• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

So now I have to keep up a persona to satisfy you? You know, I've been pretty consistent just being myself this whole time! I'm not going to start faking it just for your humor.
Huh? I never said you had to be anything, I was just saying that the joke I initially made, that fit at the time with the posts I saw, no longer fit once I read more of them. Nothing more or less should be inferred from that! I have no desire to force anyone to act in any way, that'd be boring for me.
Even though I wasn't a member then I was always on team Hanasaku Iroha.
How's it feel to know you were on the wrong side?

Still pissed that AnoHana jumped the shark so soon and that I can only consider myself correct with sales data and not actual quality.
Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 12

Stuff
Spoor's awesome. I find it rather amusing, and awesome, that almost every female Abh is bad ass, sans Lafiel herself but even she's not terrible. I don't see how the male Abh's even exist, figured someone wise would have just got rid of men completely since they're genetically engineered anyways. What purpose do they serve other than to give the women something to step on?

I don't like what they do to Spoor in the recap movie, she's kinda more flamboyant, dancing around every where and shit.

Kotoura-San episode 4
Mmm, alright episode I guess. I think ya'll are ragging on the Grandfather too much though. I think it's clear it's a calculated persona he's adapted in an effort to show his granddaughter that he cares for her but at the same time make living there uncomfortable enough as well in an effort to constantly get her to go to school.

That's what I'm telling myself anyways, otherwise, eww.

CUD

Banned
Haganai NEXT
Can someone tell me who these people are? I don't recall them from season 1...If they're upcoming characters, don't really mind any spoilers.
They haven't yet appeared in the anime, though I haven't read the manga so I can only assume they'll be introduced sometime this season.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
*sigh*
I got the road.
Damn. Bad luck. You can save it for Miho if you decide to get it. A road setting would suit a tank user.

Puchimas - 24

http://i.imgur.com/3A3S937.gif

Hi Azusa, nearly didn't recognise you.

The ED, what have they done!? T_T
This is the second time I've ended up giffing the same scene as you. I do apologise. I'm behind on the thread and I just gif'd it without reading previous posts.

You should watch Saki. Panties don't exist in that universe.
So she isn't wearing anything under that long top? ULTRA LEWD!

It's the standard reaction to almost every serious Gintama arc. lol

So much manliness.
Almost indeed. Kintama arc was rather disppointing in that regard. Though I did go "WOAH!" during the final bit but for completely different reason, espeically as the serious part was over.

Narag

Oh ho ho. These arcs of awesomeness may be brief and few but man do they deliver. :) It's strange though, the arcs follow the typical "hero gets beat up then comes back to save the day" formula but somehow Sorachi and the anime team make them feel different. They each have a certain flavour which help keep it feeling new. Plus, while Gintoki is the star of the show, the other characters usually always seem to fit right in. I rather enjoy how not everything falls on Gintoki to fix.

I assume the rarity is a lot of what makes them so good as they're likely more impactful when not the norm.

Westlo

I like randomly watched Gintama 140-142 by accident since I was just checking out the OPs and saw a scene that made me watch an episode... and I couldn't stop after that single ep... only watched the first 10 episodes.. (+ the first episodes of both new series) but holy fuck that was awesome shit, the
Yato
are crazy.. managed to stop myself from finishing this arc which I jumped into... totally motivated to carry on from episode 11 now.

Also watched Hunter X Hunter (2011) 1-5, only saw the first of the original series so I was like "lol wtf ep 1 done in 5 mins?!", but who cares fuck that, 2011 version is awesome. Sawashiro ftw.

Do you actually have the hardware adapters to take sound processing directly from the systems, or could you tell me the patch collection(s)?

I used FamiTracker so I didn't use any patches for those songs. FamiTracker is a music tracker based on the Famicom and supports many of the expansion chips that it used. There was one guy on their forums who did, by request, hardware recordings. Don't know if he still does this though.

Gintama 61

Oh my god, what a great arc.
I liked what their textbooks or whatever represented. Holding onto the past saved both Katsura and Takasugi but when Katsura brought it up to Gintoki, he so easily admitted having gotten rid of it forever ago. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen but damn if it didn't fit his character.

When DOES comes on you in Gintama you know shit is going down.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Puchimas! 24

ED1 > ED2
For the most part I agree, but ED1 did have Miki in it which is knocks it down a peg or twol

Well, it's been on hiatus for awhile and it will surely go on hiatus again soon so you have plenty of time to catch up.
Hopefully not too soon. I want some comedy episodes.

Every time I watch Four Devas, I start crying at that ending.

But then again, we're probably going to get something very similar unless Gintama suddenly gets extremely grimdark and turns into a hardcore funny book for adults or something. lol
I'm not reckless but I would almost be tempted to place an avatar bet that this tune will be played next week. The staple of an arc's end.

Gintama - 57

Justaway evolves to
Justtank.
And there's the Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon again.
Next comes the Benizakura arc.

Narag

Petit Eva: Evangelion@School 3

Wk66u9Il.png

DQuy6yql.png

Future of anime.

Fairy Tail 167
tumblr_mhlk5fHAne1rgotfdo1_500.gif

Pandemonium was way awesome animated. Cant believe fans complained cause they had more bandages covering a certain part of Erza there and a slightly less amount of brusies, among such fantastic battle visuals and moments. MPF was super good too. Jura, Hibiki,
Fairy Glitter
ftw.

This new 14th OP is alright though heavy on showing a future event
Natsu Gajeel v Sting Rogue

This new 14th ED is decent nothing special though I like the chibi'ish style for the characters.

Syrinx

Sailor moon 40

A hot springs episode?
Indeed it looks that way!
First off, we see Usagi's mom again. Holy shit. How did such a hottie create such a terrible loser, Usagi? Maybe she was adopted. The family is headed to a hot springs.
As they relax at the hot springs inn, Usagi sees someone down by the lake. It is
Mamoru.
She goes down to investigate and the family comes along.
Mamoru conjures up a bad spirit from the lake. Apparently some scorned lover or something.
Of course it turns into a youma hydra and attacks. Suddenly, the senshi come from out of nowhere and distract the creature so Usagi can slip away from her parents and transform.
The creature is quickly dispatched and Usagi heals it and it turns into a cute girl spirit. Apparently its happy now and forgives everything and disappears.
Tuxedo Kamen shows up and says some cryptic bullshit.
Usagi is reunited with her family. Then we see all the senshi in the hot springs. I like this episode quite a bit. By the way, Usagi actually looks kind of cute with her hair loops in this episode. Don't get used to me complimenting Usagi.

Usagi's mom may be the most underrated character in the show. From now on whenever I participate in SM list wars I'm putting her in my list.

cj_iwakura

Usagi's mom may be the most underrated character in the show. From now on whenever I participate in SM list wars I'm putting her in my list.

If you read between the lines, most of the Senshi have serious parent issues. Ami's are divorced, Makoto's are dead, and everyone else's are perpetually MIA.

Syrinx

If you read between the lines, most of the Senshi have serious parent issues. Ami's are divorced, Makoto's are dead, and everyone else's are perpetually MIA.

Yeah I noticed that, though from what I hear the manga goes a bit more in depth than the anime. Specifically with Rei, apparently
her mom died in a hospital from illness but her father was too focused on work to be there with her, which disgusted Rei so much she refuses to live with him
, hence why she lives at the temple with her grandfather.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Psycho-Pass 15-

We're in full riot mode. Damn, this is straight up endgame.

They're like completely understaffed. Where is the military?
Well isn't that the whole point? They've been in a situtation where they've only needed with a few crimes now and then.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong country. All that swag Ill never have, if anyone even licenses the show at all. Fuck you Us anime industry.
Oh boo hoo hoo.

Kotoura-san 4

Did anyone else find some of the dialogue in this episode...off-putting? Some of the parts with her grandpa were straight-up uncomfortable.
Welcome to Japan?

Again, don't know how I missed this earlier.
As you might expect, several of the comments are pretty snarky.
Seems they've been deleting comments. Guess you need to ask subtler things like "Do you prefer Shelbyville to Springfield?".

Im willing to do the podcast - provided its short (between 30 and 60 min)
Take my money.

cj_iwakura

Yeah I noticed that, though from what I hear the manga goes a bit more in depth than the anime. Specifically with Rei, apparently
her mom died in a hospital from illness but her father was too focused on work to be there with her, which disgusted Rei so much she refuses to live with him
, hence why she lives at the temple with her grandfather.

Ami's father is a wandering artist who sometimes sends her letters, her mother's working at the hospital pretty much 24/7.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 5
tumblr_mhkgj9gwXk1rdiylyo2_250.gif
tumblr_mhkgj9gwXk1rdiylyo4_250.gif

First skit was so funny, Nozaki Kei/Inaba moments and just a hilarious conclusion, and the hot springs. One of the better ones Ive seen, though Haruka/Inaba moments and even Yataru/Yuuta.
thought we'd finally see Lorenzo's face but...then the towel!!!

All of Nozaki Kei's lines and retorts had me laughing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lol we love ya cajin. but trust me - 3d futanari (for my friend at least) have treated him well...too well in fact.
WOAH WOAH WOAH! How is this possible. This is seen as the pinnicle of human form. A thing of legends. Such a thing cannot possibly exist...

my friend its in to the whole LBGT thing and has a transgenderd GF to match. has a whole SLATE of manga based on it. GF dont care.
Oh... and here I though nature had found a way...

Are you guys doing a podcast?!
Once a month the podcast idea is brought up and nothing comes from it.

-Minsc-

I like randomly watched Gintama 140-142 by accident since I was just checking out the OPs and saw a scene that made me watch an episode... and I couldn't stop after that single ep... only watched the first 10 episodes.. (+ the first episodes of both new series) but holy fuck that was awesome shit, the
Yato
are crazy.. managed to stop myself from finishing this arc which I jumped into... totally motivated to carry on from episode 11 now.

Wow, you picked quite the spot to jump in to. How you managed to pull yourself away is beyond me. At least it has given you the ambition to start watching the series. :)

jbug617

Banned
Jojo 17

Good episode that showed the results of Jojo's hard training.
I guess AC/DC survives and I wonder if he goes into somebody body

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World EX 2

I feel like this OVA, and the one before it, is just largely to flesh out KYH as a character. Moreso than anything I wonder if this is just pure fanservice or they want to portray KYH as an insecure girl, just like anyone. Meh. Regardless, this OVA wasn't as good as the last one. Still, it had some nice references, some foreshadowing if S2 ever comes around, and a good bit of humor. It was.... alright.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] 17
Joseph dishing out the life lessons.

The next episode preview was hilarious, not because of it spoiling something, but because the spoiler itself is western comic ridiculous shit.

Westlo

Wow, you picked quite the spot to jump in to. How you managed to pull yourself away is beyond me. At least it has given you the ambition to start watching the series. :)

It was pretty hard, but I really shouldn't be watching that arc right now and 142 ending a fight that was going on so I stopped. Always liked Gintama but the amount of episodes is daunting, but knowing it gets this good does help.

Btw what is this arc called and what episode did it start?

Narag

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation - Heir to the Stars

sqsMEzul.png

Titans colors make everything better.

v4qTNMCl.png
YK6zHHzl.png

QD7CbHXl.png
SV1lkw8l.png

Man, some of the new animation looks nice but it's so inconsistent with the rest. Above cuts are are right after one another and it's jarring.

PCZUIbol.png
JfpwMcdl.png
weRq47Nl.png

Stuff was shithot at other times, particularly in the longer cuts. Frankly, the movie itself would have been a little better had it adopetd its own visual identity rather than co-opting the TV series. Changes might have been more palatable this way too.

Not sure I'm really feeling this. The brief prologue to set things up was nice (dat Gackt) but Kamille's early motivation and insecurity seems to have been flanderized entirely to simply "Fuck the Police." Colony 30 stuff was glossed over and lost its impact, I think. It's one thing to portray the Titans as out of control bad guys by suddenly discovering what happened there the same time as Kamille did (at least I think it was him in the original show), another to say, "Hey check out this vid on my computer." Quattro getting the Hyaku Shiki seemingly out of nowhere felt so strange too.

Ending was strong at least as it was a great place to stop:
the Asshimar encounter where Char & Amuro were reunited after ten years.
It compromised the last fifteen minutes of the movie, looked amazing, and kinda hurt as it's what the entire movie should have looked like.

One thing I did see when I was checking wikipedia for Zeta episode info was Yasuhiro Imagawa directed episodes 1 & 14. I'll have to keep that in mind when I finally rewatch the show properly. I also saw Bright's VA's final role was in these movies. Quite a sendoff.

RoyalFool

Banned
Chihayafuru S2E4

Woo, Eyebrows gets an episode! Was slightly worried they'd messed up the love triangle dynamic with the new characters but it's now starting to look like the new members serve more as a plot device for introducing the game/rules to people who missed the first series than disrupting things. Still can't believe my luck that they are making a second season, didn't the first one sell like 2,000 copies?

Also completely randomly..

My-Hime
This was my favourite series as a kid, so I decided to re-watch it now it's been 10 or so years just to see what on earth I liked about it. It holds up pretty well, I think it stands out for being one of very few series where the tone shifts with each episode - if you were to watch the first few then the last few you'd think it was a completely different show, it makes you think it's one of those light hearted dramas where no one ever actually dies - then turns it into a blood bath. Kuga is totally waifu material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom