• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Unless it's Fresh. You should really watch it if only because it breaks the mold for the franchise in ways that weren't seen before and haven't been seen since!

To this day Fresh has one of the best, if not, THE best OTP out of the Precure series.

LovexSetsuna for life!

Cuticle Detective Inaba 05

x4UjliD.jpg
NlwOpEp.jpg

This episode we see how our fetishes power ourselves and tsukkomi power that would put Shinpachi to shame.

Theonik

Gunbuster 03
So they kick off the episode with rolling text of science explanations while there is a scene we can only hear but not see. Did they run out of money or something? Isn't this what the Lesson shorts are for?
These doors/deck sorta reminded me of Nadia. Anno re-using things again! Speaking of that
The whole Smith thing was totally pulled off again in Nadia though Nadia did it slightly better I felt
Noriko is totally hopeless. So the antagonists are
literally star parasites.
Well this battle seems hopeless. We also get a peak at
Gunbuster

Edit: Great timing.

trejo

Hmm, my impression of the first episode was that the blonde guy seemed like an even bigger douche than Kai from Robo;Notes but for some reason I now feel compelled to give the second one a chance, at least.

Well the whole appeal of the show is that everyone is giant douches and overpowered geniuses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
WHAT

oh wow, it's true. According to google she met her future husband through that. He was playing Tuxedo Mask!

Yeah, I remember reading it on a profile and laughing. How many Japanese Samantha Bees could there be if they just let real actresses play the Precures?!

(She called it one of the worst experiences of her life, IIRC lol)

Robotics;Notes 15
tumblr_mhj9350dbZ1qzd219o1_500.gif

Darn I will miss the flags for reports stuff.
Though they never went back to touch on 7, wonder where its at if it wast with real Airi
. How did people actually see the twist, were there hints in previus episodes or something? I was caught off guard.
So glad we get t keep the superior Sister Centipede, I wonder if Frau will actually talk with her about BL?

Oh and Genki bot for best lines.

wonzo

Banned
Musashi Gundoh TV 13

gundoh13.jpg

So, this episode starts off with a flashback to how the ninja kid (voiced by Yuu Kobayashi) got turned into a monkey (voiced by Yuu Kobayashi) after he was caught spying on LEONARDO DA VINCI god knows how many years ago. Not longer after he's done, the rest of the gang finally arrives sans the woman from the earlier episodes with the magical transforming gun. This includes the ninja-turned-monkey-turned-ninja's equally retarded looking brother (also voiced by Yuu Kobayashi).

gundoh13a.jpg

Not long after that, the two duke it out in some poorly animated fight involving leaves and a log. Eventually there's a campfire scene ending the episode with some weird swamp like monster summoned by flags raising out of the ground. The background then changes to some weird green & purple photoshop accident while the monster turns into a large hooded man. The man then turns into a gigantic Tiger (Unfortunately, neither of these two were voiced by Yuu Kobayashi).

gundoh13b.jpg

Probably could start reading the manga along side it since the episode before that was the last canon one.

Oh, so that's where the split happens.

I'll probably read the manga later. I remember following it and understood nothing as it was running monthly and every new chapter was nothing but a blast of black ink everywhere.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mondaiji 4

Good stuff. Obviously setting up for things further down the line. Some really funny moments too
"Shiroyasha. Chou good job!"
. Izayoi continues to be a ridiculously broken badass, as well. Can't wait for next week.

Shergal

From the New World 18

OJkq073.jpg

It begins

No matter what is happening, this show is always so damn tense...
To be honest, I thought shit would go down this episode more than it did, but it was pretty incredible either way. Dat Arasan animation.
Shisei or whatever the guy with four pupils is called is fucking insane.

But the most interesting thing of the episode for me was clearly
Maria's speech at the end. Shit's really going to go down here, I can't wait for the obvious but probably awesome payoff.

Quasar

Maoyuu Maou Yuushu #5

Finally Maou and Yuushu are re-united. This was nice to see. Also...kraken kicking ass.

Though the timejump from last episode did feel rather jarring.

I really continue to feel that the pace of the show really is a bad fit for a 12 episode show. This feels like something as long as a Song of Ice and Fire and so 12 episodes might cover a chapter or two at most.

Before Gintama 51, a joke I forgot to put on my episode 50 impression.
Why not ask Nintendo...Gintama U. ok, that wasn't funny...

Gintama - 51

Gin-chan
son
, there's no way it's not Gin-chan
son
!!
Tsuzuku.
I like the new OP and ED.

duckroll

Tamako Market - Episode 4

OgrxAI4.jpg

Poor Anko is hiding from all the creepy fans planning lewd loli doujins. ~_~

Loved it. I think what benefits both ep3 and ep4 is how they are entirely focused on a supporting cast character. It makes the story more interesting, and it makes the episode feel more complete in a self contained manner. It helps that the writing is good, and the mannerisms remain natural in a really pleasant way. I can totally relate the the sort of feelings Anko had, and she hasn't been an "annoying" kid character in the show either, so it was nice to see her perspective in more depth. KyoAni has done it again. :D

Chihayafuru 2 4:
Great episode. The tension throughout the match was great, especially when
Taichi started really focusing
. It was nice to see Taichi having to battle some of his bad habits and deal with that despair, and we saw some good moments for Tsuboguchi, too.

Plus, Hanano got some big respect points
when she went over and realized she should start scouting Hokuo for the finals.

Kare Kano is Anno's best TV show

Truth.

Remember how amazing this show used to be before the stupid gag episode? Remember how it'd make something as boring as Karuta incredibly riveting to watch thanks to the top notch direction to build tension? Remember all of that? Well, it's finally back and hopefully here to stay.

Yeah, the tension here was pretty great, and it did feel like old school Chihayafuru. Here's hoping they keep this up for the rest of the show.

Now we just have to hope for Yakomaru-sama to destroy the evil human oppression and liberate his race.

I'm with team Yakomaru for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom