• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -5| This is stupid, kayos90 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo C.

Minami-Ke Tadaima ep 5

VxiFh8Y.png

I'm sorry Fujioka, you're no Hosaka.

Fujioka centred episode. Poor guy, forever chasing a dimwitted girl.

Ahhh, aaaaatsuuuiiiii nee?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
After an intense 24 hours of marathoning, Yes! Precure 5 CONQUERED. On to Futari wa. Let's see how long I last until I burn out.
You should get yourself checked for anomalies in your brain first.
Nope but Regulus jumped the gun so I guess there's not going to be one now :lol

Just ditch Splash Star and follow along at your own pace. I'll be light on images and safe with spoilers to avoid affecting anyone else's experience.
Simulwatches are gonna be difficult for me for a variety of reasons. :( Sorry guyz.
[Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water]: 21 & 22
Motherfucking backlog season.

Jex

I'm in ToonamiGAF all the time.I don't see many bleeding over at all. Despite it being a block largely consistent of anime, I sort of understand why it's a bit separate.

Well, the separation is understandable I was just wondering if there was any bleed through. Apparently not!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AKB0048 - 18

This week the Naughties take a trip to the
Brummie inspired Baltistar
. Here we learn that even in the future
the rich still benefit off of the misfortune of others and wear theatrical masks

Space Brothers - 43

You feel like that guy who clings onto his bath curtains in the Truman Show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, the separation is understandable I was just wondering if there was any bleed through. Apparently not!
I think the problem here is that many people just don't check the Community subforums. A lot of the Precure newbies we've had lately are people I've harassed led here who didn't even know we had this thread. We should have stayed in OT.
I doubt it's coincidental. Gunbuster is secretly Japanese imperialist power fantasy, which is mostly expressed in-universe in subtle ways that an American viewer would never notice or care about.

For example (this is the first thing I found on Google), someone wrote a series of blog posts on this subject, and in their sum-up of episode 6, they briefly discuss how Hawaii is portrayed during its short appearance in this episode. In short, there are a number of advertisements in Japanese, for Japanese goods. Why is that?

So there you go! They aren't using Japanese in Gunbuster (just) out of convenience; Japan is the leading superpower in the series.
Annoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
And people still try to tell me that there are no good anime blogs!
Animekritik's posts on Utena are freaking great.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have you guys really never been to an actual concert?
I don't suppose cabaret nights count.

I know this isn't anywhere close to new but I finally finished watching through Bebop...

That last scene, plus the last song, plus the fading star, plus the Beatles song completely wrecked me. What a show.
Weird to see an image I made for 4chan years ago popup as an avatar on GAF.

Kazzy

Mayaka sucks.

Fully agree.

This is nonsense.

Yes, I'd especially recommend the Anime World Order podcast although Dynamite in the Brain is a pleasant listen. I went back and literally listened to every AWO podcast they ever, did some of which are like three hours long. I don't normally do that for podcasts!

I guess it's time that I gave Anime podcasts another trial run. ANN scared me off last time around, though I think that's understandable.

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe

Most anime would benefit from having a British bloke making cynical comments about the week's events. It's always appropriate.

I wasn't even aware that this was a thing (again). Thank you!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

wonzo

Banned
Yes, I'd especially recommend the Anime World Order podcast although Dynamite in the Brain is a pleasant listen. I went back and literally listened to every AWO podcast they ever, did some of which are like three hours long. I don't normally do that for podcasts!
AWO owns so I'll definitely check out Dynamite in the Brain.

Jex

AWO owns so I'll definitely check out Dynamite in the Brain.

DITB is entertaining from time to time and they do occasionally talk about stuff that I've never seen or heard of. However, it's no AWO, but then again, what is? Despite the abundance of anime podcasts there's very few worth listening to. I guess it's pretty much the same problem as one has with anime blogs.

Mandoric

Banned
I'm merely talking about who the work appears to be aimed at from the perspective of an outsider. Most people wouldn't be aware of the history of the property.

The history of the property spends loads of money advertising itself all over the face of every TV episode, and each copy of the comics comes with at least a "Plus, check out these other great series from Kirara!" splash in the back. The only way people miss this is if they're overseas core animu fans, and if those are 'most people' then that drags the viewing demographic right back in that direction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Space Bros 43
So why couldn't he just hold his breath?
He's not Guybrush.

I do find it amusing that the Hyouka map does all the work that fans would normally do themselves when trying to match up KyoAni show locations to their real-world reference counterparts... not that people hadn't probably done that for Hyouka anyway.
I was asked to do a K-On movie one in full Mio gear. But since no one sent the costume it never came to be.

I wasn't even aware that this was a thing (again). Thank you!
We cajunator now. *copies cajunator's avatar*

Jex

The history of the property spends loads of money advertising itself all over the face of every TV episode, and each copy of the comics comes with at least a "Plus, check out these other great series from Kirara!" splash in the back. The only way people miss this is if they're overseas core animu fans, and if those are 'most people' then that drags the viewing demographic right back in that direction.

Well, my original comment was in response to someone asking why the internet reaction to the series was so extreme, as such I assumed he meant the overseas response seen on the internet.

wonzo

Banned
Thought that the plauge of terrible CG in anime was purely a turn-of-the-millenium occurence? Think again! Just check out this amazing CG in the opening of this 1984 anime series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMH_pydMEQ

Truly seamless.

Oh my, I think the ships in that have more polygons than the ones in the Mass Effect anime. lol

DITB is entertaining from time to time and they do occasionally talk about stuff that I've never seen or heard of. However, it's no AWO, but then again, what is? Despite the abundance of anime podcasts there's very few worth listening to. I guess it's pretty much the same problem as one has with anime blogs.
Pretty much. You just gotta take what you can get when it comes to these thing.

Metrotab

Banned
I always hear one of the reasons for K-On!'s appeal to girls was the core female staff working on it, who may have, incidentally or not, made the show more relatable through their input.

Steroyd

Space Brothers - 43

Bloody hell, despite calling it 2 weeks ago and keeping the faith, that was still edge of your seat intense stuff regardless. I blame episode 42 for this.

Milamber

30 minutes to new Love Live! episode.

Meanwhile, I'm just listening to the album waiting in anticipation.

EDIT: I don't understand why I enjoy this but not AKB0048 and Idolmaster.

fertygo

Berserk TV

This is great adaptation of Golden Age arc, but I must say although the Eclipse are very well portrayed here, some cut for this arc a bit unfortunate. I don't mind with the ending but I think the
Black Dogs fight are too essential to got cut, because aside the fight being GODDAMN Grand, its providing a bit more insight why Griffith betraying Gutts

Its still great anime if you want audio-visual experience for Berserk, instead that garbage crap by 4C.

Quasar

Finished off season one of Minami-Ke. This show always brings a smile to my face and lightens my mood. Though with its episodic nature I do need to take it in small doses.

black rabbit sexy legs.

who's mayaka again? Oh yeah... she's ok... but that whole manga club soup opera thing was dumb.

How is Toriko anime sales doing? I do wish the show had more budget.
Well the anime occasionally ranks on that tv ratings thing ann reports for jpn and they are giving toriko a second movie this year, so the anime must be doing fairly well outside of disc sales.

Westlo

Kuroko no Basket, JoJo, HxH, C; B, all far better than Magi's anime.

The director just not trying, for all the bashing that Yoshino got, the directing far more suspect to me.

It has become crystal clear, and I mean crystal clear that they both absolutely suck. They should be arrested for their crimes.

sonicmj1

I dont understand why they chose Soul Eater instead of say Toriko or even funimations other newly released stuff like fafner or baka and test, sengoku basara. They should try newer or lesser known shows.

Why? Much of their audience doesn't have that much exposure to anime outside of what gets aired on TV. They should focus on sure bets like Soul Eater instead of risking wasting weeks of time on something that people don't like.

Some of those suggestions are alright, but Soul Eater is right in Toonami's wheelhouse in terms of genre, and it's a damn good show. I'm glad they chose it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I dont understand why they chose Soul Eater instead of say Toriko or even funimations other newly released stuff like fafner or baka and test, sengoku basara. They should try newer or lesser known shows.
The licence might be cheaper because the show isn't as new anymore. Soul Eater is also the type of show that seems to totally jive with the Toonami viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic got some sweet merchandise after the show picks up its audience.

The only thing I regret now is stopping around episode ten. The action was pretty good, but Black Star annoyed the hell out of me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sankarea 13

How many of Rea's baths do these guys care to animate? There's a bath scene in every single episode. Put some goddamn diversity in your fanservice. Geez.

Aside from the nice montage in the end with the cool background song, this episode was pretty much... Void. Since it's an OVA, they obviously feel the need to explain everything in the show once again, instead of actually portraying new events...

... Or so I thought.

Huh.

It's pretty clear Babu should've been the narrator since the beginning.

mAcOdIn

Thats what I had heard. What about three? And are there any plot points needed to be known from S2?
There's nothing wrong with any season of Minami-ke. Some are stronger than others but none are bad.

Certainly I think it'd be accurate to say that Darkside watches some shows FAR worse than any episode from Minami-ke season two and somehow enjoys them.

S1, S3 and S4 is all you need. Really, this anime is using a 'Sazae-san' style. They will forever be elementary, middle and high schoolers.

While S2 is inférior to the greatness of S1 , i think it's still a watch if you're aware that it's "not great".

--------------------------
HUNTER X HUNTER - 65
Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%2065.jpg

This guy is intresting..i wish i could see him again in the next arcs in the manga.

Training,bomber and some delicious choice in music .. Alright episode !

mAcOdIn

So, I started Rocket Girls as my next backlog title and have made it through the first 4 episodes. This really brings back that feeling and desire I had as a kid where I thought I could do anything despite being younger only to later realize that the only jobs adults would really give kids were as drug mules, sex slaves, child soldiers and actors, all of which seem to have an awfully high self destruction and mortality rate.

Anyways, despite being unrealistic as anything anime it is still about space and it has maths written on whiteboards that I can't understand so, uh, I'm going to keep watching. And if we make it to space I'll forgive them for the horrible helicopter rocket animation from the first episode.

The licence might be cheaper because the show isn't as new anymore. Soul Eater is also the type of show that seems to totally jive with the Toonami viewers. I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Topic got some sweet merchandise after the show picks up its audience.

The only thing I regret now is stopping around episode ten. The action was pretty good, but Black Star annoyed the hell out of me.

I guess. I wonder how their costs work, they did get Deadman Wonderland which was new at that time (since it aired before they even brought the dvds out). Are the series I suggested really less fitting than Tenchi Muyo! GXP is for the block...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thats what I had heard. What about three? And are there any plot points needed to be known from S2?

3 is enjoyable. 2 is absolutely horrific. Its ugly, its not funny, its not enjoyable in the slightest and its home to literally the most pointless and awful character in the history of anime.

Necrovex

Gintama Episode 3

8a63bd28-dcc9-4d05-987d-7a3bec2dba0d_zps3f118a50.jpg

A cake is not a suitable replacement for a parfait.

So, it all begins. I am starting my journey on one of Anime Gaf's favorite show. I will continue to keep a log of my journey as I progress through these 250 episodes. Oh god, what have I done?

Gintama Episode 3

So, it all begins. I am starting my journey on one of Anime Gaf's favorite show. I will continue to keep a log of my journey as I progress through these 250 episodes. Oh god, what have I done?

Ah Im not the only one that is still in the single digit episodes...though I need to get to episode 4 this morning, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom