• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/dookidooki.jpg

gg toei

dZHdajL.jpg

well the joke's on us because they lick magical toads to transform.

Kuro usagi 4

w/e is actually happening is dull and boring... and kinda doesn't make any sense. And I am a bit disappointed that it seems like this is another show where all the females are pretty much useless compare to superior super male.

But at least Black Rabbit is around being awesome and adorablicious.

idStkngM7MsA3.gif

izayoi is also kinda awesome...

you know this show reminds me a teeeny bit of Kaze no stigma or w/e it's called. The show with the dickhead badass wind dude.

cajunator

Banned
Kuro usagi 4

w/e is actually happening is dull and boring... and kinda doesn't make any sense. And I am a bit disappointed that it seems like this is another show where all the females are pretty much useless compare to superior super male.

But at least Black Rabbit is around being awesome and adorablicious.

idStkngM7MsA3.gif

izayoi is also kinda awesome...

you know this show reminds me a teeeny bit of Kaze no stigma or w/e it's called. The show with the dickhead badass wind dude.

Izayoi keeps the show interesting to me, but I do wish the girls would unleash some badassery more too.
And yes, Black Rabbit is super adorable and the main reason to watch it.
If there is a figurine made of her I'm buying it the instant I see it for preorder.

Mayaka sucks.

Fully agree.

Articalys

Sounds like the third Berserk film isn't going to be the end of it:
t the press conference on Saturday for the Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) movie's opening the previous day, director Toshiyuki Kubooka indicated that there is more in the works for Berserk beyond the current film trilogy. He told the audience,

We're currently moving to make [Berserk] a saga project. But this is as much as I can say. It's a secret. It's really not at the stage I can say anything about it, but the project is in motion.

Actors Hiroaki Iwanaga (Guts), Takahiro Sakurai (Griffith), Toa Yukinari (Casca), and Kenta Miyake (Zodd) also attended the event, along with theme song director Susumu Hirasawa.

Jex

K-ON! 12

[...]

I don't get what's so polarizing about this show outside of the "don't like what I don't like" argument. It's about inoffensive as it can be but well made. Will check out K-ON!! down the road given what I've read in here about increased production values. (and maybe for Mugi & Yui)

Well, let me guide you down the road of understanding, my son.

I guess you could say there's a number of reasons.

K-On! began airing in 2009 and it was undeniably a popular series for all the reasons that you can imagine. Now, as fanbases of shows are want to do, they began to proselytize to the masses about the wonders of K-On!. They'd do deploy the usual internet weaponry in the form of forum avatars and gifs of the show in an attempt to spread awareness and celebrate their love of the property. Now this creates a few problems.

Firstly, we get the usual reaction from the internet when they've been bombarded by any fanbase: shut the hell up and stop spreading meme's everywhere. That's the usual 'tired of group' response which happens even when the show is very popular see: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Secondly, we get the MLP reaction where some people can't handle people enjoying a series that is primarily made for a female girl audience. As you may have noticed, this really causes people to lose their shit for reasons that are kind of beyond me. Anyway it's a well documented phenomenon.

Thirdly we've got to deal with the concept of moe. Remember that by 2009 anime was seen as being in a slump with the glorious of heydays of 2007 quickly forgotten. The general conesus being that anime used to be cool and now it's just a lot of shitty, pedo, pandering moe shows for otaku. How disgusting. Then here comes a 'moe series' (I hate using this term incorrectly but then again everyone uses this term incorrectly because no-one can decide what it means) which has a large and vocal fanbase. They appear to represent some kind of new movement that loves 'moe shit', which means that all the people who grew up watching 80's/90's anime are totally free to hate on this group because they love the shit that anime has 'turned into' (in their mind). This reaction, crucially, doesn't really even deal with the worth or quality of the series itself because it's completely irrelevant to what the series represents e.g. the downfall of anime.

Finally I'd say that anywork which has people shouting it's praises to high heaven will inevitably draw criticism when people watch it for themselves and perhaps find the work extremely boring. There's then a great divide between the people who are calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread and the people who think that it's the cure for insomnia.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
wait, is that an unironic use of worthing's law or are my eyes just deceiving me?!

Your eyes are deceiving you. In all honesty though I'm sad that a quality show like Hyouka got less sales than Chuunibyou, though the latter is still good. It's just... disappointing.

Jex

It's kinda bad and from what I understand, I don't quite grasp just how bad the adaptation is due to no exposure to the manga. That said, what was its competition?

Hunter x Hunter, Code:Breaker - two works which people seem to really love.

Shergal

Well, let me guide you down the road of understanding, my son.

...some people can't handle people enjoying a series that is primarily made for a female girl audience. As you may have noticed, this really causes people to lose their shit for reasons that are kind of beyond me.

Exactly. I will never get the MANime people and their thought patterns.

Ultimadrago

At least one Starbucks in Akihabara watched Nichijou and enjoyed the coffee skit, and even recently caught Mai Aizawa's attention:

Do people actually order these things?

Going to order that again sometime. It is sweet, like really SWEET.

And Mai Aizawa really does love her some tweeting. I'm sure not surprised she would re-tweet that! Good call.

Creepy edible Luffy:

Made from sugar, rice powder, and red bean paste.

Yikes.

I was going to finish the benizakura arc before post impressions but...the first 5 minutes of 59,
the choreography of Kagura fighting...wow, that was sweet.
Back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom