• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm gonna call this one done... at least for now. ^^;

pixiv link.

GigaGirl_furisode_snow_finish_smaller_zps4e343bfe.jpg

Strike Witches 2 ep1-7

So far this has pretty much been more of the same as season 1. Which is exactly what I wanted. Sakamoto's new voice actor does a good job in the normal talking bits but the laugh just isn't as good. This season is more in your face with the fanservice, like the broom training episode and the fantastic episode 7. I would have already powered through this but other stuff got in the way, thankfully I have more freetime now so I'll finish this soon.

It really is a shame about Sakamoto's new laugh, but otherwise I enjoyed S2 just as much, if not more than S1. S2 just seemed to have a lot more really fun episodes compared to the first, like episodes 5, 6, and ESPECIALLY 7.

RurouniZel

Your art is so cute. Is it drawn with a tablet first or scanned in? SInce I draw stuff by hand, how do I set it up for coloring in a program? I have so many questions about digital painting.

I usually draw by hand and scan in first.

I then use Paint Tool SAI for outlining and coloring, and Photoshop for effects (like the warped flower texture on her furisode) and general cleanup. I'll double-click the pencil scan layer so I can change it's name so it's not "background". This lets me move the layer to the top. I lower the opacity of the layer and create a layer above it called "Lineart", and effectively try to trace my pencil work, but in a cleaner fashion. This part takes me forever and is my least favorite part. ^^; Once that's done, I create a folder for colors for the character and create layers for everything (for example, her face is three layers. The skin, the eye whites, and the pupils) and color them all on separate layers. There's other techs too, but those are the basic basics.

Is it supposed to be creepy?

Maybe a little creepy cute. :3 Mostly kinda mysterious, but I suppose creepy works too. ^^;

cajunator

Banned
I usually draw by hand and scan in first.

I then use Paint Tool SAI for outlining and coloring, and Photoshop for effects (like the warped flower texture on her furisode) and general cleanup. I'll double-click the pencil scan layer so I can change it's name so it's not "background". This lets me move the layer to the top. I lower the opacity of the layer and create a layer above it called "Lineart", and effectively try to trace my pencil work, but in a cleaner fashion. This part takes me forever and is my least favorite part. ^^; Once that's done, I create a folder for colors for the character and create layers for everything (for example, her face is three layers. The skin, the eye whites, and the pupils) and color them all on separate layers. There's other techs too, but those are the basic basics.

Maybe a little creepy cute. :3 Mostly kinda mysterious, but I suppose creepy works too. ^^;

So you scan it in then trace over it in computer? Using a tablet or what?

It's kinda bad and from what I understand, I don't quite grasp just how bad the adaptation is due to no exposure to the manga. That said, what was its competition?

I think Id have, Brave 10, Kingdom, Blast of Tempest, K (if that counts) as leading the way in the best "new" shonen action series of 2012.

RurouniZel

So you scan it in then trace over it in computer? Using a tablet or what?

Yes, I use a Wacom tablet. It's really the best way, though it takes a while to get used to. :/

I wish I had the artistic skill rurounizel has >_

Thank you, but a lot of it is training and just bloody persistence on my part. And I do still make lots of mistakes. After I finish the pieces I've already started I'm going to take some of Extollere's advise and try harder to be more careful in the planning stages.

It's better if it wasn't dark imo :S

Probably, but I felt like trying something different.

Narag

K-ON! 13

Guess this is the OVA ep. I, uh, didn't think this could possibly could get any more slice-of-life. It's not a bad thing though, probably the most grounded of the eps given the circumstances each face.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
K-ON! 13

Guess this is the OVA ep. I, uh, didn't think this could possibly could get any more slice-of-life. It's not a bad thing though, probably the most grounded of the eps given the circumstances each face.

Sounds a lot like Nichijou's OVA episode, then.

Gundam AGE Episode 34 or "Ridley is too big for this show."

Space Pirates attack in this episode. One of them in a mobile suit that looked very familiar. Piloting it was the leader 'Captain Ash' who as we later find out just blows up Feddie ships who are in cahoots with the Vegans. Flit calls him 'the enemy'.

So far I like 'Captain Ash' a lot. btw the opening as of this episode actually shows the true identity of 'Captain Ash' before we find out in the episode. The six people watching this while it was airing would've had no way of avoiding that spoiler. Thanks guys!

Next Episode: Yaaar there be pirate treasure in this show!

Ultimadrago

The iDOLM@STER 13

Everyone working together to makes things happen
on stage
! It was cute.

Of course, Ryuuguu Komachi is still the best group.

The iDOLM@STER 14

Fruits are better than Jupiter.

Peach > Kiwi >> Grapefruit > Pineapple > Apple > Strawberry > Grapes > Lemon> Banana > Orange > Melon > Cherry

The iDOLM@STER 15

welpgjbii.png
welpkqyzv.png

If only Big O looked like one of these babies instead.

I wish this were the whole episode!
OVA when. Film when. Spin-off when.

The iDOLM@STER 16

This was okay. It had Hibiki, animals and Hibiki with animals. I wish the character-centered episodes were better overall. I still have an alright time with most of them, but there's always more to be desired with them. They're always lacking.

cajunator

Banned
Something I'm noticing about Sailor Moon. at least the first season. Every senshi only uses one attack and spams it over and over. Please tell me they get more attacks in season 2!

stryke

So what's the deal with the new Sailor Moon? Did the previous anime not cover it all or they're doing something ala FMA brotherhood...

cajunator

Banned
I actually know how the whole show ends because I watched the final couple of episodes, but it doesn't leave a whole lot left undone.

Ultimadrago

Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle

...Okay, just kidding.

I can't get myself to start the last I have to watch of the three terrible, god-awful Fatal Fury films.

I will one day gain the strength.

Syrinx

Because thats just how Cajun rolls, son. (plus Im pretty sure at this rate I'll never get to the ending in the first place)

How...like...did you choose to see the ending just cause? Or did you end up seeing it at a party or at a friend's house or in an anime club meeting or something?

Theonik

So what's the deal with the new Sailor Moon? Did the previous anime not cover it all or they're doing something ala FMA brotherhood...
It's a re-imagining starring Luna and Artemis which transform to Sailor Soldiers and fight. It will be directed By Imaishi and written by Okada with Umakoshi character designs.
No-one knows

Syrinx

It's a re-imagining starring Luna and Artemis which transform to Sailor Soldiers and fight. It will be directed By Imaishi and written by Okada with Umakoshi character designs.
No-one knows

No joke, if this show was essentially "The Artemis Show", I would totally watch the FUCK out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom