• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Blood-C 1-4

1. Well, you guys weren't kidding about the character designs. No need for those long limbs

2. This Saya is already better than the Blood+ version (and that version was absolutely terrible)

But for goodness sake, can Saya actually save some people from getting brutally murdered? She just stood there as the baker was getting ripped apart. >_<

So far.....I actually like it. I'm sure things will get much better

Yeees. Much, much better!

Narag

New Getter Robo 2

HnlsQ8zl.png
RzCpZYYl.png

hayatoooo

Y'know, I heard they upped the crazy in this one but I was not prepared. Hayato's even more batshit then Ryoma.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Brothers 43

You know what, I was going to post a screen cap, but I guess I shouldn't just in case.

Anyhow, all I'll say is that while I think the show is poorly paced for a television series, they way they set up this climax was pretty much perfect.

It's a great pay off to something that has been established ages ago, so I have to applaud them - presumably the mangaka specifically - for setting this up well. It gives me confidence in the show as a serial work at least. No hatches and polar bears, more Babylon stations and Earth Civil Wars.

Space Brothers 43:
What a moving piece of television.

When Buddy started freaking out, everything hit me emotionally like a bag of bricks. Then you had the stoic Azuma getting emotional and shouting for Hibito. I was sure Hibito was going to survive and that the Brian probe was going to show up with oxygen, but when he collapsed to the ground and stopped moving as the music stopped, I really thought he was dead. It was an incredible moment. The genuine pain that you could see Hibito going through, while the people at NASA and JAXA could only sit around feeling helpless was gut wrenching. And then the Brian probe shows up and Hibito has a hallucination of Brian telling him that he's showed up to save him, and that's when the tears really started. It was beautiful.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anohana 1&2

&#21270;&#29289;&#12399;&#21487;&#24859;&#12356;&#12381;&#12358;&#12290;

&#20197;&#22806;&#12398;&#36074;&#21839;&#12391;&#12418;750ml&#12398;&#12527;&#12452;&#12531;&#12399;&#12414;&#12384;&#27531;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12427;&#12290;&#39154;&#12416;? &#26126;&#26085;&#12414;&#12391;&#24453;&#12388;&#65311;
Chug it.

In a good way? Keep in mind you're talking to someone that greatly liked Code Geass, Black Rock Shooter TV, and Guilty Crown all unironically.

No, not particularly good. It is the most unexpected thing I ever thought could happen in that show, and brings the entire show down a notch just by thinking about it.

Mitsuho

Banned
anohana 3

&#12418;&#12358;&#12356;&#12356;&#12290;&#39154;&#12414;&#12394;&#12387;&#12363;&#12390;&#26126;&#26085;&#12398;&#28858;&#12395;&#27531;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12427;&#12290;&#12362;&#12420;&#12377;&#12415;&#12394;&#12373;&#12356;&#12290;

Shergal

Lol at the Hyouka's episode 8 comment:

Key Animator Yoshiaki Urata:

Episode 8&#8242;s highlight has to be the student film’s locked room mystery, doesn’t it?
The feeling as thought it was made very quickly and by amateurs really gave it an unrefined impression just like a student film would look like.
Of course, it was troublesome for us to make the characters act the way they did, layout the scenes, and make the camerawork, and other components of the film.

That scene had each section working their hardest to produce.

In order to raise the realism of the movie, we filmed our own movie using a camera and used that as reference for our layouts and key frames. It felt like we were really making our own movie when drawing. It was fun.

Of course this is classified footage that will never leave the building. We apologize that it will never see the light of day in the world.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
anohana 3

&#12418;&#12358;&#12356;&#12356;&#12290;&#39154;&#12414;&#12394;&#12387;&#12363;&#12390;&#26126;&#26085;&#12398;&#28858;&#12395;&#27531;&#12387;&#12390;&#12356;&#12427;&#12290;&#12362;&#12420;&#12377;&#12415;&#12394;&#12373;&#12356;&#12290;
Nomanakkate?

You're no expert!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Direction itself is kinda bad and they have no idea how to handle the material, I'd think. It's like there's something good buried in the show but everytime you get a chance to see it, they pull the rug out from under you.

The problem is that for each amusing episode (13) you get two horrible episodes (14, 16). It'll probably be long before I check the manga out after finishing this show simply because I'll be way too tired of Alibaba at that point, haha.

No complaints about Aladdin's transforming hair color?

I guess at one point I turned my brain off. I didn't even notice it!

c'mon, magi is the best shonen anime of 2012.

Then shounen needs help.

fertygo

Kuroko no Basket, JoJo, HxH, C; B, all far better than Magi's anime.

The director just not trying, for all the bashing that Yoshino got, the directing far more suspect to me.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
did anyone gif. that part in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha ep 5 where the Hero has that puppy face? if not gif it plz.

Lain

From The New World 18

The whole atmosphere of this episode was depressing. Even the festival felt depressing. The Queerats' plan was OK but, once again,
it's the stupidity (or in this case, the pride?) of those people that made it enough of a success, managing to kill the old man, along those other people.
Given what was said in the episode, I have some questions about Maria, Mamoru and
the truth about their end.

Psycho-Pass 15

This too was a bit of a depressing episode. Seeing people
take it out on other people because they're angry at the system is depressing.

Mondaiji 4

Izayoi is always cool, when he actually does something.
"We'd need years to win the 2 gift games to challenge Perseus to a duel" *knock knock* "Here's your 2 gift games victories".
Yep, I love to see overpowered protagonists put to shame the nefarious, evil bastards.

Mitsuho

Banned
&#12354;&#12398;&#33457;&#65300;

It's a surprise! The strict, mean character's true motivation is beginning to leak from his shell.

Mature

I'm sad that Tamako is a bomba, it deserves more than Chuu2 :(
It's a bomba? Yikes. So much for KyoAni having a future of original work that would eventually lead to something cool and different.

This week in Anime Podcasts that didn't come out this week:

Anime World Order episode 111:
In this episode Daryl gives a 'fair and balanced' review of the recent series Kids on the Slope. I say 'fair and balanced' because Daryl has gone on record and explaining that he doesn't understand what 'love' or 'coming of age' is. Still, between Daryl, Gerald and Clarissa you get a fairly well balanced spectrum of opinions concerning the series. If you're on the fence about watching the show this would probably be a rather helpful show to listen in on.

Dynamite in the Brain episode 76: In this episode the usual crew plus Niall Flanagan and Dwayne Moloney review the 'Phantom Blood' arc of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure. They don't really have anything particularly insightful to say about the series but the section at the end of the podcast where Brian unleashed his quiz was excellent. For those who don't listen to the podcast, which I assume is, er, everyone, from time to time Brian will come up with some humorous quiz to test his fellow hosts with. Usually these are fairly creative but something about this weeks quiz really tickled me. It was called JoJo vs No No and I won't explain what the hell it involves because that would ruin the fun for anyone who decided to listen to the episode.

Now, in general, I prefer to listen to podcasts which cover material that hasn't already received a great deal of coverage elsewhere but sometimes there's just nothing else to listen to. And no, I haven't listened to the ANNCast because I'd rather stick a bamboo shoot through my eardrum.
So you would recommend both of these podcasts then? My job requires driving for long periods of time and I usually pass the time with different podcasts. Having some good anime ones in the rotation would be awesome.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 43

Ok this youma was by far the most annoying of all of them.
BANBANBANBANBANBAN SHUTTHEFUCKUP!
*kicks youma in the face

Ok thats better.
So the senshi try to plan a trap for Kunzite. They pretend to be fighting, and a reporter from a tabloid tries to get the scoop. She is of course turned into the youma.
The senshi hide and Sailor Moon pretends that she is feuding with them and wishes to quit. She meets up with Kunzite. however he sees through the trickery. The senshi cannot bear to see Sailor Moon in trouble so they end the plan and go to help her.

This was a pretty much inconsequential plan and episode so I didnt bother putting spoiler tags. Its nothing that would ruin anything.

Jex

Like GITS (strong western appeal), this is definitely one of the series that has a clear hook at the beginning and the parts that may be culturally inscrutable just further entice the viewer to continue the series.

See, I thought this would be the case but actually it turns out the show is just fucking weird. I mean, people might watch the next episode to work out what the hell is going on but I can imagine a lot of people going 'fuck this' and dropping the show hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom