• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

K-ON! 10

dHmj3btl.jpg

And then they made her brown to double her pandering potential.
lol'd hard at Ritsu giving Azunyan a thumbs up for fucking with Mio. lol'd just as hard at Yui & Ritsu washing ashore

Theonik

Gunbuster 05
iZhpuhQI59dxw.png
ibhX7dkGhSxYLb.png
iZ9QB17YOHeDF.png

As if the Soviet Mecha didn't date this enough
Of all the dates they could have chosen :( Dem reflections can't get enough of them. This episode was quite "Deep" pretty lewd too and with quite a bit of :chet and gainax bounce returns! Some slapkuga too. Oh they actually bothered to animate the mouths too! *Spoilers for this one potentially* They had a lot of noriko service too that I sadly cannot link (pervs!)
I couldn't be arsed to make transparent pics of gunbuster for that purpose.
Dat battle. Timeskip must really suck for all those involved. And how on earth couldn't they make more
Gunbustahs
in 10 years? Actually though the oddest timeskip is this.
They were meant to reach Earth's absolute defence in 2 days. But it took 4 months for the Gunbusters to even intercept them. So ooooood
Edit: Quality on this episode was also increased, reading about it they transitioned to shooting on 35mm film from 16mm on this one and it shows!

Narag

K-ON! 11

Jealouly can be so ugly. It's weird how Azunyan has sort of become a POV character.

Ritsu & Mio fighting reminded me of Chet & Kandrick briefly bickering in here. :'(

JJBA 17

That was my first time seeing the manga Terraformars pv but they really made it look and sound pretty cool. If only it was in english beyond v1. That being said, hopefully it gets an anime and stuff this year or even next year, Id watch.

The episode itself was probably one of the best ones and delivered on the match up I was most looking forward to in a while. It was quite amazing. They are really funny and it was really suspenseful and intense Best moment:
when ACDC sama took Joseph's trick, could stop laughing, and then when Joseph did it too. Will miss their interactions and stuff
. Dont know how the anime can top this.

Otherwise, its still difficult to even enjoy Lisa Lisa's prsence, how do you do that stuff with the ruby but still look and sound completely bored and uninterested? Does she even care about whats going on?

Lastly on the other commercial, I hope we do ever get to see that Josuke (I think thats his name they keep showing his figure every week) animated, looks kind of cool at least, looking around.

Kazzy

K-ON! 11

Jealously can be so ugly. It's weird how Azunyan has sort of become a POV character.

This becomes much more pronounced in K-ON!!

Which went some way to vindicating the character for me, because I just felt she was extremely superfluous in the first season.

Narag

This becomes much more pronounced in K-ON!!

Which went some way to vindicating the character for me, because I just felt she was extremely superfluous in the first season.

Interesting. Currently she just seems like an unneeded proxy for the viewer while watching the others being silly.

Kazzy

Interesting. Currently she just seems like an unneeded proxy for the viewer while watching the others being silly.

They use it much more effectively in the future, but I agree that Azusa is conspicuously placed after her introduction. She serves so real purpose, with her functions already secondary to the rest of the main cast. Mio already filling the "straight man" role, and Yui is the designated protagonist. I think it speaks to the reason most prefer K-ON!!, because it is more of an ensemble piece, at least amongst the core group, making her role as the viewpoint feel more organic.

Jex

Gunbuster 05

Timeskip must really suck for all those involved. And how on earth couldn't they make more
Gunbustahs
in 10 years?

But they do get around to it. They just aren't Gunbusters.
Super Prototype thing too. I think one of the science lessons talks about it some.

This isn't actually true, the new machines are actually just smaller than the Gunbuster. At least, if I remember correctly. Although really, what's the point in a smaller giant robot.

Narag

Been scrubbing through Diebuster the past few days. Aside from the thematic stuff that's so well done, there's so much other little attention to detail that strikes me as a result of a lot of care being put into this.

I absolutely adore the scene in six where Dix Neuf takes his true form and Lal'C gives that speech to the forlorn Nono. Not only does the music really help make it but the entire one-sided encouragement that culminated in "That's hard work and guts!" and finally elicited a response from Nono. It's like the role reversal between the two was finally complete at that point.
Shit's just satisfying.

cajunator

Banned
Whoaaaa... How come you guys get this so late? It's been out in France for a year or something.
I loved it, nothing like the mess his first movie was.

I still haven't seen this :(

A Japanese pixel artist was inspired by the last few episodes of Smile Precure to make an absolutely incredible battle animation.

edit: on that note, don't forget DokiDoki Precure starts airing in just under eight hours.

I love these little animations. I kind of want to try to do one. It wouldnt be very good but its worth trying.

Jex

Django:Unchained

Most anime would benefit from having people being shot in the dick. It's always appropriate.

Syrinx

Cowboy Bebop 19

Highlight of this episode was Ein cutting off Faye's transmission. Otherwise, not a spectacular episode. That Miles guy was a bit of a dork, but he played well off of Spike and the old guy. Probably one of the weaker episodes in the series so far.

Cowboy Bebop 20

...Holy fuck.

Narag

This isn't actually true, the new machines are actually just smaller than the Gunbuster. At least, if I remember correctly. Although really, what's the point in a smaller giant robot.

I was more referring to Gunbuster itself. The relationship between that and the Sizzlers is like the Gundam/GM thing where the mass production stuff never quite measures up and it simply isn't feasible or cost effective to replicate the original in any great number.
One degeneracy generator and all that,
I haven't seen it in years myself though so I might just be misremembering stuff too myself.

From the New World 18

I hope they explain what happened here, like what or who is that even? Otherwise really good events and suspense. Kaburagi (is that his name) was really cool.
Almost thought he was gonna die from those bakanezumi coming up the ladder and then that he was going to give in to rage and do something bad, but so calm and collected to deliver such an explosive and epic attack and assault. Hope he survives to the end, Satoru as well, I cant lose all my characters to plot, so far already did lose shun and mamoru, assuming yatomaru did in fact get their real bones and those arent fabrications. Mama asahina should calm down too...she might be putting herself directly in line to die :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice edit. lol
not in this gif. 0/10 ヽ(´ー`)┌
goddamn, good job
SunhiLegend is nothing.

/slowclap
You are our king and god
I wish I could make GIFs like that. orz
Woah this GIF is perfect

PERFECT !
10/10
awesome gif.
*Blush* Thanks for the positive comments.

How is that done? Is it software?
Yes.

A mix of Photoshop and Quicktime.

Seems like those in the know have been warning people away from the previews since early on.
JoJo seems to made for those who have already read the manga. The previews, the ads advertising the figures (big spoiler this week). Everything just assumes you already know.

Would I like the Jojo anime if I disliked the game? I just can't get into it. Then again, I do stink at 2D fighters. :p
The game doesn't really tell you anything about the show apart from how crazy some of the characters are.

Apparently Windows 7 doesn't like my ancient flatbed scanner, so I had to take this picture with my tablet. Its catgirl Ritsu, because hnnngh.
Be nice. This is my first drawing in a good while. I'm really out of practice :/
Looks good.

Thank you Japan for bring such joy to our lives.

Hyakko 7-13
5450400exjm4.jpg

This week on "Things People Wish They Hadn't Said."

Thoughts remain largely unchanged. I enjoyed it overall, but not to the extent that I'd want to re-watch it or recommend it to others. It didn't help that the main character (and I mean the actual main character, i.e. Torako) was one of my least favourite archetypes with 'suddenly, issues!' that I didn't give two bananas about. Less focus on her and more on the other/supporting characters would've improved things significantly. That and reducing the amount of quality as well.

Branduil

Cowboy Bebop 19

Highlight of this episode was Ein cutting off Faye's transmission. Otherwise, not a spectacular episode. That Miles guy was a bit of a dork, but he played well off of Spike and the old guy. Probably one of the weaker episodes in the series so far.

Cowboy Bebop 20

...Holy fuck.

Hello, boy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shin Seikai Yori #18 - It feels like the entire series up to this point has been building up to where we are at now. And it's so damn satisfying to see play out wow. Also it definitely feels like
squealer killed maria and mamoru so he could raise their child as a queerat. Because the child in question is definitely the caucus user the queerats are using for their own ends

Tamako Market #4 - The show has really settled into a nice laid-back slice-of-life atmosphere, that I'm really enjoying to watch on a week-by-week basis. The clear focus on one member of the supporting cast is really good too. Anko was so endearing to watch in this episode.<3 especially since she reminded me of my imouto <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom