• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 9-12

It's over!
I was slowly dying on the inside as Kyouko's plan to appeal to Sayaka's witch form fell through. Even more so as Homura constantly struggled to free Madoka from becoming a witch. Of course Madoka would show up just in time to save Homura. :3

ULTRA HYPE when Madoka decided the laws of the universe sucked, SO JUST REWRITE THEM. BAM. Thank you based Madoka. Such an adorable, caring deity.

It's impossible to share any good caps so time for IRRELEVANT FANART. <3

Wasn't the show amazing? Love it so much!
I can't really find a fault with it after several viewings. Its so well done.

wonzo

Banned
Sometimes thats a pretty good thing though.

Yeah and I can't say this series is one of those times.

Love Live! 4

Idol culture is not a laughing matter.

But when I saw this final part I just knew it had to be gif'd
ibh6CWyattsCYX.gif
not in this gif. 0/10 &#12541;&#65288;´&#12540;&#65344;&#65289;&#9484;

goddamn, good job

Narag

Gintama 61

Oh my god, what a great arc.
I liked what their textbooks or whatever represented. Holding onto the past saved both Katsura and Takasugi but when Katsura brought it up to Gintoki, he so easily admitted having gotten rid of it forever ago. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen but damn if it didn't fit his character.

Would I like the Jojo anime if I disliked the game? I just can't get into it. Then again, I do stink at 2D fighters. :p

Oh, and Happy Bill Murray Day, Anime thread. ;)

duckroll

http://www.kokaku-a.com/

There's a news update on the official site. They confirmed some attendees and guests for the conference event on Feb 12 as well as what to expect.

Staff attendees:
Kazuchika Kise (Chief Director and Character Design)
Tow Ubukata (Series Composition and Script)
Mitsuhisa Ishikawa (Head of Production IG)

Guests:
Takeshi Natsuno (Telecommunications Guru)
Satoshi Endo (Director at Kadokawa's Ascii Media Works)

Footage Contents:
Worldwide premiere of the First Trailer and Opening Animation for Ghost in the Shell Arise.

cajunator

Banned
Apparently Windows 7 doesn't like my ancient flatbed scanner, so I had to take this picture with my tablet. Its catgirl Ritsu, because hnnngh.
Be nice. This is my first drawing in a good while. I'm really out of practice :/

Articalys

http://www.kokaku-a.com/

There's a news update on the official site. They confirmed some attendees and guests for the conference event on Feb 12 as well as what to expect.

Staff attendees:
Kazuchika Kise (Chief Director and Character Design)
Tow Ubukata (Series Composition and Script)
Mitsuhisa Ishikawa (Head of Production IG)

Guests:
Takeshi Natsuno (Telecommunications Guru)
Satoshi Endo (Director at Kadokawa's Ascii Media Works)

Footage Contents:
Worldwide premiere of the First Trailer and Opening Animation for Ghost in the Shell Arise.
I did a double take after reading the link as "kotaku" for a second. Anyway,

*looks up who Takeshi Natsuno is*
*finds out he gave a presentation about the "3 Impacts of Mobile Internet on the Evolution of Mankind"*

Yeah, I'd say he's a fitting guest for a GitS event.

stryke

Apparently Windows 7 doesn't like my ancient flatbed scanner, so I had to take this picture with my tablet. Its catgirl Ritsu, because hnnngh.
Be nice. This is my first drawing in a good while. I'm really out of practice :/

Looks awesome.

Urgh, I love doing lineart but man it's so time consuming. Only capable of copying as well (not tracing, just using other copying free hand).

Last thing I drew was one of Casca which I had signed by Yuuko Miyamura last year.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor moon 40

A hot springs episode?
Indeed it looks that way!
First off, we see Usagi's mom again. Holy shit. How did such a hottie create such a terrible loser, Usagi? Maybe she was adopted. The family is headed to a hot springs.
As they relax at the hot springs inn, Usagi sees someone down by the lake. It is
Mamoru.
She goes down to investigate and the family comes along.
Mamoru conjures up a bad spirit from the lake. Apparently some scorned lover or something.
Of course it turns into a youma hydra and attacks. Suddenly, the senshi come from out of nowhere and distract the creature so Usagi can slip away from her parents and transform.
The creature is quickly dispatched and Usagi heals it and it turns into a cute girl spirit. Apparently its happy now and forgives everything and disappears.
Tuxedo Kamen shows up and says some cryptic bullshit.
Usagi is reunited with her family. Then we see all the senshi in the hot springs. I like this episode quite a bit. By the way, Usagi actually looks kind of cute with her hair loops in this episode. Don't get used to me complimenting Usagi.

By the way, this question is kind of random and the result of some Wikipedia chain-linking after I went to confirm who Maria's VA was, but anyway:

Did we ever find out what they did with "maru" in the Rinne no Lagrange dub? It's been airing for a few weeks now on Neon Alley.
She says perfect just like in their subs.

/XX/

And now, Gor&#333;'s latest film in English (no dub 'made-in-Disney' this time):

From Up on Poppy Hill - Movie Trailers - iTunes
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/fromuponpoppyhill/

So good! I hope Studio Colorido continues to be true to their objectives (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42596925&postcount=16648), and ends up supporting even more artists in the same way for the future.

*sips his wine*

I do appreciate and respect your viewpoint however /XX/, as you remain an utmost gentleman in my mind - and I'd expect no less than your courteous and intellectual disagreement with any such dispute. You have my gratitude.
And you mine! No need for dispute as I don't want to convince you on how I personally see something (and I'm no eloquent with my so garbled thoughts expressed there, either). Only opinions. Just wanted to put in common some thoughts for you to know my views, but I appreciate your own and understand why you say them.

That is really what discussing means, isn't it? Coming to know each other through it. Agreement or not, that is secondary!

Articalys

Whoaaaa... How come you guys get this so late? It's been out in France for a year or something.
Go ahead, keep rubbing salt in the wound, why don't you.

That said, it'd be interesting to see some comparisons of worldwide theatrical release dates for some of the major anime films over the last handful of years.

Jubern

Go ahead, keep rubbing salt in the wound, why don't you.

That said, it'd be interesting to see some comparisons of worldwide theatrical release dates for some of the major anime films over the last handful of years.

That was a totally candid question, sorry :/

May have to commission myself some :cajun one day. You're even in driving distance IIRC, so I can get the real deal!

Love Live! 4

Idol culture is not a laughing matter.

But when I saw this final part I just knew it had to be gif'd
ibh6CWyattsCYX.gif

Godlike.

Articalys

That was a totally candid question, sorry :/
Heh, don't worry, I'm not actually mad (well, I am about getting this and Wolf Children late, but not at you); I've unfortunately gotten used to the fact that theatrical distributors for anime in the U.S. like to be as unproductive as possible about getting new films. I wonder how much money Aniplex poured into the worldwide Madoka movie release.

Gintama - 53

Episode about a good father.

Gintama - 54

Episode about a good mother.

Gintama - 55

Episode about a good mo...Hachiro is
Hanako
. O____O

Metrotab

Banned
Winter Backlog Anonymous: Mouryou No Hako - 4

I'm glad there was that discussion at the end, gave me a good insight on the chronological order of events. I'm still confused with all the dream-like symbolism though. Some events seem to be completely unrelated (like the order of the novel chapters).

-Minsc-

Gintama 61

Oh my god, what a great arc.
I liked what their textbooks or whatever represented. Holding onto the past saved both Katsura and Takasugi but when Katsura brought it up to Gintoki, he so easily admitted having gotten rid of it forever ago. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen but damn if it didn't fit his character.

ShiroYasha.png

Oh ho ho. These arcs of awesomeness may be brief and few but man do they deliver. :) It's strange though, the arcs follow the typical "hero gets beat up then comes back to save the day" formula but somehow Sorachi and the anime team make them feel different. They each have a certain flavour which help keep it feeling new. Plus, while Gintoki is the star of the show, the other characters usually always seem to fit right in. I rather enjoy how not everything falls on Gintoki to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom