• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Let me help convince you otherwise. He also has one pant leg rolled up to his upper thigh. wtf

Thats not that unusual..
oYTXmxa.jpg

Black Rock Shooter TV really is amazing in retrospect. It's hard to think of many other series that consistently outcrazy themselves in the same way. I guess it's a good thing it's only eight episodes because I don't think Okada could have kept that up much longer.

Doubting Okada's abilities?
Or is that but a thinly veiled challenge?

That said she is a really influential screenwriter, like I couldn't tell you the director of BRS but I recognize that she must have spawned it.

Theonik

Seeing Narag's post earlier made me realise I hadn't watched the 13th episode of K-ON! seeing as more K-ON! is never a bad thing...

K-ON! "A Winter Day"
That was pretty cute, I liked the Azunyan #2 stuff a lot and job Mugi was cute too. Poor Ritsu. Oh also that's where that glove GIF came from. (as well as the Azunyan cat one)

Black Rock Shooter TV 7

So the Yu we know was Strength and suffering Yu with no emotions was actual Yu. Why does she still look the same as when Noto Mamiko sensei was a student? Why was she reincarnated as Mato's friend?
This show is practically the equivalent of burning in hell.

Branduil

Black Rock Shooter TV 7

So the Yu we know was Strength and suffering Yu with no emotions was actual Yu. Why does she still look the same as when Noto Mamiko sensei was a student? Why was she reincarnated as Mato's friend?

impYQNqxA5itq.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Black Rock Shooter TV 7

She looks like Cruella De vil.

Something I'm noticing about Sailor Moon. at least the first season. Every senshi only uses one attack and spams it over and over. Please tell me they get more attacks in season 2!

The dub handles this by just having the attack names changed every episode with absolutely no consistency whatsoever.

cajunator

Banned
The dub handles this by just having the attack names changed every episode with absolutely no consistency whatsoever.

I vaguely remember that, but I ca honestly say watching it in Japanese finally has wiped my old memories of that abomination away. I actually havent seen the full episode 45/46 because DiC edited both episodes into one and cut out at least 20 minutes of footage.

Narag

K-On!: Live House!

This is sort of a nice complement to the thirteenth ep given that one focused almost entirely on their individual lives and this one is almost entirely on the band and time spent together.

iJWf9NEdCQTyd.gif

cajunator

Banned
K-On!: Live House!

This is sort of a nice complement to the thirteenth ep given that one focused almost entirely on their individual lives and this one is almost entirely on the band and time spent together.

iJWf9NEdCQTyd.gif

That gif cracks me up so fucking much.

Anime gaf I need your help!

What series is this from?

1823_c546.gif

My google skills are growing weak and couldn't find anything... I fear my final hour is drawing near....

Articalys

If the podcast idea would be too complex to actually execute, maybe if we had someone with design/layout skills we could do some sort of monthly web magazine, with articles and review and stuff... I dunno, just an idea.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Pretty Cure] 01
That was so so. It lacks the energy of following openers, but it wasn't totally dull. I liked Nagisa as a protagonist and the "whatthefuckisthisshit" attitude she has towards all the Pretty Cure crap, in contrast with Hokona's calmer and more rational demeanour. Their chemistry is pretty non-existent at this point in the show, but I suppose Toei had more important things in mind right now.
Buy our toy cellphones! And the trading cards too!
The weirdest thing to me was the action. I'm used to the fast paced sequences of later series, even when they had to rely on stock footage to pad the episode. Futari wa is quite conservative in that regard, where even the main battle against the Kiss wannabe looked pedestrian and lacking in glamour. On the other hand, there's virtually no CGI at all, so that's a plus.
The last thing I want to touch on is the Crunchyroll work (or lack thereof since it seems they just got it from somebody else). The subtitles are too large and obstrusive to the point where I cannot see the OP clearly, and midway through the episode they become out of synch with the dialogue. Also, the audio is full of static as if it had been recorded through a microphone --a real shame considering the orchestrated soundtrack ain't too shabby.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've been beasting through Yes 5 since last night and I'll be right there watching it with you tomorrow, Regulus.

cajunator

Banned

That was so so. It lacks the energy of following openers, but it wasn't totally dull. I liked Nagisa as a protagonist and the "whatthefuckisthisshit" attitude she has towards all the Pretty Cure crap, in contrast with Hokona's calmer and more rational demeanour. Their chemistry is pretty non-existent at this point in the show, but I suppose Toei had more important things in mind right now.

The weirdest thing to me was the action. I'm used to the fast paced sequences of later series, even when they had to rely on stock footage to pad the episode. Futari wa is quite conservative in that regard, where even the main battle against the Kiss wannabe looked pedestrian and lacking in glamour. On the other hand, there's virtually no CGI at all, so that's a plus.

The last thing I want to touch on is the Crunchyroll work (or lack thereof since it seems they just got it from somebody else). The subtitles are too large and obstrusive to the point where I cannot see the OP clearly, and midway through the episode they become out of synch with the dialogue. Also, the audio is full of static as if it had been recorded through a microphone --a real shame considering the orchestrated soundtrack ain't too shabby.

But look how cute the character designs are!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

This is actually one thing the show resolves pretty well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is actually one thing the show resolves pretty well.
Wacky hijinx a-plenty first, I hope.
It's........been an experience.

I'm kind of glad that GoGo doesn't have a full translation yet because I'd probably die if I had to watch fifty more episodes of this.
I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to endure one hundred episodes of Pretty Cure this year to be honest. Plus Sailor Moon.

Articalys

AKB0048 Next Stage 5 (18)

Oh sure, let's make the ugly guy a Makoto fan, why don't we >_>
Well, she still got a badass moment there, so I guess it balances out in the end.
Also it was a legitimately fun episode all around anyway.

Contrary to the next works , the futari wa precure season ( the first ) takes time to make the duo as it is in the recent works. It's much slower but it has a much higer pay off.

The same can be said for the action..

It's........been an experience.

I'm kind of glad that GoGo doesn't have a full translation yet because I'd probably die if I had to watch fifty more episodes of this.
Gogo is actually much much better than "yes" because they don't waste too much time with pointless stuff and it has way more action.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor moon 41

Endymion
is sent around to collect the remaining members of the 7 Great youmas.
One of them is
ami's BF, Ryo Urawa
. He has
the ability of precognition, so knows all about Sailor Mercury and all the stuff about the other senshi and the Dark Kingdom.
Endymion
chases after him. Ami transforms into Mercury to protect him, and they end up at a amusement park.
Endymion manages to capture Ryo and encase him in the crystal.
Mercury manages to distract
endymion and grabs the crystal and destroys it, releasing the 7 who were trapped inside it.
The senshi team up and manage to heal
Endymion, turning him back into Mamoru.
however he is transported away once again by Queen Beryl.
Looks like the end times are coming!

Ultimadrago

Mouryou no Hako 4

I've heard of an out-of-body experience, "but this is ridiculous"!

I can see the connection of
clean cut, replacapble limbs, not unlike a doll's.
Why
specific females
? At least I'm led to believe they're all women thus far.

I'm trying to get the mystery. Through that, it's making for a positive experience.

The ending has even more
inanimate human shaped objects
! This time shaped within the
PTSD
of the investigator.

CorvoSol

No and yes.
No it wasn't intended.
yes we're meant to see him as a self hating person that couldn't let go. However i answer "no" to the "intended from the writter " part because ...well you'll find out in the ending.

So basically Hino is effing clueless to the fact that in one fell swoop he made his story's hero the greatest villain in the entire Gundam series?

WHY AM I REMEMBERING FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom