Order 	582	
24 	Initial D Fifth Stage 	575	
25 	Say, "I Love You". 	534	
26 	Hiiro no Kakera Dai-ni-Shō 	508	
27 	Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life 	505	
28 	Monsuno 	503	
29 	Chō Soku Henkei Gyrozetter	502	
30 	Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 	490	
31 	Busou Shinki 	459	
32 	Aoi Sekai no Chūshin de 	435	
33 	Chitose Get You!! 	426	
34 	Litchi DE Hikari Club 	404	
35 	Haitai Nanafa 	402	
36 	Bottom Biting Bug 	382	
37 	K 	380	
38 	Gintama (Season 3) 	374	
39 	Medaka Box Abnormal 	373	
40 	To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness 	371	
41 	Teekyū 	360	
40 	Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You 	356
Baffling poll, k is way too low. No way could hiiro no kakera be more popular than k or gintama.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I Have No Idea Anymore TV 6

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Ph´nglui mglw´nafh Cthulhu R´lyeh wgah´nagl fhtagn?

duckroll

Robotics;Notes 15-

This is really boring. I'm having trouble articulating why this is poorly written. It's cohesive, which seems to be a rarity now, but the writing itself is dull and the whole story feels sorta cliche. There's really no spark to anything in this show.

Did the direction for the show ever get any better from the first two episodes? Judging from impressions, probably not. My biggest beef with it was that it was just so ordinary, and not in a good way. Everything is presented in the bare minimum that someone would expect given the scene, and nothing more. Scene layouts are boring. Character interactions are like echo chambers. Backgrounds were flat and layered. It was really like... watching someone play a visual novel. Truly mundane and a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom